facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 27, 2006, 07:04 PM
BC Editorial Team

Default অর্নব এর(Arnab's) new CD - for music lovers

Fellow music lovers

How many of you listen to Arnab (the guitarist, sometime vocalist, and main man behind the band "Bangla")? His first, self-titled album was IMHO one of the highest quality albums to come out of Bangladesh; I have shada friends who don't understand Bangla ask about it.

Now I hear his sophomore effort is doing well. Who has purchased it? What do you think? I've heard one track (মেঘ বাস্প ছাদ something) and it seems nice. I'm hoping it will be an improvement on Bangla's 2nd essay - the overly বাউল্istic album that seems to contain a lot of talking.

Also if any of you lot play guitar, I'd be happy to engage in chords discussions

Old November 27, 2006, 07:40 PM
ODI Cricketer

Razab, Saeed just gave me a copy... it is starting to sink in.
Old November 27, 2006, 08:49 PM
First Class Cricketer

Is the number "She je boshe ache eka eka...." originally composed by Arnab? I heard the Tahsan's version, and it's brilliant.....looking forward to Arnab's new numbers in MP3 from some site.....
Old November 27, 2006, 09:39 PM
Cricket Legend

yes his 2nd album Hok Kolorob is as good as his first one. But for some reason I found it too similar. The first track bakshe bakshe and hok kolorob is worth mentioning. Actually the whole album is good with that soft mellow bangla tune on.

Listen to the album Bujcho by Prayer Hall,A new band with Arnab, Shahana (Arnab's wife), Anusheh as guest singers. Another recommendation would be Yaatri's Daak, their songs are probably inspired by Arnab and the vocal sounds quite like Arnab.
Old November 27, 2006, 09:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalifa
Is the number "She je boshe ache eka eka...." originally composed by Arnab? I heard the Tahsan's version, and it's brilliant.....looking forward to Arnab's new numbers in MP3 from some site.....
Tahsan's Version !! Tahsan never covered this song. Arnab originally composed this song for a natok that centered Tahsan's band Black, and Tahsan & co acted on that natok.
Old November 27, 2006, 10:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Thanks, guys. Please keep buying my albums.
Old November 27, 2006, 11:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

shey je boshey ace is my fav bangla songs. i will try to get the album tomorrow. i will ask for the chords after listening to the album
Old November 27, 2006, 11:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnab
Thanks, guys. Please keep buying my albums.
Sad. Basking in your namesake's glory.... shame on you
Old November 27, 2006, 11:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbar
Sad. Basking in your namesake's glory.... shame on you
See, I always thought that I would be the most famous Arnab in the world (given how few of us Arnabs I encountered when I was young). Nothing on that singer dude from Shantiniketon, but really, writing putuputu romantic songs for "young adults" is the cheapest way to fame. Nothing glorious about it.
Old November 27, 2006, 11:45 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I almost thought our own Arnab released his long-awaited solo album- "An Opera Story".... hey it's never too late!
Old November 27, 2006, 11:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
I almost thought our own Arnab released his long-awaited solo album- "An Opera Story".... hey it's never too late!
Well, originality doesn't require PR evangelism. But I can see why an FF evangelist could think of that sort of a thing.

PS. I am using FF at the moment, to test out this greasemonkey thing.
Old November 27, 2006, 11:56 PM
Cricket Legend

I listen to 'bangla' and the last album that I listened was 'prottotponnomoti', has Arnab gone out of Bangla?

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old November 27, 2006, 11:59 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Well, originality doesn't require PR evangelism. But I can see why an FF evangelist could think of that sort of a thing.

PS. I am using FF at the moment, to test out this greasemonkey thing.
Why not, every copy of FF you download I'll receive a banana!
Old November 28, 2006, 12:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Why not, every copy of FF you download I'll receive a banana!
Alright, let's stop hijacking the thread.

PS. Opera >> FF. But I wonder who will come up with what tablane provides already. Windows within the browser window instead of viewing things one tab at a time. I really need that functionality to "multitask my browsing experience."
Old November 28, 2006, 12:22 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Alright, let's stop hijacking the thread.

PS. Opera >> FF. But I wonder who will come up with what tablane provides already. Windows within the browser window instead of viewing things one tab at a time. I really need that functionality to "multitask my browsing experience."
Let's do that without another '>>' contrast.

Anyhoo, I wana listen to Arnab's album.. anybody know a site where I can listen to samples first?
Old November 28, 2006, 12:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Anyhoo, I wana listen to Arnab's album.. anybody know a site where I can listen to samples first?
I usually get it from www.mybanglamusic.com but don't know if it's out there yet. As Arnab bhai said about his own music (what an irony) that it's putuputu type, I refuse to try it. Subway train e boshe Artcell er gan shunte actually heavy moja
Old November 28, 2006, 12:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

You can download the songs of Arnab's new album from here... Since, Arnab is already here i hope he won't be mad at for copy right infringement.

download link >>
Old November 28, 2006, 12:35 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir
I usually get it from www.mybanglamusic.com but don't know if it's out there yet. As Arnab bhai said about his own music (what an irony) that it's putuputu type, I refuse to try it. Subway train e boshe Artcell er gan shunte actually heavy moja
I've actually listened to only one song by Arnab, 'shey jey boshe achhe'... it's not my type of music either but I'm curious what's all the hype about.. Thanks for the link, I actually download music from there, namely Artcell as you mentioned. Icons and Black are great too
Old November 28, 2006, 12:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
You can download the songs of Arnab's new album from here... Since, Arnab is already here i hope he won't be mad at for copy right infringement.

download link >>
No please, be my guest. I am having a lot of fun enjoying the attention from my beautiful, internet-savvy, download-happy teenage groupies. Let's hope my wife doesn't read these forums.
Old November 28, 2006, 05:22 AM
BC Editorial Team

Eh, trust Arnab to hijack the Arnab thread. Dude you are married? When did this happen? HOW did this happen? Seems like only a little while ago you were eyeing nubile lab partners or something.

As for lutoputo love songs, the music is beyond reproach. E.g. in চাইনা ভাবিস the way it builds up the bass on the খয়রী সবুজ নীলচে হলুদ কমলা কালো, কেমন করে বলছে কথা বাসছে ভালো you expect a big drums chorus, only you get this anti-climatic তবলা.

Anyways, this is the one I've fully worked out. বসে আছে একা একা chords are all over the net.

হারিয়ে গিয়েছি
G C Cadd9 D variation
হারিয়ে গিয়েছি এইতো জরুরী খবর,
অবাক দুই চোখে ছায়া কাঁপে ভয়ে অভিমানে
হারিয়ে যাওয়ার নিয়ম নেই এখানে,
হারাবো বলে পা টিপে এগোতে গেলেই
গোটা শহর বাতি জ্বেলে সতর্ক,
পায়ে পায়ে হারাবার জায়গা খুজে মরি
G Cadd9 G D
কোথাও নেই ঝুমঝুম অন্ধকার, তক্ষক ডাকা নিশুতিতে
G Cadd9 D
রুপকথা শুনে শিউরে উঠেনা গা
স্বপ্নে আমার শরীরে কেউ ছড়ায় না শিউলি ফুল,
আলোর আকাশ নুয়ে এসে ছোঁয়না কপাল
হারিয়ে যায়নি তবু এটাই জরুরী খবর,
আকাঙ্খা আর হতাশায় হারিয়ের যাওয়ার কোনো মানে নেই
নিবিড় ঘরে আধো আলো বিশ্বাসে,
বুকের গভীড়ে কার যেন ডাক আসে
যদি কোনদিন ঝরে যায় অন্ধকার,
ভালোবাসা ধুয়ে দেয় গোটা মুখ আমার
দু’চোখে স্বপ্ন ভরে দিয়ে কেউ
যদি কোনদিন অটুট বিশ্বাসে ৷
Old November 28, 2006, 06:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Eh, trust Arnab to hijack the Arnab thread. Dude you are married? When did this happen? HOW did this happen? Seems like only a little while ago you were eyeing nubile lab partners or something.
Well, my celebrity namesake is married. And I happened to have spoken with his wife once at my workplace. She's a friend of my former colleague. I saw her once again a long time after, and guess what? She could remember my name!

I seem to have all these weird celebrity connections. Back before "Hasan" became popular, I used to play badminton on his Lalmatiar bashar chhad. He used to sing khola golay at the top of his voice at midnight to "develop" his vocal prowess, much to the annoyance of his neighbors. Back before "Tahsan" became popular, he was my batchmate at St Joseph's for eight years.

I think it's only a matter of time before I become one as well. The cream must rise to the top. Eventually.
Old November 28, 2006, 10:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Well, my celebrity namesake is married. And I happened to have spoken with his wife once at my workplace. She's a friend of my former colleague. I saw her once again a long time after, and guess what? She could remember my name!

I seem to have all these weird celebrity connections. Back before "Hasan" became popular, I used to play badminton on his Lalmatiar bashar chhad. He used to sing khola golay at the top of his voice at midnight to "develop" his vocal prowess, much to the annoyance of his neighbors. Back before "Tahsan" became popular, he was my batchmate at St Joseph's for eight years.

I think it's only a matter of time before I become one as well. The cream must rise to the top. Eventually.
Arnab bhai...I'm surprised she didn't confuse you with her hubby

I konw what you mean man. These celebrity connections...always weird. Jahan in Black was my ostad in guitar...we used to be at his place all the time...btw, he's more talented than the group as a whole shows in its performance. John (Black) is my friend's brother...that friend is James, who's now playing in Stentorian (heard they're a new craze in BD). Because of connections with Black, I used to play pool with Ershad (Artcell) at DBC sometimes.

But regardless of previous connections, due their current fame, they'll all fail to recognize me!!! Bummer!
Old November 28, 2006, 04:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Arnab is THE MAN. Hok kolorob...
Old November 28, 2006, 09:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Another interesting album came out recently from a new group called "Prayer Hall" featuring vocalist Punam, keyboardist Kushal, guitarist Saad & singer-composer Arnob, released their debut album titled "Bujhcho?!"

The album, containing 10 tracks, tells their story, the story that began when the group met and were inspired to do the album to begin with. They are also supplemented by a talented horde of guest artists like Anusheh, Shahana Bazpai and others that provide lyrics, instruments and back-up vocals to the album.

Download it from here
PS: no offense amadergaan bhai!!!
Old November 29, 2006, 03:04 AM
BC Editorial Team

Default this is great ...

Going to Dhaka in jan Inshallah and I'm getting a nice little list of CDs I have to purchase. Somehow I don't feel like pirating and ripping off the deshi shilpis. They have it bad as is without us probashis (for whom a typical CD would be $2-$3) also stiffing em.