facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old October 23, 2006, 12:37 PM
Mohiul's Avatar
Mohiul Mohiul is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 21, 2004
Location: Dagenham, Essex, UK
Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan
Posts: 3,234
Default ODI Rankings Update for BD players

Bowling ranking: Rafiq-17, Mashrafe-27, Razzak-31. Looks amazing. Shahriar Nafees got his ranking upto 40, good as well.
__________________
Mohiul
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old October 23, 2006, 12:53 PM
Tokyobreeze's Avatar
Tokyobreeze Tokyobreeze is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 28, 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 765

Nice that our players are improving their own ranking.We need to perform consistently.Individual ranking will follow the whole improvement of the team.
__________________
If you are good enough, you are old enough. - Shakib Al Hasan
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old October 23, 2006, 01:07 PM
Sovik's Avatar
Sovik Sovik is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 17, 2005
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara
Posts: 9,241

abdur razzak's ranking will be improved in few years
__________________
All I know about boxing is never bet on the white guy. - Frank Drebin
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old October 23, 2006, 02:01 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 25,450

P. UtseyaZIM

Good see Rafiq crossing this guy. His rating dropped from 651 to 593. Mash is 8 points behind him. One by one they all should cross him.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old October 23, 2006, 02:50 PM
Sam's Avatar
Sam Sam is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 6, 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,296

It's interesting to note that, the new generation batsmen are coming up quickly with their consistent performance, whereas the veterans are lagging behind. It really hurts to see that our leading batsman Habibul Bashar has been dropped from around 40 to 72, way below Shahriar Nafees, Aftab, Khaled Mashud and Ash. On the other hand, it’s really a good sign that the players like SN and Aftab are doing quite well.
__________________
\'Actions speak louder than words\'
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old October 23, 2006, 04:16 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 25,450

Well, for ODI's Bashar was never considered good. His highest rating was
Habibul BasharBAN451;486 v Zimbabwe, 29/07/2006

That only can get him to # 62 at most. A ten step drop is not out of ordinary. But I like the fact that Farhad has cracked the top 100 and am sure Sakib would make a huge jump before the WC.
For Ash his drop was hard to take.
Mohammad AshrafulBAN467;526 v Australia, 25/06/2005

A total of 59 points drop shows the decline.
I am waiting for Bd players to get to 700 ratings.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old October 23, 2006, 04:27 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,901

Bangladeshi bowlers are making gradual progress in the rating while batsmen are very inconsistent in the rating. Shows the true picture of Bangladesh team.

I am sure Rafiq will enter into the top 10 before his retirement. Razzak will be top 15 within a year.
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old October 23, 2006, 05:47 PM
Duck's Avatar
Duck Duck is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 15, 2005
Location: Hotlanta, GA
Posts: 1,757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
It's interesting to note that, the new generation batsmen are coming up quickly with their consistent performance, whereas the veterans are lagging behind. It really hurts to see that our leading batsman Habibul Bashar has been dropped from around 40 to 72, way below Shahriar Nafees, Aftab, Khaled Mashud and Ash. On the other hand, it’s really a good sign that the players like SN and Aftab are doing quite well.
this is the common but welcoming senerio of a progressing team. new ones should cross the oldies in qualities and quantities.
__________________
\"Dont glitter but shine on"\
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old October 23, 2006, 11:30 PM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 17,177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Bangladeshi bowlers are making gradual progress in the rating while batsmen are very inconsistent in the rating. Shows the true picture of Bangladesh team.

I am sure Rafiq will enter into the top 10 before his retirement. Razzak will be top 15 within a year.
If Rafiq could enter into the top 10 that would be a great achievement for him. All the best...Rafiq.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old October 23, 2006, 11:32 PM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 17,177

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik
abdur razzak's ranking will be improved in few years

I love to see him in the top 10 list in near future!

Last edited by kalpurush; October 24, 2006 at 10:42 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old October 24, 2006, 07:40 PM
Hatebreed's Avatar
Hatebreed Hatebreed is offline
BC T-Shirt Design Winner
 
Join Date: June 19, 2005
Location: Camden, London
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 7,200

Glad to see our bowlers making progress. Shahriar is gradually moving up the ranks. I have high hopes for him, insh'Allah he won't disappoint. Saw a news report on him on Eid day (NTV I think), looked very happy with his whole family.
__________________
My photography
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old October 24, 2006, 11:26 PM
Kabir's Avatar
Kabir Kabir is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: September 3, 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger
Posts: 11,139

It's amazing that Rafiz and Mashrafe are within the top 30. Just imagine how quickly Rafiq has improved. I love this guy. But to be honest with you, as long as we don't have at least 4 bowlers in the top 30 (not sure if any team has that yet), we shouldn't consider ourselves all that great. Individually they're get, but we have to consider a team performance.

Important to note that Razzak is showing improvements. Considering the long career ahead of him, Inshallah he can get within the first 10. What do you guys think?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old October 29, 2006, 11:31 PM
Duck's Avatar
Duck Duck is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 15, 2005
Location: Hotlanta, GA
Posts: 1,757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
It's interesting to note that, the new generation batsmen are coming up quickly with their consistent performance, whereas the veterans are lagging behind. It really hurts to see that our leading batsman Habibul Bashar has been dropped from around 40 to 72, way below Shahriar Nafees, Aftab, Khaled Mashud and Ash. On the other hand, it’s really a good sign that the players like SN and Aftab are doing quite well.
I thought the same as you. But it seems different if you look at his last ten innings:
0 v Ken in BD 2005/06 at Fatullah [2355]
64* v Ken in BD 2005/06 at Fatullah [2356]
52 v Aus in BD 2005/06 at Chittagong (CDS) [2365]
70 v Aus in BD 2005/06 at Fatullah [2366]
33 v Aus in BD 2005/06 at Fatullah [2367]
40 v Zim in Zim 2006 at Harare [2392]
5 v Zim in Zim 2006 at Harare [2393]
0 v SL in Ind 2006/07 at Chandigarh (d/n) [2423]
0 v WI in Ind 2006/07 at Jaipur (d/n) [2426]
30 5 v Zim in Ind 2006/07 at Jaipur (d/n) [2427]

Three 50 plus innings, Three 30 plus innings. It looks really great if you compare in BD standards. The last two zero were after his comeback from injury.
__________________
\"Dont glitter but shine on"\
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old October 29, 2006, 11:44 PM
Duck's Avatar
Duck Duck is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 15, 2005
Location: Hotlanta, GA
Posts: 1,757

Habibul Bashar's stats: He seems better batsman as captain. Although he is very limited captaincy skill.

.....................Mat-- I-- NO-- Runs-- Ave-- 100-- 50-- 0
Overall Career ....87-- 85-- 3-- 1738--- 21.2 ---0----12--16
As Captain ........45-- 43 --3--- 962 ----24.1--- 0---- 5 --7
Not As Captain ...42 --42--- 0---776---- 18.5---- 0--- 7-- 9

Win or loss: (He has most wins under his belt, but this is credit of the team than his captaincy and degradation in strength of the opponents like Zim and Ken as well)

matches w/ no result (Not as captain): 1
matches won (Not as captain): 14
__________________
\"Dont glitter but shine on"\

Last edited by Duck; October 30, 2006 at 01:29 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old October 30, 2006, 12:23 AM
billah billah is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: September 5, 2003
Posts: 5,364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck_Pion
Win or loss: (He has most wins under his belt, but this is credit of the team than his captaincy and degradation in strength of the opponents like Zim and Ken as well)

matches w/ no result (Not as captain): 1
matches won (Not as captain): 14
The "Most Win" argument for Bashar is a moot point for a new and improving team like Bangladesh. What I mean is that each of the next ten captains of the Bangladesh team may superceed their previous ones in terms of success rate, because our rate of win should naturally keep increasing until we reach a plateau and become as good as any of the other top teams.

For example, to be the "most successful" captain, Bashar needed to win just 3 ODIs as the skipper. The next captain will have to win 9 or ten and so on...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old October 30, 2006, 01:26 AM
Duck's Avatar
Duck Duck is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 15, 2005
Location: Hotlanta, GA
Posts: 1,757

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
The "Most Win" argument for Bashar is a moot point for a new and improving team like Bangladesh. What I mean is that each of the next ten captains of the Bangladesh team may superceed their previous ones in terms of success rate, because our rate of win should naturally keep increasing until we reach a plateau and become as good as any of the other top teams.

For example, to be the "most successful" captain, Bashar needed to win just 3 ODIs as the skipper. The next captain will have to win 9 or ten and so on...
Yeah. Dont be misguided by the stat. You are reiterating what I have mentioned.
The team is improving. So, it is the total team effort. Not Bashar's sole credit as captaincy who is very limited in thinking.

