facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 10, 2006, 07:02 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Only satisfaction: They did not lose the matches within 3 days

Today's match reminded me of the 2nd Test against England last year. When everyone was expecting BD to lose within 3 days and the England team also tried hard to bowl BD out anf finish the match soon. BD team rather survived the day well with a 300+ innings and with some good batting show from Aftab etc.

The panic was whether BD will lose it within 3 days or can they survive.. eventually they somehow managed to take the game to the 4rth day. That seems to be almost the only success for these two Test matches against the SriLankans.

Even though the SriLankans failed to bat convincingly and put up huge totals.... BD could not manage to take any of the tests to even 5th day because of their own poor batting display.

Old March 10, 2006, 07:40 AM
Test Cricketer

and haven't succumbed to innings defeat.......that's an achievement!:duh:
Old March 10, 2006, 08:16 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

agree with sunny... BD was able to contain SL in 1st innings of both matches + made them play 2nd innings till day 4 which is an improvement.... if only BD would last more than a day (especially on 2nd innings), they could delay the match till day 5 and at least draw!
Old March 10, 2006, 08:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

More satisfaction:

Bd can play without Mash and take it to the 4th day. I am sure you can add 10/15 runs more to the total if he is in the lineup. And subtract 20/25 runs from SL's 1st innings. Thats 30-50 runs more for SL to chase in the 2nd innings. We can have him as an alrounder.

Good see Bashar's back to back 50+.

Shahadat shaping up ok.

Rasel is no longer a one series bowler. He is consistant.

Rafique is hungry again. Enam bowling with some purpose.

Edited on, March 10, 2006, 1:48 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.
Old March 10, 2006, 09:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

shahadat looked good........ 5 wickets haul is not bad...... he is the second highest wicket-taker after murali.......
Old March 10, 2006, 09:24 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

I am more or less satisfied with the performance so far. It could have been better, though. But enough for the moment. We do the worst aginst the Sri Lankans.
Old March 10, 2006, 09:32 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Some more points of satisfaction mentioned by sunny, Hatebreed & Cats_eye. Yes, they can be called satisfactions compared to BD's previous performance...

But did you guys notice one important thing? And that is.... all these 'other achievements' are actually due to the better performance of our Bowling department(yes.. even avoiding innings defeat is our bowling success and not batting success).

Battingwise: Not letting them finish the tests in 3 days can be called the only satisfaction.

And I also have an assumption of my own regarding our extraordinary bowling success in this series. I have always been feeling that this SriLankan side is a pretty weaker batting squad compared to many other test nations or even compared to the past SriLankan Sides(and the current ICC team-ranking of SL also shows proof of that).

Our team-batting-performance has hardly improved at all in the overall test series compared to our previous. So... I don't see much hope of creating an impression against the Aussies in the coming series... since they are not going to be as weak as the SriLankans against our Bowling attack. They will surely give us a much harder time when we play the coming home series against them.