facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 20, 2017, 04:32 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is online now
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 31,350
Default Shots fired: Haturi

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...ingha-autonomy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haturi
"It will take some time. The players need to get used to the way that I think and operate, the different ways of training. If there is a way to fix everything by changing one thing, then the improvement might be quicker - but it's important to have some patience. We might win our next tour, but then again we might have more challenges in future matches. It's imperative that we look at the bigger picture."
After BD series their schedule is like

Asia Cup June 18
3 tests @WI July 18
3 tests @home SA Aug 18
3 tests, 5 ODIs, 1 T20 @home Eng Oct-Nov 18
2 tests, 3 ODIs, 1 T20 @NZ Dec 18
2 tests, 3 ODis @Aus Jan 19
2 tests, 5 ODIs, 3 T20 @SA. Mar 19.

Basically saying, they will beat BD guaranteed.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old December 20, 2017, 05:35 PM
Yankees Yankees is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 10, 2017
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz
Posts: 2,770

much ado about nothing
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old December 20, 2017, 06:19 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Posts: 24,887

** pee-chow**

Gunslingaaaa

And he has Malinga in his team now
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old December 21, 2017, 10:04 AM
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Posts: 20,378

I want a test series win and it is possible.

Now is the time for Mushfiqur, free of all extra duties to let his bat talk and show his tiger-mojo. His father is also freed off the charges. What else does a boy need?

P.S. He is allowed to cry his heart out after making back to back double century, we shall be empathetic when he is emphatic.
__________________
元気

Last edited by One World; December 21, 2017 at 10:45 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old December 21, 2017, 10:14 AM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 18,172

Blank fire. With chacha as head coach, nothing to worry.
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old December 21, 2017, 11:25 AM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 12,494

SLC will turn on Hathuru soon enough.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old December 21, 2017, 11:51 AM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 24,100

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
I want a test series win and it is possible.

Now is the time for Mushfiqur, free of all extra duties to let his bat talk and show his tiger-mojo. His father is also freed off the charges. What else does a boy need?

P.S. He is allowed to cry his heart out after making back to back double century, we shall be empathetic when he is emphatic.
Best average last year with the burden of captaincy. Will be interesting to see how he does now.

Averaged 40+ as the skipper which is not bad at all.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=batting
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old December 22, 2017, 11:04 PM
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Posts: 20,378

Bowl full of jelly beans?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old December 23, 2017, 03:23 AM
Roey Haque's Avatar
Roey Haque Roey Haque is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 26, 2012
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Posts: 4,720

Good. May the best team win. I cannot get 100% behind a team that continually and unabashedly support charlatans such as Musfekur.
__________________
#PrivatizeBCB
#PrivatizeBFF
The end of Rahim will mark a new great beginning for the complacency free Bangladesh!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old December 23, 2017, 03:50 AM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Posts: 14,943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Good. May the best team win. I cannot get 100% behind a team that continually and unabashedly support charlatans such as Musfekur.
hey, he no longer captain sooo....you should still support Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old December 24, 2017, 03:10 AM
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Posts: 7,700

Can Lanka even beat Zimbabwe? Last time they were whipped by Zimbabwe in Lanka

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old December 24, 2017, 09:59 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is online now
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 31,350

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Can Lanka even beat Zimbabwe? Last time they were whipped by Zimbabwe in Lanka

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1...eries-2017-18/
Dec 10, 2017. @ ind.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old December 24, 2017, 10:08 AM
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Posts: 7,700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1...eries-2017-18/
Dec 10, 2017. @ ind.
They lost everything after that.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old December 24, 2017, 10:17 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is online now
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 31,350

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
They lost everything after that.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
How many you think we would win at ind? What did we do against ind in Champions trophy? They beat ind there as well right after losing to Zim at home.

You can't just count them out. They are also in match practice. We are on vacation mode. If they can beat ind at ind surely they can beat us or Zim in BD.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old December 24, 2017, 12:05 PM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 12,494

Hathuru is making a whole lot of changes in matter of weeks -

1) Changing ODI captaincy from Thisara to Chandimal, where Chandimal was not even part of the last ODI team

2) Thirimanne axed, Kusal P back in his place

3) He got further justification for his obsession with wrist spinners as India doing well with them in LOI. So he may discard both of current pair of finger spinners to make place for a leggie and a chinaman (Sandakan).

With this sort of wholesale changes, a team often take time to settle down - which may work in our favour.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old December 24, 2017, 12:12 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Posts: 24,887

^^ good thing he's changing the captain.

Dinesh should be there captain in all formats.

