facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 30, 2006, 06:23 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: khaleda zia
Default Changes for 3rd ODI

i dont think many changes need to be made whatsoever, just get GOLLA out please. whats your team for 3rd ODI? mine is:
Saqibal hasan/Rajin
S.nafees
aftab
ash
bashar
reza
rafique
pilot
masri
razzaq
rajib
Old July 30, 2006, 07:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Rajin (Golla must go)
Shahriar Nafees
Aftab
Ash (last chance in this tour, do or sit)
Habibul Bashar
Forhad Reza
Khaled Masud
Rafique
Razzak (bowled well enough to stay)
Mashrafee
Shahadat
Old July 30, 2006, 07:20 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

I guess one change I want for sure is JO replaced by rajin. Then if the pitch seems pacer friendly rassel instead of rajjak. no more change from 2nd odi is needed.
Old July 30, 2006, 07:35 PM
Club Cricketer

I think Farhad batting at 6 makes our batting really vulnerable. He batted at number 7 or 8 for the A team. Though Razzaq did reasonably well in the 2nd ODI but I would be tempted to replace him by Saqibul to strengthen our batting. Also Saqib is as good a bowler as Razzaq if not better (he returned with better bowling figures than Razzaq in each of the list A matches against Zimb A in the recently concluded series). Javed getting replaced by Rajin should be the other obvious change.

1. S Nafees
2. Rajin
3. Aftab
4. Bashar
5. Saqibul
6. Ashraful
7. Farhad
8. Mashud
9. Rafique
10. Mashrafe
11. Shahadat

Last edited by HawkEye000; July 30, 2006 at 08:00 PM..
Old July 30, 2006, 07:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkEye000
I think Farhad batting at 6 makes our batting really vulnerable. He batted at number 7 or 8 for the A team. Though Razzaq did reasonably well in the 2nd ODI but I would be tempted to replace him by Saqibul to strengthen our batting. Also Saqib is as good a bowler as Razzaq if not better (he returned with better bowling figures than Razzaq in each of the list A matches against Zimb A in the recently concluded series). Javed getting replaced by Rajin should be the other obvious change. And Ashraful should swap batting position with Bashar.

1. S Nafees
2. Rajin
3. Aftab
4. Bashar
5. Ashraful
6. Saqibul
7. Farhad
8. Mashud
9. Rafique
10. Mashrafe
11. Shahadat
When a batsman doesn't get runs then he should try to go up the order not down in the order! Another thing is we should give our best batsman more time to stay in the crease to play a big knock so he should go up in the order. May be as a opener.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old July 30, 2006, 07:59 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
When a batsman doesn't get runs then he should try to go up the order not down in the order! Another thing is we should give our best batsman more time to stay in the crease to play a big knock so he should go up in the order. May be as a opener.
I would really want Ash to open too but I dont think our selectors would make him open.

But he is not a suitable player for number 4 cause he is not the type of player who has the ability to rotate strike in the middle overs. Infact he either defends or goes for all out attack. So he should either open where he can go for his shots or he can come at number 6 where he also has the freedom to go for his shots in the slog overs.
Old July 30, 2006, 08:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkEye000

1. S Nafees
2. Rajin
3. Aftab
4. Bashar
5. Ashraful
6. Saqibul
7. Farhad
8. Mashud
9. Rafique
10. Mashrafe
11. Shahadat
I like your team beacuse I am also waiting to see what Saqib can do. Even though I am not a fan of a Razzaq, after his last performance, I will really feel bad about his exclusion. Based on scorecard, looks like he did a very good job; most likely top 5 contributer in that game. I always hate when selector drops a young player only after his excellent contribution, instead of some old under achiving player. This really send a very bad message. I want to see Saqib, but not replacing Razzaq in 3rd ODI.
Old July 30, 2006, 08:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

yeah i think ash will make a good number 6 who can throw his bat around.... he doesn't have the right mind to build an innings that is required by a number 4 batsman.... playing sakib also make sense
Old July 30, 2006, 09:53 PM
Cricket Guru

I don't know what to say cuz whoever plays we will do the same. May be the toss will be very important. If Golla goes, Rajin comes he might make little difference. Our main problem is our superstar when he comes he leaves faster than that.
Old July 31, 2006, 12:02 AM

Jato doos, nanda ghus!
Old July 31, 2006, 12:24 AM
First Class Cricketer

I want Mushfiq in place of javed Omar cause Rajin er SR onek slow or give Ashraful a chance to open the innings if he gets out. Then it's all over for him. I'm telling about Mushfiq cause his batting technique is good and the temperament is also better this selectors experiment lots of time when it comes to openers they try kapali,rana,bashar why not Mushfiq give him a chance..
Old July 31, 2006, 01:59 AM
Cricket Legend

My this post will cause an outrage i presume. I am not a JO fan myself but i still want him instead of Rajin; this is because after a long time JO actually looks like that he wants to take the attack to the opposition. even on the 2nd ODI against Australia he looked good while he was at the crease. I wud give him one more chance.
I havent seen sakib playin but i wud still try giving him a chance in place of Ashraful. And finally the main cause for outrage. I do want to replace pilot with mushfiq for ODI. Neone who watched the last game wud have seen his inability to rotate the strike. Just the fact that the rest of the batters played badly don nesessarily mean that he played really well. he is just not good enough to hit big shots when the team requires. he hit two fours and the first one was courtesy of an edge. When u see zimbabwe team placing three fielders inside the circle on the off side in the final over of the match with pilot batting says a lot about his limits( he still cant loft the ball over the top of the in field). I wud definately try musfique in ODI's and pilot in test matches. all the teams in the world now opt for a better batsmen in one dayers, y shud we be any different.
Old July 31, 2006, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
I guess one change I want for sure is JO replaced by rajin. Then if the pitch seems pacer friendly rassel instead of rajjak. no more change from 2nd odi is needed.
I almost agree with you but Razzak, the pitch may becoming more spin friendly, so Razzak should stay. If that is the case ( pitch is spin friendly ) then we may consider Sakib also, because of his batting ability. But than again we must have to concentrate on series win, rather than experiment on new combination. In that sense I will be happy with only one change ( Rajin in JO out ).

