facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old April 11, 2007, 07:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Rahul Dravid

Quarter-final results:

Agg.
First legSecond leg
Milan4-2Bayern 2-2 » 2-0 »
PSV0-4Liverpool 0-3 » 0-1 »
Roma3-8Man. United 2-1 » 1-7 »
Chelsea3-2Valencia 1-1 » 2-1 »
Old April 11, 2007, 07:52 PM
Cricket Guru

semi-final lineup:
Milan vs Man.United
Liverpool vs Chelsea
Old April 13, 2007, 04:54 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Breaking News: Ronaldo Signs New Five-year Contract With Man Utd

Cristiano Ronaldo has signed a new five-year contract with Premiership leaders Manchester United.

The 21-year-old Portuguese winger has ended speculation over his future after being linked with a move to Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona.

"I am delighted. I spoke with Sir Alex Ferguson about my future and everyone knew that I wanted to stay," he said.

"I am very happy at the club and I want to win trophies and hopefully we will do that this season."

Ronaldo has been in scintillating form for United this season as they aim to win the treble of the Champions League, the Premiership and the FA Cup.

- BBC

This is brilliant! I was a little worried after Real and Barca started showing a lot of interest in him. Ronaldo is in top form and it's only a sign of great things to come. Great news for United!
Old April 13, 2007, 05:03 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Another great news-

Bayern may agree Hargreaves sale

Bayern Munich president Franz Beckenbauer has admitted England midfielder Owen Hargreaves could be sold to Manchester United this summer.

The Bundesliga giants have so far refused to grant the 26-year-old's wish to leave for Old Trafford.

But Beckenbauer, speaking on German television, said: "If it is right there is an offer of 25-30m euros (£17-20m), then I would seriously consider it.

"I think the board also think this way to satisfy the needs of the player."

Hargreaves has been a long-standing United target and the player has expressed a desire to play in England.

So far, Bayern have refused to deal with the Premiership leaders and suggested Hargreaves should honour the new four-year contract he signed last summer.

But a United bid of up to £20m could be enough to get their man this summer.

Hargreaves said: "I will sit down with Bayern and we will discuss how my future looks."

- BBC

I reckon Sir Alex shouldn't miss this opportunity. Hargreaves is very keen to play for United, he plays with a lot energy and heart. Price may be an issue as £20m quite a lot, but he would be great match with Carrick in the midfield. Besides Scholes isn't going to play forever.
Old April 13, 2007, 05:58 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Good news for all the ManU lovers

Ronaldo pens new Man Utd contract

Old April 13, 2007, 09:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Oh yes! Great to secure Cristiano Ronaldo, now to win the treble!
Old April 14, 2007, 04:21 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

FA Cup Semi-Final
Manchester United 4 - 1 Watford

Wayne Rooney inspired Manchester United as they broke Watford's brave challenge to reach the FA Cup final at Wembley.

Rooney powered home a brilliant 20-yard drive after only six minutes, but Watford levelled with Hameur Bouazza's 26th minute overhead kick.

Cristiano Ronaldo bundled in Rooney's cross two minutes later as United swiftly restored their lead.

Rooney's close-range finish wrapped up the win after 66 minutes and substitute Kieran Richardson chipped in a fourth.

- BBC

A clinical performance from the Red Devils. One more in the tally for Ronaldo, which takes him to 21 goals this season. Two more for Rooney, whose goal-scoring fluency is getting better and better.
Old April 15, 2007, 03:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Josh. Go ManU Go.
Old April 15, 2007, 01:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Man Utd vs Chelsea at the FA Cup final in Wembley.

Chelsea have beaten Blackburn 2-1. What a season. Man Utd and Chelsea head to head in the Premiership, FA Cup and possibly even the Champions League.
Old April 22, 2007, 01:08 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Man Utd 1-1 Middlesbrough
Premiership leaders Manchester United dropped two potentially costly points in the race for the title with Chelsea.

Obviously a bad result.. but wait for it-

Newcastle 0-0 Chelsea
Chelsea fail to close the gap on leaders Man Utd after a poor performance at Newcastle.

That was close... but it's not the end of it. Ferdinand's addition to the injury list puts United in a spot of bother at this crucial stage. Can we pull through?
Old April 22, 2007, 05:30 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Ronaldo secures PFA awards double

Ronaldo has led Man Utd's chase for trophies this season

Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo has been named the Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year by the Professional Footballers' Association.

The 22-year-old winger is the first player to win both awards in the same season since Andy Gray in 1977.

The Portuguese has recovered from the controversy of last year's World Cup to help United battle for three trophies.

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba was second and Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes third in the senior award.

Manchester United veteran Ryan Giggs, last year's winner Steven Gerrard of Liverpool and 19-year-old Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas also made ths shortlist.

Ronaldo was booed at the start of the season for his part in Wayne Rooney's sending off in the quarter-final match between England and Portugal in Germany.

But he has bounced back superbly and has so far scored 16 Premiership goals this season to fire United to the top of the table.

The winger said it was a big honour to be singled out by his peers.

He said: "It is a special night. It is amazing and a big honour for me to win trophies like this in the English Premier League. I am very proud.

"My colleagues have voted for me and that is fantastic because the players know the qualities of players.

"I want to keep working hard and getting better because these trophies have now given me more motivation.

"This great team has helped me because when the team wins it is easier for us all to play with more confidence."

Fabregas was second and Tottenham's Aaron Lennon, 20, third in the voting for the young player award.

Ronaldo's team-mate Wayne Rooney (21) was also shortlisted, as were Reading striker Kevin Doyle, 23, and 18-year-old defender Micah Richards of Manchester City.

Eight Manchester United players made it into the team of the year while manager Sir Alex Ferguson was honoured with the PFA Special Merit Award.

Ferguson paid tribute to Ronaldo, who joined United from Sporting Lisbon in a £12.2m deal in August 2003.

"At this moment in time, I think he is the best player in the world and his season has been incredible," he said.

PFA Premier League Team of the Year:
Edwin van der Sar, Gary Neville, Nemanja Vidic, Rio Ferdinand, Patrice Evra (all Man Utd); Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Cristiano Ronaldo (all Man Utd) and Steven Gerrard (Liverpool); Didier Drogba (Chelsea) and Dimitar Berbatov (Tottenham)

- BBC
Old April 23, 2007, 12:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Eight out of eleven players are from Man Utd. Pure domination.

Chelsea may get wins, but they are not half as exciting as Man Utd are.
Old April 24, 2007, 03:58 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Champions League Semi-Final: First Leg

Manchester United 3 - 2 AC Milan

Wayne Rooney's stunning last-minute winner kept Manchester United's hopes of reaching the Champions League final alive after an Old Trafford classic.

Cristiano Ronaldo's fifth minute header put United in front, only for AC Milan to draw level through Kaka's angled drive after 21 minutes.

Kaka put Milan ahead from close range before the interval, but Rooney turned in Paul Scholes' pass on the hour.

Rooney then lashed an instant 20-yard finish past Dida in injury time.

It was a moment of magic that gave United a precious lead to defend going into the second leg in Milan.

United opened in sparkling fashion, and it took a desperate intervention from Alessandro Nesta to divert Rooney's shot over the bar.

But they were ahead in the fifth minute when Ronaldo met Ryan Giggs' corner with a firm header, which Dida palmed into the air and could then only divert into the net.

United were firing on all cylinders up front - but all the time Milan, in the shape of Kaka, were waiting to probe their suspect and under-strength rearguard.

And the strike they feared came after 21 minutes when Kaka took Clarence Seedorf's pass and accelerated away from Gabriel Heinze and fired a left-foot angled drive across Edwin van der Sar.

A high-quality encounter saw Rooney just fail to get on the end of Giggs' cross and Ronaldo bring a crucial block from Dida with a 25-yard power drive.

But Brazilian superstar Kaka was an ever-present threat, and he took advantage of shambolic United defending to grab a crucial second away goal for Milan after 36 minutes.

Kaka chased a long pass, and when Heinze and Patrice Evra collided, he moved smoothly into top gear to slide a perfect finish past Van der Sar.

Evra was then booked for dissent - a yellow card that rules him out of the second leg in Milan, an inconvenience United did not need given their lack of defensive resources.
Michael Carrick wasted a glorious opportunity to put United level after 47 minutes when he side-footed wide of an open goal when he arrived unmarked at the far post on the end of another dangerous Giggs corner.

Milan lost captain Paolo Maldini to a knee injury at half-time, then were robbed of Gennaro Gattuso with a knee problem - with the combative midfield man being replaced by Cristian Brocchi.

Kaka was giving a master-class, escaping the offside trap to shoot across the face of goal then playing a sumptuous one-two with Seedorf only to volley narrowly over.
United desperately needed inspiration, and a moment of genius from Scholes provided as they drew level after 59 minutes.

Scholes instinctively lifted the ball into the path of Rooney, whose finish was half-stopped by Dida but rolled in.

United were suddenly buoyant again, and the unpredictable Dida saved brilliantly from Darren Fletcher after Rooney's cross was headed into his path.

Fletcher forced Dida into a save at his near post as United pressed for what would be a crucial lead to take to the San Siro.

Dida the finger-tipped Ronaldo's dipping drive inches wide as United mounted a spell of sustained pressure in the closing stages.

United's sheer courage was rewarded when Rooney ran on to Giggs' pass and fired past a startled Dida to send Old Trafford wild in celebration.

- BBC

A heart stopping match. United bounced back from one down at half-time to score twice from Rooney and keep their champions league dream alive. It's not over yet by any means, United must still deal with an injury affected defense and win the second leg match to go through.
Old April 24, 2007, 04:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

A tie in the second leg and there in finals but if Milan wins 2-1 next game does Milan advance on away goals or do they go to the shootout?
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old April 24, 2007, 04:06 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
A tie in the second leg and there in finals but if Milan wins 2-1 next game does Milan advance on away goals or do they go to the shootout?
If Milan wins they will go through on away goals. United need a tie (very risky) or a win.
Old April 25, 2007, 05:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Excellent match, full of excitement. I really think we will win the treble this year.

My mate actually went last night to watch it live at Old Trafford, he's gonna be going on about it all throughout my business lesson in a few hours...
Old April 27, 2007, 01:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

i think Man U is 'slightly' overated...lol
They have got extremely talente players tho...I mean Ronaldo...Rooney..Etc...

But the 'media' makes them look really arrogant...
Old April 27, 2007, 04:26 PM
Test Cricketer

It's Chelsea who are the arrogant ones...
Old April 27, 2007, 05:22 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumz_01
i think Man U is 'slightly' overated...lol
They have got extremely talente players tho...I mean Ronaldo...Rooney..Etc...

But the 'media' makes them look really arrogant...
You are not making any sense.. If it's the media responsible, how is that United's fault?

At least come up with decent enough reasons to back your comments.
Old April 28, 2007, 10:05 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Manchester United 4 - 2 Everton

Manchester United battled back from two goals down to beat Everton and move five points clear in the title race.

Everton took the lead on 12 minutes when Alan Stubbs' free-kick was deflected in off Michael Carrick.

On 50 minutes, Manuel Fernandes smashed into the top corner to double their lead but John O'Shea halved it when he swept in after Iain Turner's error.

Phil Neville's own goal levelled the score before Wayne Rooney put United ahead and Chris Eagles sealed the win.

The result means United moved two points further away from Chelsea, who were held by Bolton 2-2, with three games to play.

United will be crowned champions next weekend if they win at Manchester City on Saturday and if Chelsea were to lose at Arsenal on Sunday.

Sir Alex Ferguson's depleted side started with Cristiano Ronaldo on the bench after he suffered a knock in training, and Darren Fletcher was out of the squad completely. In came Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Alan Smith.

Everton were forced to replace keeper Tim Howard, who is on loan from United and therefore ineligible, with 23-year-old Turner. Up front, James Vaughan replaced the injured Andrew Johnson and Manuel Fernandes also started.

Before the match Everton paid tribute to former player Alan Ball, who died on Tuesday.

Ball's son Jimmy and daughters Mandy and Keely placed a wreath at one end of the ground and Everton players warmed up with jerseys bearing Ball's name and number.

There was also a minute's applause for the former Everton star and World Cup winner.

And the emotional atmosphere may have fired Everton up, as they came tearing out of the blocks and were almost ahead on two minutes when Joleon Lescott hit the bar with a header.

With the home support roaring their approval - and disapproval at their former darling Rooney's every touch - the hosts continued to push forward and take advantage of a sluggish start from United.

And Everton soon took the lead when Stubbs fizzed in a low free-kick from 30 yards and keeper Edwin van der Sar was beaten by a deflection off Carrick.
However, United soon began to take control of the half after weathering some tenacious Everton tackling.

But Everton continued to battle and some of their aggressive tactics had United boss Ferguson raging on the touchline and flapping his arms in vain like a flightless bird.
His frustration was not eased as Rooney had a shot saved at the near post and the striker headed tamely into the arms of Turner.

After the break United quickly resumed their offensive and Rooney, again, was denied after three Everton bodies flung themselves into the path of his shot.

But out of the blue - the ranked mass of blue that had been Everton's defence - came a quick counter-attack, and a lethal one at that.

Fernandes took one touch to move the ball wide of Wes Brown and then rocketed a shot into the top corner from just outside the box.

It looked like it might be a bad day for United, but Everton then contrived to ruin it for themselves and ensure Ferguson's men would remain favourites for the title.

First, keeper Turner let the ball slip out of his grasp trying to pluck a routine corner out of the air and the ball landed at the feet of O'Shea, who swept the ball home.

And then seven minutes later, United were level after another corner when substitute Ronaldo rose highest to head goalwards and Neville put through his own net trying to clear off the line.

Worse was to come for Everton 12 minutes later when again they failed to deal with a cross into the area and Rooney set himself up superbly before tucking the ball away into the bottom right corner.

Ronaldo had a great chance to add a fourth when clean through one-on-one but Turner did well to block the winger's shot with his arm.

But United did score again, when Eagles raced clear and curled a low shot into the bottom corner to move United a step closer to the Premiership title.

- BBC

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!!

What a comeback! It shows the hunger and dedication of this team.

Chelsea 2 - 2 Bolton! My day couldn't get better
Old April 28, 2007, 10:07 AM
Cricket Guru

yeah...
Chelsea2 - 2Bolton W.
Old April 28, 2007, 02:11 PM
Test Cricketer

One step closer to that treble...
Old May 2, 2007, 05:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Just finished watching the UEFA Champions League second semi-final between my two favourite team in europe ManUnited and AC Milan and at the end today's best team won the game: AC Milan 3 - 0 ManUnited, still no worries for united fans, EPL and FA Cup win will do for fans (IMO).
Now this year's final on 23May in Athens is a rematch of 2005 Istanbul final between AC Milan and Liverpool. I'll cheer for AC. Good Luck.
Old May 2, 2007, 06:48 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

yessss
AC MILAN - 3
MAN U - 0
Old May 2, 2007, 10:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

That treble in 1999 was a fluke. Man United are minnow bashers.