facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 16, 2006, 03:43 AM
First Class Cricketer

Exclamation Ashraful should be dropped...!!

Yeah ...Yeah..! he might be talented and all that but where is thetalnet when u needed it the most...I think he should be giventhe Afradi,Rajin treatment....and Ash came back really good from the last time he was dropped....So I think its time he stops living on his reputation...and face the reality....
He can't bowl even

Last edited by Daddy_Mac; April 16, 2006 at 03:48 AM..

Old April 16, 2006, 03:55 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Umpires

and his [...edited..]out by an aussie seagull.

Last edited by Ahmed_B; April 16, 2006 at 05:48 AM.. Reason: mod.content: Language
Old April 16, 2006, 03:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

Replace Ash with Tushar Imran and JO with Nafees Iqbal.

Ash should be relegated to the A team and if he starts to show some consistancy and maturity bring him back.

And JO just has to go. Its pointless persisting with him.As an opener he has the most pathetic technique and Nafees iqbal is younger and should be given his slot back already.

I still hope Ash can somehow learn to be more consistant and use his head.
Old April 16, 2006, 04:04 AM

I'm willing to give Ashraful one year to bring on some consistency. He continually frustrates everyone with his idiocy. In a first class match, WHY would you need to manufacture shots in the first place?! His dismissal was softer than when my coach made us to catch practice. Pathetic!
Old April 16, 2006, 04:34 AM
ODI Cricketer

ashraful should go to england and play in fourth divison cricket therer... in the mean time we should bring in some of the under 19s if not imran
Old April 16, 2006, 04:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

ashraful got to go. it seems he is out of form. and unlikely to score against anytime if he doesn't get his temperment right.

we don't need him
Old April 16, 2006, 04:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Give him a chance in the ODI's, if he doesn't perform.. bye bye.
Old April 16, 2006, 04:57 AM
ODI Cricketer

odi or not the faggot needs to go...
Old April 16, 2006, 05:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_Mac
Yeah ...Yeah..! he might be talented and all that but where is thetalnet when u needed it the most...I think he should be giventhe Afradi,Rajin treatment....and Ash came back really good from the last time he was dropped....So I think its time he stops living on his reputation...and face the reality....
He can't bowl even
Blasphamous. With JO he is the blue eyed boys of the team. don't worry he would score a century in this year. May be he is saving it for champions trophy
Old April 16, 2006, 05:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Those who want to give Ash a year break, lol please check the schedule. We don't have any more test matches in a year. So your wishes has been satisfied by the higher ups.
Old April 16, 2006, 05:41 AM
Cricket Guru

We have zimbabwe and keny tour. we will not play test matches but if doesn't do well against aussies then selectors should not consider him touring with the team as a talented flop
Old April 16, 2006, 06:05 AM
Street Cricketer

I would want Ashraful and Tushar Imran to be in squad fighting for the same spot. Ashraful is amazingly inconsistent despite his brilliance and in the long term Bangladesh needs a very consistent solution to the number 5 spot because he is not even exposed early like Habibul Bashar and Rajin and he is still failing to convert into a big score. I would not drop him to the A team just yet but i would like to have him sit out a test to see if someone else in the middle order fails for 2 tests in a row to bring Ashraful back in. Unless he becomes more consistent he should not be an automatic selection like Nafees Iqbal, Habibul Bashar & Rajin Saleh. The other 2 middle order spots can have Ashraful, Aftab and Tushar competing and it will be a positive sign for the team as a whole as they would be more careful in their shot selection. I dont mind if the run rate against Australia is under 3 as long as they dont lose 10 wickets inside one day and that's exactly what they are doing. We need to be able to bat for 3 days and not lose test matches. We need to learn how to draw the test match first and then we can think about winning the test match.
Old April 16, 2006, 06:28 AM
ODI Cricketer

not only ash, drop JO and bashar too. He is the worst captain ever.

