facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 11, 2007, 12:28 AM
ODI Cricketer

hmm sony and nintendo side by side ...
though BD only has ps2
Old January 11, 2007, 12:53 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by omio
OMG,
This game is really worst one I have ever seen,
I just put some of them name-
hanan sarkar- hanin sakir
mohammod asharaul- mahbub asral
yeah, even some of the famous names are screwed up (e.g. sachin tendulkar = something really weird) but mahbub asral? oh man that's hillarious.

still waiting for the BL '07 release.
Old January 11, 2007, 12:56 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

noone mentioned Sim City 3000 unlimited for the PC?
Old January 11, 2007, 01:37 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
noone mentioned Sim City 3000 unlimited for the PC?
hmm forgot the simcities and sims .

Asif Bhai do you guys make video games in Waterloo too?
Old February 17, 2007, 12:46 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Anyone looking forward to God of War II? It's already got 9.7 press rating and it looks bloody awesome!

The game comes out on PS2, at March 13 in US, and 30 in the Europe. If you haven't played the first game already I suggest you do coz you're missing out one of the greatest action games ever.

http://uk.ps2.ign.com/articles/763/763624p1.html
http://uk.gamespot.com/ps2/action/go...opslot;title;3
http://uk.ps2.gamespy.com/playstatio.../763910p1.html

There's also rumour GoW is coming to PSP.
Old March 5, 2007, 12:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

best first person shooter game for pc is HALO .. if u havent played this game.. just download the trial version, u can even play online with trial version, its awesome .. check out the link for free demo download..http://www.microsoft.com/games/pc/halo.aspx
Old March 5, 2007, 01:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

For what it's worth...
Old nintendo fan. Mortal Kombat II, Mario Brothers, Mario Cart. But the best has to be two player Tetris. If any game is an addiction then this is it. In my sleep I use strategize how to kick rear of the opponents and they did them the same.

Bura anggul'er kor porey emon hoisilo jey likthey partam na.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; March 16, 2007 at 04:42 PM..
Old March 5, 2007, 07:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Halo is pretty fun playing with your friends in multiplayer. I love God of War It's challenging + fun + Great Graphics + Great Plot all in one.
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old March 7, 2007, 02:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

i play only cricket games
Old March 8, 2007, 05:17 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Sony to launch Virtual Gaming Community on PS3

Sony Keynote at GDC 07

Full Press Release
Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) today announced the unveiling of a first-of-its-kind 3D online user community service for the PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system. The service, known as “Home,” will enable users to create their own avatar and explore a real-time virtual community, as if they are playing a detailed 3D game for PS3. The service will become available globally beginning in fall 2007.

Home will be demonstrated at the Game Developer’s Conference (GDC) in San Francisco, California on March 7 as a key element of SCEI Worldwide Studios’ President Phil Harrison’s keynote presentation titled “Game 3.0: Developing and Creating for the 3rd Age of Videogames.”

Home is a real-time online 3D, networked community available on the PLAYSTATION®Network. It allows PS3 users to interact, communicate, join online games, shop, share private content and even build and show off their own personal spaces to others in real time. Home will be available as a free download from the PLAYSTATION®Store and will launch directly from XMB™ (XrossMediaBar) on PS3.

With an avatar uniquely customized according to each user’s preference, users can explore the 3D community that is Home – a sleek, modern environment featuring spacious common areas; custom spaces dedicated to specific games; and personal apartments. Each user is assigned an apartment in Home where they can invite others to join them as they show off their own style in an area they can personalize themselves with furniture, art and other items – even a different view from their windows. They can also show their personal video, pictures and other digital media content found on their PS3 hard drives in their apartments. Very rich interactive communication with others is achieved through built in text, audio and video chat, along with sophisticated emotional animations for each character.

Sharing continues in the “Hall of Fame,” where users can display new 3D trophies that will be unlocked through in-game milestones for the games they own as well viewing the trophies of other users across the PLAYSTATION Network and for other games they’ve yet to purchase.

“This is a significant step forward in the area of user community services and emergent entertainment experiences,” said Izumi Kawanishi, Corporate Executive and CTO Software, SCEI. “While the 3D graphics demonstrate the power of PS3 and the PLAYSTATION Network, the most impressive feature in Home is the variety of ways in which multiple consumers, as well as our third-party partners, can experience the next generation of communication by interacting and sharing among each other. I feel strongly that this unique blend of community, user-generated content, collaboration and commerce will expand the future of computer entertainment.”

Home will go into a closed beta test this spring with a full launch targeted for later this year. By having a broad range of business partners participate in Home – from 3rd party publishers and developers to brands outside traditional gaming categories - along with a powerful selection of upcoming game software titles for PS3, SCEI will continue to expand the horizons of networked entertainment and vigorously promote PS3 as the next generation computer entertainment platform.

Impending death of XBL and Mii? I sure think so.

Also check out this damn cute, fun, and innovative game called Little Big Planet:

Looks like Sony is catching up fast. Europe launch only weeks away and major titles are on the way. It's only a matter of time PS3 gives 360/Wii the boot and takes its rightful place at the top.
Old March 16, 2007, 12:04 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Sony’s PS3 lets you fight cancer@home

The awesome power of Sony’s ‘Cell Broadband Engine’ is being put to use to save the world – or at least save humans affected by cancers, cystic fibrosis, Parkinson’s or Alzheimer’s disease – could it be the first time a console has been used to do genuine good?

The PS3’s Cell chip, officially entitled the ‘Cell Broadband Engine’, has an awesome amount of power, and when connected to the Internet, can have some of that power used to solve some of our most compelling and pressing medical problems. Read more>>

Old March 16, 2007, 03:29 PM
ODI Cricketer

halo pc version best game ever !!!! i will never get tired of this game !! specially when u play online!!!
Old March 17, 2007, 05:28 PM
Street Cricketer

thinking of picking up a wii in the summer or later, anyone here got a wii?

NPD: Nintendo Rules February Sales

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158048

February's NPD hardware figures continue to show Nintendo's Wii selling well ahead of the other Gen Now consoles, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. In February, Nintendo's $249.99 Wii sold 335k units according to the NPD group. Microsoft's Xbox 360 sold 228k units at roughly $389 per system sold across the two SKUs. Sony's PlayStation 3 sold 127k units at roughly $598 per system sold.

god of war 2 rules!

Last edited by rbt; March 17, 2007 at 06:58 PM..
Old March 17, 2007, 09:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

i had one sold it for 400 bucks after a month.
Old March 17, 2007, 09:33 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

PS2 is still kicking 360's butt.

Quote:
Domestically, the Xbox 360 sold around 228,000, while Sony saw its older hardware outselling newer offerings. The PlayStation 2 moved 295,000 units. - GS
Old March 18, 2007, 11:50 AM
ODI Cricketer

I am huge fan of Video games

Mostly play 1st person shooting and sports game
Got 3 consoles.
Xbox 360 - Fav games: Perfect Dark Zero, Gears of War, G.R.A.W, NHL 07
PS2 - Call of Duty 2, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, Resident Evil 4
N64 - GoldenEye 007 and Perfect Dark

Not a big fan of portable gaming (ie PSP)
I like an escalator, man, 'cause an escalator can never break. It can only become stairs. There would never be an "Escalator Temporarily Out of Order" sign, only "Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the Convenience."
Old March 18, 2007, 04:37 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

PS3’s European Launch to Reignite the Battle of Gaming Consoles?
Quote:
In total, Microsoft has sold 5.1 million of its consoles, while both Nintendo and Sony have yet to reach the 2-million mark for either of their gaming machines.

The markets Sony is ready to be launched on March 23 are vast enough to absorb the millions of Play Station 3 consoles, provided Sony doesn’t face production difficulties once more.

Also, European gamers may have another reason to buy a PS3. At GDC 2007, Sony has announced a customizable, networked community service for the console, in which users will be able to navigate in 3D while being represented by avatars. It is the first practical step of a new gaming concept Sony calls Game 3.0, together with LittleBigPlanet, a community-based game where users play, create and share what they build.

Sony's 'Home' for PS3 users appears to be a mix of SecondLife and Nintendo's Mii. However, the avatars don't look like cartoon figures. They are very customizable and designed to look like real life humans. Fortunately, you get some free clothes when you start out, so your avatar doesn't have to run around naked. If you want to be more chic, just buy a few clothes online. Players can communicate via voice, text chat (supported by a USB keyboard or a virtual keyboard) and through canned speech and gesture. The environment looks like a luxury resort.

The first (closed) beta testing phase will take place from April to August, and will host around 15,000 users. The next (open) beta will allow for some 50,000 users, and will continue from August until October - when the Home service is planned to go live.

As you can see, Sony has every chance of regaining its lost position as long as the European launch proceeds well. If it doesn’t…the battle of the consoles could very well be a battle between Microsoft and Nintendo.

- Playfuls
Old March 21, 2007, 05:56 PM
Street Cricketer

Im enjoying playing my Playastation 3, wii and xbox 360
Old April 14, 2007, 11:20 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

VR/3D Controller for PS3

Lately Virtual Reality/3D game control devices have been all the rage. Wii Remote or various VR gloves come to mind.

But while Wii Remote is good at tracking your 3D hand movements, basically that’s it. VR Gloves can capture a wider array of control gestures, but they are very inconvenient to use. Just think of putting them on and off everytime you want to play a game.

What if you could have a device that is as easy to use as Wii Remote, but could capture all you palm, finger and hand movements? Wouldn’t it be cool?

Sony thinks so too and may soon have a 3D PS3 game controller to prove it. At least that’s what their patent application for “Hand-held computer interactive device” describes:

This 3D game controller is designed to be held in your hands, is able to capture all your palm and finger movements and transmit them as commands to your PS3 or Vaio PC. You can pick up and manipulate various objects on screen just by squeezing and relaxing your fingers.

The device is even able to give you a tactile feedback. That is, you will be able to “feel” when you pick up or press something on the screen.

Add to it a few gyroscopes and 3D hand motion detection technology described in previous Sony patents and they may have a perfect 3D game controller for your PS3 soon.

- Unwired View
Old April 14, 2007, 11:25 PM
Cricket Legend

how much do i have to pay for that gizmo???
Old April 14, 2007, 11:35 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

All I know is Sony patented the technology and it's possibly in development. I think it's a great step forward in gaming technology.
Old April 14, 2007, 11:41 PM
Cricket Legend

it sounds great. but price is a factor they should keep in mind.
Old April 14, 2007, 11:45 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Obviously. More importantly, they should stick to traditional controls so that gamers aren't forced to buy it to play a certain game. In all likelihood, this will be an additional peripheral.
Old April 15, 2007, 12:05 AM
Cricket Legend

i think the reason ps3 is so expensive and high tech because this might be the only console from sony in the next ten years.they might come out with a psp2. they want ps3 to be there for a long time.
i think the next gen from nintendo after wii will come out in 5-6 years. couple of gameboys and ds versions in the mean time.

and xbox360 is probably here for 7-8 years.
Old April 15, 2007, 12:11 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

PS2 is still doing well, even beating next-gen consoles in some countries, so I don't see why PS3 can't do the same as long as there are compelling games and slashed price in the future.