facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 26, 2006, 03:49 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

BDFlag Utpal Shuvro on Ashraful's exclusion

2nd Article in today's Prothom Alo's sports page

IMAGE version for non-IE users:
Old April 26, 2006, 04:18 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Utpal is carrying the emotion of Bangladeshi fans and also the hard truth. A very good one from him. Hope team management will read this article before selecting team for the final ODI.
Old April 26, 2006, 04:25 PM
First Class Cricketer

Aftab was down with sinus. There was no management hand behind his exclusion. Ashraful was excluded because of his poor form. He didn't perform in any of the 2 test matches. Even then he was given another chance in the 1st ODI and he performed pathetically - 5 from 23!! He should be excuded in the last ODI as well. Please forget about Ash for this series. Talk about what BD can do with the rest of the team which has tremendous potential in beating Aussies in the last one. Aftab needs to get well soon.
Old April 26, 2006, 04:37 PM
ODI Cricketer

Initially I was for resting Ashraf00l; but like Utpal Shuvro and thousands of fans I agree that it was a stupid decision not to include him when Aftab got sick. The only logic behind not including Ash I see is that it could have put more pressure on him with no Aftab in the team. Anyway, let's see what new "khela" our selectors display in next match.
Old April 26, 2006, 04:48 PM
First Class Cricketer

Utpap sound like Kolkata journalist who wants Ganguli in Indian team. Ash is doing extremely bad, we don’t need gambler in the team. Resting Ash was the best move the team management has done. I just don’t understand all this Ash fans. Do you guys gamble for living or what ?
Old April 26, 2006, 05:13 PM
ODI Cricketer

bop, give us a break.
Old April 26, 2006, 05:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

even frm the time members were talking abt dropping ashraful here i was dead against it .... wen i saw the team for the second ODi without aftab nd knowing tht ashraful was dropped , it made me feel more angry... but then i found out tht aftab was out due to illness ... ok tht we cant do nething abt ...... but then they still played without ashraful .... ei utpal bhai jeishob kotha bolche eishob kotha i hv been repeating for the last few days every time .... this guy talked exactly what i feeel abt this topic.... stil there were fans who were for dropping ashraful ..... nd probably still there is even now .... but as i said earlier our judgements r all abt perspective .... depends on our knowldge of cricket nd how well we understand the game .... i had predicted a score of less than 200 for BD in second ODI nd ht happend .... i m not saying i knw everything nd no else doesnt ..... but whatever i said has been backed up so far by the turn of events which must mean tht i m either very lucky at guessing or my words must hv sm solid logic to it ....if the stupid selectors dont see the logic .... plz give me ur number i will call u frm here nd explain the whole thing to u ....its like a funny audio clip i heard .... an agitated lady calls up Aktel customer service nd among a lot of other things she started off the conversation by saying " tora ki ganja khawar jonno eikhane boshsosh"..... right now i feel like asking this to the selectors.....with all due repsect to them ....
Old April 26, 2006, 07:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Tushar should be dropped in favor of Ashraful. Atleast Ash has the talent which Tushar doesnt although botha re not scoring runs.
Old April 26, 2006, 08:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Sorry to say but i think dropping him was good for him. Cause he was strugling. In the test or against kenya he looked confident but still got out but the face he had in the 1st odi clear shows that he has started losing it. So please those who r still screaming for droping him go and watch the 1st odi and see his face u will also feel for him and managment wanted to preserve him not distroy him by still make him play.. today he looked a lot fresh when he was fielding but still wasn't making any noise like he normally does.. anyway i think it was a great move and that's why dav decided not to play him even though aftab was not there because ash looked lost just like he was before the 1st break.. so please people try to understand and keep u r imotion in check... and pray so that he can come back with a bang...(today i saw the same look on tusher.. I guess these guys r finding the int very very tuff as people started demanding performance after one/two win where in fact they can't all the time)
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old April 26, 2006, 09:20 PM
Cricket Legend

I was one who supported dropping ash after the first match. But whn I saw Aftab not playing then I was the one who was in favor of ash. come on u can not play without two of your most likely matchwinners. BD is not a team with 11 matchwinners. I disagree with the selectors before the match and after the match. U might/might not win the match with ash playing but there was no chance after the selection. I agree with US partially tht Ash should have been persisted after Aftab's problem detected.
Old April 26, 2006, 09:26 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Umpires

gadhar bachcha..wants to use sentiment to support a fool that performs once a year.
Old April 26, 2006, 09:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Without Ash-Aftab, any chance we had of winning was out the window when the chase began. That is the truth. Its not to say that we would have won with those two in. But, we don't give ourselves a chance of a victory without those two in the one day team.
Old April 26, 2006, 09:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash, Nasir

RAJIn and Tushar should sit out. ash and aftab should be brought back for last odi. what's wrong with Rajin???????? ekto proshongsha korle matha kharap hoye jai shobar..
bd team should be for 3rd odi...

nafees
Jo
Aftab
ash
bash
Alok
Masud
Rafiq
Mash
rajjak
Shahadat\

12th: RAJIN
Old April 26, 2006, 09:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

I am 100% for excluding ASH.....he should retire now!
Old April 26, 2006, 10:00 PM
Cricket Legend

সাধারনত আমি উৎপল শুভ্রএর লেখা বেশ আগ্রহ নিয়ে পড়ি এবং তার মতামত প্রায়ই আমার সাথে মিলে যায়। কিন্তু এই লেখাটা খুবই সস্তা এবং মূল্যহীন আবেগে ভরা। আশা করি উৎপলের সুমতি ফিরে আসবে শীঘ্রই।
Old April 26, 2006, 11:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib, Tamim, Tendulkar

What A Bad Post...utpol Shuvro Lost His Touch....he Should Stop Writing...prothom Alo Should Hire Babu Bhai Or Souron Bhi .
Old April 27, 2006, 12:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahriyar
even frm the time members were talking abt dropping ashraful here i was dead against it .... wen i saw the team for the second ODi without aftab nd knowing tht ashraful was dropped , it made me feel more angry... but then i found out tht aftab was out due to illness ... ok tht we cant do nething abt ...... but then they still played without ashraful .... ei utpal bhai jeishob kotha bolche eishob kotha i hv been repeating for the last few days every time .... this guy talked exactly what i feeel abt this topic.... stil there were fans who were for dropping ashraful ..... nd probably still there is even now .... but as i said earlier our judgements r all abt perspective .... depends on our knowldge of cricket nd how well we understand the game .... i had predicted a score of less than 200 for BD in second ODI nd ht happend .... i m not saying i knw everything nd no else doesnt ..... but whatever i said has been backed up so far by the turn of events which must mean tht i m either very lucky at guessing or my words must hv sm solid logic to it ....if the stupid selectors dont see the logic .... plz give me ur number i will call u frm here nd explain the whole thing to u ....its like a funny audio clip i heard .... an agitated lady calls up Aktel customer service nd among a lot of other things she started off the conversation by saying " tora ki ganja khawar jonno eikhane boshsosh"..... right now i feel like asking this to the selectors.....with all due repsect to them ....
Shahriyar,i know its your style,but could you please use standard english,i really stopped reading your messages for your english,it takes quite some pain and i really believe your posts are good,if you can take the pain to post such long messages,why not post them in a normal form?
Old April 27, 2006, 12:40 AM
Cricket Legend

A drop always pump him up
Old April 27, 2006, 04:32 AM

I have been telling this from the beginning, why we have to PUNISH Ash in the middle of a BIG series? what different could it make even if he fails both ODI's? Now we experienced how other also fail in any given day, but in a hard way with no hope in the middle of the batting innings. Pure mistake as I can say.
Old April 27, 2006, 05:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

his examples were good but how many matches that we have lost while ashraful and aftab were in the team. if we can't win without them then what are the rest of our batsmen doing? we need a solid start, big score from any of the top 4 and help from the rest to win any match.
Old April 27, 2006, 07:38 AM
Cricket Legend

The message of the article was if selectors could postponed the decision of 'resting Ashraful' for one match by including him in second odi since it was know that aftab was sick. I think he is quite right. Regarding imotion, who else knows better than US how to touch BD fan's heart.
Old April 27, 2006, 04:48 PM
Cricket Legend

yea kind of dissapointed after reading Shubro's article. usually my opinion use to match his but not this time.

According to him, we should keep Asharaful in the team for the rest of his life 'just in case' he plays a match winning innings.......funny...
________
VIDEO REVIEWS

Last edited by ialbd; February 19, 2011 at 11:48 PM..
Old April 27, 2006, 05:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
According to him, we should keep Asharaful in the team for the rest of his life 'just in case' he plays a match winning innings.......funny...
What a point. How about create "Tiger Card". Those who have membership will never be dropped. Ash being the first one to have a membership. That would satisfy our distinguished writers and fans.
Old April 27, 2006, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats_eye
What a point. How about create "Tiger Card". Those who have membership will never be dropped. Ash being the first one to have a membership. That would satisfy our distinguished writers and fans.
Rafique gets it by default
Old April 27, 2006, 06:08 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Moyna

the point Utpal is trying to make that we don't have any alternative. Unless dropping is a credible treat, it can't produce any desired result. Importance of Ash is more felt when he is in the bench than in the field.