facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 30, 2006, 02:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Ashraful to play English Liverpool League

I was looking into today's the daily Ittefaq sports reports. When I finished reading the article on Ponting's centuries, I discovered a very small news. Ashraful will play England league cricket!

I don't know how much dependable that information is. As they said, Ashraful will go to England on May to play in Liverpul League. If he performs well in that league, he will get an opportunity to play in county cricket.

Source

I thought Ashraful had already demonstrate his class to be qualified for county cricket standard. But reality is something else. Anyway, it is indeed a good news if it is true. Hope he will learn a lot. And also hope it is just the opening of exporting BD players in foreign leagues....................

Edited on, March 31, 2006, 3:13 PM GMT, by Carte Blanche.
Reason: mod.content: fixed title
Old March 30, 2006, 02:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

He is also coming to New York to play in the Bcana Cricket league... not sure when though...
Old March 30, 2006, 03:42 PM
Street Cricketer

well,this is fantastic for a bangali player. keep it up but if only true
Old March 30, 2006, 04:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Ashraful will NOT play in Liverpool League.
He will play in Rainhill Club which participates in Merseyside and Southport Cricket Alliance. Many local clubs participate in Merseyside and Southport Cricket Alliance to qualify for the Liverpool League.

At this moment, Rainhill Club is sort of a recreational club in Liverpool. Rainhill club last participated in Merseyside and Southport Cricket Alliance in 2003 and this year aparently they decided to give another try.

This issue was discussed in this forum back in January. See the thread below:
Ashraful in Rainhill Club
Old March 30, 2006, 05:27 PM
First Class Cricketer

ASh is way overrated!
Old March 30, 2006, 06:53 PM

Is He!?
Old March 30, 2006, 07:08 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Shakalaka
ASh is way overrated!
Have you ever seen him play? Not just the highlights... the whole time when he scored more than 10 runs. He almost bats like Lara. Even if he blocks a ball it is great to watch. Do yourself a favour and watch the next time he bats.
Old March 30, 2006, 08:48 PM
Cricket Legend

playing for 5 years still an average of 20......(19.73 to be exact)
I bet Lara would be proud of that.... :P
Old March 30, 2006, 09:30 PM
Test Cricketer

There are twenty other bowlers who has better batting average then the Ash the splash. He is overrrated and immature.

He should play in the English bannana league and drop out of BD cricket.

Edited on, March 31, 2006, 3:37 AM GMT, by LateCut.
Old March 30, 2006, 10:33 PM
Test Cricketer

overrated yes.....but would i ever rule him out of the squad? probably not.
Old March 30, 2006, 11:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Braveheart
Quote:
ASh is way overrated!
Have you ever seen him play? Not just the highlights... the whole time when he scored more than 10 runs. He almost bats like Lara. Even if he blocks a ball it is great to watch. Do yourself a favour and watch the next time he bats.
Bats like LARA!!!! LOL
Old March 31, 2006, 02:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

He is overrated... But even a fervent anti-fan like me acknowledges his knowledge of the ball. On a given day, if Ashraful clicks he can score 94 runs in 54 balls and every run of those will thrilled you, amaze you and would want you to see more. He exceeds his class mates in respect to shots, I turned his anti-fan when his injustice to his own game was hurting the game itself, the fans and ultimately the team.
Old March 31, 2006, 08:30 AM
Club Cricketer

There are a lot of county players who are not fit to carry ash, aftab, bashar's shoes.

just because each county recruits a few overseas stars, as crowd pullers doesn't mean

everyone in the squad is world class. county teams have their stars and even obscure
u-19 australian players, who qualify as locals just because their grandma was english.
i've seen pot bellied, smoking, physically unfit players playing in major county matches.
please give Ash and the others a little bit of respect.
Old March 31, 2006, 09:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Good point Nemo. I think the problem is when a county choose a overseas player, they wanna get the best from outside as there is quota.... so basically Ash is not competing against other english county players but superstar like saqlain, hussay or andy flower.
Old March 31, 2006, 10:09 AM
Club Cricketer

sadi, i totally agree with u. what ticks me off is when some people think our players
are not good enough for the counties, as if the counties were something beyond the ability
of our players. moreover i think this English condition bit is over-rated. yes there is movement
but nothing that a player willing to dig in cannot tackle. our BD, so long suffered from a defeatist
mentality( quite natural being bruised by everyone). with some wins under their belt next time
see them perform.
Old March 31, 2006, 02:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Ashraful should take a lesson from (Sanu) Raina. He is 19yrs old who played a few ODIs and has an average of 45. His first class average is 50. Yet nobody in India is going ga ga about him.

Ashraful is getting under my skin. I just cannot forget his interview after the Cardiff game. Here he had a lifetime experience but had nothing intelligent or coherent to say. Beside being most erratic, he is also the least articulate BD player.

Could we collectively decide to ignore him for a while and stop posting *Ash* threads?
Old March 31, 2006, 02:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Thanks moderator (Carte Blanche) for correcting the spelling.

I thought Sadi and Nemo had a good point to discuss. No matter how lower quality players are also playing county, ashraful should definitely get a good expouser playing in england. Seems like the english pitches suits him better. Hope he can earn some glory for us.
Old March 31, 2006, 04:32 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Braveheart
Quote:
ASh is way overrated!
Funniest thread ever!! Comparing Ash with lara!!!

Dude, favor urself and have breakfast every morning.

ASH is nowhere close to Lara. darn, it should be a felony to include both of these names in same sentence. Ash has talent, i agree. But he is overrated and immatured to say the least. And things that frustrate me is that, whole Bangladesh looks for him to perform well and he just come and play like a High school kid to hit boudary in eveyr ball. he cant control himself, even the century he hit against Srilanka, he was bound to get out atleast 3-4 times before he scored. He is not even a complete matured cricket as of yet. And comparing him to Lara? Dont do that, it makes you look somewhat clueless of international cricket.
Old March 31, 2006, 04:35 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by aosaif
overrated yes.....but would i ever rule him out of the squad? probably not.
yeah! i hear ya. Cos we dont have any good alternative. Look at the India or Pakistan side, they have so many talents lined up to get int to the team. If you dont perform well, you will be out the next series. Players like Asraful play like they have bought out this position in BD team for life. Play one knock in a year with some lucky shots and then go to hibernation for a year.
Old March 31, 2006, 04:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Playing as the Senior Professional in a league side could do wonders for Ashraful.

There's a long list of Australians it was the making of, most notably a fat, unfit blonde nightclub-haunting kid from Victoria.

Ian Whitchurch
Old March 31, 2006, 05:10 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by IanW

There's a long list of Australians it was the making of, most notably a fat, unfit blonde nightclub-haunting kid from Victoria.
lol!
Old April 1, 2006, 03:23 AM
Club Cricketer

warne
Old April 4, 2006, 08:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Well, Ashraful won't be the first international star to play for Rainhill CC, last year they had Luke Swards who is now playing for Tasmania 2nd XI; Rehan Rafiq, who has an extended career with Bahawalpur and WPDA of Pakistan, played for them during 2002-04; in 2001, they had Vinnay Dandekar who played an FC match for Goa.

Link

But I hope Ash will bring a new dimension to the club as a Test player

I am kind a feeling bad for Ash, the poor guy will have to leave BD right after the Australia series as the league starts even before the ODI series begins.

fixture
Old April 4, 2006, 10:00 PM
First Class Cricketer

Bash the Anglos' Ash
Old May 2, 2006, 08:00 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Ashraful : playing for the Rainhill Club

Mohammed Ashraful , one of the most talented batsmen of Bangladesh will be playing the Liverpool League in England. Knowing the fact that playing in English condition wouldn't be easy for him , we expect that he gets back to his form and becomes more professional and consistent after the league.

Source:
http://www.prothom-alo.net/v1/newhtm...ate=2006-05-03