facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 9, 2015, 01:47 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Jigailam apple watch kemon kintu pailam onek magna upodesh.

Naah diamond neckless for a birthday sounds overkill. I got a rooftop restaurant booked. My wife is a nerd like me... Apple er shobi asey watchta chara.
Old August 9, 2015, 01:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I got a rooftop restaurant booked. .
Dude you could feed 100 hungry people in Bangladesh instead of going to a rooftop restaurant... Shame on you! :p

Very romantic bro, I should learn few things from you... I try to avoid rooftop - kokhon ke dhakka maira falai dei thik nai..
Old August 9, 2015, 04:30 AM

My iPhone 5S plan is coming to an end soon, and I don't want to move out of iOS. The wife has a Note 4 and I like having both a high powered android and an iphone in the house. So I've decided to go prepaid and stick to my 5S till the iPhone 7 is launched in 2016.

Dekhi koy din dhorjo dhore rakhte pari!
Old August 9, 2015, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
My iPhone 5S plan is coming to an end soon, and I don't want to move out of iOS. The wife has a Note 4 and I like having both a high powered android and an iphone in the house. So I've decided to go prepaid and stick to my 5S till the iPhone 7 is launched in 2016.

Dekhi koy din dhorjo dhore rakhte pari!
That would be september 2016. Apple usually unveils its product in september and this year it should be 6S coming out.
Old August 9, 2015, 08:59 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Motorola Moto G 2nd Gen. This phone is as sturdy as a Nokia brick, have dropped it twice from my table while studying (into timber floor), once from my pocket while getting into my car into concrete and once from a treadmill while running.

Result- just a couple of (barely noticeable) scratches and a small dent. I am overall very impressed with this device (although the 1GB RAM is annoying) but it comes at only a $175 price tag.

I am overall very impressed with Motorola. I am probably going to upgrade later this year to the rumoured new Nexus 5 (2nd Gen) most likely by Huawei or the Motorola Moto X Play.

I would recommend the Moto G (3rd Gen- don't get the 2nd Gen anymore) to any one who wants a good phone for $200. It's now waterproof and has better cameras. But make sure you get the varient with 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal memory, it only costs an additional $40, something I regret not doing.
Old August 10, 2015, 12:11 AM

Quote:
That would be september 2016. Apple usually unveils its product in september and this year it should be 6S coming out.
Correct. I just don't see the improvements in an iPhone 6S on ios9 to justify a $1100 price tag now. Tbh, as long as Gmail, Chrome and Google Maps & TuneIn radio works in iOS, I really don't have any use for the other bells and whistles on a daily basis from a phone. I like being able to jailbreak and use certain apps when I need them.
Old August 10, 2015, 03:28 AM

I think iPhone 6 and 6+ was worth getting purely from a design point of view. My wife still uses the iPhone 5s and it doesnt look nearly as beautiful as the iPhone 6. But i doubt we will see a design shift in 6s or iPhone 7. Probably these would add features like force touch and other innovations while the look remains the same.
Right now i am happy staying out of iOS with HTC M8.
Old August 10, 2015, 04:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Any reviews on apple watch? Bou er birthday coming up
One of my wife's cousin has one. He is an extreme Apple aficionado and says its a decent product.

I played around with the watch, but personally I feel its geared to the younger generation/geeks as its a gadget, with a few apps (like heart monitor). One other thing to consider is that you have to charge it regularly.

If it were upto me, I would get my wife a proper watch or something else.
Old August 10, 2015, 12:55 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I have been using the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge for the last month now. I love using this phone. Wasn't aware of the split screen and multi window option before. And things are much snappier than my last experience with android. The camera is great as well and slightly better than iphone 6, at least from my experience. Ooh battery life is great as well. I hate when those geeks moan about separate battery. Overall, I am happy that I made the switch from iphone 6 to this.
Old August 10, 2015, 08:57 PM

Kinei fellam goto kalkey. Dekhte fatafati. Hopefully she will like it more than the tech reviewers. Naa hoile nai...there is always next year.
Old August 10, 2015, 10:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

