facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 28, 2006, 08:55 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Prospect of shifting Cricket back to Bangabondhu stadium

A few days ago Awami League held a press conference and detailed their POA for sports development in the country if they were to come to power.

Here is the link:
http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/10/21/d61021040231.htm

I draw your attention to the following excerpts:

"Bangabandhu National Stadium was the home of cricket but only for political reasons, they abandoned the worldwide famous cricket venue ignoring the peoples' sentiment. Their bid to turn the Mirpur Stadium, built for football and athletics, into a cricket stadium is nothing but an attempt to make money for the board officials. For their indiscretion, there is not a single international cricket venue in the capital.

"If we get the chance, we promise to bring all irregularities and corruption under justice and run sports with an open mind. We want to re-establish democracy in the federations and organisations. We also wish to build more infrastructure to provide facilities to sportsmen across the country," Kader said adding that they would build a complete athletics stadium and complex.
He said that the Bangabandhu Stadium would be made a national heritage where international football and cricket would be played."

The bolded bit has got me worried. Whatever the reason for getting Mirpur Stadium as the permanent home of cricket surely in the interest of the game any new elected government is not going to abandon a project of this scale halfway to completion? Let us be rational. I don't buy this argument that Bongobondhu stadium is a historic venue and this should trump every other arguement. There is more to cricket than just those cricket matches. We desperately needed a permanent home of cricket where pitches will be available through out the year, the facilities will be appropriate to the game and where cricketers can be trained and groomed all year round. Mirpur Stadium fits the bill in my opinion. What do you think is the most appropriate course of action should there be a change of hands at the political level?

In the event powerchanges hands the new admin should:

1) Keep Mirpur stadium as the home of cricket in the best interests of the game.

2) Change the name of Mirpur stadium to Bongobondhu Stadium and call it even!

3) Keep Mirpur stadium as the home of cricket but also host international matches at the Bongobondhu Stadium.

Last edited by Zobair; October 28, 2006 at 09:04 AM..

Old October 28, 2006, 09:44 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan

This is another pathetic attempt by this retard jalil to earn some votes. Why do they always have to involve cricket with politics? Football can have BNS.We should forget about that and develop Mirpur Stadium to be exclusively for cricket.
Old October 28, 2006, 11:32 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

They just want "BANGABANDHU" to become the image of Bangladesh cricket, instead of being forward-thinking in constructing a renewed, world-class facility for the 2nd most popular sport in the world. BNS is located in jam-packed section of the town, the traffic conditions, environment and already crowded situation is not suitable for thousands of people to attend a game. It would have been debatable if BNP wanted to rename Mirpur Stadium "Zia National Stadium".
Old October 28, 2006, 11:37 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

It would be a step backward. Again the unnecessary football-cricket chaos for BNS.

IMO, we need to concentrate on Mirpur Stadium and at best we can name stands of Mirpur Stadium with Bangabandhu or Zia as our political bigots only knows about naming.
Old October 28, 2006, 12:24 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

First and foremost, Bangabandhu can't be used only for cricket. Football will always create problem. Pitches won't be available for whole year. This shared resource isn't good for cricket.

They have to read the article on BC about Mirpur stadium. If they can provide all these facilites in Bangabandhu including "only for Cricket usage" then they can move back to Bangabandhu
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old October 28, 2006, 02:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

For the whole time that Bangabandhu stadium has been used for cricket, have you seen many developments in other cricket stadiums? I think the move to stop hosting any cricket matches in Bangabandhu shifted the focus to other places, including Fatullah and the ones in Chittagong and I think Khulna (or wherever they have ICC approved venues now).

Also, Bangabandhu stadium isn't a perfect location for hosting matches. It's packed, and there's traffic jams that you should consider. The shift of venues will now move the traffic to other parts of Dhaka and outside Dhaka. I see this as a strategic move, not a tactical move to oppress other political parties.
Old October 28, 2006, 03:14 PM
Cricket Sage

I thought almost everyone in BC was crying foul when they decided to move cricket out of Bangabandhu stadium? I need to dig into past posts. Some people asked for pitition, some for hartal, etc...

So what happened? So why the sentiment changed so quickly? Is this because of Jalil? shee ke atoii opangteyoo?

btw I really hate No-good Jalil, But I see the BC reaction, its kind of interesting.

Last edited by Fazal; October 28, 2006 at 03:29 PM..
Old October 29, 2006, 07:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

It was the report of Billah bhai that have shifted the balance. We are ready for the best venue in South Asia. 1st thing Dav Watemore wanted after coming to BD was a stadium with a modern facilities (training etc.). Mirpur stadium can give us that. However, I was worried about the slowness of the project completion from the start because of our worthless politicians.
Old October 29, 2006, 08:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

keep banghabandhu stadium as home of cricket and let mirpur host the matches
Old October 29, 2006, 09:03 AM
Test Cricketer

these damn poiliticians need a gonodholai.
Old October 29, 2006, 11:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

It is not pertinent whther cricket has the Dhaka stadium or the mirpur stadium as its home. What is important that cricket has one stadium solely for cricket and cricket only. First of all it was a mistake to move cricket out fo the dhaka stadium given the history. If it were to me I would have made dhaka stadium the home of cricket and given mirpur to football for good. But now that the move has been made and the mirpur stadium is renovated to suit cricket I would like to see cricket stick here and football stick to dhaka stadium. This musical chair over the home of crikcet would only move our cricket backwards. We dont need to play cricket at the dhaka stadium anymore.
This is just one more reason to not vote for Al. A bunch of morons is what the Al consists of mostly, barring a few.
Old October 29, 2006, 12:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

There comes the 'Jatir pita' era again....can't you gouys remember that 'Jatir pIta' days? BNP, AL are all the same....I am tired!
Old October 29, 2006, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I thought almost everyone in BC was crying foul when they decided to move cricket out of Bangabandhu stadium? I need to dig into past posts. Some people asked for pitition, some for hartal, etc...

So what happened? So why the sentiment changed so quickly? Is this because of Jalil? shee ke atoii opangteyoo?

btw I really hate No-good Jalil, But I see the BC reaction, its kind of interesting.

We, the BC members are progressive, therefore, ideas and thoughts change along with time! Sometimes, belief too!!
Old October 29, 2006, 12:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

if AL comes to power, then say goodbye to Mirpur.
Old October 29, 2006, 06:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
We, the BC members are progressive, therefore, ideas and thoughts change along with time! Sometimes, belief too!!
No doubt about that. Actually we are so innovative about showing our progressiveness that its too cute for my taste. Aditionally looks like we focus too much about the messenger rather than the message itself. Itn't it even cuter than a barbie doll?
Old October 29, 2006, 07:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

if AL wants to move back to BNS, #@&% the AL

#OneTeam1Dream

Last edited by al Furqaan; October 29, 2006 at 07:09 PM.. Reason: too rated R
Old October 29, 2006, 07:28 PM

Quote:
No doubt about that. Actually we are so innovative about showing our progressiveness that its too cute for my taste. Aditionally looks like we focus too much about the messenger rather than the message itself. Itn't it even cuter than a barbie doll?
Fazal bhai: You judge now wheather is it cuter than a barbie or not!

Old October 29, 2006, 07:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Fazal bhai: You judge now wheather is it cuter than a barbie or not!
She is ok. But I rather prefer Halal Barbie, I mean Fulla...

Last time when I visited Morocco, I bought Fulla Dolls for my neice.
Old October 29, 2006, 08:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

how on earth does he do it. for every occasion fazal has pictures......
Old October 29, 2006, 08:19 PM
Cricket Legend

We need both of them for cricket, because BNS is the original and historic home of cricket and Mirpur stadium is being converted into a modern cricket ground with a lot of cricketing facilities. Football can be shifted to another stadium somewhere in Khilgaon and Fatullah. Let BNS and Mirpur both belong to BCB.
But when somebody says that BNS will be for both cricket and football, then it is nothing but for political gain only, because this will never give a solution, even during the regime of both the major parties.
Old October 29, 2006, 09:50 PM

Quote:
She is ok. But I rather prefer Halal Barbie, I mean Fulla...

Last time when I visited Morocco, I bought Fulla Dolls for my neice.
Boss... burkha porlei je halal hoye jay...jantam na!It's like coke-er bottle-a vodka!!
Old October 30, 2006, 02:09 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al-hassan

These idiots politicians should not even talk about cricket at all. I 'm at a loss when I heard the news from JALIL's big mouth. Both JALIL and LOBI are bunch of idiots. We need Saber, Ashraful Haq, Mahmudur Rahman and all other well educated cricket personal who does have vision for cricket. Stupid politicians, Please keep cricket from your damn politics !!!!!!
Old October 30, 2006, 03:22 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

[]... i mean CUTE..... damn you Fazal bhai!

Last edited by Zobair; October 30, 2006 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: Lets not go there :) G-rated forum remember?
Old October 30, 2006, 03:50 AM

AL and Hasina making 'Bangabandhu' a 'Bangashotru' at best, pure losers! Like to hear from Mr. Saber, how on earth it's good for BD cricket.

Quote:
"If we get the chance, we promise to bring all irregularities and corruption under justice and run sports with an open mind. We want to re-establish democracy in the federations and organisations. We also wish to build more infrastructure to provide facilities to sportsmen across the country," Kader said adding that they would build a complete athletics stadium and complex.
Bring 'democracy' in AL first!! before big mouthing on other organizations. All their desire is to put big picture of 'Bangabandhu' & Hasina at the top of stadium, removing Zia & Khaleda, whereas none of cricket fans give a damn for that matter.
Old October 30, 2006, 06:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

abar shuru hoilo tanatani. if AL wins this election, there will be no matches in Bogra for sure