did u see how slow he was runnning today to get the ball?
Old April 16, 2006, 07:33 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Narail Express

drop Ashra'fool'.. n bring Alok/Rana 1 dat place
drop JO (g0lla) n bring som young talent.. like Nafees
Old April 16, 2006, 07:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

ashraful will not be dropped, i doubt very much that happening. Bangladesh rely on him very much to get scores and it was only a month or 2 ago where he scored a brilliant century against the lankans so he has form behind him and because of a wrong decision in the 2nd innings of the last match, and today he went for 6, his place in the test team is in doubt????
ASHRAFUL 4EVA, he will be back in the second innings!
Old April 16, 2006, 08:10 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

[] Ashrafool shothik shomoye konodin amader ashar fool fotabe na.. o ekta astho gadha... not only he should be dropped from test squad (whenever is the next time we play), if he doesn't peform in the ODIs either he's gotta go! I think we've had enough of false hopes, broken dreams and disappointment from this loser!...no more!! NO MORE!!
Old April 16, 2006, 08:11 AM
First Class Cricketer

Can someone tell me what he was trying to achieve with that "Khocha" outside off stump? When Hayden is waiting for a catch? Any explanation other that these two (by commentattors I believe) would suffice:
a. He was checking whether Hayden was sleeping or not?
b. He was giving a catch practice to Hayden

It was so pathetic to watch in a test match. I seriously doubt if this kid has any cricketing intelligence.......
Old April 16, 2006, 08:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yameen
Bangladesh rely on him very much to get scores and it was only a month
but he doesn't understand that. he is the only batsman in the team who can play everyshots perfectly but some how manages to play the wrong shot. he is one of my favourite batsman. and thats why it hurts so much. every time he comes to the crease, many of us think this is the time, now he will play an innings that every one was waiting for. but he doesn't do that. he just plays the wrong shot in a wrong time
Old April 16, 2006, 10:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yameen
ASHRAFUL 4EVA, he will be back in the second innings!
ohh realy!!!...r u sure???..how much time we hope dis???...n wat we get??...just ZERO..nothin without dat...he is gettin back his form in every match...in every innings...its just bullshit...

the reality is...this man hasnt any knowledge...he is just a Dumb...don hav any manners...4m now..i'll hate him forever...i don wanna see dat my hope is getting rape by ASHRA"FOOL"....
Old April 16, 2006, 10:06 AM
First Class Cricketer

Okay, we have tried our best sheet anchor and the most talented player. Now lets try with some one weaker in those positions and see whether we can make a difference in positive way.
Old April 16, 2006, 10:09 AM
Cricket Legend

I think with players like Nafees, Bashar and Rajin coming of age, Ashraful will feel less burden on his shoulders and perform more consistently., going forward
Old April 16, 2006, 11:31 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sahastra
I think with players like Nafees, Bashar and Rajin coming of age, Ashraful will feel less burden on his shoulders and perform more consistently., going forward
Sure ... but till then (until we get consistent high scores from SN and RS) he should sit and watch the game as the 12th man. We cannot keep rewarding poor performances ... I'm pretty sure Alok or Tushar would atleast score better than 4, 6 etc.
Old April 16, 2006, 11:36 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_Mac
He can't bowl even

Ashraful should not be dropped. he MUST be dropped....i hate this guy....why ppl think he is a genius??
Old April 16, 2006, 11:40 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyguy
Replace Ash with Tushar Imran and JO with Nafees Iqbal.

Ash should be relegated to the A team and if he starts to show some consistancy and maturity bring him back.

And JO just has to go. Its pointless persisting with him.As an opener he has the most pathetic technique and Nafees iqbal is younger and should be given his slot back already.

I still hope Ash can somehow learn to be more consistant and use his head.

Right.........Tushar is the man....he should be in squad ....[...edited....] Ash

Last edited by ssaadi123; April 16, 2006 at 12:25 PM.. Reason: Language
Old April 16, 2006, 12:18 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sahastra
But from what I see.. the effect is quite reverse on him. When some other players like Rajin or Nafees has started to peform highly Ashraful seems to be under a self-created pressure to prove that he is far better than them by trying to dominate the bowling. He seems to be feeling some sort of pressure to over-perform and out-perform the other scorers on the team. That may very well bring terrible times in his career. He really needs to grow out of this complex.