facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 8, 2006, 11:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv
Default We got our 3 pacers for the next 3 world cups

Rassel giving 7 runs in 8 overs. Looks like Mashrafee and him, on a good day, could suffocate opposition batting in the first 15 overs of ODIs. Now Shahadat is showing some real potential.

Looks like our bowling has come a long long way since we got the test status.

Edited on, March 9, 2006, 4:44 AM GMT, by pagol-chagol.

Old March 8, 2006, 11:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

no one believed me when i said we got our 3 quicks...actually i was aprehensive to make such a friggin bold-*** prediction.

but i wanna see what the rajib-critics have to say now (i won't call em haters cuz they genuinely want rajib to succeed but most BC members are bipolar fans- they either think we are champs or chumps).

IanW has said great things about rajib and looks like its coming true.

4-108, then 4-83 (mostly tail), and now 3-40 or something...

that is more than just a fluke.

but rajib still has to improve his accuracy, though i doubt he will ever reach mash or rasel level there.

but he will the the wicket taker like we've never seen.

mark my words
Old March 8, 2006, 11:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Rajib got to check runs a lot. He is giving away too many runs compare to other bowlers. Once he improves his accuracy, we will be a good bowling side with those 3 bowlers.
Old March 9, 2006, 12:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

Ever since I saw him take those 4 wickets in Sri Lanka I was a fan of Shahadat.

I couldnt beleive my eyes when the selectors were using Nazmul who I think is a complete joke and Tapash baysa who is just terrible instead of him.

Who knows what couldve happened in the 3rd ODI if we had used him.

Its surely couldnt have been much worse.
Old March 9, 2006, 02:47 AM
Test Cricketer

Hope they use rajib in odi too...

pray that mash always remains fit
Old March 9, 2006, 03:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Its not yet the time to praise rajib,If he can continue with this form in the next two series,then Tapash and Nazmul are doomed
Old March 9, 2006, 04:08 AM
BC Editorial Team

while i agree that we have 3 potential fixtures on the pace front, i say it's too early to write off Baisya
Old March 9, 2006, 04:28 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
Rassel giving 7 runs in 8 overs. Looks like Mashrafee and him, on a good day, could suffocate opposition batting in the first 15 overs of ODIs.
Edited on, March 9, 2006, 4:44 AM GMT, by pagol-chagol.
in ur dream.
Old March 9, 2006, 06:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally posted by RazabQ
while i agree that we have 3 potential fixtures on the pace front, i say it's too early to write off Baisya
ya agree............lets hope Baisya picks up his game and play at his best.....then we will have 4 pace bolwers fighting for a spot in the fisrt XI and by this kind of healthy competition, bangladesh team is the one who will be the benificiary.
Old March 9, 2006, 06:43 AM
First Class Cricketer

I am really proud of bowlers yet again particularly the young quicks. I thinks its still too premature to write of Taspash yet for much of BD earlier days he led the weak BD attack, he is ok but if theses lads continue to take wickets conceding few extras and runs sad to say as i am a sylheti but taspash may be dis-regarded.

PS can any member inform me more about RASEL i have not had the pleasure to see him play as i live in UK (where there is no live coverage of BD matches to may knowledge), which international bowler can he be compared to if any??

my prediction for tomorrow:

SRI- 334 ao
BAN- 230/6
Old March 9, 2006, 09:28 AM
Street Cricketer

you are closed.

it will be
sri-310 aot.

bang-333.
Old March 9, 2006, 09:43 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally posted by sar2005
Rajib got to check runs a lot. He is giving away too many runs compare to other bowlers. Once he improves his accuracy, we will be a good bowling side with those 3 bowlers.
Agreed with the accuracy part and partially agree with giving away too many runs. Bashar has some thing to say to it. When Bashar knows time to time to intimidate batsmen Shahadat bowls short ball, Bashar need to have someone at deep square leg. Jayaverdene just took steps toward off and smacked boundaries. No 3rd man for Tharanga (excellent off-side player). Between 2nd slip and gully. boundaries. Fielding plays a big role. Hope these two can stay healthy by the Grace of the Almighty.
Old March 9, 2006, 09:54 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Rajib is still very erratic from time to time. And both Rasel and Rajib has to prove themselves against better batting lineups.

Rajib must learn to be more accurate, and I'm not confident about Rasel's bright future, because he is too slow. McGrath and Vaas are faster than Rasel.
Old March 9, 2006, 10:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Spitfire,

Rassel is accurate, and can swing it both ways. Good enough for me.

It's a triangle attack - Shahadat for pace and aggression, Rasel for nagging line and length and swing, and Masrafee for overall quality.

Maybe Bangladesh win this game, and maybe they dont. But they have proved they can gut a good batting side on what everyone thought was a good batting track.

I dont mind Bangladesh losing when it takes really, really good performances to beat them. It's losing by an innings when the opposition doesnt play well that sets my teeth on edge.

But rest assured that tape of Shahadat's early spell is going to be goi ng under a certain Tasmanian's door, and Rasel is going to get some quality time in the planning sessions as well.

Ian Whitchurch
Old March 9, 2006, 10:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally posted by IanW
... But rest assured that tape of Shahadat's early spell is going to be goi ng under a certain Tasmanian's door, and Rasel is going to get some quality time in the planning sessions as well.

Ian Whitchurch
That speaks volume.

Rasel's current speed is equal or higher than Pathan's.
Old March 9, 2006, 10:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Personally, I'm more optimistic of Bangladesh's chances against Australia than I am against Sri Lanka, as Sri Lanka plays better under subcontinental conditions than Australia does.

And both batsmen and bowlers have shown some form, and Aftab and Masrafee are both being rested, but should be ready for the Australians.

Ian Whitchurch
Old March 9, 2006, 11:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Rajib's accuracy problem is obvious, but he is improving.

Bashar needs to learn how to set up the field for Rajib. I don't think he ever played with a bowler like him.

Lets go over the first bowl after lunch.

Batsman: Jaywardane, one of the best in form batsmen in the world.

Bowler : Rajib.

He bowled it short to Jay's body which Jay had no idea what to do with. He managed to save his body but the ball went as a catch to gully. No fielder there. 1 run.

Australia is going to analyze that ball more than any of the outs.

Frankly, I thought we'd need 10 years to have a pace attack trio. Undoubtedly Shahad is IT.
Old March 9, 2006, 11:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

what I like about him is he is very aggresive. Also he is learning very fast. I love it when he gives a stare to the batsman.... :P
Old March 9, 2006, 11:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Pagol-chagol,

Once Kaspa, Gillespie and McGrath retire, it's looking like the direct comparison is

Lee/Bracken/Tait vs

Masrafee/Shahadat/Rasel ...

doesnt look too bad for the Tigers does it ?

Ian Whitchurch
Old March 9, 2006, 11:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Lee or Tait vs Mashrafee and Shahadat..... lol... we have a long way to go....
Old March 9, 2006, 11:27 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player

Now I think...Shahadat is a Good Asset...!
Old March 9, 2006, 11:31 AM
ODI Cricketer

Ian didnt Bracken just get dropped from the sqaud and sent home packing?

I was kind of surprised at that.

Anyway the difference between Australians and BD players at the end of the day when your pace trio retire will still be mental.

That is the biggest problem that we have to be smart about our cricket, we have to be thinking bolwers.

BUt I do think that our 3 bowlers are improving well.

And let me say something that may not have been mentioned about dropping Mashrafe and keeping Shahdat. It seems to me that although the selectors plan was resting mashrafe the effect of that has had a huge positive impact on Shahadat Hossain.

I mean he's now playing like our main strike bowler.He's had to grow much fatser due to the added responsibility and I think he has shown definite signs of improvement.

If Mashrafe was playing here the whole mental aspect of Shahadats role wouldve been completely different. Mashrafe and Rasel would be our main stike bowlers and Shahadat would have been looked on as a backup and who knows how he would've apporached the game then. I certainly doubt with the same attitude and responsibility he is doing now.

After this Shahadat will definetly consider himself equally as important to Mashrafe, not just as a back up bowler and should be encouraged accordingly.

I think that this attitude will benefit him significantly cuz he would know that he cant just get away bowling eraticly now that the bwling responsibilities on his part are on par with Rasel and and Mashrafe.

Well lets hope thats the way it works out anyway.
Old March 9, 2006, 11:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Absolutely fantastic to read these very optimistic comments. Trust me I feel thrilled reading this thread. Well said guys

Well, as stated by Akram, Russle will eventually gather much strength in his shoulder by time and doing more jims. But his accuracy is fabulous!! This guy can be as dangerous as any other world class bowler with a new ball.

Rajib!! I really never thought that a BD blood will be so much aggressive. He has the pace and bounce. Just need to practice more on pitching on right areas. A year or two will definitely bring the learning for him.

And Murtuza? The best. He knows everything. On a good day ( I mean the day on which luck will be 100 percent with him, at least, no drop catches), he can destroy any batting line up.

But the bottom-line is fitness. I would like to say Amen with Cats-eye that these three can stay healthy by the Grace of the Almighty.
Old March 9, 2006, 12:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Both Mash and Rajib are above 6 feet and built like giants with the meanness of wolves. Rasel needs to build some muscles, but the kid is sharp.

When will Enamul Jr. become the match winner that coach McInnes predicted?

Rasel used to be a top order batsman(openned too). Why is he batting at 11th?

When will our batting catch up with our bowling? Remember not too long ago we couldn't get 10 wickets? And then Enamul Sr. was replaced by Rafiq. Shanto, Manzurl etc. were slowly discarded. An unproven kid fell from the sky (Mashrafee) who was thrown to the wolves without any 1st class experience.
Old March 9, 2006, 12:48 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by IanW
Once Kaspa, Gillespie and McGrath retire, it's looking like the direct comparison is

Lee/Bracken/Tait vs

Masrafee/Shahadat/Rasel ...
Hmm.. interesting enthusiasm among fans already. I remember about a year back or so... fans out here in this forum were VERY excited about a similar trio.. the 'Mash-Tapash-Nazmul' trio and everyone was convinced that we finally found our dream-pace-attack for long. At that time, Nazmul was really impressive and was moving the ball viciously as well. It did not really take more than few monthes for them (except for Mash) to become the national-villains and that for their loss of form too.

I don't really feel like talking high already about anything regarding this. Since experience says... that most rising players in this field fail to continue their form from series to series.

Edited on, March 9, 2006, 5:51 PM GMT, by Ahmed_B.