facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 6, 2015, 07:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Default Daily Mail [article] - British Bengalis showing off

Quote:
Teenagers in one of Britain’s poorest boroughs are hiring expensive supercars to help celebrate the end of their school days.

Lamborghinis, Ferraris and Bentleys are being rented by 16-year-olds in Tower Hamlets, East London, for their National Record of Achievement (NRA) ceremony, a prom-like event that marks the end of compulsory schooling.

Many of the cars would cost more to buy than homes in the area.

Having fun: Rezaul Alom, 16, points at the camera as he drives past with Mahir Magnet Choudhury (L), and Nazmul Islam (2nd R) in the Bentley they hired

Quote:
These Lamborghinis, Ferraris and even Bentleys on the gritty streets of East London were rented by 16-year-olds to celebrate leaving school, and they proudly admit it's all about 'showing off' and getting time in the 'spotlight'.

The vehicles can cost up to £300,000 to buy, yet one bedroom flats in some parts of the borough are worth as little as £70,000.

The group wanted to head to their National Record of Achievement (NRA) ceremony in style, and found this spectacular to attend their prom-like celebration.

'It's showing off, basically. Playing music, going from area to area to area,' said Foyzur Rahman, a pupil at Swanlea School, who attended the ceremony this year and split a £400 fee with a friend to rent an Audi S4 for four days.

'Showing off your car, just everyone looking at you. It's like your spotlight,' Rahman said.

Tough upbringing: Reyaz Rahman, 16, poses in Tower Hamlets, in front of homes that are worth less than some of the cars on show

Larking about: Tahmina Ahmed, 16, poses in front of a Rolls Royce hired by friends for a parade of 'supercars' to celebrate leaving school

----------

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hool-prom.html

[more pics in the link]
Old August 6, 2015, 07:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Nothing too serious but found it interesting. kids be kids and showing off. Btw, Nadim re mone hoy dekhlam ek pic e
Old August 6, 2015, 07:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Nothing too serious but found it interesting. kids be kids and showing off. Btw, Nadim re mone hoy dekhlam ek pic e
Nadim must be pointing his finger at you and laughing

Series: Pak, Ind, SA ..... (Won All ODI Series) Updated: 02 Aug 2015
Old August 6, 2015, 08:44 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Vara kora gari nyao show off kora jai naki? Tao probably baap er poishai.
Old August 6, 2015, 08:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

I could have sworn I seen this article on this site before, searched and i got the educational article one with super car pic.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=45576

What are you searching for Mufi? Nadim on Lamborghini?

I don't think there is anything wrong with this, it's similar to renting limousine for prom. The thing is with limousine you can have multiple ppl chip in and they are very inexpensive compared to renting out super cars....

I think Londoni kids know how to celebrate.

There is no need to mention some of these cars cost more than the houses over there, maybe they are renting those too...

Too many haters out there.
Old August 6, 2015, 08:53 PM
Cricket Legend

I have actually done this recently. But instead of renting the car, I rented the girl. I am smart like that yo.

Money well spent...
Old August 7, 2015, 02:13 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad, Lao Tz

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
tamim k kot korla j'eh
Old August 7, 2015, 07:02 AM
Club Cricketer

Meh....non story...

people rock up to high school proms in rented limos.

Just kids having fun, I'd rather they did this than plan how to to the next subway bombing.
Old August 7, 2015, 07:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tyrion, Varyse, P.Baelish

It would be nice if they would donate the money required for renting those cars to the poor people in bangladesh.
Old August 7, 2015, 07:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
It would be nice if they would donate the money required for renting those cars to the poor people in bangladesh.
Did you read the article? It was in English btw not in bangla - i bet you would probably have attempted to read it if it was in Bangla...

Part of the article emphasized that these kids are from a poor neightborhood with struggling parents and a 10% unemployement. Despite that these kids are renting out super cars that should cause financial burden for such family...

I liked the picutures, some part of the article, didn't like the aspect of the article trying to magnify the poverty part.

These are 16 year old TEENAGE KIDS....Going to the prom where they are supposed to present themselves as best way as possible. What just because they live in poor neighborhood they gonna walk to the prom with lungi on? It's a nice escape from reality i think.

