facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 1, 2012, 10:26 PM
Administrator

That's just muckraking by TOI - no Bangladeshi government will do such a thing. The fallout will be too costly for the party no matter the financial blandishments.
Old June 2, 2012, 07:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ShakTikMashNasir(ShakV2)
Default US to deploy 60% of navy fleet to Pacific

Leon Panetta: US to deploy 60% of navy fleet to Pacific

The US is planning to move the majority of its warships to the Asia-Pacific region by 2020, Defence Secretary Leon Panetta has revealed.

He said that by 2020 about 60% of the US fleet would be deployed there, in the clearest indication yet of the new US strategy in Asia.

Mr Panetta told a regional security meeting in Singapore that the shift was not aiming to contain Chinese power.

Beijing has indicated it is unhappy with the US boosting its presence.

Last November, President Barack Obama announced that the Asia-Pacific region was a "top priority" of US security policy.

His comments were seen as a challenge to China, which is striving to be the main regional power.

"By 2020, the navy will reposture its forces from today's roughly 50-50% split between the Pacific and the Atlantic to about a 60-40 split between those oceans," Mr Panetta told the annual Shangri-La Dialogue conference.

"That will include six aircraft carriers in this region, a majority of our cruisers, destroyers, combat ships and submarines."

Mr Panetta said the US would aim to increase the number and size of the training exercises it conducts alongside its allies in the region.

BBC

P.S. This is related to the previous news.
Old June 2, 2012, 11:43 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

ei Us ekbar amader deshe dhukle ar ber hobe na so say no to whatever they wanna do
Old June 2, 2012, 01:11 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

^^^ That's a local chayer dokan baseless gossip.

It is strategically, geopolitically and financially 100% in Bangladesh's interest to allow US naval base in BD. As a matter of fact we should let US make the biggest base of all in BD.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old June 2, 2012, 02:58 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
^^^ That's a local chayer dokan baseless gossip.

It is strategically, geopolitically and financially 100% in Bangladesh's interest to allow US naval base in BD. As a matter of fact we should let US make the biggest base of all in BD.
We think alike. I think Bangladesh will benefit immensely if US make the base in Bay of Bengal.

But unfortunately as you mentioned there are too many chayer dukan gossip goes around in Bangladesh. Anything happens its done by this or that country, the way those people say it like they have seen the blueprint.
Old June 2, 2012, 06:59 PM
Cricket Legend

I have read in some article that atn banglas owner mahfuzur rahman's brother was involved in the journalist murder. Does anyone have any credible source on it? Or does anyone know about this

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old June 2, 2012, 08:13 PM
Banned

ok heres what my mom told me and what i know: It is Mahfuzur Rahman himself who is involved in that murder himself and he's not gonna get in trouble because, he's backed up by AWAMI LEAGUE aka the boats/noukas
Old June 2, 2012, 08:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Shalar chur, nijere ki bhabe
Old June 2, 2012, 08:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar

Ei news koi pailen??
Old June 2, 2012, 08:55 PM
Banned

nahhhh....so mean to sylhetis
Old June 2, 2012, 10:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:

ki comment re bhai.. Bhodro hoye geche..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old June 2, 2012, 11:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Ei news koi pailen??
I stole it from Lal Miah's facebook. I think this is a report from some British Bangladeshi/sylheti newspaper
Old June 3, 2012, 12:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Quote:

haire...bogurar to tai...etota gyan tar mathai Sylheter bepare
Old June 3, 2012, 06:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Mahfuzur rahman was *itching about shyletis..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old June 3, 2012, 06:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Default :mad::

mane deshta asholei moger mulluk hoye jachhe.. Dr. Yunus er por ekhon Abu Sayeed Sir er pichhone lagse...amader baakshadhinota bole deshe asholei kichhu nei ekhon???ebhabe koi jon er mukh bondho kora shombhob??

Old June 3, 2012, 06:22 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

As much as this news is important, I can't quite see if it falls under "Breaking news thread" oronnya, imo.
Old June 3, 2012, 06:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
As much as this news is important, I can't quite see if it falls under "Breaking news thread" oronnya, imo.
So where does it go??? I thought any BD related news we are posting it here as I've seen many other news in this thread which doesn't fall under breaking news...
Old June 3, 2012, 06:54 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Zeeshan, a news on Sayeed sir should be in this thread. He is someone who has inspired millions of youth of our country. We learned the abc of world literature through Biswa Sahitya Kendra.

I would put him within the same bracket of Muhammad Younus, Fazle Hasan Abed and Muzaffar Ahmed sir.

It would be a great shame if our corrupt politicians dishonor him and force him to make apology.
Old June 3, 2012, 06:57 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Miraz bhai, perhaps it should. If you scroll up, however, you'd see that this thread has lost it's "breaking news" value; hence my concern was we should reserve it for news item like "earthquake, military emergency, or other grave issues." Again, just my opinion.
Old June 3, 2012, 07:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Zeeshan, a news on Sayeed sir should be in this thread. He is someone who has inspired millions of youth of our country. We learned the abc of world literature through Biswa Sahitya Kendra.

I would put him within the same bracket of Muhammad Younus, Fazle Hasan Abed and Muzaffar Ahmed sir.

It would be a great shame if our corrupt politicians dishonor him and force him to make apology.

and we (at least the Kendra members) would never let that happen !!!
Old June 3, 2012, 07:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Miraz bhai, perhaps it should. If you scroll up, however, you'd see that this thread has lost it's "breaking news" value; hence my concern was we should reserve it for news item like "earthquake, military emergency, or other grave issues." Again, just my opinion.
You have a point then may be you guys can move these discussion to another new thread ...
Old June 3, 2012, 07:09 PM
Administrator

From a breaking news thread, this has become a thread for any old news on Bangladesh that I feel interesting - whether of of a breaking nature or not.

The problem with all-size-fits-all threads like these is that dross gets equal billing to important items. Something that needs to be discussed is often quite quickly subsumed and submerged by other items and gets lost. The discussion is prematurely ended and people do not scroll back.

If we really need to have a 'official' or 'grab bag' thread, then it's better to reserve it for any old item that really does not deserve a thread of its own.

A breaking news item ALWAYS deserves its own thread. It would have been better to have the Abdullah Abu Sayeed's item in a separate thread, unless there is an on going thread on the increasing intolerance in Bangladesh politics.

I speak above as a general user.

As an admin - I have been contemplating changing this from 'Breaking Bangladesh News' to 'Miscellaneous Bangladesh News' and unstinting this. If important items come up - they should be in their own thread and we will all have the opportunity to discuss the topic.
Old June 4, 2012, 03:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

This is classic stuff. Professor Sayeed is well within his right as a citizen of Bangladesh to express his opinion and share his observations with whomever he sees fit under the law, period. There is no defamation here. NOTHING he actually said, including the offending hypothesis, has anything to do with what these MPs are all riled up about. I doubt most of them even read what he actually said before reacting in the disgraceful and embarrassing way they did.

Professor Sayeed accused nobody or or no office in particular, yet his false accusers publicly accuse him of contempt of Parliament IN PARLIAMENT and as such, contempt of popular will by way of electoral, representative democracy! That's nothing but the all-too-familiar vindictive nonsense that does nobody any good in any sustainable way. Tragic stuff.

Sadly we have too many alleged practitioners of democracy from all major political parties who don't really get what democracy actually IS, and therein lies the problem. These misguided people believe in majority rule without diligently protecting and preserving the individual liberties of those outside it at any given moment, against what Jefferson called "the tyranny of the majority". People have the right to be wrong, and those who believe in democracy, must be prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice to protect that right, especially of the people they most passionately disagree with.

Now they believe -- like many in the Bangladeshi petit bourgeoisie regardless of any particular civic and/or political affiliation -- in some form of 5-year totalitarianism under the guise of a "benevolent dictatorship" where they as rulers are always benevolent, above reproach, and beyond any regularly scheduled public accountability. They had no real choice on the term limit simply because our people have rejected all such non/anti-accountability setups since BAKSAL, through Martial Laws and then finally 1/11.

The day is not far when our people will rise up against this outrageous behavior, and they'd again be forced to understand the values they are supposed to represent and uphold, or banish themselves. The day is not far when our people begin to demand a free and transparent party primaries to get back what is rightfully ours. Dr. Selina Hayat is just the beginning InshAllah. The remedy for a dysfunctional democracy is more democracy through genuine democratic reforms demanded by the citizenry, not throwing the proverbial baby out with the bathwater. Not being in Parliament and finding any old excuse to commit crimes under the banner of a particular political movement in a society where law enforcement is highly selective, hurts democracy just as much as their always counterproductive behavior as "rulers". The day will come when we'll elect people who wish to "serve" instead.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; June 4, 2012 at 04:29 AM..
Old June 4, 2012, 04:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Not Done! Seriously? Why this man out of all!!
Autocrayc-er ekta sheema ache...Abdullah Abu Sayeed-er moto manushra -er gorbo....tader-ke jodi ebhabe opomaan kora hoi...tahole ar ei desher shadhin howar theke to poradhin thakai bhalo chilo!

Hiare Bangladesh! Kokhono gunire kodor korte to shikhloi na...ulta opomaan-er opor PHD degree paise!
Old June 5, 2012, 12:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:

this guy is another Ash or Jafarullah,his presence makes me
ei betar shahosh to kom na,London e jaya Syheti bhai der eshob bole.
mojar news,na heshe parlam na.
baper beta