facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 26, 2006, 06:01 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Default Dissidents quit Bangladesh's ruling party, alleging corruption

The Associated Press

Published: October 26, 2006

DHAKA, Bangladesh More than two dozen dissident politicians resigned from Prime Minister Khaleda Zia's ruling party Thursday and launched a new political grouping, accusing her government of corruption and incompetence.
The renegades announced their new group, the Liberal Democratic Party, at a crowded news conference in national capital, Dhaka. At least 12 lawmakers, a former Parliament speaker and three former ministers were among the group of more than 24 politicians.
The defections did not immediately threaten Zia's four-party coalition, which holds a two-thirds majority in Bangladesh's 340-member parliament, but they were likely to cheer country's opposition parties ahead of elections expected within three months.
"More of our colleagues are waiting to join us. We are soon going to be a big party," Oli Ahmed, a leader of the breakaway politicians, told reporters.
He said the new party's main objective is to "eliminate corruption from our society and fight for establishing a clean and transparent government."
"Corruption has been so widespread under Khaleda Zia's government. We can't accept it," he said.
The desertions came just a day before Zia was constitutionally set to hand over power this weekend to a nonparty interim caretaker administration, completing her five-year term. The interim government will hold a national election within 90 days.
The Parliament is set to be dissolved on Oct. 27, after completion of its five-year term.
The country's main opposition party has been campaigning for the ouster of Zia's government, accusing her of corruption, incompetence and authoritarianism.
Neither Zia's party nor the opposition were immediately available for comment on plans for the new party.
The dissidents joined hands with former President Badruddoza Chowdhury, who was a founding leader of Zia's ruling Bangladesh Nationalist Party.
Chowdhury resigned as the country's titular president in 2002 after he was accused of showing disrespect to Zia's husband slain President Ziaur Rahman, the founder of the BNP.
Chowdhury later launched a party called, Bikalpa Dhara, which has now merged with the new group, Liberal Democratic Party.

DHAKA, Bangladesh More than two dozen dissident politicians resigned from Prime Minister Khaleda Zia's ruling party Thursday and launched a new political grouping, accusing her government of corruption and incompetence.
The renegades announced their new group, the Liberal Democratic Party, at a crowded news conference in national capital, Dhaka. At least 12 lawmakers, a former Parliament speaker and three former ministers were among the group of more than 24 politicians.
The defections did not immediately threaten Zia's four-party coalition, which holds a two-thirds majority in Bangladesh's 340-member parliament, but they were likely to cheer country's opposition parties ahead of elections expected within three months.
"More of our colleagues are waiting to join us. We are soon going to be a big party," Oli Ahmed, a leader of the breakaway politicians, told reporters.
He said the new party's main objective is to "eliminate corruption from our society and fight for establishing a clean and transparent government."
"Corruption has been so widespread under Khaleda Zia's government. We can't accept it," he said.
The desertions came just a day before Zia was constitutionally set to hand over power this weekend to a nonparty interim caretaker administration, completing her five-year term. The interim government will hold a national election within 90 days.
The Parliament is set to be dissolved on Oct. 27, after completion of its five-year term.
The country's main opposition party has been campaigning for the ouster of Zia's government, accusing her of corruption, incompetence and authoritarianism.
Neither Zia's party nor the opposition were immediately available for comment on plans for the new party.
The dissidents joined hands with former President Badruddoza Chowdhury, who was a founding leader of Zia's ruling Bangladesh Nationalist Party.
Chowdhury resigned as the country's titular president in 2002 after he was accused of showing disrespect to Zia's husband slain President Ziaur Rahman, the founder of the BNP.
Chowdhury later launched a party called, Bikalpa Dhara, which has now merged with the new group, Liberal Democratic Party.

Source: IHT

Old October 26, 2006, 06:05 AM
Chief Moderator

more from Dristipat >>

Old October 26, 2006, 07:14 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Did not get their fair cut?
Old October 26, 2006, 08:14 AM

Sounds good, let see where is the end of BD 'kingdom' politics / system.
Old October 26, 2006, 08:39 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

This will be another version of Gonoforum.

We need young leaders, these old politicians have done enough damage when they had their fare share. Now they are crying out. What happened to them when they were ministers or Speakers?
Old October 26, 2006, 08:47 AM
Cricket Guru

We need an honest, responsible, fair dictator.
Old October 26, 2006, 09:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
Did not get their fair cut?
Isn't that obvious? "Chor'er ma'r boro gola."
Old October 26, 2006, 10:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
This will be another version of Gonoforum.

We need young leaders, these old politicians have done enough damage when they had their fare share. Now they are crying out. What happened to them when they were ministers or Speakers?
I think Tareque Zia and Joy are young enough?
Old October 26, 2006, 10:37 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
I think Tareque Zia and Joy are young enough?
Ya they are kind of young. We need new faces thats sure. But if that means new faces like Tareque Zia then thanks but no thanks.

Don't take for granted that the new/young one will be less corrupted. Looks like the younger they are the more corrupted they are. Odlies used to do Kombol Churi... now a days the corruption is in high tech and high stake level, they do the whole pukur Churi. Tareque Zia is a perfect example of that.

Now is Joy any different? I don't know. But history/trend tells most likely not.
Old October 26, 2006, 10:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
এরশাদ?
Old October 26, 2006, 10:43 AM
Cricket Legend

I think this is a positive step in our country's politics. We need to get rid of these two circles. I will love to see dissidents-rebels from AL and other parties, who really care for the country's welfare, should join this party and end the unprecedented "Monarchy" of two families. In fact these are the people from the ruling alliance, who were protesting within the party all the time against unfair decisions and moves. We don’t want to see Tareq or Joy as Bangladeshi Monarchs of new generation. What we need is a sincere, honest and corruption-free leadership to save Bangladesh from further sinking.

Last edited by Sam; October 26, 2006 at 10:53 AM.. Reason: Typo
Old October 26, 2006, 10:47 AM
Cricket Legend

More reports from DS (Daily Star):
13 BNP MPs, minister among 102 join Badruddoza's new party

Last edited by Sam; October 26, 2006 at 10:55 AM..
Old October 26, 2006, 11:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS

I like that. Is that the the response from the deep in your heart?
Old October 26, 2006, 02:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

I am happy with this development... we need to get out of the vicious cycle of Khaleda and Hasina regimes.
Old October 26, 2006, 03:16 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

This may haunt BNP for a long time. Personally I am quite happy. We need different direction in leadership.

This was a bad diplomatic move by Tareq Rahman.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old October 26, 2006, 03:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

I do not want to get my hopes high as LDP might turn out to be another Gono forum but on the other hand it might be the third power the public needs. It all depends on the party leaders and the general public of Bangladesh. I really liked the analogy someone mentioned about the domestic football scenario with this developement and I hope that is how it turns out. I do not think any of us know these politicians personally well enough to comment on them but as far as i heard from people and as far as reputation go I know that Dr. Badrudozza chowdhury,Mr. Mannan and Mr oli ahmed are all honest people who wil work for the public. I do not know anything about the others who joined. I just hope this does not backfire and give Al an easy win in the coming election which would make it catastrophic for Bangladesh. I would love it if LDP can rope in the good guys from Al like Saber hossain. The I am sur LDp can and will kick *** of both the bitches and their folllowers. GO LDP GO. BTW the name sounds like a north american politican party.
Old October 26, 2006, 03:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Look like people don't learn from Badrudozza chowdhury and Mannan defection saga. I still remeber the chang-dola picture of Badrudozza, where his supporter was trying to save him from assult by BNP supporters in a meeting. Mannan's home and Industy was damaged after his defection.

Quote:
NTV reports that Redwan Ahmed and Shaikh Rajjak Ali’s house was partially burnt down by some members of BNP.
Don't under estimate the muscle power of BNP. Akhon bujo moja.

Porecho Mogholer(Tarek-er) hatey ekhon Pita khete Hobe shathe.
Old October 26, 2006, 03:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

I love it. Maybe its puraton mod notun bottle e. Atleast bottle tho change hobe. I hope it does. People like Bodruduzza and Oli Ahmed can do a lot better than what two parties got to offer right now. I hope people are fedup enough to make a brave decision to choose someone else this time.
Old October 26, 2006, 04:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

They should try to recruit Yunus. LOL. That would be interesting.
Old October 26, 2006, 04:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Hands Up!!!!

Looks like Oli Ahmed should consider using deodorant. He sweats too much.
Old October 26, 2006, 04:44 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

AFAIK, not all these politicians were members of "BNP" but different parties of the coalition, and I think most of these individuals have guarateed seats in their constituency, so they probably don't feel the need to be under the shadow of some major party or coalition. B.Chowdhury was already a gonner, Oli Ahmed was going sooner or later.. I think all these "dissident" and "reject" politicians should name their party the All Bangladesh Rejects

Anyway this probably won't have any long term impact on BNP, but sure might confuse the public. As long as AL doesn't come to power, Bangladesh can hope to see another day.

Last edited by Hatebreed; October 26, 2006 at 04:57 PM..
Old October 26, 2006, 04:54 PM
Cricket Legend

In fact, this formation of LDP has given a sharp turn in todays politics, when AL are preparing for an anarchy against the new caretaker government and BNP are preparing for a muscle show. I'm lovin it.
Old October 26, 2006, 05:01 PM
Chief Moderator

I think BNP will come to power again this time. AL is not ready for the election and even under neutral care taker govt I don't see any hope for AL and they are well aware of this. Well, I don't want to see BNP again but AL is not the solution either.

Old October 26, 2006, 05:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal

Hands Up!!!!

Looks like Oli Ahmed should consider using deodorant. He sweats too much.
what makes you think he doesnt use deo? Were you present there to smell him. I thought you are a an NRB who has long left the country !!!!
Old October 26, 2006, 05:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahriyar
what makes you think he doesnt use deo? Were you present there to smell him. I thought you are a an NRB who has long left the country !!!!
Look at the underarm area in the picture. It shows he is sweating. When there is smoke ususally there is a fire. You don't need to smell in person. What you need to do is just use commen sense.