Article mentioned some of these kids worked/saved their way for a long time for this day. This is a positive thing I feel. This is the first lesson of life prior to going to full adult hood... Women are f***** expensive. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

Your whole life does not have to revolve around helping the poor and needy in your home country sacrificing what life has to offer. Stop making silly comments... Similar silly comments used to be said in this forum about our cricketers when they talk about spending good amount of money in good restaurants.. that there are ppl going hungry.... well why don't you give up you internet connection and feed some of those hungry kids.
Old August 7, 2015, 08:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tyrion, Varyse, P.Baelish

Quote:
Did you read the article? It was in English btw not in bangla - i bet you would probably have attempted to read it if it was in Bangla...

Part of the article emphasized that these kids are from a poor neightborhood with struggling parents and a 10% unemployement. Despite that these kids are renting out super cars that should cause financial burden for such family...

I liked the picutures, some part of the article, didn't like the aspect of the article trying to magnify the poverty part

These are 16 year old TEENAGE KIDS....Going to the prom where they are supposed to present themselves as best way as possible. What just because they live in poor neighborhood they gonna walk to the prom with lungi on? It's a nice escape from reality i think.

Article mentioned some of these kids worked/saved their way for a long time for this day. This is a positive thing I feel. This is the first lesson of life prior to going to full adult hood... Women are f***** expensive. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

Your whole life does not have to revolve around helping the poor and needy in your home country sacrificing what life has to offer. Stop making silly comments... Similar silly comments used to be said in this forum about our cricketers when they talk about spending good amount of money in good restaurants.. that there are ppl going hungry.... well why don't you give up you internet connection and feed some of those hungry kids.

Take it easy bro. To be honest, I didn't read the article. I based my judgement on the the pictures that I saw. How disrespectful of me. My comments were arrogant. The thread thread's title misled me. I understand that this is reality and appreciate the struggles of some of the kids. It's a once in a lifetime event for them; let them enjoy.

So I am now going to make use of the resource and read the article.

Women are always expensive, that I can agree with...But they look stunning tho....

It was a good read and I kinda got the gist that the author had his/her own agenda. Started the article with "Many of the cars would cost more to buy than homes in the area."

"Offense is taken, not given"

Last edited by aklemalp; August 7, 2015 at 09:00 AM..
Old August 7, 2015, 10:09 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
nare bhai, eto taka nai amar . Top of that, I don't live in East London. In fact, last time I went in East was nearly 3/4 years ago...
Old August 9, 2015, 03:19 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Vara kora gari nyao show off kora jai naki? Tao probably baap er poishai.
Baap er poishay na. Govt. er benefit er poishay. Council bari pay, jobseekers allowance pay , etc.

If I wanted, I could have showed off like them everyday. But, I or you don't , because we have more sense than this lot. Btw, Metric pash korso, eto dhong dekhanor ki hoilo ? It is the basic minimum anyone is expected to do. Universitytey 1st class paiya tarpor dhong dekhaileyo vujtam.
Old August 10, 2015, 07:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
I could have sworn I seen this article on this site before, searched and i got the educational article one with super car pic.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=45576

What are you searching for Mufi? Nadim on Lamborghini?

I don't think there is anything wrong with this, it's similar to renting limousine for prom. The thing is with limousine you can have multiple ppl chip in and they are very inexpensive compared to renting out super cars....

I think Londoni kids know how to celebrate.

There is no need to mention some of these cars cost more than the houses over there, maybe they are renting those too...

These photos were published 2 years ago (The guardian)
Old August 10, 2015, 08:41 AM
Cricket Legend

First of all, Dailymail is an evil tabloid to cause negative impressions especially against Muslims and British minorities.

This is a classic example. DM wants the reader to judge: poor families living off benefit and expensive cars.

Ok the kids just wanted to have a fun and went OTT over the cars. But it is better compared to the kids who are binge drinking off in some Spanish Island.
Old August 12, 2015, 07:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

young bloods just havin some fun. could be worse.
Old August 13, 2015, 01:22 AM

Nothing new for the kids in the block wanting to have some fun! Hip hop and R&B I grew up listening to was all about aspiring for the bitches and the bling. It's not new for kids to have dreams, even when you're growing up in the 'hood.