Lets hope Ash come back in form in next game ( I doubt though ).
Old July 31, 2006, 03:34 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

JO is not really loved by the most of the folks and I think there is a definite reason for that...Once upon a time we badly needed an anchor to stay in the crease while the wickets keep falling from the other end.Now we have Nafess who can go with that role, but of course with better shots and judgements.I think we badly need to fix up the opening pair of Nafess before the world cup and it is the best time to do so.For me, Rajin is a better choice.He has got the technique.As ash is not changing his style of getting himself out without any help from the bowlers, I think he should be delayed to later order.May be 6/7 can be a good place.Farhad can be brought after Bashar and I personally think if we include Sakib, our shakey top order (at least until now in this series), can have some more support from the lower order.Though I agree that putting Razzaque in the side-bench even after his excellent performance will not be a very encouraging thing.But, after all at the end of the day we wanna win the series, and that's what is most important.
Old July 31, 2006, 03:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

JO must go for a long sleep.
Old July 31, 2006, 03:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

So we just keep on changing whenever a player under performs for 1-2 matches. Didnt this lead us to 35+ test caps already and shake the confidence of a young player who doesnt perform against the hype we create about him? I would think that this has lead to discarding Talha, Tapash, Fahim, Jamal, Mridul, Rana etc. If we are to ask consisency in our players than we need to be consistent too,, give our players the chances they deserve. I am not a fan of Javed Omar and have advocated that Zimbabwe is his lucky ground but what did Rajin do this time to be excluded? What is exactly wrong with Rana? Just because we want to see Saqib ( Whom I am think is the MOST talented future star for Bangladesh BTW) doesnt mean you drop Raj. Just because Mashud held the crease to add runs slowly onboard means you bring Rahim to replace him. Let's act like a mature cricket nation,,, and not just toss in changes just because....
Old July 31, 2006, 03:46 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

my eleven would hv bn:

Nafees
Ash ( i would try him in the open as well)
Bashar ( he really needs to bat at no.3)
Aftab
Rajin ( golla should make room for him)
Farhad
Sakib ( is he an allrounder as well? then replace razzak)
Pilot
Rafiq
Mashree
Shahadat
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old July 31, 2006, 03:48 AM
Club Cricketer

Hello there people i have just joined banglacricket. I have being attending this site for the past 2 years god knows why i never joined till now. Anyways about the team selection i would like Abdur to be replaced by Saqibul. This will not only strenghten our batting but will create a left and right combination in the crease making life more difficult for zimbo bowlers. Also to notify that Hare pitch is more accustomed to pace condition and if Bangladesh bowls first having 4 pacers will give us more advantage due to the moisture in the air, which is always the case early morning. Razzak can get away if they are chasing the runs, conditions will be better for spin but i dont think we will always will setting the target. About Javed Omar he looks out of sorts and at the moment Rajin is a far better choice for selectors. Not only he is technically better but he is in form and is alot more consistent among the bangladesh batsman. If Ashraful flops perhaps we can have Javed 1st or 2nd drop. Playing the old ball is much easier.
Old July 31, 2006, 03:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Many talks have already been done regarding JO...Still I think, dropping Rajin and bringing JO was not a good decision..We should rectify that, Rajin has much cricket left inside than JO...Replacing Razzaque is just a thought(he is doing good job out there, but many might think of the prospect of having a spinning all-rounder like Saqib for the future), replacing JO is an essential thing.Of course, many people might contradict..That's the way I feel.
Old July 31, 2006, 04:04 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Rajin shud get chance,,,
Old July 31, 2006, 04:10 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Zunaid, welcome aboard mate...
enjoy ur stay
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old July 31, 2006, 05:36 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Replacing Javed with Mushfique may not be a sound idea since I don't think Mushfique is a stroke-maker like Aftab or Ashraful.
Old July 31, 2006, 06:12 AM
Cricket Legend

experiments with mushfiq and sakib could happen in games 4 or 5 after (hopefully) we take a lead in game 3. pilot could be rested for the last game to give mushfiq a go. mashrafee could be rested for the last game as well given his injury issues and team management's desire to take it easy on him. that way rassel gets a game. ashraful will just need to keep playing to work out his kinks. As for JO, I think Rajin could come in but maybe not until the end of the series? We will go to the World Cup with more than 2 openers, and right now JO is still in the plans.. So there may be no changes in the 3rd ODI unless they want to try Saquib or Rassel for Razzak.
Old July 31, 2006, 07:09 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

1. Rajin
2. S Nafees
3. Aftab
4. Bashar
5. Ashraful
6. Farhad
7. Mashud
8. Rafique
9. Saqib/Rasel
10. Mashrafe
11. Shahadat

My team is pretty similar to some people already suggested. I also want Saqib in the team to replace Razzak even though Razzak's performance was satisfactory. I just don't think slow bowling is effective enough to demolish the Zimbabweans. It's pretty obvious they struggle against Shahadat, as did we against their pacers. Shahadat's length and away swingers troubled them so it's the time we attack with our full strength. If Saqib is not ready then Rasel is the obvious choice. If Shahadat and Rasel can hook up and they'll do a lot of 'damage' together.. no pun intended.
Old July 31, 2006, 08:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

just one change no more experiment (Rajin in Golla out). the spinner can be tested out when we r 3-1 (in the 5th game)
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught