facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 6, 2015, 07:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Default Bangladesh Use Sacred Arabic To Stop Roadside Peeing :)

A two-minute video against public urination that promotes the new Arabic signs has gone viral in Bangladesh since it was uploaded onto social media earlier this week.

A group of people are shown approaching a public wall, but then jump back for fear of committing a sin when they see the Arabic sign against peeing in public.

"I don't understand why people urinate by the roadsides. Especially when every mosque provides public toilet facilities," Matior Rahman, the country's religious affairs minister, says in the video.

The campaign however has sparked a strong rebuke from influential cleric Fariduddin Masud, who said it tarnished the prestige of the Arabic language.

"Nobody has the right to use the language of the Koran for such a campaign," the cleric said, according to online newsportal Natunbarta.com.

"The people of the country respect Arabic but that does not mean that we'll tolerate the use of Arabic to stop people from urinating (at street corners)."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/afp-b...#ixzz3ZPNIJ34S

My Question to those who protest this: What Language would the Arabs use for such a message? Or What Language does the Arabic **** Books/Magazines Use
Quran is sacred, Arabic isn't.

Last edited by BANFAN; May 7, 2015 at 01:08 PM..
Old May 6, 2015, 08:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Language Matters : http://youtu.be/STDxIfhMnQI
Old May 6, 2015, 10:41 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

-Permission to speak freely?
-Permission granted.

-Back when I found Rube Goldberg cartoon, I was fantasizing to patent an invention. I also loved those wacky invention of Victorian era. So I was thinking how cool would be to make tyres that deflates or burns out when one speeds or for that matter any terrorist incident will automatically trigger from satellite to bomb holy city of Mecca.

flies away....
Old May 7, 2015, 01:47 PM
Cricket Sage

^^ true, the entire thing is so funny , I mean the both side of it.

Over over exaggeration, could compete with "Rube Goldberg" cartoons
Old May 9, 2015, 06:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Is this really contributing to the 'street-peers' (sorry, I could not resist the highlighting) resisting the urge to relieve themselves? Perhaps, I am being slightly ignorant here, would the street-peers be able to understand what is written in Arabic or for that matter the Bangla writing itself?

I live in a supposedly more civilised country where lots of drunken lagerlouts turn into street-peers most weekends up and down the towns and cities all through this island. Although, I suppose a generous state of inebriation may have something to do with that.
Old May 18, 2015, 01:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

"Do not interrupt his urination (i.e. let him finish). Call him to me with the best of manners."
Old May 24, 2015, 08:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

An article in the NYTimes about the public toilet crisis in Dhaka: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/20/op...&nlid=62610792
Old May 24, 2015, 08:53 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: #75,Taz,Mush,Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
An article in the NYTimes about the public toilet crisis in Dhaka: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/20/op...&nlid=62610792
Great read coming from a smart young woman. Men have it easy, the women are at risk for UTIs. So more public restroom facilities are needed.

The person with the solution to this problem may be in contention for a Nobel prize.
Old May 24, 2015, 09:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

I agree surprisingly a good read .... this is a huge problem
Old May 26, 2015, 05:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

At least they could have got the Arabic grammar right! It should have read "mamnu' attabul huna" -not "huna" at the front of the sentence. Thats a direct translation of "ekhane porshrab kora nishidhdho"...jaihok.

Yes, Arabic is sacred like all languages. But those "Muftis" are hature muftis.

I fear some naughty urinators might "aim" high on that wall. They could have put the Arabic script a little higher
Old May 26, 2015, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan

I fear some naughty urinators might "aim" high on that wall. They could have put the Arabic script a little higher
What about the Bangla script? I guess they cam aim at it...!
Old May 26, 2015, 10:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
What about the Bangla script? I guess they cam aim at it...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Why are you guys so concerned about Aiming ?? are you talking about firing AK47 or M16 or any kind of weapon system !! hahaha

The naughty people will organize national competition if you place it too high, "who can hit that .." so keep it normal and if someone has that fear he will abstain anywhere you place the writing in Arabic lol
Old May 27, 2015, 10:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
কেন দেয়ালে লেখা আরবী অক্ষরগুলো ঢাকায় গণ মূত্রত্যাগ রোধ নাও করতে পারে

.................. এই ধারণাটি তারা হয়তো পেয়েছে একই সমস্যা নিয়ে লড়াই করা প্রতিবেশী দেশ ভারত থেকে যেখানে দেয়ালে আঁকা হিন্দু দেব-দেবীর ছবিও একই প্রভাব ফেলবে বলে ধারণা করা হয়েছে।

....... যখন ইতোমধ্যে রাষ্ট্রীয় ধর্ম বিষয়ক কর্মকর্তারা তাদের সাফল্যের ঢোল পিটানো শুরু করেছে, তখন এই প্রচারণাটিকে দেখে মনে হয় যে এই বিষয়টিকে খুব ভালভাবে ভেবে চিন্তে করা হয় নি। যদি সম্পূর্ণভাবে একে বাস্তবায়িত করা হয়, তবে ঢাকার দেয়ালগুলো আরবী লেখায় ভরে যাবে কিন্তু মানুষের জন্য তবুও মূত্রত্যাগের কোন জায়গা থাকবে না।

এছাড়াও, ভারতে মদী তার শৌচাগার নির্মাণের হিরিক শুরু করার আগে, দেয়ালে দেবতা'র প্রচারণার মাধ্যমে স্পষ্ট হয় যে: মানুষ তখন উপায় না পেয়ে দেবতাদের মুখের উপর প্রস্রাব করতে শুরু করে দেয়। গণ গ্লানি অন্তর্ভূক্ত করা সৃজনশীল প্রচারণা যেমন দ্যা পিসিং ট্যাঙ্কার‘ও কোন ফলাফল আনতে পারে নি। ........
https://www.oximity.com/article/%E0%...tm_content=rt2

@Bold:

Are we just a blind follower of India in anything and everything?
Old May 30, 2015, 08:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
Is this really contributing to the 'street-peers' (sorry, I could not resist the highlighting) resisting the urge to relieve themselves? Perhaps, I am being slightly ignorant here, would the street-peers be able to understand what is written in Arabic or for that matter the Bangla writing itself?
That's sort of the point. They don't need to read it. It just looks religious. It really just says (I'm paraphrasing) "don't pee here". It could have literally said "water me" and it would have the same effect.
Old May 30, 2015, 08:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: #75,Taz,Mush,Tigers

What about the Hindu peers?

A small percentage of Bangladesh’s population are hindu, which means a million here or there.
Old May 30, 2015, 10:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

From the initial results it can be concluded this was a brilliantly designed successful pilot project. Now they just need to expand it to all public and private properties and there will be no more bhangchur (destruction of properties) during hartals and strikes!