facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 14, 2017, 05:49 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sabbir,Brendan Taylor,TI
Default What Car Should I get

Deciding on Buying a Car in Australia, can spend anything from 40k to 35k, preferably luxury brand..... Anyone have any experience, with a used 2015-2016 Mercedes C200 series, Or have any general information on the reliability of German made cars, I heard that its not great!

Interested in the Lexus IS series as well found a used 2016 model with just 10000 KMs

Old February 14, 2017, 09:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

Depends on which model/mileage you are looking at to buy. You cant just put all German made cars under one umbrella.

From my experience, owning a car also has an element of luck. 2 people I know bought the same model VW, but one had judder issues while the others didnt.

Personally I dont like the designs of the C class for the last 5 years. Especially the ones where they had the 4 spoke steering wheel. Their dash board and interior in the 15/16 model is quite good looking.

The BMW 3 series is a great car and good value for money for the same competiting price range. their exterior designs are better. However I hate the large steering wheels which they have in their standard models and their dash board is even worse as its so simple. Their navigation system is the best.

Audi A4 is the worst value for money among the 3 as they can be quite expensive and you get less for your money. The interior is normally the best out of the 3.

With all 3 cars, maintenance can be quite high. But then again it all depends on luck.

Personally I wouldnt go for a Lexus IS as it doesnt look that nice and its not as fun to drive as a BWW/Merc, and the front grill doesnt take my fancy.

I would suggest you look at the reviews on the internet before you buy.
Old February 14, 2017, 10:23 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Toyota Corolla. Decent car with a great value. Will last you a lifetime!
Old February 14, 2017, 10:28 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Don't listen to Mufi. He gives bad advice. Me on the other hand....

Kia mini vaan. You will thank me later. I mean down the road. I mean years from now when you will produce babies day and night (din ar raat). Invest now. You will still have some change to spare. May be go for an ice-cream night out in 2024 when the rug-rats grow a little.
Old February 14, 2017, 10:47 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Don't listen to TE bhai. He gives only shangsharik advice.

Do not have kids. Do not get married. Enjoy your single life. Drive around in Toyota Corolla and you will impress plenty of ladies.
Old February 14, 2017, 11:28 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
... Drive around in Toyota Corolla and you will impress plenty of ladies.

I rest my case.

The only Toyota would let you score (Beavis and Butthead) is Supra.
Old February 14, 2017, 12:02 PM
Cricket Legend

One tip when you take a test drive if you can: see how the car handles a steep incile going upwards. Stop and turn engine off at the middle of the incline. Start the car again.
Old February 14, 2017, 06:22 PM
First Class Cricketer

get a toyota/mitsubishi/honda..you maintain these cars properly, they are bullet proof, will last a lifetime.

european cars will suck the life out of you for as long as you have it in terms of maintenance and upkeep.

if you're going to buy european, make sure you sus out of their manufacturing centres in aust, ease of parts replacement and servicing.
Old February 14, 2017, 07:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

I never understood why ppl want you to buy cars that would last lifetime ... I mean do you guys like driving old beat up cars ? ..I think you car should change with a cars major redesign schedule ...

I think it's every 5 years ...

Why would I want to drive a car for 20 years ? That's horrible ... I don't want to drive my current car when I am 50 ....

I think one should change cars every 5 years ...
Old February 15, 2017, 02:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Audis/BMW/Mercedes for 40k?!?!
Old February 15, 2017, 03:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
I never understood why ppl want you to buy cars that would last lifetime ... I mean do you guys like driving old beat up cars ? ..I think you car should change with a cars major redesign schedule ...

I think it's every 5 years ...

Why would I want to drive a car for 20 years ? That's horrible ... I don't want to drive my current car when I am 50 ....

I think one should change cars every 5 years ...
It would be ideal if one can change car after 5 years: but that means you either have to be rich or the model bought was already old and or cheap.

Also the longer you keep a car the more work you need to do on it and some start leeching more fuel oil.

At the end of the day it all depends on ones circumstances though.
Old February 15, 2017, 04:24 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Audis/BMW/Mercedes for 40k?!?!
Obv Used looking at the 2014-2015 Range though
Old February 15, 2017, 04:29 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
It would be ideal if one can change car after 5 years: but that means you either have to be rich or the model bought was already old and or cheap.

Also the longer you keep a car the more work you need to do on it and some start leeching more fuel oil.

At the end of the day it all depends on ones circumstances though.

My Parents had their toyota corolla for almost 7 years, Being a bangladeshi, they were`nt stingy, but found it no use to upgrade until my brother was born, then we upgraded to a 2009 Toyota Kluger, Hopefully in 4 months time they will get the Lexus LX570, GLS or The Volvo XC90

Still deciding between these 3gl
Old February 15, 2017, 04:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Maybe in Bangladesh. But I can tell you in United States any jodu modu can own luxury cars. And most here that drive luxury cars lease them - so they actually drive new cars every 3 years which is not a bad idea.

But if you don't care about luxury, look or anything and just want something to go from point A to point B and survive the longest... I agree getting those basic japanese cars Honda/toyota/ is a good idea. And I would buy them NEW and not old as many ppl suggests if you are planning to keep it forever.

These days they have car loans extended to 7 years.. it's ridiculous. Before standard used to be 3 years only. WIht this extended lending... a lot of the cars look affordable to buy but I think if you are willing to take extended loan like that - it's much better to lease (for luxury cars that is)....
Old February 15, 2017, 04:37 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Maybe in Bangladesh. But I can tell you in United States any jodu modu can own luxury cars. And most here that drive luxury cars lease them - so they actually drive new cars every 3 years which is not a bad idea.

But if you don't care about luxury, look or anything and just want something to go from point A to point B and survive the longest... I agree getting those basic japanese cars Honda/toyota/ is a good idea. And I would buy them NEW and not old as many ppl suggests if you are planning to keep it forever.

These days they have car loans extended to 7 years.. it's ridiculous. Before standard used to be 3 years only. WIht this extended lending... a lot of the cars look affordable to buy but I think if you are willing to take extended loan like that - it's much better to lease (for luxury cars that is)....
Hows the Lexus then, Because mercedes has the features but is apparently very bad on reliability
Old February 15, 2017, 04:41 AM
ODI Cricketer

Lol This is a bargin

This is what Im looking to get
Old February 15, 2017, 04:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

Old February 15, 2017, 04:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

This are the cars im thinking of getting all are between 38k to 40k

2014 C250

Old February 15, 2017, 05:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Hows the Lexus then, Because mercedes has the features but is apparently very bad on reliability
I don't know. I am not into cars... I usually take other people's advice and buy cars. But between those lexus and mercedes models - I like mercedes better (both the look and the feel).

Unless I win the lottery or is able to generate income million+ a year, I am not gonna buy cars for "enjoyment" or "luxury".

To me the most important thing about a car is
1. Reliability (you get that when you buy new car regardless of model)
2. Safety (you get this if you upgrade frequently as new technology is being implemented so rapidly)
3. After I find it - I ask myself - is it worth the money?

I dont know how your parents go about making their decision.. maybe they go by what you want.

anyways... the 3 model that you listed.. i think you will be happy with any one of them.
Old February 15, 2017, 05:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
My Parents had their toyota corolla for almost 7 years, Being a bangladeshi, they were`nt stingy, but found it no use to upgrade until my brother was born, then we upgraded to a 2009 Toyota Kluger, Hopefully in 4 months time they will get the Lexus LX570, GLS or The Volvo XC90

Still deciding between these 3gl
Fair enough but like I said it all depends on ones circumstances though. Buying a toyota corolla doesnt mean one is stingy

If its the new model GLS then you dont need to look at the others. Coincidently my shoshur is taking delivery of his this week. Merc in UK is now flooded with orders and increased the price by £2500-£3000. If it was me then I would have gone for the GLE.
Old February 15, 2017, 05:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

If you already made your mind up, its not worth thinking of other cars IMO.
Old February 15, 2017, 05:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
This is wrong and false information about Mercedes. You are generalising too much.

Its like saying all Muslims are terrorists
Old February 15, 2017, 05:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Fair enough but like I said it all depends on ones circumstances though. Buying a toyota corolla doesnt mean one is stingy

If its the new model GLS then you dont need to look at the others. Coincidently my shoshur is taking delivery of his this week. Merc in UK is now flooded with orders and increased the price by £2500-£3000. If it was me then I would have gone for the GLE.
7 seats is a must for us
Old February 15, 2017, 05:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
7 seats is a must for us
MashAllah
Old February 15, 2017, 04:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote: