facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 4, 2006, 01:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Default DS: NCL from Nov 9

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) yesterday announced the six divisional squads for the Ispahani Mirzapore Tea eighth National Cricket League (NCL) which begins on November 9 across the country.

Like last season the national selectors, led by Faruque Ahmed, picked six teams to ensure a balanced tournament.

The selected players of Chitta-gong, Khulna, Sylhet and Rajshahi have been asked to report at their respective Divisional Stadiums at 9am on November 6 while Dhaka and Barisal players at the Dhanmondi Cricket Stadium at 9am and 3pm respectively.

DHAKA: Al Shahriar, Uttam Kumar, Nadif Chowdhury, Marshal Ayub, Shamsur Rahman, Arafat Sunny, Sajjad Kabir, Mahmudullah Riyad, Mosharaf Hossain, Mohammad Sharif, Talha Jubair, Mohammad Azam, Anwar Hossain Monir, Mohammad Shakil, Zabid Hossain, Javed Omar, Mohammad Ashraful, Mohammad Rafique, Mehrab Hossain Jr, Shahadat Hossain, Anwar Hossain, Rezaul Islam, Mahbubul Alam. Coach: Sarwar Imran

CHITTAGONG: Ehsanul Haque, Tamim Iqbal, Nazimuddin, Gazi Salahudiin, Faisal Hossain, Sabbir Khan, Dhiman Ghosh, Nadimuddin Mintu, Tareq Aziz Khan, Gazi Alamgir, Kamrul Islam, Ilias Sunny, Sadid Khan, Ashiqur Rahman, Nafis Iqbal, Aftab Ahmed, Debbroto Paul, Saju Dutta, Raihanuddin Arafat and Mahmudul Hassan. Coach: Minhazul Abedin.

KHULNA: Nazmus Sadat, Sajjadul Hasan, Salauddin Ujjal, Shafiul Alam, Mohammad Selim, Sahgir Hossain, Jamal Uddin, Ziaur Rahman, Dollar Mahmud, Shiplu, Monjurul Islam, Mazhar Uddin, Asadullah Khan, Humayun Kabir, Fahim Muntasir, Sadiq Khan, Nasir Hossain, Manjarul Islam Rana, Tushar Imran, Habibul Bashar, Mashrafee Bin Mortuza, Sakib Al Hasan, Abdur Razzak and Syed Rasel. Coach: Abdul Hadi Ratan.

RAJSHAHI: Naeem Islam, Zahirul Islam, Hasanuzzaman, Farhad Hossain, Anisur Rahman, Mushfiqur Rahman, Rezaul Islam, Zunaid Siddeque, Shafaq Al-Jaber, Mohammad Shahajada, Alamgir Kabir, Sumon Saha, Sohrawardi Shuvo, Arif Hossain, Arif Reza, Mohammad Nirala, Mahbub Alam Mustaquim, Rafiqul Islam, Khaled Mashud, Forhad Reza and Mushfiqur Rahim. Coach: Wahidul Gani.

SYLHET: Golam Rahman, Imtiaz Hossain, Ejaj Ahmed, Alok Kapali, Golam Mowla, Golam Mabud, Sirajullah Khadem, Mohammad Rana, Ahmed Saqiqur Rahman, Rezaul Haque, Hasibul Hossain, Zakwan Ahmed, Enamul Haque (Jr.), Nazmul Hossain, Nabil Samad, Saif Mahmud, Moniruzzaman, Mitun Ali, Rajin Saleh and Tapash Baisya. Coach: Golam Faruk Suru.

BARISAL: Hannan Sarkar, Imran Ahmed, Nasir Uddin Faruque, Rakibul Hasan, Humayun Kabir, Arman Hossain, Mehdi Hasan, Mohammad Shafen, Ishraq Sonet, Abul Bashar, Sajidul Islam, Arafat Salauddin, Ali Arman, Ahsanullah Hasan, Ariful Haq, Mokhtar Ali, Taposh Ghosh, Lablu Rahman and Shahriar Nafees. Coach: Md. Emdadul Haque.
Old November 4, 2006, 01:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Few notable absentees in this year- Yasin Arafat (who was the second highest wicket taker last NCL), Waskurni Polash, Waseluddin (all Chittagong), and Shaheen Hossain (Barisal). What happened to all those guys ?

I see current U/19 team players (Nadimuddin Mintu, Mahmudul Hassan, Mitun Ali,Mokhtar Ali, Taposh Ghosh etc.) are already being included in different divisional sides.

Few players who changed sides- Nadif moved from Barisal to Dhaka (why ?), Ahsanullah moved Chittagong to Barisal (was not getting chances in Chittagong because of Sabbir, Ilias Sunny, and Yasin), Ashiqur Rahman moved from Sylhet to Chittagong (Sylhet team is crowded with Shanta, Tapash, and Nazmul. On the otherhand Chittagong was lacking a good pacer), and Fahim Muntasir moved from Dhaka to Khulna (Khulna has so many good allrounding spinners, what is his chance to get into the playing eleven ? He might have better luck with Rajshahi or Barisal).
Old November 4, 2006, 02:52 PM
First Class Cricketer

hope Khulna can win the trophy this time....(yeah..I m from there)
Old November 4, 2006, 05:24 PM
Test Cricketer

For players in current BD team: I wish those batsmen having trouble with getting settled in and then could not carry on for bigger innings, will utilize this opportunity to correct themselves. And those with runkhora will get back in form.
Old November 4, 2006, 08:38 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I created the Bangladeshi domestic databases for the cricket simulation "International Test Cricket" by Daniel Thomas (www.cricketgames.com/itc) if anybody has the registered game and wants them just e-mail me at tl_glover AT hotmail.com
Old November 5, 2006, 02:04 AM
ODI Cricketer

Can anybody tell me why the WK pair Pilot and Mushfiq are on the same team? How can they groom Mushfiq if they don't let him keep in the domestic leagues?

Faruk & Co. ki Ganza khcche ritimoto?

I see, they have put Mohammad Selim and Shahgir Hossain in the same team as well.
Old November 5, 2006, 03:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Because Khaled Mashud will at most probably only get to play 1 or 2 domestic matches in the entire season as he will be away on international duty. That would leave Mushfiqur Rahim to play the other 8 or 9 games.
Old November 5, 2006, 08:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudro
I see, they have put Mohammad Selim and Shahgir Hossain in the same team as well.
It does not make sense to me either. Dhaka has three keepers in the team- Sajjad Kadir, Anwar Hossain (Piju), and Zabid Hossain (U/19). On the other hand, Barisal is missing its regular keeper Shahin Hossain (God knows why) and has little known Lablu Rahman to fill in his shoes. It would make lot more sense if one of the better known keepers from Dhaka or Khulna (Anwar, Kadir, Selim, or Saghir) was switched to Barisal.
Old November 5, 2006, 08:54 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I think Mushfiq will get his fair chance to keep for Rajshahi as BD will be playing few ODI ahead of world cup (Canada/Bermuda).

I don't think BD team management will opt for Mushfiq in the ODI squad ahead of Pilot (which should be) at least up to world cup.
Old November 5, 2006, 11:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
It does not make sense to me either. Dhaka has three keepers in the team- Sajjad Kadir, Anwar Hossain (Piju), and Zabid Hossain (U/19). On the other hand, Barisal is missing its regular keeper Shahin Hossain (God knows why) and has little known Lablu Rahman to fill in his shoes. It would make lot more sense if one of the better known keepers from Dhaka or Khulna (Anwar, Kadir, Selim, or Saghir) was switched to Barisal.
I think wat prompted too many WK in the same team while none on the other is the fact that the players choosen actually belongs to the Division that they are representing. I guess that makes sense.

Off topic... On pen and paper Dhaka looks the strongest... but the chances are more that the Division that have more players from the A team will be champions. Since National cricketers hardly get to participate in the NCL.
Old November 5, 2006, 12:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I think faruq should have picked the pool of 6*15 players and the last year champions and by the last year ranking should have get the chance call for the players. In this way team would whom to call and whom to leave. players/team will try to win matches and etc etc.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old November 5, 2006, 06:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Nice... the teams look good... hopefully this time we will have good pitches, better games and lots of action.
Old November 5, 2006, 06:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Few notable absentees in this year- Yasin Arafat (who was the second highest wicket taker last NCL), Waskurni Polash, Waseluddin (all Chittagong), and Shaheen Hossain (Barisal). What happened to all those guys ?
Yasin Arafat and Polash is level 2 chucker and can't bowl in the leauges anymore. Also, Jamal Babu, one of our very few offspinner is in the list. Sad.