facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #301  
Old April 18, 2011, 07:30 AM
Zunaid Zunaid is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: January 22, 2004
Posts: 21,739

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Dr. Z Alert - beware of the fake cloud.
No worries, mate. I own the part of the cloud I am connecting to.
Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old April 18, 2011, 07:33 AM
Zunaid Zunaid is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: January 22, 2004
Posts: 21,739

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona
I'm thinking of getting a Samsung Galaxy S i9000 or whatever.. does anybody know if it's any good?
I have heard strange rumors about the Samsung Galaxy Whatever model.


Not sure of the i9000.

Try here.
Reply With Quote
  #303  
Old April 18, 2011, 08:41 AM
cluster11 cluster11 is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 2, 2002
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Favorite Player: Sakib
Posts: 418

I have a Samsung Galaxy S and so far its pretty good. I noticed even though the specs are not as good as the Droid X (processing power, battery life, audio capture) the UI, camera and the visual are better.
__________________
There is no darkside of the moon really ..
Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old May 16, 2011, 01:46 AM
Alien's Avatar
Alien Alien is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 19, 2006
Location: Vladivostok
Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan
Posts: 2,939
Default Mobile phone Thread

Out of curiosity, what phone are you guys using?

I recently dumped my Iphone 3G for Galaxy S (GT-I900). Top phone, only issue I have with it is that awful GPS and headphones. Anyone knows any remedy for those?
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old May 16, 2011, 04:48 AM
Rabz's Avatar
Rabz Rabz is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative
 
Join Date: February 28, 2005
Location: Here
Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket
Posts: 20,481

Iphone 4.
I'm happy with it.
__________________
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old May 16, 2011, 05:03 AM
Zunaid Zunaid is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: January 22, 2004
Posts: 21,739

Ditto

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old May 16, 2011, 05:28 AM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,479

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Iphone 4.
I'm happy with it.
Does it work ok in Bangladesh? How is the internet like on iphone in Bangladesh?
__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old May 16, 2011, 05:50 AM
Alien's Avatar
Alien Alien is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 19, 2006
Location: Vladivostok
Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan
Posts: 2,939

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona
I'm thinking of getting a Samsung Galaxy S i9000 or whatever.. does anybody know if it's any good?
I have that.

Awesome phone. The GPS is crap and cant call with ordinary headphone.

Try Nexus S, its almost the same phone with GPS fixed.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old May 16, 2011, 06:00 AM
Zunaid Zunaid is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: January 22, 2004
Posts: 21,739

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Does it work ok in Bangladesh? How is the internet like on iphone in Bangladesh?
Not 3G but good enough. My recent two trips, I just bought a Graneen SIM, had it cut at Basundhara 4th floor and bought one of those prepaid Internet packages. The best use of it was to Google map and getting the driver faster using alternate routes he never knew of. This is very important given traffic in Dhaka. There is a thread on Internet in Dhaka. I am happy with my iPhone 4. I have since bought my own SIM cutter and used it successfully recently on my trip to Siem Reap.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old May 16, 2011, 06:40 AM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,479

^^^ I am aware of the thread about internet in Bangladesh. Just wanted to know Phone's compatibility in Bangladeshi mobile network.

And what do you mean by SIM Cutter. Would not my normal Grameen SIM fit in to SIM slot of iPhone 3GS
__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #311  
Old May 16, 2011, 06:50 AM
Zunaid Zunaid is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: January 22, 2004
Posts: 21,739

All GSM, so you won't have a problem. The iPhone 4 uses a microSIM which is smaller than the older SIM that is used in the iPhone 3GS and most other GSM phones.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old May 16, 2011, 06:57 AM
rashed411 rashed411 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: October 8, 2008
Location: Sylhet
Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain
Posts: 1,744

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
All GSM, so you won't have a problem. The iPhone 4 uses a microSIM which is smaller than the older SIM that is used in the iPhone 3GS and most other GSM phones.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
you can cut regular sim to fit in the micro sim slot.
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old May 16, 2011, 07:05 AM
Zunaid Zunaid is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: January 22, 2004
Posts: 21,739

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Not 3G but good enough. My recent two trips, I just bought a Graneen SIM, had it cut at Basundhara 4th floor and bought one of those prepaid Internet packages. The best use of it was to Google map and getting the driver faster using alternate routes he never knew of. This is very important given traffic in Dhaka. There is a thread on Internet in Dhaka. I am happy with my iPhone 4. I have since bought my own SIM cutter and used it successfully recently on my trip to Siem Reap.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashed411
you can cut regular sim to fit in the micro sim slot.
Aye, that's what I has posted earlier earlier.

Here's my paraphernalia.

Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old May 16, 2011, 07:29 AM
Alien's Avatar
Alien Alien is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 19, 2006
Location: Vladivostok
Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan
Posts: 2,939

I find the Google map in Iphone rather mediocre. Thats one area Android rips into iOS.
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old May 16, 2011, 07:39 AM
Zunaid Zunaid is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: January 22, 2004
Posts: 21,739

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
I find the Google map in Iphone rather mediocre. Thats one area Android rips into iOS.
When it comes to OS for phones, I am not a religious fanatic. Whatever works for you and me... I am ok with iOS and I have used Android. Both good. Both did serve my needs.

Going back to topic of phones.

My needs are maps, good browser, and telnet/rdp/ftp accesses. Not for calling, if I can help it.
Reply With Quote
  #316  
Old May 16, 2011, 08:58 AM
cluster11 cluster11 is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 2, 2002
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Favorite Player: Sakib
Posts: 418

The complain I had with my Galaxy S was it's use of Bing even though it's an Android phone. But that's because I think Verizon had a partnership with Microsoft on that model. I downloaded google map from Android market and it worked fine since then. I never had issue with GPS (in fact in some cases it loads the map faster than my wife's Droid X) but that could be network depended. Also the camera is very nice.
__________________
There is no darkside of the moon really ..
Reply With Quote
  #317  
Old May 16, 2011, 11:49 AM
Banglaguy Banglaguy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 30, 2010
Location: London
Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate
Posts: 4,861

I use a Nokia N86... Used to have a blackberry curve, but it broke
Reply With Quote
  #318  
Old May 16, 2011, 05:36 PM
shiplu shiplu is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 10, 2005
Location: Sussex, England
Favorite Player: Tiqbal
Posts: 179


This is mine, Best phone I ever owned so far,
__________________
[pleaze fellow signeture rulez]
Reply With Quote
  #319  
Old May 16, 2011, 09:40 PM
Alien's Avatar
Alien Alien is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 19, 2006
Location: Vladivostok
Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan
Posts: 2,939

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluster11
The complain I had with my Galaxy S was it's use of Bing even though it's an Android phone. But that's because I think Verizon had a partnership with Microsoft on that model. I downloaded google map from Android market and it worked fine since then. I never had issue with GPS (in fact in some cases it loads the map faster than my wife's Droid X) but that could be network depended. Also the camera is very nice.
They probably fixed it for Verizon. Not sure but they sell the Galaxy S under some other name in US like Captive or Fascinate. Anyway Australia is one of the last places to get any update, fixes. I heard about GPS issue on the net but didn't realise it was this bad till I had the phone. Had to factory reset to make it work again.
Reply With Quote
  #320  
Old May 16, 2011, 10:49 PM
ammark's Avatar
ammark ammark is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 17, 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,090

Been toying with a white iPhone 4 past 2 weeks. Fun especially when jailbroken. And quite quick. Will get the HTC Incredible S next month after my paycheck.
Reply With Quote
  #321  
Old May 19, 2011, 07:48 AM
Isnaad's Avatar
Isnaad Isnaad is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 18, 2008
Location: Dhaka Cantonment
Favorite Player: 75 69 29
Posts: 5,177

A berry berry simple Nokia 2700 Classic. What I think of it? It is the perfect cell phone for me
__________________
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old June 6, 2011, 01:59 PM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,479

Thinking of buying an android phone for a cousin back home. My budget is low. HTC Wildfire is in my range.

Can anyone tell me about this phone whether it is compatible for Bangladeshi mobile network.

Secondly in UK, price range for pay as you go HTC wildfire varies with different network. e.g. 3 network are selling them for 99 uk pounds and t mobile 139 uk pounds. Does it make any difference when it comes to unlocking the phone.
__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old June 6, 2011, 11:57 PM
mac's Avatar
mac mac is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 30, 2006
Location: dhaka
Favorite Player: All the Tigers
Posts: 2,631

HTC wildfire works fine in BD.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old June 7, 2011, 02:36 AM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,479

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
HTC wildfire works fine in BD.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Thanks Mac.
__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old June 7, 2011, 05:15 AM
Equinox Equinox is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 25, 2009
Posts: 7,840

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC

Secondly in UK, price range for pay as you go HTC wildfire varies with different network. e.g. 3 network are selling them for 99 uk pounds and t mobile 139 uk pounds. Does it make any difference when it comes to unlocking the phone.
It shouldn't be a problem. We unlocked a whole bunch of different phones on different networks from the same place on our last visit.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket