facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 16, 2006, 03:57 PM
Street Cricketer

Default Rainhill Cricket Club

Hii,

I've heard the news that Mohd. Ashraful is playing Liverpool Cricket League in England. I keep a close eye on English domestic cricket and believe me, Rainhill Cricket Club's tournament is nowhere near to Liverpool Cricket League. Rainhill is sort of a recreational club that made a cricket club just for the sake of having one. Their cricket standards are extremely bad. Even our school league cricketers could qualify to play for that team. Its so funny when you say Ash has gone to england to play county cricket. Rainhill Cricket Club's players are made up of bunch of old guys and who are members to that recreational club. Its so sad that Ash is playing for such a lowly rates club and yet his performance is bad.

Here is a photo from Rainhill's cricket match:

Does this cricket look atleast a bit professional to you people.

Please post comments about it as it is a serious matter about our country's reputation.

Last edited by Zunaid; May 19, 2006 at 05:16 PM..
Old May 16, 2006, 04:01 PM
Test Cricketer

This is pathetic.

Chittagong er Parade field is better than this !!!
Old May 16, 2006, 04:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

hmmm... that makes me feel better
Old May 16, 2006, 04:08 PM
Cricket Legend

thats why Ashraful went there. he needs to start from the scratch....
________
SILVER SURFER REVIEW

Last edited by ialbd; February 19, 2011 at 11:50 PM..
Old May 16, 2006, 04:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

1. batsman ta kon dokan'er chal khai? How old is he by the way?
2. No umpires, but how did he (beloved ash) get LBW? Did his runner sell him out?
3. i can't see the ball. Is english condition like this all summer long? ECB need to install light for Ash to be able to see ball to hit them out of the park. It is a park isn't it?
Old May 16, 2006, 04:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Atleast it is better than these...

No?
Old May 16, 2006, 04:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Fazal, is that you in shorts ?
Old May 16, 2006, 04:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Fazal, is that you in shorts ?
.. no it cannot be me. I wear shorts alright ... but he is wearing a shirt in the playground like a girl... not following what our coach prescribes.
Old May 16, 2006, 05:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Hey, Safwat, how did you do for Monash in Victoria grade cricket ?

I am not the right person to comment about standard of cricket at Merseyside league, but here is a fact that shows clubs that play here are not utter rubbish-

Annisdale CC was promoted from Merseyside league in 2004, to Liverpool first division. In 2005, they achieved the sixth position in Liverpool first division; this year, they are at the third position so far.

Well, you can say they have not reached the premier league yet, but as far I know, Liverpool first division is not a joke.

Also, think this way- if Ash can get Rainhill to Liverpool first division, he may influence his club to include a promising Bangladeshi youngster to play in an ECB first division league next year, and, as far I know, no Bangladeshi cricketer has played at that level yet.
Old May 16, 2006, 07:34 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safwat
Hii,

I've heard the news that Mohd. Ashraful is playing Liverpool Cricket League in England. I keep a close eye on English domestic cricket and believe me, Rainhill Cricket Club's tournament is nowhere near to Liverpool Cricket League. Rainhill is sort of a recreational club that made a cricket club just for the sake of having one. Their cricket standards are extremely bad. Even our school league cricketers could qualify to play for that team. Its so funny when you say Ash has gone to england to play county cricket. Rainhill Cricket Club's players are made up of bunch of old guys and who are members to that recreational club. Its so sad that Ash is playing for such a lowly rates club and yet his performance is bad.

Here is a photo from Rainhill's cricket match:

Does this cricket look atleast a bit professional to you people.

Please post comments about it as it is a serious matter about our country's reputation.
Understood and u have emphasised that how poor the standards are and how school children can qualify to play for Rainhill cc.....But Ash( with all due respect) is yet to score a half century for Rainhill. After two matches, his averages is 21.5

Last edited by Zunaid; May 19, 2006 at 05:17 PM..
Old May 16, 2006, 07:41 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
.. no it cannot be me. I wear shorts alright ... but he is wearing a shirt in the playground like a girl... not following what our coach prescribes.
lol... what the coach prescribes?! I can't wait to tell him that lol... his chest has become a regular sighting so it seems... and i thought peop would run and hide once looked at!!
Old May 17, 2006, 02:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safwat
I've heard the news that Mohd. Ashraful is playing Liverpool Cricket League in England. I keep a close eye on English domestic cricket and believe me, Rainhill Cricket Club's tournament is nowhere near to Liverpool Cricket League. Rainhill is sort of a recreational club that made a cricket club just for the sake of having one. Their cricket standards are extremely bad. Even our school league cricketers could qualify to play for that team.
You could be on to something. Why else would they have 'Mohammad Ashraful' as one of their main menu items! http://www.rainhillcc.org/

And if you look at the picture of their '2006 force' they all look like a bunch of primary school kids.

Anyhow, something is better than nothing. It could lead to better things for Ash.
Old May 17, 2006, 04:05 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Hey, Safwat, how did you do for Monash in Victoria grade cricket ?
Well I got play 2 matches for the junior team (cuz i'm only 17) and even though I played well, hey dropped me for nothing (maby cuz i'm Asian).

Well I'm currently in Singapore, playing for singapore cricket club.

I'll go back to Australia this february.

I hope to give trials for the Bangladesh U19 team mid next year agead of the U19 world cup in malaysia.

Wish me luck guys.
Old May 17, 2006, 06:09 AM
BC Editorial Team

From their homepage

Quote:
Breaking News - May I take this opportunity to assure all of Mohammad Ashraful fans, that
he is being well looked after. We have provided a house for him which is close to the ground
and if Ash's family and friends are missing him, you can email our site and Ash will read them.
Old May 17, 2006, 06:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Our national team player is playing in a 3rd grade cricket league. and thats another step backward for him.