facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 24, 2006, 03:20 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Rajin and Nazmul OUT! Manjar Rana & Tapash In!

Just heard on NTV~!

Old February 24, 2006, 03:25 AM
First Class Cricketer

Bangladesh squad:

12th man Squad

Habibul Bashar (captain)
Khaled Mashud
Javed Omar
Mohammad Ashraful
Aftab Ahmed
Alok Kapali
Shahriar Nafees
Mohammad Rafique
Mashrafe Mortaza
Manjural Islam Rana
Syed Rasel
Tapash Baisya.

whos going to be super sub?
Old February 24, 2006, 03:26 AM
First Class Cricketer

super sub:Tapash Baisya.
Old February 24, 2006, 03:39 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: sreesanth

Good move indeed.
Old February 24, 2006, 03:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Would rather have rana as the super sub and tapash in the team instead of nazmul. But ommitting Saleh and Nazmul is a very good decision and bringing back Rana is even better. Always been a supporter of Rana's inclusion in the team. But not sure about taposh, his economy rate has always been bad. What happenned to Rajib???
Old February 24, 2006, 04:09 AM
Street Cricketer

Gud move indeed but super sub must be Rana. Can't afford to take ricks Tapash as super sub.

If we win the toss, most probably going to field first, so a bowling super sub will be totally useless. And going to match with two pacers wud be higly risky. Rana as supersub would be useful either way batting or fielding first.
Old February 24, 2006, 04:14 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: mortaza and saqibul

if fielding first let tapash ball 5 over than bring rana in.
if batting first let rana bat and than let him ball 5 overs than bring tapash in.
Old February 24, 2006, 04:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: mortaza and saqibul

our only headache is now who is gonna be the 3rd position batsman, cause nobody did good job in this position. bashar did good job once upon a time but that is long ago.
Old February 24, 2006, 04:23 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by nannu
our only headache is now who is gonna be the 3rd position batsman, cause nobody did good job in this position. bashar did good job once upon a time but that is long ago.
I would prefer Aftab as one down if we bat first. If we bat next I would like to gamble playing Rafique or Masrafe considering RRR, if RRR is less we play Pilot or Rana.
Old February 24, 2006, 04:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
if batting first let rana bat and than let him ball 5 overs than bring tapash in.
interesting. not a bad idea at all. however if tapash bowls first 5 overs well, we could give him more than 5 overs and bring rana in for batting. kapali is available as a back up spinner. however if pitch is spinner friendly and tapash is not doing well, we could give more than 5 overs to rana. i like your idea.
Old February 24, 2006, 04:32 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by howzatt!
Quote:
interesting. not a bad idea at all. however if tapash bowls first 5 overs well, we could give him more than 5 overs and bring rana in for batting. kapali is available as a back up spinner. however if pitch is spinner friendly and tapash is not doing well, we could give more than 5 overs to rana. i like your idea.

To make this happen Rana shud be the super sub not Tapash. But seems managemnt is going for Tapash as super sub~
Old February 24, 2006, 09:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:
that doesnt make sense.... you have to choose your supersub before the toss and you cant choose both... so you have to decide who you wanna use as the supersub... if you choose tapash... then bowling first you have to forget about him cuz we will need rana's batting... batting first however would allow us to use him

using rana as supersub, you can let tapash bowl 5-6 over and then bring rana...
Old February 24, 2006, 09:37 AM
Street Cricketer

difinitely a good move...i like it
Old February 24, 2006, 09:39 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Rana can not be supersub. He is valuable with both bat and ball. It will have to be Nafees and Taposh combo, depending on the pitch, one of them should be supersub, but losing toss may mean we never use Taposh.

However, being the genious our team think tank proved to be, they will probably make Rana supersub and miss out either his bating or bowling.

Edited on, February 24, 2006, 2:40 PM GMT, by Mahmood.
Old February 24, 2006, 09:39 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
surely rana will do it...he was successfull at this position before...he scored 60+ runs.cant remeber where...
Old February 24, 2006, 09:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Alright, it's for sure that either rana or taposh would be the super sub. What would be the scenarios -

Scenario 1. (super sub - taposh)
If Bangladesh bat first, it is good. If ban bat second (which we wish), how Taposh can be used.

Scenario 2. (super sub - Rana)
If Bangladesh bowl first, it would be good. Use taposh for early overs than bring rana in. But if we need to bat first, can we enjoy the batting service from rana?

So, I guess, it all depends on the toss.

Let's hope to win the toss and put SL in again. Good luck Bashu. Do it for 3rd times in a row.
Old February 24, 2006, 09:47 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Rajin & Nazmul were probably the weakest points in the team.. not a bad idea to replace them .. only makes the team more stable. I like it.
Old February 24, 2006, 09:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
You want both Way?

If true, I am happy, becuase I would do the same if we have to choose only from the selected 14. Also I would select Rana as super sub.

Case I: Bangladesh field first
With the assumption that if Bangladesh field first, I would select Rana as the super-sub. beacuse of recent history, Tapash may again be wicket taker but expensive. In that case bashar can bring Rana on after tapash's initial 5/6 overs and let Rana bowl the rest. If Tapash bowl economicaly, then Bashar can bring Rana in the 2nd Innings of the game for batting instead of Rasel.

Case II: Bangladesh bat first
If Bangladesh bats first, then bashar can wait up to fall of 6th wicket, to decide if really need another bat or not, before bringing Rana in. They may not need Rana's bat. In that case Rana can be used in the game's second innings replacing any ineffective bowler.

Edited on, February 24, 2006, 2:53 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Old February 24, 2006, 09:58 AM
Club Cricketer

maybe the think tank feels that Taposh is an all-rounder now. His batting on occasion has been quite solid. The pitch curator has gone on record saying the pitch has a lot of green and should provide for good bounce. If this is the case, I don't see why we need rana's spin to be in the regular 11 when we are fielding. I would prefer Rana to be the super-sub and have Tapah bowl out his full quota. This is assuming we get to bowl first again.
Old February 24, 2006, 10:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Great move by the selectors

Akram Khan, albeit a good batsman, was not a shrewd captain. In BD home matches, he used to take pointers from the crowd. If crowd chanted for some bowling change or fielding placement, you'd see Akram embracing those advice (If I may call it that). It is sometimes easier to see the big picture when you are not in the middle of it ... and Dhaka Stadium Cricket fans are no dummy.

For the last year, increasingly, I have had the feeling that BanglaCricket is visited by many of our cricketers and team management including selectors and possibly coaches. Mods/WebMasters/BC Staff may know how accurate it is. But it seems to me the good thoughtful fans of BC has started to have some impact, however indirectly. A positive impact of our collective goodwill, the desire to win and the never-dying optimism.
Old February 24, 2006, 10:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Mahmood
Rana can not be supersub. He is valuable with both bat and ball. It will have to be Nafees and Taposh combo, depending on the pitch, one of them should be supersub, but losing toss may mean we never use Taposh.

However, being the genious our team think tank proved to be, they will probably make Rana supersub and miss out either his bating or bowling.

Edited on, February 24, 2006, 2:40 PM GMT, by Mahmood.
I totally disagree!

Rana is by far the best person to have as the supersub!

If we lose the toss and have to bat first, hopefully we wont need him but if we do, we can bring him in and take out a pacer - a third pacer wont be as important for us anyway if we dont get to bowl first so we can easily sacrfice taposh and bring in Rana if our batting is struggling.

However, if we do win the toss and bowl first, its likely that Rasel will again bowl ten overs straight, so in the 20th over, we can substitute Rana for Rasel and he can bowl and bat both!

What the hell is the point of having Nafees or Taposh as supersubs? It will only work if we win the toss. If we lose we are screwed both ways!!
Old February 24, 2006, 10:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by Sham
However, if we do win the toss and bowl first, its likely that Rasel will again bowl ten overs straight, so in the 20th over, we can substitute Rana for Rasel and he can bowl and bat both!
If after 20th over ( asuming Rasel finished his 10m overs) you bring in Rana for Rasel , rana cannot bowl a single over as he is replacing Rasel.

However I agree, (unfortunately) Rana may be the best choice for super-sub for this game.
Old February 24, 2006, 10:40 AM
Cricket Legend

The supersub for BD team should be a genuine batsman or a batsman all-rounder.
Old February 24, 2006, 10:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Edited on, February 24, 2006, 4:02 PM GMT, by Sauron.
Reason: deleted this post, coz after reading this I realized I have been brain-dead since this morning. Apologies for writing non-sense. Apologies to Sham if you have already read my post. But if you have not, then don't worry, I was praising you
Old February 24, 2006, 10:42 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by Sham
Not possible. According to super sub rule: The sub will carry the bowling qouta. in other words, if russel bowls 10 over and then substituted with rana, rana will not be allowed to bowl at all. if russel bowls 9 overs, rana can bowl 1 overs and so on.