facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 12, 2006, 12:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee
Default The Real sim Shady of the Elites

(If it was posted earlier on a thread as back as 1.5 years, please dont ban me for that..)Ever interested as what real stats say, and to unearth truth from Murli's recent comment,, I decided to visit StatsGuru... Which Test captain today has the highest Strike Rate? And...

Dravid 42.23
Pointing 59.12
Vaughan 52.40
Fleming 44.18
Inzaman 54.36
Smith 59.61
Jaywardhane 51.74
Chanderpaul 42.94
Taibu (??) 40.93

And last but not least ( rather most):

Bashar 60.17

And as you can clearly see,,Murali was right or maybe he was upset by the beatings he got from Bangladesh this time..?? The verdict is..Amongst the Captains of the elite, Bashar is the Master Blaster of all. Only one comes close is Graeme Smith ( keep in mind he was about to break records of double centuries only a year or so back) and Ricky Pointing ( Who in fact is the captain of #1 team and scoring thousands of runs each year)

Pretty dammn boring stat,,only to prove what we already knew,, huh?

(If similiar thread was posted earlier than 1.5 years, please dont ban me for that..I beg your 'pardon')

Old March 12, 2006, 01:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Pretty dammn boring stat,,only to prove what we already knew,, huh?
And what's that?

So he scores runs at a brisk pace. So What! Does that makes him a Bad Batsmen? Or is he the worst out of them all? Or the best of them all? I don't know what you are trying to prove

Heres Bashars Most Impressive Stat

2000:101 runs scored(1 Test)
2001:605 runs scored(8 Tests) Amazing! # 30 in the world considering almost everybody on the list who was hire then him played 13 Tests
2002:333 runs scored(8 Tests)
2003:801 runs scored(9 Tests) Wow! #12 in the world again Almost everyone who was ahead of him played 12 or 13 Tests
2004: 298 runs scored(6 Tests)
2005: 376 runs scored(6 Tests)
2006: 183 runs scored(2 Tests)

Bashar been has been a great servant to Bangladesh cricket. I am doing a huge disservice by not mentioning who was the #2 batsmen during the years where he was the BD's only Saving grace.

Edited on, March 12, 2006, 6:20 AM GMT, by cricman.
Old March 12, 2006, 04:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Boring stats.. in the sense of we ( read Bangladeshi fans) all know how much of a free scorer he is. The point was simply that... He is the most impressive, quick scorer captain amogst the captains of world cricket. And its proven by his stats,, not by a passionate fan's plight.

And by the way.. there are no #2 batsman in Bangladesh Cricket. Theres only Bashar who will always be consistent in Tests.
Old March 12, 2006, 08:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Dhakablues

And as you can clearly see,,Murali was right or maybe he was upset by the beatings he got from Bangladesh this time..?? The verdict is..Amongst the Captains of the elite, Bashar is the Master Blaster of all. Only one comes close is Graeme Smith ( keep in mind he was about to break records of double centuries only a year or so back) and Ricky Pointing ( Who in fact is the captain of #1 team and scoring thousands of runs each year)
How does a good strike rate make one a great batsman in TEST ??

cricman's posting makes more sense. Bashar undoubtably is the best we got ...