^I bought one for myself and one for my cousin only because somehow it qualifies as a health gadget and my company subsidizes 75% of the cost. I haven't used it yet but my cousin says he likes it because he gets a lot of attention when he uses it as a phone. He's not a teenager but in his mid 40's
Old August 10, 2015, 11:00 PM

No i dont think using it as a phone is a good idea. I think it would look idiotic rather than cool
Old August 10, 2015, 11:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
^I bought one for myself and one for my cousin only because somehow it qualifies as a health gadget and my company subsidizes 75% of the cost. I haven't used it yet but my cousin says he likes it because he gets a lot of attention when he uses it as a phone. He's not a teenager but in his mid 40's
Oh wow that's a great company, what kinda work do you do? that's awesome, i am sure there are some limitation to it...

but his age makes sense.. apple watch is actually for that age group... begin to become health conscious so find these type of gadgets cool. Also these ppl have the money to waste on useless product like that....

For younger people teen and 20s, watch is not that cool really and they don't care about their HR montoring..

Jadukor, I will tell you a secret if you don't know it already. HOw you gonna know if she likes it or not? She is not gonna say oh you gave me a s*** gift... what kinda dojjal girl would that be? THis is the realilty - working woman (i think u said somewhere in the past she works so u guys always eating out) really don't care about material things for gifts... if she wants an apple watch she can go buy it herself, she doesn't need u to get it for her... u give these kinda gifts to a teenager with no jobs...

Gift has to be thoughtful, has to tell a story, has to show an effort was made....

apple watch is not a gift for a working wife man - it's an insult.
Old August 11, 2015, 12:08 AM

@idumb: ektu ektu insult kora valo idumb... bou control e thakey lol. Dinner at this place should suffice
Old August 11, 2015, 02:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Nice man nice. Kintu ei spot e Lamborghini niya jaite hobe, naile hobe na...

apple watch na kinna , lambo bhara koren bhai, u will be classy...

Nothing says you've turned 40 more than an apple watch on your birthday..

u take a lambo spin, u feel like u 16 , u feel me bro?
Old August 11, 2015, 02:40 AM
Street Cricketer

i am useing Samsung Galaxy duos Young.. its my brother phone
Old August 11, 2015, 03:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by মো:ইব্রাহিম
i am useing Samsung Galaxy duos Young.. its my brother phone
Hi Ibrahim bhai. Welcome to the forum. I didn't know one could open their account under a Bangla nickname.

BTW, I used that phone some time ago as well. Wasn't happy with the performance at all. Now I use ASUS Zen 2. I love it. Also, have a Xiaomi power bank for recharging the phone on the go.
Old August 11, 2015, 03:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
I didn't know one could open their account under a Bangla nickname.

I think logging in frequently would be hard. It looks cool after you open it but is it not an inconvenience ? is the pass word in bangla too?
Old August 11, 2015, 03:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
I think logging in frequently would be hard. It looks cool after you open it but is it not an inconvenience ? is the pass word in bangla too?
Well, if the password is in Bangla, then at least it will be highly secured. Not many hacker looks for a Bangla password.
Old August 11, 2015, 04:05 AM

Who wants to hack bc password... Has to be the world's most jobless hacker
Old August 11, 2015, 05:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Who wants to hack bc password... Has to be the world's most jobless hacker
Just ask Tigers_eye bhai. You will be surprised.
Old August 11, 2015, 07:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
No i dont think using it as a phone is a good idea. I think it would look idiotic rather than cool
Tell me about it! The mic isn't as powerful as the phone either. I've noticed people on the receiving end complain about the sound quality unless you're talking in a relatively quite place. Another thing that requires getting used to is the screen disappearing every time you're done using any app. I understand the idea is to conserve battery power but unlike typical wristwatches you have to tap the screen to turn it on. At some point they need to upgrade the technology to do away with its dependence on the iPhone, that's when it'll catch up in popularity with other apple products. Since I bought it I want to give it a try as a fitbit. I'm not much into social media, apps that I see myself using are weather, sports score, calculator, markets, finding nearby restaurants or gas stations, etc.

@iDumb - limit is 2.
Old August 13, 2015, 08:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: rahul dravid

now I'm useing yu yuphoria