facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 16, 2017, 11:29 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default Hefazat wants to remove statue of Themis from High court premise

The hefazot is at their idiotic best again.

There was a time in Bangladesh not too long ago when fundamentalist elements were banished from Dhaka university campus for destroying sculptures. What happened to that country? How did we end up here dancing to the tunes of Religious extremists.

NEWS LINK

Old February 16, 2017, 12:52 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

http://m.prothom-alo.com/bangladesh/...নুষ্ান-বন্ধ

Intolerance is on the rise. Religious fantatics slowly destroying the harmony between muslims and minorities
Old February 16, 2017, 04:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
http://m.prothom-alo.com/bangladesh/...ুষ্��ান-বন্ধ

Intolerance is on the rise. Religious fantatics slowly destroying the harmony between muslims and minorities

I put this to the failiure of our education system.
I studied in an english medium school in Dhaka back in the 90's and we actually had teachers who used to say "how bad are the Jews"... I wish I knew that what I know now.. I regret not standing up than.
Old February 16, 2017, 04:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote from a prominent journalist and writer Tasneem Khalil

শুনলাম বাংলাদেশের কতিপয় মার্ক্সবাদী তাত্ত্বিক হেফাজতের ঘাঁড়ে পা দিয়ে বিপ্লব করার স্বপ্ন দেখছেন। স্বপ্নটি নতুন নয় অবশ্য। ইরানের কম্যুনিস্টরাও এই স্বপ্নটি দেখেছিলেন অনেক আগে। আয়াতোল্লারা ক্ষমতায় এসে তাঁদের ঝুলিয়ে মেরেছিলো। হাজার, হাজার কম্যুনিস্ট নেতা-কর্মীদের পাঠানো হয়েছিলো এভিন কারাগারের টর্চার সেলগুলিতে। তো, ওই ইরানী আয়াতোল্লাদের বাংলাদেশী ভাই-বেরাদর যে হেফাজত, সেটি কি একটি বিপ্লবী শক্তি নাকি প্রতিক্রিয়াশীল শক্তি?
মালিক শ্রেণীর জুলুমের বিরুদ্ধে বাংলাদেশে যে একটি শ্রমিক আন্দোলন চলছে বিগত কয়েক মাস ধরে, সেই আন্দোলনে কি হেফাজতকে দেখা গেছে?
বাংলাদেশে নারীর অধিকারের জন্য, আদিবাসীদের অধিকারের জন্য, কৃষকের অধিকারের জন্য যে লড়াইগুলি চলছে, সেই লড়াইগুলিতে কি আছে হেফাজত?
পরিবেশ বিধ্বংসী রামপাল প্রকল্পের বিরুদ্ধে যে রুখে দাঁড়াচ্ছে বাংলাদেশের লক্ষ-কোটি মানুষ, তাদের মাঝে কি আছে হেফাজত?
হেফাজত নামক কুৎসিত সংগঠনটির জন্মই হয়েছিলো মানুষের অধিকার হরণের উদ্দেশ্যে — নাস্তিক লেখকদের ফাঁসির দাবীতে। এই হেফাজতের দাবী মাফিক পাঠ্য-পুস্তক থেকে হিন্দু লেখকদের লেখা বাদ দেওয়া হয়েছে সম্প্রতি। আজকে যখন রামপাল প্রশ্নে বেকায়দায় আছে হাসিনাশাহী, ঠিক তখনই আবার মাঠে নেমেছে হেফাজত। এবার তাদের দাবী সুপ্রিম কোর্ট প্রাঙ্গন থেকে শাড়ি-পরা থেমিসের মূর্তিটি সরিয়ে ফেলতে হবে।
শাড়ি-পরা নারী মূর্তি সহ্য হয়না কোন শ্রেণীর *বিপ্লবীদের*?
Old February 16, 2017, 11:48 PM
Cricket Legend

The cancer is slowly spreading to BD.
Old February 17, 2017, 12:34 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Themis kinda looks hot though.
Old February 17, 2017, 01:11 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Concurrent Systems

God help us if Bangladesh ever falls into the hands of these mullah idiots
Old February 19, 2017, 12:33 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Soumo,Shak,Fiz

The Pakistanization of BD has begun. Shame.

The real culprit are all the Saudi funding that's being used to build Madrassas that teach the Wahabbi interpretation of Islam. The first of wave of kids who grew up in these madrassas are now just becoming adults, and are acting out based on their extreme views.

If BD want things like this to stop, the first thing is to curb Saudi funding, and turn the Madrassas into proper schools that teach all the subjects in addition to religion.
Old May 26, 2017, 02:46 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

AND....it has been done. Congratulations fundies. The te****rists have won.
Old May 26, 2017, 03:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Pakistanization of Bangladesh has begun a while back.... wonder why our forefathers bothered to liberate us ...... so much blood for no reason!!

I was a proud Bangladeshi even when everybody looked down upon us for being the poorest/most corrupt nation on earth. But now we might be the rising tigers of the world(in terms of economy) however I am ashamed to identify my self as a Bangladeshi... our culture gone, our identity kidnapped by the arabs and Paks... our rich heritage and our secular identity is no longer a thing... We lost.. the te*****ists won..
Old May 26, 2017, 04:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Nothing that symbolizes a particular religion should be anywhere near the court.

Many Muslims don't feel comfortable with our judicial system which is why they want shariah law to be implemented.

Considering the current circumstances the last thing govt will want is establishing a statue infront of the high court which is closely related to Greek mythology. It will unnecessarily provke a large percentage of ppl.
Old May 26, 2017, 04:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chowdhury MoC

Put the blame where the blame is due...
Of all people, first of all -
The (secular) government of Bangladesh, the ruling party, Awami League and the PM Sheikh Hasina should be ashamed of themselves and herself!!!

Didn't we crush those bunch of uneducated, imbecile, fools of Hefazaties in their (Hefazat's) 'so called' Siege of Dhaka...??? How come they make the people of Bangladesh take down a historical sculpture, a work of art, today - when we have a secular government in power?

This is a genuine shame on the PM, nothing less.
How is that Olama, Osama, Shafi - whatever is still alive???
Old May 26, 2017, 08:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Put the blame where the blame is due...
Of all people, first of all -
The (secular) government of Bangladesh, the ruling party, Awami League and the PM Sheikh Hasina should be ashamed of themselves and herself!!!

Didn't we crush those bunch of uneducated, imbecile, fools of Hefazaties in their (Hefazat's) 'so called' Siege of Dhaka...??? How come they make the people of Bangladesh take down a historical sculpture, a work of art, today - when we have a secular government in power?

This is a genuine shame on the PM, nothing less.
How is that Olama, Osama, Shafi - whatever is still alive???
Sheikh hasina sold her soul to the Islamic extremist for the sake of power........ she ruined what her father helped to build.. she ruined the country for us.. she ruined the pride I felt when watching bangladesh succeed... I hope to live long enough so that someday I could spit on her grave... and I wish the same for all tetul loving Islamic fundamentalists of bangladesh. .
Old May 27, 2017, 04:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Our politicians have sold us out to Islamists. I really liked the statue, Themis was portrayed wearing a saree, which is of great cultural significance to us. This was removed because the leaders of Hefazat shat their pants when they saw women being depicted as powerful figures, instead of being married off at 12 years of age and accompanied by their guardian.

The leaders of Hefazat (search tetul hujur) wants girls to cease their studies in 3rd or 4th grade, and never be independent and find employment.

I feel like this is an attack on our cultural identity and heritage. And much like Iran and Pakistan we might lose it all. Shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
I put this to the failiure of our education system.
I studied in an english medium school in Dhaka back in the 90's and we actually had teachers who used to say "how bad are the Jews"... I wish I knew that what I know now.. I regret not standing up than.
On a side note, I had the misfortune of attending 10th grade in an Islamic school in Australia for half a year. We had a Social Science teacher who very often used to say that the Jews are dumb and mocked them. He was a teacher in an Australian high school, partially funded by the Australian government. I also regret not taking some action against this actual injustice. I went on to make some Jewish friends at university, and they are great people.

Also his sayings were very easily disproved if you take into consideration that ~25% of the Nobel prizes were either won by a Jewish person, or a person of a Jewish descent, despite them being only 0.8% of the global population. In contrast to less than 5% of the Nobel Prizes won by Muslims.

Antisemitism fuelled by ignorance is a big problem within the Islamic community.
Old May 27, 2017, 04:29 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon4567
Our politicians have sold us out to Islamists. I really liked the statue, Themis was portrayed wearing a saree, which is of great cultural significance to us. This was removed because the leaders of Hefazat shat their pants when they saw women being depicted as powerful figures, instead of being married off at 12 years of age and accompanied by their guardian.

The leaders of Hefazat (search tetul hujur) wants girls to cease their studies in 3rd or 4th grade, and never be independent and find employment.

I feel like this is an attack on our cultural identity and heritage. And much like Iran and Pakistan we might lose it all. Shame.

On a side note, I had the misfortune of attending 10th grade in an Islamic school in Australia for half a year. We had a Social Science teacher who very often used to say that the Jews are dumb and mocked them. He was a teacher in an Australian high school, partially funded by the Australian government. I also regret not taking some action against this actual injustice. I went on to make some Jewish friends at university, and they are great people.

Also his sayings were very easily disproved if you take into consideration that ~25% of the Nobel prizes were either won by a Jewish person, or a person of a Jewish descent, despite them being only 0.8% of the global population. In contrast to less than 5% of the Nobel Prizes won by Muslims.

Antisemitism fuelled by ignorance is a big problem within the Islamic community.
Malek Fahd, Al Faisal College. I went to a muslim school as well, in sydney.

Which school did u go to, the one I went to, never had this problem.
Old May 27, 2017, 04:33 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
Pakistanization
Well said. And this is what happens if you give in to the demands of Islamist groups.
HTML Code:
[B]Now Islamists want all statues removed, everywhere[/B]
http://www.thedailystar.net/city/isl...-court-1411225
Bangladesh is a sinking ship heading the same direction as Iran and Pakistan, my own motherland slowly feels dead to me.
Old May 27, 2017, 04:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Well said. And this is what happens if you give in to the demands of Islamist groups.
HTML Code:
[B]Now Islamists want all statues removed, everywhere[/B]
http://www.thedailystar.net/city/isl...-court-1411225
Bangladesh is a sinking ship heading the same direction as Iran and Pakistan, my own motherland slowly feels dead to me.
It was a dead, along time ago. They just killed it even more.
Old May 27, 2017, 04:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Malek Fahd, Al Faisal College. I went to a muslim school as well, in sydney.

Which school did u go to, the one I went to, never had this problem.
AIC at WA, won't say which one to protect my anonymity as the cohort was quite small. Most of the other teachers (many of them non-Muslims) were fine though. I am just glad that it was a temporary arrangement for me.

Malek Fahd is one of the top schools in Sydney right? The one that I went to really wasn't. Half the cohort didn't even go on to university.
Old May 27, 2017, 04:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
AIC at WA, won't say which one to protect my anonymity as the cohort was quite small. Most of the other teachers (many of them non-Muslims) were fine though. I am just glad that it was a temporary arrangement for me.

Malek Fahd is one of the top schools in Sydney right? The one that I went to really wasn't. Half the cohort didn't even go on to university.
WAS, was the top school in sydney. Now it has been reduced to a pile of scrap, all the good students left, due to politics in the school. Real shame
Old May 27, 2017, 04:58 AM
Test Cricketer

But as a word , of warning I would never send my kids to a islamic school, none in sydney that is.

They promote a very close minded view of islam (wahhabism), taught the quran in science classes as well if remembered(Al-Faisal College)
Old May 27, 2017, 05:23 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
But as a word , of warning I would never send my kids to a islamic school, none in sydney that is.

They promote a very close minded view of islam (wahhabism), taught the quran in science classes as well if remembered(Al-Faisal College)
Sounds like the exact same as our school! A lot of our Muslim teachers were kind of useless at teaching. I feel like they were only there to push obvious and hidden wahhabist agendas.

The female non-Muslim teachers and all female students at my former school had to wear hijabs, which annoyed me for multiple reasons. And also the fact that I got into trouble for sitting next to a girl from another school and talking to her over lunch in a field trip.

I feel like Islamics Schools narrow down your social circles, as you can only socialize with Muslims which is putting yourself inside of a bubble, creating greater cultural divides within the nation. Whereas public schools here have students from more diverse social, cultural, economic backgrounds and it is possible for students there to gain a wider view of the country they live in. I feel like this contributes a lot to the "failure to integrate into a Western society" problem.

Btw. the founders of our school were jailed over a $3 million tax fraud.
http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/is...0627-2xxm.html

Last edited by anon4567; May 28, 2017 at 12:31 AM..
Old May 27, 2017, 05:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Sounds like the exact same as our school! A lot of our Muslim teachers were kind of useless at teaching. I feel like they were only there to push obvious and hidden wahhabist agendas.

The female non-Muslim teachers and all female students at my former school had to wear hijabs, which annoyed me for multiple reasons. And also the fact that I got into trouble for sitting next to a girl from another school and talking to her over lunch in a field trip.

I feel like Islamics Schools narrow down your social circles, as you can only socialize with Muslims which is putting yourself inside of bubbles. Whereas public schools here have students from more diverse social, cultural, economic backgrounds and it is possible for students there to gain a wider view of the country they live in. I feel like this contributes a lot to the "failure to integrate into a Western society" problem.

Btw. the founders of our school were jailed over a $3 million tax fraud.
http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/is...0627-2xxm.html
Yes exactly...

Thats the same way I felt too.

The founder of our school, is also facing various lawsuit, Our Director of Education(i think that is a made up role) stole nine million dollars of gov school funding and spent it elsewhere. Caused some controversy.
Now he has found a job at Al Faisal College after getting sacked from Malek Fahd

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sydney-isl...731-23c7f.html

There is always a hidden agenda, this is no way to wash up after going to the toilets, it is very un islamic. All the muslim background teachers don`t know how to teach, but the non-muslim teachers are really good at teaching. They are holding the school together.

Teachers are also very one sided. And extremely homophobic
Old May 27, 2017, 08:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

Science and religion will never mix, no matter how much one tries. It applies to all religion. Weather you are talking about genesis and the creation of earth in 6 days (remember space and time are single entity and space/time varies with the position and speed of individual)... or the explanation that we are created from clay.

A child must be taught science and religion seperately and they must be taught for what they are.

On topic... It hurts to see Bangladesh like this... never imagined that these islamist would become a force in Bangladesh...
Old May 27, 2017, 10:23 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Hefazot is baby ISIS. When they grow up, they will take away our our freedom, will make the country like Afghanistan/Syria. I am really pissed at Hasina for being such a power thirsty woman and letting Hefazot win.
Old May 27, 2017, 10:33 AM
Test Cricketer

They r our citizens too. They need to be heard also. Some of us here r acting as if hefazot workers have come from some other country.

This is their country too. If they find anything offensive in front of the highest court of Bangladesh, they have every right to voice their concern to the proper authority.

Then the responsible authority in this case govt will decide whether their demand should be met or not.