Thirrimanne axing was legit, that guy has lost it.


Good to see restructuring from the Lankans. Hope this turns into something more stable for them
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old December 24, 2017, 01:45 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 24,100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
How many you think we would win at ind? What did we do against ind in Champions trophy? They beat ind there as well right after losing to Zim at home.

You can't just count them out. They are also in match practice. We are on vacation mode. If they can beat ind at ind surely they can beat us or Zim in BD.
You dont think Bangladesh can win fluke mamtches vs India? If we played 20 games vs India every year, we will also win 2 or maybe even 3.
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old December 24, 2017, 02:25 PM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 12,494

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Good to see restructuring from the Lankans. Hope this turns into something more stable for them
IMO, Hathuru's biggest shortcoming is he often gets too caught up in his strategies, not realizing he does not have capable players to implement them and that his strategies needs to change according to the skillset of players he has. Case in point - giving Tanbir debut in NZ, or his prolonged failed trial to make a bowling allrounder out of Hom.

I can see he is making a mess out of Sri lanka team with having total dictatorial power over them, without any sanity check .
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old December 24, 2017, 02:30 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Posts: 24,887

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
IMO, Hathuru's biggest shortcoming is he often gets too caught up in his strategies, not realizing he does not have capable players to implement them and that his strategies needs to change according to the skillset of players he has. Case in point - giving Tanbir debut in NZ, or his prolonged failed trial to make a bowling allrounder out of Hom.

I can see he is making a mess out of Sri lanka team.
We learn from our mistakes. That's an essential human trait.

Do you think he'll follow the same pattern coaching his national team? Not another country's team....but his team.

SL are already a mess...the least he can do is get them out of that mess.

This is coming from someone who would like to see a stronger and more competitive SL side.
Cricket needs competitive teams. Haturi might truly rejuvenate his team.
__________________
“Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
― Jalaluddin Mevlana Rumi - مولوی
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old December 24, 2017, 02:54 PM
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Posts: 20,378

Choosing Soumya/Hom/Liton might be more protocol less by choice.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old December 24, 2017, 08:45 PM
Eclipse Eclipse is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: July 15, 2013
Posts: 1,911

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
You dont think Bangladesh can win fluke mamtches vs India? If we played 20 games vs India every year, we will also win 2 or maybe even 3.
That's not the point. Point is, haturu believes that SL is a far better team than Bangladesh and he's expecting his team to win their next series against Bangladesh quite convincingly.

There is nothing wrong if he believes that Sri Lanka's main challenge will come when they will face other top ranked teams like Aus, Eng or SA later this year but not against a team like Bangladesh.

Isn't he right? Have we done anything extraordinary in the recent past to Warrent anymore respect than this from the opposition coach? If we had achieved even 10% of what SL have achieved in last one year or so, our fans would've declared our team as the no1 team in the world.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old December 24, 2017, 09:10 PM
Eclipse Eclipse is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: July 15, 2013
Posts: 1,911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1...eries-2017-18/
Dec 10, 2017. @ ind.
Excellent T_E bhai excellent. Totally agree with u.

Not only this, as we all know, this Sri Lankan team have already conquered a fortress like UAE which no other teams have managed to do before. If I'm not wrong they have also beaten Australia in Australia in a t20 series, drew a test against a team like India (who r on their way to become one of the greatest test teams of all time) and whitewashed the mighty Australians in test.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old December 24, 2017, 09:20 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Posts: 14,943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Excellent T_E bhai excellent. Totally agree with u.

Not only this, as we all know, this Sri Lankan team have already conquered a fortress like UAE which no other teams have managed to do before. If I'm not wrong they have also beaten Australia in Australia in a t20 series, drew a test against a team like India (who r on their way to become one of the greatest test teams of all time) and whitewashed the mighty Australians in test.
Like i said, this Sri Lankan team is quite dangerous, although inconsistent and lacking senior mature leadership(void left by sanga, mahela, dilshan too much to fill). Angelo matthews can only do so much.

At home, losing more than one game in ODI's or Tests against them should be completely unacceptable for Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old December 24, 2017, 09:40 PM
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Posts: 20,378

^losing one .. if you can whitewash much stronger and better Kiwis in subsequent series should not you think of that wash again now politically and technically much weaker opponent
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old December 24, 2017, 10:26 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Posts: 24,887

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
^losing one .. if you can whitewash much stronger and better Kiwis in subsequent series should not you think of that wash again now politically and technically much weaker opponent
Well, to answer this question, it is more of the sub-continental factor.
__________________
“Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
― Jalaluddin Mevlana Rumi - مولوی
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket