facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 9, 2007, 07:48 PM

On a slightly different note... Arcelor-Mittal Group interested in investing in BD. Today's Daily star says $2.8 bn proposal. I hope this has nothing to do with cheap gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daily Star, 10 June 2007
$2.8b investment offer likely from Mittal

After Indian industrial conglomerate Tata Group, the UK-based Indian giant Mittal Group is also keen to invest in Bangladesh.

A high level delegation of the group, led by its Managing Director VK Mittal, arrives in Dhaka today on a two-day visit to formally place a $ 2.8 billion investment offer before the caretaker government.

The Mittal Group is one of the largest business conglomerates in both India and the United Kingdom (UK) with $ 28 billion investment in 27 countries across four continents--Europe, Asia, Africa and America.

The group has already expressed its keen interest to invest in different sectors in Bangladesh through its local agent GRH Bangladesh Limited, which is now arranging the visit of the industrial giant's top executives.

The sectors included in the group's investment plan are energy, power generation, coalmine development, and production of ethylene dichloride, caustic soda, LPG (C3) LPG (C4) and hydrogen.

The investment in energy sector, particularly in gas exploration and power generation, will get top priority if the group is given a chance to invest in Bangladesh, Syed G Dastagir Nishad, chairman of GRH Limited, the local agent of Mittal Group, told the news agency.

He said the Mittal Group is set to sign a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Board of Investment (BoI) seeking to materialise its investment plan and explore business in Bangladesh.

During its stay in the capital, delegation chief VK Mittal, who leads the Global Oil and Energy of the Mittal Group, is expected to call on President Iajuddin Ahmed, Chief Adviser Fakhruddin Ahmed, Army Chief General Moeen U Ahmed, Energy Adviser Tapan Chowdhury and some influential policymakers of the government.

After its merger with Europe's top steel manufacturer Arcelor, the Mittal Group's ArcelorMittal became the world's number one steel producer with 320,000 employees in more than 60 countries.
http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/06/10/d7061001107.htm
Old June 9, 2007, 08:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Investment in the steel industry means the investor is here for cheap gas. They would not come to Bangladesh if it was not beneficial to them. Relatively cheaper gas is what makes the prospect for investing in the Bangladeshi steel industry lucrative. The gas price is the main issue here and it should be set in such a way that it benefits both parties, too low price would put Bangladesh at a loss and a relatively high price would not induce FDI. Another issue is like many industries in Bangladesh the steel industry is monopolised by a few businessmen in the country who are powerful lobby groups. They might and will in all probability try to dissuade FDI in the steel industry specially if it is for re rolling mills.
Old June 9, 2007, 08:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Investment in the steel industry means the investor is here for cheap gas
I don't see them coming because the koi tastes better. I am not an economist but for example when I am standing in front of a fish market and see a juicy catch - I want to BUY. Price is that delicate zone between my wants and the sellers needs+ profit.
Old June 10, 2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle
I don't see them coming because the koi tastes better. I am not an economist but for example when I am standing in front of a fish market and see a juicy catch - I want to BUY. Price is that delicate zone between my wants and the sellers needs+ profit.
Well Daily Star writes that MOU will be signed with Board of Investment today between the parties. How come we arent getting to the point where an autonomous consultant evaluates Mittal's proposals first. Or is that to follow? Either way, I hope we're not getting ripped off. This popular government is already on a run to allow dubious firms set up power plants, I'd hate for them to not follow a transparent and critical evaluation process, as was done for Tata.

Ideally the government could avoid all the gas price-fixing demands by taking a policy that lets the price float according to market needs. And that also means if the international price is high, BD gas price would be correspondingly high as well, thus allowing for more revenue. Sadly we Bangladeshis as part of an industrialising country are a greedy bunch who're smug with subsidised fuel for our industries and households. There's plenty of gas leakage and wastage as it is ...and we'll prolly not change our habits till the all the gas runs out (or increased prices hurts our pockets, if the govt at all takes the step)!

Here's today's Star report:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daily Star, 11 June 2007
$2.8b investment proposal for energy, petrochemical
Ispat Industries' Vinod Mittal signs MoU with BoI today
Star Business Report

Vinod Mittal, brother of one of the world's richest businessmen, Lakshmi Mittal, arrived in Dhaka last night, to launch a $2.8 billion investment proposal in Bangladesh aimed at the energy and petrochemical sectors.

"We want to be a development partner in Bangladesh. We find the atmosphere now investment-friendly and we may invest more than 3 billion dollars in different sectors, mainly power and energy," Vinod Mittal told reporters on arrival at the airport, according to agency reports.

Mittal, Managing Director of Ispat Industries Limited, India, will sign a memorandum of understanding concerning the investment with the government today.

The MoU is a formal agreement to conduct a one-year feasibility study and is a first step to any eventual investment of this scale. The signing will take place between Vinod Mittal and Nazrul Islam, executive chairman of the Board of Investment (BoI), at the Sonargaon Hotel.

At the signing Mittal will represent Global Oil and Energy Limited, UK and Global Steel Holdings Limited, two energy and steel companies.

Mittal will also meet President Iajuddin Ahmed, Chief Adviser Dr. Fakhruddin Ahmed, Chief of the Army Staff General Moeen U Ahmed and Energy Adviser Tapan Chowdhury.

The companies will sign the MoU for the proposed investments in areas such as coalmine development and exploration, petrochemicals and oil and gas field development and exploration.

The group's local agent GRH Bangladesh Limited is arranging the programme.

The homepages Global Oil and Energy Limited, UK and Global Steel Holdings Limited could not be found on the internet. The two companies' Bangladesh representative Kamal Ahmed said homepages did not exist although it both companies had invested in many countries.

BoI chief executive said he was not sure whether the companies are a subsidiary of the steel giant Mittal Group or not. He said he would ask Vinod Mittal today.

Asked why the BoI was taking on another large scale investment proposal when it had struggled for several years to reach a decision on a similar proposal by India's Tata Group, the BoI executive chairman said the Tata investment couldn't be finalised as certain key government policies had been lacking.

"We did not have coal policy or a gas policy during the Tata investment negotiations but we hope the policies will be finalised within the next year and the government can complete the investment deals," Nazrul Islam said.

He said after signing the MoU with Mittal it would take another one year for the feasibility study and to start investment negotiations.
http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/06/11/d70611050152.htm

Last edited by ammark; June 10, 2007 at 02:16 PM..
Old June 10, 2007, 02:15 PM
Cricket Legend

I'd say that we should accept these proposals,its better to get some industrialization done before gas runs out,but first they'll have to give some reasonable price.TATA wanted gas at 3$ while India is importing gas from Iran at 7$,and thats plainly unacceptable.
Old June 10, 2007, 04:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Well Daily Star writes that MOU will be signed with Board of Investment today between the parties. How come we arent getting to the point where an autonomous consultant evaluates Mittal's proposals first. Or is that to follow? Either way, I hope we're not getting ripped off. This popular government is already on a run to allow dubious firms set up power plants, I'd hate for them to not follow a transparent and critical evaluation process, as was done for Tata.
Are not you telling exactly what came to my mind by just looking at the news - why Mittal why not a company from China or Europe! Pure lejurbritti.
Old June 11, 2007, 04:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nasir / Mominul / Gazi

What is the difference between a political cadre and a army captain here?
That's exactly what I was afraid of under Army backed CTG.
I'm seriously hoping that this bad incident was just a remote thing.

Army officer tortures man: wife
Dhaka, June 11 (bdnews24.com) – A junior army officer Monday dragged a man out of his apartment in Dhaka and tortured him, the victim's wife alleged.

Meher Afroz told bdnews24.com that her husband Mahbub Alam Liton, a businessman and a resident of 69 Green Road, was taken away by a man who identified himself as Captain Shibly of the Army Engineering Corps.

The captain was accompanied by another plainclothes officer and six others in uniform when he knocked the door at 7am, she said.

Liton, 35, was left with injuries at 8:30am at the gate of Concept Tower where Liton and his wife own an apartment, Meher Afroz alleged in a written complaint to the local army camp.

Liton was taken to Samorita Hospital. bdnews24.com took pictures of Liton lying in hospital bed with clear red marks of the alleged torture.

An attending doctor told bdnews24.com that he suffered chest and hip injures.

Afroz tried, unsuccessfully, to lodge a complaint with Dhanmondi police.

bdnews24.com obtained a copy of the letter of complaint that detailed the allegations.

Meher Afroz said police had refused to register the complaint, an allegation Dhanmondi police chief denied.

"It's not true we refused to register the allegations. It's just that Meher Afroz went to the army camp to file her complaints," police inspector Monwar Hossain said.

Meher Afroz later took her complaint to the Science Lab army camp, but it was not clear whether the army officers logged the charges.

An officer of the Science Laboratory military camp told bdnews24.com that an investigation opened into the incident.

"It's inhuman. They (army officers) beat my husband and left him back with injuries," she told bdnews24.com by phone.

In her written complaint, Meher Afroz identified Captain Shibly as son of Roksana Begum, owner of Flat 13D of the building.

At least two flat owners reacted angrily and demanded justice. "What the military officer did was utterly inhuman and unfortunate. We demand justice," said owners' association president Akhtar Hossain. His general secretary Md Emdadul Huq echoed him.

bdnews24.com/ans/my/ad/tik/2228

Last edited by Nocturnal; June 11, 2007 at 04:37 PM..
Old June 11, 2007, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
That's exactly what I was afaraid of under Army backed CTG.

Army officer tortures man: wife
Dhaka, June 11 (bdnews24.com) – A junior army officer Monday dragged a man out of his apartment in Dhaka and tortured him, the victim's wife alleged.

Meher Afroz told bdnews24.com that her husband Mahbub Alam Liton, a businessman and a resident of 69 Green Road, was taken away by a man who identified himself as Captain Shibly of the Army Engineering Corps.

The captain was accompanied by another plainclothes officer and six others in uniform when he knocked the door at 7am, she said.

bdnews24.com/ans/my/ad/tik/2228
I read this in Daily Star, and I hope the army captain and his accomplices are tried, punished and discharged from within the army. Bangladesh Army must wash their hands off from problem elements like these.
Old June 11, 2007, 04:38 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shoaib THE MAN Akhtar

People like that Shibly deserve to be chopped up and fed to dogs. I wouldn't mind taking those pieces of his carcas fishing. Not an OTT statement. Such acts again humanity cannot be ignored ligthy in our country.
Old June 11, 2007, 04:43 PM

Haha. Really enjoyed reading the part between Falu and Babar. Classic example of Prisoners Dilemma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daily Star, 12 June 2007
Falu took Tk 50cr from Orion chief for Amar Desh
Babar says Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Kuwait gave Tk 300cr to BNP poll fund
Staff Correspondent

Former BNP lawmaker Mossaddak Ali Falu took Tk 50 crore from Orion Group Chairman Obaidul Karim as a bribe while former prime minister and BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia took election campaign contribution of Tk 300 crore from foreign governments, former state minister for home affairs Lutfozzaman Babar told interrogators yesterday.

Falu however denied taking Tk 50 crore but admitted to taking some amount of money from Obaidul Karim with the consent of Khaleda Zia for running the daily Amar Desh, a newspaper owned by Falu.

Sources said Babar also divulged to the interrogators that the former premier's detained son also BNP Senior Joint Secretary General Tarique Rahman and his friend Giasuddin Al Mamun took Tk 150 crore from Sheba Telecom, which later became Banglalink. Sources said the money was extorted from the telecom company.

During interrogation by the Task Force for Interrogation (TFI) Mossaddak Ali Falu, owner of private satellite channels ntv and Rtv, and the Bangla daily Amar Desh, said Abu Sufian, a director of Bashundhara Group, gave him around five to seven lakhs of taka for 'party expenditure'.

Falu told the interrogators that Harris Chowdhury, political secretary to former prime minister Khaleda Zia, Lutfozzaman Babar, Tarique Rahman and Giasuddin Al Mamun are the most corrupt persons in BNP.

ORION'S PARTNER BELHASA BRIBES FALU
Babar during the interrogation said Belhasa Group, a foreign partner of Orion Group, paid Tk 50 crore to Mossaddak Ali Falu (allegedly through Obaidul Karim) in exchange for the work order to construct the Jatrabari flyover. He said Dhaka City Mayor Sadeque Hossain Khoka also received a considerable amount of money from the group. Sources claimed Babar told the interrogators that Khaleda Zia helped to pass in the cabinet the work order in favour of Belhasa.

He said Inqilab Group and businessman Salman F Rahman complicated matters by participating in the tender. Sources said Babar told the interrogators that a large amount of bribe had to be given to Salman and Inqilab Group to make them bow out of the tender.

Babar said Belhasa was supposed to give Tk 20 crore more to fund BNP's election campaigns.

He told the interrogators that Tarique Rahman was supposed to get 20 percent of the whole deal since the lease of the flyover was granted for 25-30 years instead of 15 years, giving the company a chance to make a handsome profit after recovering the investment.

Sources claimed that Babar told the investigators that the shareholders of the deal used fake names to avoid problems in the future. For example, Tarique and Mamun have 50 percent share of Etv, but their names cannot be found on documents.

FOREIGN MONEY IN BNP POLL FUND
The governments of Pakistan, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia contributed a total of Tk 300 crore to immediate past premier Khaleda Zia's election fund, with each of the states contributing Tk 100 crore, according to the confessions of Babar.

Babar, who is being interrogated by the TFI, also divulged that the Kuwait Ameer gave Khaleda the money during her visit to that country immediately before she relinquished power.

The joint forces arrested Babar from his Gulshan residence on May 28.

Sources said the former state minister for home also told the interrogators that the former premier's parliamentary affairs adviser Salauddin Quader Chowdhury kept the Pakistan government's Tk 100 crore contribution with himself. Babar added that two businessmen also knew about the contributions the former premier received from the governments of Kuwait and Saudi Arabia.

Intelligence officials earlier picked up one of the two businessmen and interrogated him for quite a long time on the matter. Sources said during the interrogation the businessman confirmed that the alleged transactions had taken place.

Babar also told the interrogators that Khaleda looked for people to keep the money with them when she was at the helm of the country. The former home ministry boss said his brother Golam Rabbani opened up an FDR account of Tk 20 crore under the names of five to six companies, a portion of which Babar invested in his fishing business. Later, he came to know that the money came from Warid Telecom.

He also told the interrogators that two bighas of land was bought at Shantinagar in the capital under the names of Tarique Rahman and his younger brother Arafat Rahman Koko, but it was propagated that the land had been bought under BNP's name to set up its office.

SKIMMING OFF FROM PURCHASE OF TELECOM EQUIPMENT
Quoting the former home ministry boss, sources said Arafat Rahman Koko took US $20 lakh to $30 lakh from a Chinese company in exchange for letting it win a tender bid for supplying telecommunications spare parts to Bangladesh Telegraph and Telephone Board. Former finance minister Saifur Rahman's son Babu also received a share of the bribe.

GETTING RICH FROM PURCHASE OF FIREARMS
Babar also admitted to being involved in corruption centring purchase of firearms for Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) and police during the immediate past BNP rule. In the face of interrogation Babar said Hawa Bhaban took a bribe of around Tk 2 crore at the rate of US $100 per firearm. He also told the interrogators that a former home secretary stayed in a five star hotel in Pakistan during a tour there for buying sub-machineguns for Rab. He also said such activities were being carried out ignoring government rules and regulations.

EMBEZZLING FROM PURCHASE OF WIRELESS EQUIPMENT
Babar admitted that during the last five years wireless equipment worth Tk 30 crore were bought for police and Tk 10 crore of that went into the pockets of the corruptionists. A purchase made in 2003-'04 fiscal included 500 FM wireless sets and 1,000 batteries. In a similar fashion Tk 2.5 crore was misappropriated in a purchase of 150 wireless base station sets. There was also corruption in purchases of wireless repeaters for Khulna police.

FLEECING MACHINE READABLE PASSPORT PROJECT
International tenders were invited for making machine readable passports. A German company won the tender bid through a secret transaction between the company and Arafat Rahman Koko. However, former finance minister M Saifur Rahman took a stand against the deal creating legal complexities. Later the matter was resolved by the mediation of Saifur Rahman's son Naser Rahman, who is currently in detention for alleged corruption. Babar however told the interrogators that at the beginning Saifur Rahman was also in support of the deal.

LAND GRAB IN SAVAR
Babar also informed the interrogators that he leased 10 acres of land in Savar illegally. He said he let a Thai company get the lease for orchid farming, a 50 percent share of which he holds.

HELICOPTERING AT GOVT'S EXPENSE
During interrogation Babar said he went to Netrakona 20 times on personal visits on government helicopters while he was at the helm of the home ministry. The trips caused the government to lose Tk 8 lakh. He went to the same district 30 to 35 more times by other means and billed the government for the expenses, he said adding that he should not have claimed his personal trips as government ones.
http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/06/12/d7061201044.htm
Old June 11, 2007, 11:21 PM
Administrator

Default External: EU expresses 'deep concern' over Bangladesh human rights situation

EU expresses 'deep concern' over Bangladesh human rights situation
Michael Sung at 9:44 AM ET

[JURIST] A European Union human rights team expressed the EU's "deep concern" at the state of human rights in Bangladesh [JURIST news archive] under President Iajuddin Ahmed's interim government at the conclusion of a visit to the country Saturday, flagging reports of extra-judicial killings, torture and intimidation alleged to have taken place as part of the government's "anti-corruption campaign" [JURIST news archive]. The 10-member team headed by ambassador Andreas Michaelis urged the interim government, established in January following a declaration of a state of emergency [JURIST report], to proceed with the establishment of a promised human rights commission [JURIST report] and hold postponed elections as soon as possible.

The interim military-backed government has promised to hold new elections, but no date has yet been set. Its "anti-corruption campaign" has so far involved the questioning and detention of at least 60 parliamentarians and former government ministers. AFP has more.
Old June 12, 2007, 09:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

gusti kilai EU'er.

My question to everyone.

Those who take and those who give bribes, aren't they equally punishable????
Old June 12, 2007, 01:05 PM

Extra, Extra read all about it! ....VOIP network run by Ministers' kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daily Star, 13 June 2007
Babar talks about illegal VoIP network
Sons of Saifur, SQ Chy, Nasim, Tarique, Koko, Mamun were involved
Staff Correspondent

Most of the ministers' sons used to run illegal Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) business and make a profit of up to Tk 5 crore a month during the BNP-led alliance rule.

Of them, former finance minister M Saifur Rahman's son Babu and daughter both were involved in the lucrative but unlicensed Internet telephony services that deprived the government of up to Tk 3,000 crore in revenue each month.
Lutfozzaman Babar, ex-state minister for home, has recently given away the information about the high-profile VoIP syndicate to the Task Force for Interrogation (TFI).

The names he mentioned under interrogation include Tarique Rahman and Arafat Rahman, Giasuddin Al Mamun, owner of Daffodil Computers Sabur Khan and sons of Salauddin Quader Chowdhury and AL leader and former telecoms minister Mohammad Nasim.

Sources close to the interrogators quoting Babar also said that that former premier Khaleda Zia's nephew Shahrin Islam Tuhin would control the entire business through Sabur Khan.

The VoIP rackets used to operate through those having Internet Service Provider (ISP) license.

Besides, the former state minister said, when Babu had smuggled a huge consignment of cigarettes into the country, the then finance minister had played a mere onlooker's role.

Babar told the interrogators that each of those in the VoIP business would earn between Tk 4 crore and Tk 5 crore. He claimed that he raised the issue before Khaleda Zia at least 50 times and urged her either to stop the illegal business or legalise it by issuing licence. Each time she assured that she would look into the matter later but it never came true.

Tarique himself made sure no actions were taken against the VoIP operators.
Babar also contended that not a single sector was free of corruption during the BNP-Jamaat-led alliance rule.
http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/06/13/d7061301044.htm
Old June 14, 2007, 08:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Hasina got Tk 1cr in MiG-29 deal
Businessman Noor Ali claims he also gave 3 flats to Sheikh Helal
Staff Correspondent

Businessman Noor Ali is claimed to have admitted to the joint forces that he gave Tk 1 crore to Awami League (AL) chief and the then prime minister Sheikh Hasina, and three flats to her cousin Sheikh Helal out of the $ 4 million commission he received from MiG-29 purchase for Bangladesh Air Force during the AL rule.

Besides, he gifted Hasina's son Sajeeb Wajed Joy half of a floor at UTC building at Panthapath in the capital for his IT office, and it was registered in the name of AL leader Kazi Zafarullah, sources quoted him as saying during questioning by the joint forces.

Chairman of Unique Group Noor Ali, who was the local agent in the MiG-29 purchase deal, also said three other people got around $ 12 million commission from the deal.

He contested the general election on AL ticket from Nababganj constituency in Dhaka in 2001.

Giving details, Noor Ali said he gave Hasina Tk 1 crore in cash. Of the three flats he gave AL leader Sheikh Helal, one was registered in the name of his brother-in-law.
According to sources, Noor Ali also told the interrogators that an application was sent to Rajuk seeking registration of the rest two flats at Unique Prominent on Dutabash Road in Baridhara in the name of Helal's wife.

Hasina wanted 5,388 squire feet floor space at UTC building for the IT office of Joy. But it was registered in the name of now detained AL presidium member Kazi Zafarullah, sources said quoting Noor Ali.
Although Zafarullah did not pay a single taka for it, he took a receipt from Noor Ali that he paid him Tk 81 lakh.

Former chairman of Baira Noor Ali also told the joint forces that he received $ 4 million commission in the MiG- 29 purchase deal in two instalments in 2005, according to sources.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old June 14, 2007, 09:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Not sure why the govt is so scared of Hasina ....

Hasina terms bar on her as unconstitutional
UNB, Dhaka

Awami League (AL) President Sheikh Hasina who was debarred from visiting landslide victims in Chittagong has said the government's action is inhuman, undemocratic, unconstitutional and contrary to individual freedom.“I am shocked and saddened that I was prevented from standing beside the affected people and extending help to them,” she said in a press statement today.
The AL chief was scheduled to travel to Chittagong by road at 7:00am today. But she was barred to go to Chittagong to console the families of the victims of Monday's disastrous landslides.
Witnesses said two platoons of female police and four platoons of riot police have been deployed near her Sudha Sadan residence in Dhanmondi since this morning following instructions from higher authorities.
“There was no politics in it…I wanted to visit the affected people on moral and humanitarian ground,” said the statement read out to reporters by senior Presidium Member Sajeda Chowdhury.
Terming the cases filed against her as conspiratorial, Hasina said it is the responsibility of a government to take cooperation from all in alleviating the sufferings of the victims of a natural calamity.
“It is a long tradition of Awami League to stand beside the affected humanity but the government has set an example of rejection of cooperation hand,” the statement added.
Old June 14, 2007, 09:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
That's exactly what I was afraid of under Army backed CTG.

The difference is that while polticial mastaans will be called popular activists by politicians, army captains will be called patriotic heroes who have the right to beat any civilians
Old June 14, 2007, 12:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Shakib-BIjoy-Rumman

here's the latest hasina news: -

http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/06/14/d7061401011.htm

and therefore,

http://www.thedailystar.net/latest/updates.php?pid=-95
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 15, 2007, 12:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
gusti kilai EU'er.

My question to everyone.

Those who take and those who give bribes, aren't they equally punishable????
"Ar rashee oar murtashee kila huma fin na'ar"

"ঘুষ দাতা ও ঘুষ গ্রহিতা উভয়েই জাহান্নামি"

"Those who give bribes and those who receive it will reside in hell"

I'm not very good in translating,Allah pardon me if I cannot translate it properly. .This Hadis was in our Islam book in the SSC's.
One interesting point to note,here,the bribe givers are mentioned before bribe accepters.

Last edited by Shafin; June 15, 2007 at 12:42 AM..
Old June 16, 2007, 10:05 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rafique n Shakib for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafin

I'm not very good in translating,Allah pardon me if I cannot translate it properly. .This Hadis was in our Islam book in the SSC's.
One interesting point to note,here,the bribe givers are mentioned before bribe accepters.
Not any more....we didn't studied that.....or are u talking about the back page of the book?

Why they(gov.) didn't let Hasina go abroad?
Old June 16, 2007, 10:13 AM
Cricket Sage

"World is full of Kings and Queens , They blind your eyes and make you dream its Heaven and Hell"
Old June 16, 2007, 11:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleR
Why they(gov.) didn't let Hasina go abroad?
Just guessing here: presumably because the govt. believes that they have some strong cases that they can bring against her (see the latest reports), and are worried that she might flee abroad (i) as a means to avoid being physically present as a defendant in the cases, and (ii) to drum up negative PR against them (the govt.) and in her favour.
Old June 16, 2007, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
Just guessing here: presumably because the govt. believes that they have some strong cases that they can bring against her (see the latest reports), and are worried that she might flee abroad (i) as a means to avoid being physically present as a defendant in the cases, and (ii) to drum up negative PR against them (the govt.) and in her favour.
I agree with your presumptions entirely.
Old June 16, 2007, 01:48 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafin

It was there even during our SSC, long long time... in another century.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old June 16, 2007, 03:30 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rafique n Shakib for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
Thnx that could be it.
Old June 16, 2007, 03:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Shakib-BIjoy-Rumman

hang 'em ALL high and let God sort 'em out.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)