facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 4, 2007, 06:24 PM
Cricket Legend

u r right shujan bhai, shudnt have specified a name without concrete source (but I am sure I came across a list like that, maybe someone else can verify)... I'll edit my post.....

just googled this source, cant comment on the integrity:

http://express-press-release.com/24/...Bangladesh.php

P.S: AL propaganda activist?? haha no further comment....

Last edited by ialbd; February 4, 2007 at 06:29 PM..
Old February 4, 2007, 06:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Hahahaa... ialbd that site can not even post their html right.
Old February 4, 2007, 07:05 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Some exciting days are coming for Bangladesh.

দুর্নীতিবাজ ও কালো টাকার মালিকদের ধরতে নতুন অধ্যাদেশ আসছে । ৭২ ঘন্টার মধ্যে ধরা না দিলে সব সম্পত্তি বাজেয়াপ্ত । সরকার নামের তালিকা গণবিঞ্জপ্তির মাধ্যমে জারি করবে।

Details from Jai Jai Din
সাবাশ, মামুর বেটারা এইবার ধরা খাইব।
Old February 4, 2007, 07:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Just simply pathetic how some people are looking at loopholes to criticize the recent actions. The people arrested are all either guilty of corruption, murder or extortion and what not. Civil laws are not applicable for these animals. I pity the fool who sympathizes with these animals and I pity the fool who even tries to find a loophole in the actions. They are getting only part of what they deserve and only after I see them sentenced for their crimes I will be a happy and proud bangali.
Old February 4, 2007, 07:30 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_swing
Shafiq Rehman is the another guy I want in this list!
I second to that.

I think we should hit every sector to set example. My wish list –
  • 30-40 national level politician (like Namul Huda,)
  • 30-40 local politician and thug (like Nasiruddin Pintu, Shamim Osman, Shahjahan of Jamat)
  • 50-60 top terrorist (like shubrata bain)
  • 10-20 top business men (like Beximco, Jamuna, bashundhora)
  • 30-40 mid level businessmen involved in market manipulation and price hike.
  • 5-10 intellectual (like Shofiq Rehman, corrupted VC of National Univ, ADAB president)
  • 10-20 top level police executives (like ASP, SP, rtd. IGP)
  • 20 mid level police (SI, OC)
  • 10-20 top govt. executive (Secretary, DC)
Old February 4, 2007, 07:34 PM
Banned

The problem we have in our country is exploited educated society. The teachers are not supposed to be involved in politics. Their job is to teach good education but it seems like we lack common sense; the political science graduate do all the shop keeping, and the intellectual people (teacher) and dirty people (politician) run the machine. Now Godzilla have taken over; people feel relieved under the big shadow. Good on us. Antagonist? What propagandist?
Old February 4, 2007, 07:35 PM
Club Cricketer

I am very happy for the action taken by the joint force lead by the Fakrudding government. Some of you are talking that without charge, detention is illegal. But at the time of emergency, the law reinforcing team can arrest anybody without charge. Besides, police can arrest anyone based on suspicion and make charge later. The arrested 'big shots', you all know about them. They are not 'nishpap', 'niroporadhi'. Read todays' Prothom-alo and other dailies. Don't underestimate our joint force. Nonetheles, if the government fails to prove ones guilty, he will be freed. But, as a citizen of most corrupted country, I am happy to see the action. Advisor Barrister Moinul Hossain replied, for me, diplomatically. They know everything about the detained peoples and charges. Good luck the Fakrudding govt.
Old February 4, 2007, 07:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yameen
why dont they arrest the real criminals? as gatekeeper rightly said, why aint there been arrests of jamat islamiz n that?
another question, why have these people been arrested? i havent heard any news at all, as one of those people on the list is ma uncle, n ma mum is worryin out her skin, as even his wife n kids in bangldesh dont knw where he is or how he is..i heard there lines have been cut up , n mobiles taken..this is pathetic ..

........ it requires no warrant to arrest people during state of emergency. Don't worry man, Joint Force will treat your uncle real nice!
Old February 4, 2007, 07:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
oh , whats more funny, the caretake goverment dont know either, so no point in praising them..
... and you believe that? !!!
Old February 4, 2007, 08:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
why dont they arrest the real criminals? i havent heard any news at all, as one of those people on the list is ma uncle, ..
And your uncle is a fake criminal ? Everyone knows about his exploits during the AL tenure. If you overlook it then you are as ignorant as the illiterate fool in the village. You are not the only person whose relatives are feeling the heat. All these corrupt animals live in the society so obviously they are supposed to have families so they bare someone's father, brother, uncle and what not. That does not change anything that they are animals and criminals who deserve nothing but the harshest sentences for looting the country.
Old February 4, 2007, 08:45 PM
Cricket Legend

they need to make the list public and request the party leaders to hand them to the army and police. also once arrested should let everybody know where they are being detained.

Its like US arresting people and hiding them somewhere secret. These raids should be transparent.
Old February 4, 2007, 09:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shujan
What is making all these people so happy?
Has the savior come to clean up Bangladesh corruption?

1971 promised a sonar bangla.
Ershad fall promised people's government.
then came couple of elections.

Nothing changed in 35 years.

What is making people so happy now?

I share your concerns but I would to be Cautiously Optimistic rather than euphoric.
Old February 4, 2007, 09:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahriyar
Just simply pathetic how some people are looking at loopholes to criticize the recent actions. The people arrested are all either guilty of corruption, murder or extortion and what not. Civil laws are not applicable for these animals. I pity the fool who sympathizes with these animals and I pity the fool who even tries to find a loophole in the actions. They are getting only part of what they deserve and only after I see them sentenced for their crimes I will be a happy and proud bangali.
Asking question is pathetic? You sound like George Bush. Isn't it you who falsified Mehrab's information?
Old February 4, 2007, 09:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

All the people who have been arrested are well known corrupt people according to newspaper reports and eyes of the general public. We don't what specific charges the government have against them, but i am sure there are plenty. I hope just hope all the corrupt peoples are caught.
Old February 4, 2007, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
All the people who have been arrested are well known corrupt people according to newspaper reports and eyes of the general public. We don't what specific charges the government have against them, but i am sure there are plenty. I hope just hope all the corrupt peoples are caught.
right. i don't think the government is arresting people left and right with no reason either. i'm pretty sure they have a list of charges against each one of them. doesn't look like they are cuffing people just for the heck of it. the arrests are definitely justified and not without reasons.

the sad part is, though, that these criminals will be freed soon, and will continue to loot the citizens. i fear all this action may only be a temp solution.
Old February 4, 2007, 10:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shujan
Asking question is pathetic? You sound like George Bush. Isn't it you who falsified Mehrab's information?
Excuse me !!! What do you mean I falsified Mehrab's information? Please elaborate on this so that I can give you a proper reply on it.
Asking question is not pathetic but questioning the action of the interim government who is detaining the corrupt is pathetic in my opinion. It either means you support the corrupt or have a soft spot for them for some odd or obvious reason.
Old February 4, 2007, 10:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
right. i don't think the government is arresting people left and right with no reason either. i'm pretty sure they have a list of charges against each one of them. doesn't look like they are cuffing people just for the heck of it. the arrests are definitely justified and not without reasons.

the sad part is, though, that these criminals will be freed soon, and will continue to loot the citizens. i fear all this action may only be a temp solution.
The least the government can do is to use the special power act to put them behind the bars for 30-60days. Since, both political parties supported special power act during their tenure in the govt, i hope they will not object to it's use.

I hope their will be a transparent trial, and all these culprits will be sent to jail for their criminal act. These people have been out of reach of the law for too long
Old February 4, 2007, 10:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Sa Ka Chou is now arrested and I'd love to see him being tied up with a tree and be beaten to hell till he begs forgiveness to the nation for his and his father's wrong doing during our liberation war.
\"In this game, there is no pretending, no mercy, no second chance....in the middle of this huge arena he is on trial, one against eleven, with no one to protect him.....cricket is not a game, it is the truth of life\"
-- J.M.Coetzee, In Boyhood: Scenes from a Provincial Life
Old February 4, 2007, 10:35 PM
Cricket Legend

I guess the interim govt can't resolve cases against all the detainees. The new govt (I suppose) is gonna open cases through court and obviously maniupulate the proceedings and eventually free them one by one.

Anyone has any idea if the current interim govt can open case against the detainees and complete rulings before the election?
Old February 4, 2007, 11:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

I'm returning from a meeting with a Bangladeshi economist who served in many areas in Bangladesh. For about a decade in recent years, he has served at Square and was the right-hand of Tapan Chowdhury (and his dad Samson Chowdhury). I would like to share his views here, just coz he's got a very different view altogether. Please keep in mind that they're not my views.

Quote:
The interim government isn't an elected government that they should be doing anything taking advantage of the emergency situation in Bangladesh. The problem with these individuals is that, they're here with a short-term plan, and this can be to their advantage.

Tapan Chowdhury's presence in the cabinet made it clear to me why Salman F Rahman has been taken into custody. They're two great rivals in Bangladesh, and they've had numerous clashes over many things (details withheld). Furthermore, Mr. Rahman has always been a business man, who is by far one of the most corrupt in Bangladesh, and now he's been charged with political corruption. His contribution in political corruption is fairly minimal, which makes it even more interesting to watch.

Mr. Nasim has been arrested for many political corruptions, but the initial motive I believe is rather personal. Nasim wanted a few crore Taka for licensing the cell phone business that Square wanted to get into. Since Tapan Chowdhury refused to provide that, Nasim has become his targed. And now, at the right moment, he has successfully charged him.

There have been many other problems with these people that happened when I was working for Square. And my personal judgment says that their enlistment into the "to be caught" list is somewhat related to their personal and business issues. While the outcome of this sweeping may be good, the motives aren't the right ones. I would've been completely convinced if they were part of an elected government that did this. But since I personally know that some of their motives are related to their long history of business rivalries, it's pretty sad. And also, most of these people in the cabinet are big business persons themselves. Technically, most of them are pretty corrupt. Being corrupt themselves, they don't have any right to catch other corrupt business people. That is just an example of abusing their powers.
Old February 4, 2007, 11:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
I'm returning from a meeting with a Bangladeshi economist who served in many areas in Bangladesh. For about a decade in recent years, he has served at Square and was the right-hand of Tapan Chowdhury (and his dad Samson Chowdhury). I would like to share his views here, just coz he's got a very different view altogether. Please keep in mind that they're not my views.
Is it ok for you to divulge to us the name of the economist? If it is not possible in public then can you send me a pm with his name? If that is also not a possibility then I am sorry for intruding.
Old February 4, 2007, 11:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Well, several things to consider here. Tapan Chaudhury actually had very little to do with the "LIST" of 'to get' people. It was mostly Defense (DGFI). As a matter of fact most of the advisors didn't even know who was going to get caught neither did police or even RAB. Among the Advisors Barrister Moinul Hossain and Gen. Matin (apart from the CA) had some say. I am no admirer of Mr. Chaudhury but I doubt his influence in making the "list".
Old February 5, 2007, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsd3
I guess the interim govt can't resolve cases against all the detainees. The new govt (I suppose) is gonna open cases through court and obviously maniupulate the proceedings and eventually free them one by one.

Anyone has any idea if the current interim govt can open case against the detainees and complete rulings before the election?
No, obviously it is not possible within this short time. This govt. will open cases against them, and will leave it to independent judiciary. But the rule may not come before election, rather they will make sure these corrupted politicians can not take part in election by reformed election commission & ACC. Putting in jail these corrupted politicians after prosecution is mostly depends on independent judiciary system, coming elected government and our society ( including political party ) I think.

Still I am really happy to see at least this CTG has taken step to bring them under law.
Old February 5, 2007, 12:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Is it ok for you to divulge to us the name of the economist? If it is not possible in public then can you send me a pm with his name? If that is also not a possibility then I am sorry for intruding.

I thought the people from square are one of the most honest business people in bagladesh. So I am kinda surprised with all these allegation against advisor Tapan. We have a very bad tendency to engage in conspiracy theories. I agree with gatekeeper that DGFI and home ministry are responsible for these captures.
Old February 5, 2007, 12:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Last name: Baksh.
You may know him though...you might be friends with his daughter (or may have common friends).