facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 9, 2014, 01:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Just ordered an unlocked iPhone 6 to arrive in a week.... Take that all sagar....
from apple website? man amaro onek kinar iccha but taka nai. dekhi blackfriday te jodi kichu bhalo deal pai
Old October 9, 2014, 08:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
from apple website? man amaro onek kinar iccha but taka nai. dekhi blackfriday te jodi kichu bhalo deal pai
yeah from apple website. I don't know why all those long line for in store and they being sold out...lol...

ordere oct 7th, they gave some ridiculous estimate about how late it will come
Processed and shipped from china on oct 8th
currently in arkansas... sitting...

so it's all upto ups to deliver on time..... shouldn't take more than a day to be here from arkansas but they estimating for 14th which is too bad cuz I i will be out from sat.....

would have been awesome if got it tomorrow, originally ordered thinking it's gonna come in november or something...

anyways black friday te wait koira luv nai, no sale on apple... but al sagar bhai er shathe contact koro, unar onek shundor shundo phone ache, u may get one from him for cheap.
Old October 19, 2014, 05:25 PM
Street Cricketer

start using a Nokia 5230 recently. it's good.
Old October 25, 2014, 07:36 PM
Cricket Legend

iphone 6 exchanged for iPhone 6 plus... It's a great phone .
Old October 25, 2014, 09:39 PM
Test Cricketer

6+ is not a phone, it's a friggin desktop
Old October 25, 2014, 09:40 PM

Was about to get into the market for a new phone for the missus. Then I did a firmware reinstall to factory conditions and her 2 year old Note II is working good as new. Now I'm feeling conflicted. A new Note 4 or iPhone 6 Plus would've been nice, but its not worth the $850+ for the handset.
Old October 25, 2014, 09:47 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Budget mubile thanks to Obama'care. It's for low income people and we get free used phone. Yipee. *pats back*
Old October 25, 2014, 11:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Was about to get into the market for a new phone for the missus. Then I did a firmware reinstall to factory conditions and her 2 year old Note II is working good as new. Now I'm feeling conflicted. A new Note 4 or iPhone 6 Plus would've been nice, but its not worth the $850+ for the handset.
thats what happens when you are tech saavy and know too much...

I think you can't go wrong with either of those two phones.... galaxy phones all their latest models are really good looking and well functioning.

but you are right... that's a lot of money for a phone but as someone else mentioned, you are buying a computer not a phone however still it can be cheaper.....

all these things get bundled into 2 year long monthly payment and ppl don't realize how much they dishing out... they look all affordable the way they advertise it...

there are actually very nice phones out there that are much cheaper...

it all comes down to brand at the end i guess... advertising..what they make u think u need.. you dont need any of these.... a simple 30 dollars phone unlocked these days can do everything iphone can really...there are used iphone one can buy for cheap...
Old October 26, 2014, 02:02 AM

Precisely Orphy, when the most high end phone from 2 years ago works flawlessly still, it doesn't make sense to even buy a cheap $30 phone yet.

Seriously we only use our phones for emails, maintaining a calendar, viewing PDFs at the most, streaming YouTube and music, surfing the web, chatting on viber Facebook and whatsapp. And maybe taking selfies and random snaps.

We're not pixel peeping the photos or making movies. What our phones could do 3 years ago, that's what we're still using them for. Unless our old phones start going laggy or some revolutionary new phone usage habits become mainstream, the newest top end phones are totally superfluous for mundane working office drones.
Old October 26, 2014, 02:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Couldn't agree more with you... I bought the google nexus 3 years ago...which had NFC, google wallet and was able to pay at wallgreen with my phone. Now iphone just released apple pay...

THese delay are on purpose, every 2 years, improve a bit of camera pixel, add a little bit of this little bit of that (technology of which already there), make one year rounded edges other year square edges and make billions...

I actually think iphone 5s looks better than the current models....

I never cared much for any of these latest gadgets this or that, never even thought the necessity of cell phone in either when all the friends were getting it... but now they are getting to me slowly... caving in.
Old November 6, 2014, 07:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Just got the BB Q10 after handset prices fell. So far its been an amazing and to some extent liberating experience after using an Iphone for the past few years.
Old November 6, 2014, 07:15 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

HTC M8 is fantastic. Never ever switching to iphones.
Old November 6, 2014, 07:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

I will never respect any man with an iPhone.

Right now I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace 3, which cost me £75 (~ $110 + tax).

It does all I want it do that a $500 smartphone does, just a little slower and less resolution.

I had to buy a sim free phone, as my contract doesnt expire until the end of the year, where I might consider upgrading either to a windows phone or just stay with a android based phone.
Old November 6, 2014, 10:58 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Excellent phone. Very well built and long battery life.
Old November 6, 2014, 11:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi

It does all I want it do that a $500 smartphone does, just a little slower and less resolution.

I had to buy a sim free phone, as my contract doesnt expire until the end of the year, where I might consider upgrading either to a windows phone or just stay with a android based phone.
And I am glad that you are happy with your phone. Were I younger, less busy, and had more time to play around with/configure/customize a phone, I would have owned one running android. But I'm not -- I need something that just works off the bat and isn't too large, and for me that turns out to be an iPhone 5S.
Old November 6, 2014, 01:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

you are just a hater. Listen Reebok sneakers can do the same thing as a Nike sneaker but i want Jordan and i will pay 200 dollars extra for it because its cooler... prius can take me across town much cheaper than a BMW can but i want BMW because its sexier... you get my drift?

anyone that uses a 75 dollars cheap phone doesnt have respect for themselves...

And shaad bhai u dont have to explain, we already know you are an apple fan boy... just by reading 1 post from u its clear :p
Old November 6, 2014, 01:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
And shaad bhai u dont have to explain, we already know you are an apple fan boy... just by reading 1 post from u its clear :p
Orphy knows me well...
Old November 6, 2014, 03:59 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

what's wrong with budget mobile for low income family? unlimited text and unlimited calls... inbox me if you want to get set up wtih one
Old November 6, 2014, 04:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
what's wrong with budget mobile for low income family? unlimited text and unlimited calls...
nothing wrong with it but Nafi do not fall into that category, he is a hater and that is what's wrong. Big balls to say he has "no respect for a man with iPhone" when he is using korean cheap plastic phone...

not that anybody cares who he respects when he carries a phone like the one he mentioned.... bascially he is saying he like fake copy cats... not originality.
Old November 6, 2014, 04:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Nafi this song is for you:

iphone 4S now cost 200 bucks or less unlocked
Old November 6, 2014, 07:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

I use Nexus 5. Best Android I have used so far. Definitely faster and I don't have to deal with annoying add-ons.
Old November 7, 2014, 05:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
The 3d pic camera on the HTC M8 is fantastic! My wife has the mini and she is happy with the HTC M8 mini.
Old November 12, 2014, 05:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Showing someone no respect based on any phone is a bit impractical.

I bought an iphone 4 when it became reasonably priced. I liked it because of its premium build quality.
Now I use a BBQ10 because I have had it with touch screen phones.

At the end of the day it is upto the customer what they want out of a phone.
Old November 12, 2014, 06:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
DUde why do you buy cheap electronics all the time bro?
because I am a poor guy
Old November 16, 2014, 10:39 PM

So the Note II decided to die last week. Got the wife a new black Note 4. She was using an old iPhone inbetween, and after being on Note 2 for 2 years, found iOS to be thoroughly boring. She rejected the iPhone 6 Plus.

First impressions on Note 4:

Better feel and presence in the hand than Note 2 (that was fat). And feels more sleek and premium than the Note 3, could be because of the curved back. It feels good to hold.

One handed use is easier than on Note 2. Two handed use is extremely comfortable - as good as my own iPhone 5s

Touchwiz seems to be cleaned up a bit, not as messy as it was before. The phone itself is very quick and responsive despite Samsung bloat. I'm looking forward to Lollipop!

Camera - Amazing for a phone. Both in terms of image quality, as well as having image stabilisation. Low light shots are good enough, unlike what most reviewers say. Makes point and shoots redundant in this day and age. Front camera has a wide aperture so its very bright as well for skyping (and selfies).

Contract pricing: $2 more than an iPhone 6 16GB per month

Google Now Text-to-Speech is very good. As good as Siri for writing texts and interacting when driving with hands free.

Thankfully had 15 days remaining before warranty on the Note 2 goes out. Sending it to Sammy for replacement. I'll root and prolly 3rd party upgrade to the Note 4 firmware. That'll be my next android experimenting phone. Gonna play around with CyanogenMod as well when it comes back.

P.S: Screen Quality of the Note 4: AMAZING!! By far the only reason that hands down eliminated One Plus One and Xiaomi Note 4g from my consideration! Samsung makes incredibly vibrant SuperAMOLED screens, and the Note 4 screen resolution is 2560x1440 pixels! Everything on this display has superb definition. Watching Highlights of Mominul's batting on this thing yesterday from Youtube was sheer joy. This last line in itself qualifies this phone as the best thing out there right now! 720p video upscaled 4 times, is child's play for the device and the screen makes it look amazing!