facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 30, 2011, 07:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

I think we are over analyzing and getting emotional on division of dhaka. Its just a political move to have their own men in the seat which is nothing new. Now, BAL next BNP. So, whats the deal ? The traffic jam will be the same (or more), the torture of load shedding will be the same (or more) and scarcity of gas will the same (or more). So, rather than being emotional on division of Dhaka, we better be focused on those serious issues which no matter in which part of Dhaka you live, that one has to face.
Old November 30, 2011, 07:37 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Where do people like me go?
Lalmonirhat.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 30, 2011, 08:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ShakTikMashNasir(ShakV2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
I think we are over analyzing and getting emotional on division of dhaka. Its just a political move to have their own men in the seat which is nothing new. Now, BAL next BNP. So, whats the deal ? The traffic jam will be the same (or more), the torture of load shedding will be the same (or more) and scarcity of gas will the same (or more). So, rather than being emotional on division of Dhaka, we better be focused on those serious issues which no matter in which part of Dhaka you live, that one has to face.
It's about our sentiment and a 400 years old city. For what they are dividing it? I don't see any good reason. Ask peoples you know in Dhaka I bet 95% peoples feel screwed. Ki BNP ki BAL, jei koruk, aam jonota like korchhena ei bepar ta.

Btw, Mayor lokmaan murder er kotha shobai bhule gechhe already. Jai ho
Old November 30, 2011, 08:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

^ shob kisui shudhu public er attention lokman murder case theke onno dike ghuranor jonno. ei shob politicians ra onek sheyana
Old November 30, 2011, 08:49 AM
First Class Cricketer

Sheikh Hasina at the parliament's closing speech on the issue today: It is being done because a mayor is not able to fulfill duties of the whole city. If there was enough money, Dhaka would be split in 4.

You have received an infraction at BanglaCricket Forum.
Old November 30, 2011, 08:52 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

The torture of loadshedding has decreased by at least 10 fold over the past 12 months. Anyone that denies this, is lying.

Does loadshedding still occur, no doubt, but I remember a 2-3 years ago, during the peak of summer, power coming and going, every other hour. This no longer happens.

Traffic jam is still here - but the caretaker govt constructed(ex rang bhaban road) + the army constructed diversion road for those heading to and from mirpur(at Bijoy Sharani) has again lessened the jam there by a ton.

Even in Dhanmondi(not sure who to thank, DMP, DCC, Govt) but closing down of some intersections means, satmasjid road is rarely in hour long gridlocks now.

Again, the

-pollution
-jams
-crime
-mayhem

Are still here, and will continue to be there, but it is about gradual improvement, and as someone who visits and spends a significant amount of time in Dhaka every year, it is getting better(only just, but it is).

Shob Khali, Hasina/Khaleda-r fault...they aren't the ones letting their apartments to schools in residential areas. Nijeder bibek nei, yet all we do is curse at the people in power.

Overseas, everyone, be they rich or poor, carpools, whether to work/school/uni. Yet same apartment theke 4-ta family bher hoy, to go to the same school, yet they won't share their cars. Instead of pointing the finger at ourselves, we bitch about the jam on the road, really? How about not bringing the car out.

Or Dhanmondi 7 theke, 10er A te jaabe, take a rickshaw, hell why not get your fat bastard of a child to walk...no, I have to show everyone I own a piece of ****, Toyota Corolla, so bring the car out.

As for this proposed partition of Dhaka - If it improves Dhaka by even 1% I'm all for it. The name of the city isn't changing...the administration is....so why do we care? As for getting their political man in power, I remember saying this last week or the week before. So which part of Dhaka is Pro-AL?

Also all this umbrage at AL/BNP national governments...what have our beloved Mayor(s) given us in his long stint? TipaiMukh has nothing to do with the DCC elections, so Khoka needs to tell me what he has done in his tenure, to make this city a better place.

We are seriously the most useless people around. Nije kichu korbo naa, bhalo kono idea suggest/implement korbo naa, but bitching about governments, we don't need a 2nd invitation.
Old November 30, 2011, 08:58 AM
Banned

As for asking 95% of Dhaka - if it was up to me, 95% of this country wouldn't be allowed to vote. And you want me to ask their opinions.

There is a reason you don't ask your driver for financial investment advice, because he would be clueless. When you look at a country like the US, with a population that is far more educated than that of Bangladesh, a democracy that is far more developed than that of Bangladesh...and you see the complete farce the politics...the congress..the house of representatives is right now. How much influence big business, white collar criminals have on political parties...how the arms manufacturers are shaping foreign policy, why the hell would I ask illiterate idiots, who vote based on I love Mujib, or I love the way Zia looked in his sunglasses, what I want for the future of this city or this country.

Actually the more time passes, less I feel democracy is the answer for Bangladesh. We need a managed democracy. Let the imbeciles vote for and run for offices, that would grant them powers to decide local issues - but everything else should be taken out of their hands.
Old November 30, 2011, 09:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
The torture of loadshedding has decreased by at least 10 fold over the past 12 months. Anyone that denies this, is lying.

Does loadshedding still occur, no doubt, but I remember a 2-3 years ago, during the peak of summer, power coming and going, every other hour. This no longer happens.

Traffic jam is still here - but the caretaker govt constructed(ex rang bhaban road) + the army constructed diversion road for those heading to and from mirpur(at Bijoy Sharani) has again lessened the jam there by a ton.

Even in Dhanmondi(not sure who to thank, DMP, DCC, Govt) but closing down of some intersections means, satmasjid road is rarely in hour long gridlocks now.

Again, the

-pollution
-jams
-crime
-mayhem

Are still here, and will continue to be there, but it is about gradual improvement, and as someone who visits and spends a significant amount of time in Dhaka every year, it is getting better(only just, but it is).

Shob Khali, Hasina/Khaleda-r fault...they aren't the ones letting their apartments to schools in residential areas. Nijeder bibek nei, yet all we do is curse at the people in power.

Overseas, everyone, be they rich or poor, carpools, whether to work/school/uni. Yet same apartment theke 4-ta family bher hoy, to go to the same school, yet they won't share their cars. Instead of pointing the finger at ourselves, we bitch about the jam on the road, really? How about not bringing the car out.

Or Dhanmondi 7 theke, 10er A te jaabe, take a rickshaw, hell why not get your fat bastard of a child to walk...no, I have to show everyone I own a piece of ****, Toyota Corolla, so bring the car out.

As for this proposed partition of Dhaka - If it improves Dhaka by even 1% I'm all for it. The name of the city isn't changing...the administration is....so why do we care? As for getting their political man in power, I remember saying this last week or the week before. So which part of Dhaka is Pro-AL?

Also all this umbrage at AL/BNP national governments...what have our beloved Mayor(s) given us in his long stint? TipaiMukh has nothing to do with the DCC elections, so Khoka needs to tell me what he has done in his tenure, to make this city a better place.

We are seriously the most useless people around. Nije kichu korbo naa, bhalo kono idea suggest/implement korbo naa, but bitching about governments, we don't need a 2nd invitation.
Exactly.

People are all shouting for 'Decentralization' and when Govt is trying to decentralize, and now we people are all opposing it. How funny. I aint pro BAL nor pro BNP. All i care for is the betterment of Dhaka.

amar mathae eita ashe na, City Corp er duties ke bhag korche, ete dhaka bhag hoilo koi ?? Dhaka r naam to thiki ase. Police dept e to thiki North, South, West Poice dept ase, koi dhaka to bhag hoye jaye nai ! tahole City Corp er kaj ke divide kore dite dosh ta kothaye ?

dhaka e naki division wall hobe !!? kichu manush er kotha shune hashlam. hay re amar manush. Shob hujuge pagol.
Old November 30, 2011, 09:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Exactly.

People are all shouting for 'Decentralization' and when Govt is trying decentralize, and we people are all opposing against it. How funny. I aint pro BAL nor pro BNP. All i care for is the betterment of Dhaka.

amar mathae eita ashe na, City Corp er duties ke bhag korche, ete dhaka bhag hoilo koi ?? Dhaka r naam to thiki ase. Police dept e to thiki North, South, West Poice dept ase, koi dhaka to bhag hoye jaye nai ! tahole City Corp er kaj ke divide kore dite dosh ta kothaye ?

dhaka e naki division wall hobe !!? kichu manush er kotha shune hashlam. hay re amar manush. Shob hujuge pagol.
Eita BNP korto...AL bolto...evil bastards. AL doing it so BNP yelling. As for the sushil shomaj, I've said it in the past and I'll say it again, FVCK THEM.

They want to improve this city, how about asking their neighbors to move the schools out of their houses and apartments 1st, or getting their drivers to stop parking in the middle of the road - no wait, that would mean actually doing something, something other than organizing seminars and protest meetings.

Or how about setting up bank account to collect rent, and give the tenants receipts...no wait, that would mean, the govt would know their income, and would result in more tax....

Tossers. Oh and I don't care what bishisto bekti is a part of it.
Old November 30, 2011, 09:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Top posts F6-Turbo and Naimul_HD bhais. It has become a habit to find political motives behind every govt. decision. The fact is that the population of Dhaka is 13 million and increasing every day so there is no harm in trying innovative strategies to see if they work or not. Now from what I've seen and heard of this plan, and I'll put my hand up and admit that I don't know a great deal about it, but however much I know for me it carries some logic and is worth a try. BD is so centralised as it is. I can't believe that there are only 300 elected MPs for a population of 160 million people. If it were up to me I'd double that straight-away. Consider this UK, which is the same size as Bangladesh but has a population of 60 million, has roughly 650 members in the House of Commons.
Old November 30, 2011, 09:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedzero
It's about our sentiment and a 400 years old city. For what they are dividing it? I don't see any good reason. Ask peoples you know in Dhaka I bet 95% peoples feel screwed. Ki BNP ki BAL, jei koruk, aam jonota like korchhena ei bepar ta.

Btw, Mayor lokmaan murder er kotha shobai bhule gechhe already. Jai ho
nakedzero bhai...dhaka bhag hoye 2 ta new city hoiche naki ?? naam ki 2 ta new city ?? dont tell me, north dhaka and south dhaka. thats not new cities.

and regarding 400 years old city sentiment. bhai, next 5 yrs por apni nijei dhaka charben. proti din dhaka boshobasher onupojukto hoye jacche...next 10 yrs e dekhben dhaka ke abandoned announce kora hobe. ekhon jemon 'Panam city' ghurte jai na, tokhon manush 'Dhaka City' ghurte ashbe.

ar lokmaaan murder keno ? ar koto murder case er kono shuraha hocche na...niriho public ra mair khacche...ei shob serious issue niye vocal hoya dorkar. Govt to chabei attention divert korte...dhaka bhag hoilo bhag hoilo bole to govt er kaj tai shoja kore dischen. tar maney govt tar kaje thiki successful hoye gelo. tai na ?
Old November 30, 2011, 09:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ShakTikMashNasir(ShakV2)

Quote:
nakedzero bhai...dhaka bhag hoye 2 ta new city hoiche naki ?? naam ki 2 ta new city ?? dont tell me, north dhaka and south dhaka. thats not new cities.

and regarding 400 years old city sentiment. bhai, next 5 yrs por apni nijei dhaka charben. proti din dhaka boshobasher onupojukto hoye jacche...next 10 yrs e dekhben dhaka ke abandoned announce kora hobe. ekhon jemon 'Panam city' ghurte jai na, tokhon manush 'Dhaka City' ghurte ashbe.

ar lokmaaan murder keno ? ar koto murder case er kono shuraha hocche na...niriho public ra mair khacche...ei shob serious issue niye vocal hoya dorkar. Govt to chabei attention divert korte...dhaka bhag hoilo bhag hoilo bole to govt er kaj tai shoja kore dischen. tar maney govt tar kaje thiki successful hoye gelo. tai na ?
Apnito amake ha-hutash korte mana korchen bujhlam. Amake ektu bujhan dorkar ta ki chhilo?
Old November 30, 2011, 09:25 AM
Administrator

That's not the point. In a city that has integrated infrastructure (and poorly managed one at that), a divided administration in a country not noted for competent public governance will lead to wastage at best and deadlock at worst.

Every road, sewage, power line etc repair and construction will needed to be coordinated between two groups.

Unfortunately, propaganda to the contrary, this move was not to enhance the welfare of Dhaka citizens. This was to emasculate the powers of the current BNP mayor and mostly BNP councillors. This is a divide and conquer policy - this was a win-win situation for the Awami League. Once the president signs the bill, the BNP Khoka led administration will be out of office immediately and the two partitioned wings of the city can be run by government appointed administrators - and this gerrymandering may give AL a better chance of an electoral win.

This was a very cynical move.

What else one can say about a bill of this nature that got ramrodded through the parliament without any discussion in 4 minutes.

Viva Democracy.
Old November 30, 2011, 09:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedzero
Apnito amake ha-hutash korte mana korchen bujhlam. Amake ektu bujhan dorkar ta ki chhilo?
bhai, dhaka city r je poriman manush ar je problems tatey ek administration diye solve kora shomvob na. Accountability thake na. tar cheye kaj bhag kore dile responsibility o bare, accountability o bare. Ekhon jevabe cholteche, tatey dhaka r jiboneo kono improvement hobe na. Desh ke bachate hole aro decentralization kora dorkar. Ami to boli, 2 part ken....4 ta part kora uchit chilo dhakar. 4 ta mayor dorkar.

ar amar kotha hocche, dhaka to bhag hoye jay nai re bhai...City Corp er kaj bhag hoiche. Agey ek mayor chilo, ekhon 2 ta mayor hobe. Ete to apnar, rafique, kamal er jibon to bhag hoye jai nai
Old November 30, 2011, 09:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
That's not the point. In a city that has integrated infrastructure (and poorly managed one at that), a divided administration in a country not noted for competent public governance will lead to wastage at best and deadlock at worst.

Every road, sewage, power line etc repair and construction will needed to be coordinated between two groups.

Unfortunately, propaganda to the contrary, this move was not to enhance the welfare of Dhaka citizens. This was to emasculate the powers of the current BNP mayor and mostly BNP councillors. This is a divide and conquer policy - this was a win-win situation for the Awami League. Once the president signs the bill, the BNP Khoka led administration will be out of office immediately and the two partitioned wings of the city can be run by government appointed administrators - and this gerrymandering may give AL a better chance of an electoral win.

What else one can say about a bill of this nature that got ramrodded through the parliament without any discussion in 4 minutes.

Viva Democracy.
So why weren't the BNP lawmakers in the parliament instead of harking back to Chairman Mao, and preaching to the choir all across the country? Who's listening? BNP supporters will swallow poison if Khaleda serves it, and AL supporters will doubt Khaleda even if she came up with the most selfless plan in the world.

Don't tell me, the environment wasn't right for the BNP to be in the parliament....that 4 minute debate, could have become a 4 day debate. Instead of instantly going for the AL will lose elections at the end of 2013 mantra, why not tell us the genuine flaws with the plan, and what alternatives they have to make the DCC more effective.

The opposition in this country(be it AL/BNP) is all about saying NO. They are meant to have a shadow cabinet, and offer alternatives to every proposal the govt makes, instead it's always India hoye gelam...or Pakistan, rajakar hoye gelam.

Oh and if this is JUST a cynical ploy, I say kudos...hell, the republicans are busy redrawing electoral districts in the US, so it's good to see our politicians are learning lessons from those overseas, and broadening their horizons.
Old November 30, 2011, 09:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Perhaps there were political motives at play behind this decision but if it ultimately leads to the betterment of the citizens - even as an unintended consequence - isn't it worth a try? It's not as if things are running efficiently at the moment.
Quote:

Can you elaborate further? If each corporation is granted autonomy over the works in their areas wouldn't that lead to less bureaucracy and quicker decisions being made?
Old November 30, 2011, 09:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
So why weren't the BNP lawmakers in the parliament instead of harking back to Chairman Mao, and preaching to the choir all across the country? Who's listening? BNP supporters will swallow poison if Khaleda serves it, and AL supporters will doubt Khaleda even if she came up with the most selfless plan in the world.

Don't tell me, the environment wasn't right for the BNP to be in the parliament....that 4 minute debate, could have become a 4 day debate. Instead of instantly going for the AL will lose elections at the end of 2013 mantra, why not tell us the genuine flaws with the plan, and what alternatives they have to make the DCC more effective.

The opposition in this country(be it AL/BNP) is all about saying NO. They are meant to have a shadow cabinet, and offer alternatives to every proposal the govt makes, instead it's always India hoye gelam...or Pakistan, rajakar hoye gelam.

Oh and if this is JUST a cynical ploy, I say kudos...hell, the republicans are busy redrawing electoral districts in the US, so it's good to see our politicians are learning lessons from those overseas, and broadening their horizons.
Just because I criticized this one act of the AL, you're now asking me to defend the BNP? Mighty presumptuous of you. I'm an equal opportunity critic as well as one who will deservedly acknowledge good acts by any party. My political ties to the old country are zero - I am a card carrying Democrat. So build up that epidermis of yours.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old November 30, 2011, 09:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

What would happen if South Dhaka's Mayor is BNP and North Dhaka's Mayor is from AL? Kono kaj i hobe nah. E bolbe or administration er dosh and vice versa.
Old November 30, 2011, 09:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Just because I criticized this one act of the AL, you're now asking me to defend the BNP? Mighty presumptuous of you. I'm an equal opportunity critic as well as one who will deservedly acknowledge good acts by any party. My political ties to the old country are zero - I am a card carrying Democrat. So build up that epidermis of yours.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
You misunderstood. I meant where are the opposition in all this? The govt thinks it's the right decision, so of course it's going to go ahead. The opposition is meant to keep the govt in check.

My question while addressed to you(since I quoted your post) was in general to anyone reading this thread...They are paid to keep the govt honest, what is their role in this, or anything, in reality.

A card carrying democrat eh...suppose it is better than being a card carrying republican, so you're not associated with the Tea Party. But I find both parties to be disgusting.

I'm looking to vote for a libertarian that isn't Ron Paul. I knew Obama would in his attempts to please everyone would fail to please ANYONE, which is why I sat out the last elections, didn't vote for anyone.
Old November 30, 2011, 09:58 AM
Administrator

The opposition is even worse. The one good thing about this is Dhaka's deliverance from the corrupt Khoka.
Old November 30, 2011, 10:02 AM
Administrator

PS. I used to be libertarian but have mellowed. Obama has been a major disappointment. I wish Bill could come back, in spite of his peccadillos. But this is for the other thread.

Carry on.
Old November 30, 2011, 10:02 AM
Administrator

PS. I used to be libertarian but have mellowed. Obama has been a major disappointment. I wish Bill could come back, in spite of his peccadillos. But this is for the other thread.

Carry on.
Old November 30, 2011, 10:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Here is a thought for AL supporters who is trying to defent the bill..

If two is better than 1 than four is better than 2... Y not split four ways...

On a serious note, I hate politics for Power... at the end of the day its the citizens that suffer...
Old November 30, 2011, 10:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Here is a thought for AL supporters who is trying to defent the bill..

If two is better than 1 than four is better than 2... Y not split four ways...

On a serious note, I hate politics for Power... at the end of the day its the citizens that suffer...
Does that mean anyone who opposed it, is a BNP supporter - because based on that, we can ignore their dissent, since they would criticize anything the govt did.

Also bhai 4 part to toh korto, did you not hear the PM, taka nai....

As for hating politics for power - what do you think politics is about? Helping people? Politics is all about power, and once you gain that power, how to hold on to that power.

Be like me, have no expectations and stop looking for the govt for your answers, and watch how much better your life is.
Old November 30, 2011, 11:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Does that mean anyone who opposed it, is a BNP supporter - because based on that, we can ignore their dissent, since they would criticize anything the govt did.

Also bhai 4 part to toh korto, did you not hear the PM, taka nai....

As for hating politics for power - what do you think politics is about? Helping people? Politics is all about power, and once you gain that power, how to hold on to that power.

Be like me, have no expectations and stop looking for the govt for your answers, and watch how much better your life is.
I definately dont mean anyone opposing the bill is a BNP supporter.. I am always for liberal left leaning party and I am opposed to the bill. The last thing I want is to be associated with BNP!! I am just saying that I dont see why any sane person should support the bill.

If 2 costs more, than that is just another reason why we should not go for 2.

Politics can also be about helping people. Even bangladesh has some sincere politicians.