facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 30, 2002, 11:56 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Kapali?!

From what I read on CricInfo Kapali looks really shaky. For those you are watching this live...any commnets. Hope Ash give some advice to calm him down.

Old July 31, 2002, 12:00 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Ash!

Ash seems to take strike as much as possible. Smart move, esp. considering Kapali's nerves at the moment.

Old July 31, 2002, 02:06 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা
Default Ash and Kapali

I remember listening to all those commentaries back in the days (Last time I saw cricket was 99 world cup unless you count the BD matches LIVE on the net) and I used to laugh at some of the comments made by our commies.

One of them always used to be something like - After a long (or long enough) partnership, if one batsman falls, the other follows him. Ash following Kapali within 1 run was a reminder of those days. I guess I am not laughing anymore.

Still, Ash - thank you for proving me wrong. You keep doing that and we'd all be indebted to you.
Old July 31, 2002, 08:15 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Both of them

Both Kapali and Ashraful looked shaky against pace attack. Does that mean anything to you?

It means that yes, Kapali is shaky - (but I don't think it is shaky-shaky) - like a real shaky, in fact, he is pretty solid comparing to other Bangladeshi batsman.

Ofcourse, I am not considering either Bulbul or Akram into his comparison list because they are/were pretty experienced to be shaky enough all the time.

All I mean is that like all typical Bangladeshi batsman, both Kapali and Ashraful are shaky against any sort of pace attack - that is accurate. And they are much much comfortable playing the spinners.

Yet, if you ask me, I would include both of them in the tour of South Africa and include them in the final eleven for both the tests against South Africa.
Old July 31, 2002, 10:06 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Ash has proved that he has the talents, and he can play that good, butits his mind that goes too high and makes him nervous to play.

BCB needs to make a policy, no player can read any newspaper or watch news. Not hear what they did, or how good they are.

It is sad that, with a player like Ash on board, BD batting sucked to bad.
Old July 31, 2002, 11:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Default Ashraful

Even though I followed the live commentary where they described Ashraful's fall as pad then bat hit to catch but the report is saying that the ball only struck the pad. It also mentions that this is not the first time that a call went against Bangladesh (we all know what happened).

We should really start to complain about these miscalls. These referees are biased. Batsman always get the benefit of the doubt. So, I consider Vandort's not out as that (twice). Now Ashraful was the batsman. Why isn't he getting the benefit. Under no circumstances, these calls should be acceptable, especially when he is on the verge of a century.

I like cricinfo's reporter. (no he is not bengali) Do you get the feeling that he is supporting Bangladesh. Eventhough the team work is bad, they are impressed with individual effort (it's always different individual in different games) - So, it's not only us - but THEY are also aware of Bangladeshi talents. We, Fans can only hope to have all those talents burst into one game - not at different innings/games.
Old July 31, 2002, 12:35 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

We dont need 6/7 unter 10 innings, then a hundred. we need steady 40 average from him. I wish he and others look towards ez goals one at a time. First 30. Then 50 and so on. Right now, Ithink Ash was going in with one goal in mind, another century.
Old July 31, 2002, 01:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Default A Conscious Fan!

You are absolutely right! I thought everyone will (many will) start to praise Ashraful because of his performance forgetting about last few matches. This only damages the player. He will use one of his achievement as the escape from other poor performances. Anyways, I would like to see your idea of "NO MEDIA" implemented. That might work! --
Old July 31, 2002, 03:40 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা
Default NO media

No media is sometimes good media. That goes not only for Ash, for everyone around him.

I actually took Ash's 75 as a fluke. I haven't seen much from him lately to prove me otherwise. Just like Sumon's failures were just temporary. He does have rather weak stats against the lankans.

The only reason we didn't go past 50 this time was because Sumon didn't click. You add 50 more runs to all four innings and what do you get ? A consistent 200+ innings from BD. Sumon's our man.

I'd like to see Golla and Masri back in the team and take the match to the Windies later this year. Also, can someone talk some sense into Opee ? we could use another century in one dayers.