But my point was he has been doing not bad at all in the last 10 innings .
__________________
\"Dont glitter but shine on"\
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old October 30, 2006, 04:10 AM
yaseer's Avatar
yaseer yaseer is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 29, 2004
Location: Brisbane
Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot
Posts: 6,335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck_Pion
I thought the same as you. But it seems different if you look at his last ten innings:
0 v Ken in BD 2005/06 at Fatullah [2355]
64* v Ken in BD 2005/06 at Fatullah [2356]
52 v Aus in BD 2005/06 at Chittagong (CDS) [2365]
70 v Aus in BD 2005/06 at Fatullah [2366]
33 v Aus in BD 2005/06 at Fatullah [2367]
40 v Zim in Zim 2006 at Harare [2392]
5 v Zim in Zim 2006 at Harare [2393]
0 v SL in Ind 2006/07 at Chandigarh (d/n) [2423]
0 v WI in Ind 2006/07 at Jaipur (d/n) [2426]
30 5 v Zim in Ind 2006/07 at Jaipur (d/n) [2427]

Three 50 plus innings, Three 30 plus innings. It looks really great if you compare in BD standards. The last two zero were after his comeback from injury.
Nice one.........
I am still with habibul bashar as ODI batsman........at least till the world cup...
he is consistent.......most important is he always comes back after 2/3 failures....not like others who has long bad patches.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old October 31, 2006, 08:15 AM
Shafin's Avatar
Shafin Shafin is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 31, 2006
Location: Vagabond
Posts: 3,015

there are 10 teams,if we take 5 descent batsmen and bowler per team,there should be 5 bowler and batsmen within the top 50.The day we reach the mark will show signs of real improvement.
We are closing on the mark with bowlers,but with batsmen,it's a far cry.
I believe Razzak has a greater chance of entering the top 10 before Rafiq,but I love to hope that both of them will be there soon.
Razzak's Economy will get below that of Utseya soon
__________________
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old October 31, 2006, 05:54 PM
6alltheway 6alltheway is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 29, 2005
Posts: 712

masrafe andf rafique deserve it, theyve been very consistant. i hope shariar is in the future and his ranking will imporve more.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old November 1, 2006, 12:35 PM
naheyan naheyan is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 9, 2004
Posts: 309

one of the tv chnl ratings showd masrafee as the 10th ODI bowler of the month.....smthn 2 be really proud of.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old November 6, 2006, 01:06 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,901

According to new rating published yesterday BD bowlers improved their rating while batsmen remain same positions.

Now, Rafiq - 16th, Mashrafee - 26th and Razzak - 30th ranked ODI bowler.

Link
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old November 9, 2006, 09:42 AM
Mohiul's Avatar
Mohiul Mohiul is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 21, 2004
Location: Dagenham, Essex, UK
Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan
Posts: 3,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by naheyan
one of the tv chnl ratings showd masrafee as the 10th ODI bowler of the month.....smthn 2 be really proud of.
Mashrafe is # 4 odi bowler now according to ranking published in www.espnstar.com
__________________
Mohiul
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old November 9, 2006, 11:36 AM
Sauron's Avatar
Sauron Sauron is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 26, 2005
Location: মেক্সিকো'র কয়েকশ' মাইল উপরে
Posts: 2,061

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcricmad
Mashrafe is # 4 odi bowler now according to ranking published in www.espnstar.com
Post the exact link that has the table ... seeing is believing.

.
__________________
Of old there was Sauron the Maia...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old November 9, 2006, 11:39 AM
reverse_swing's Avatar
reverse_swing reverse_swing is offline
Chief Moderator
 
Join Date: August 22, 2003
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 5,736

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron
Post the exact link that has the table ... seeing is believing.

.
Here is the link
TOP 10 ODI BOWLERS

Rank
Player Name
Country Name
Points
1
Australia
193
2
Australia
188
3
West Indies
184
4
West Indies
179
5
Bangladesh
174
6
Sri Lanka
169
7
India
166
8
India
161
9
West Indies
157
10
Sri Lanka
152



__________________

Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old November 9, 2006, 12:50 PM
Sauron's Avatar
Sauron Sauron is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 26, 2005
Location: মেক্সিকো'র কয়েকশ' মাইল উপরে
Posts: 2,061

Thanks for the link! This is awesome. Is this weekly, monthly or what? What is the time span taken into account?
__________________
Of old there was Sauron the Maia...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket