facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 29, 2007, 02:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
Saifur acting BNP chief, Hafiz secretary general
related news....

BREAKING NEWS

Akhteruzzaman alleges intelligence agents asked Delwar to give up BNP post
Former BNP MP Md Akhteruzzaman Monday claimed that two senior officials of an intelligence agency had asked party secretary general Khandaker Delwar Hossain to leave his post in 24 hours. In a written statement to the media, he said the officials had allegedly asked Delwar to go to the house of former finance minister M Saifur Rahman by 7:30pm Monday and declare Saifur the party's acting chairperson and Abdul Mannan Bhuiyan secretary general. But Akhteruzzaman, himself a former military officer, did not specify which intelligence agency the officials belong to. bdnews24.com contacted several senior government officials and advisers, including information adviser Mainul Hosein, for comment. Mainul only said: "I would not comment on it as I did not read the statement."
Old October 29, 2007, 02:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

ei khane to dekhi keramoti laiga gese...good that hes not the chief anymore..Delu is not a good leader. His son is a criminal and yaba dealer.
Old October 29, 2007, 05:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Rahul Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
related news....
BREAKING NEWS
Akhteruzzaman alleges intelligence agents asked Delwar to give up BNP post
related two reports. one two
Old October 29, 2007, 06:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
related two reports. one two
Very disturbing development.
Old October 30, 2007, 03:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Babar gets 17 years over firearm
Source

Dhaka, Oct 30 (bdnews24.com) – A special tribunal Tuesday convicted former state minister for home affairs Lutfozzaman Babar of illegally possessing firearm and ammunition and sentenced him to 17 years in jail.

Judge Syed Zahed Mansur of Special Tribunal 9 for Dhaka handed down the verdict at midday.

A team of joint forces seized four firearms and a cache of bullets in a raid on his Gulshan home on May 28, but he had no papers for one of them, a revolver.

Babar is in jail now.

The former junior but powerful minister was awarded 10 years for possession of the deadly weapon and seven years for the bullets.

The judge in his verdict said the highest punishment in such a case was life in prison but Babar had been given a reduced term as he was sick and being treated at hospital.

Sub-inspector Kabir Hossain of Gulshan Police Station filed a case as Babar failed to show the security officials any valid document for a seized revolver and its 25 bullets during the search in his home.

Kabir charged Babar in the court on June 23.

As many as 14 people testified against Babar, whose counsels had termed the charges "false".

But the additional public prosecutor for Dhaka metropolitan area had earlier told the court that the former state minister should be handed down life in prison.

Babar submitted a statement in writing to the court on Oct 7, pleading his innocence.
Old October 30, 2007, 04:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

Babors sentence is absolutely hilarious. Its like the boss of the office is getting punished for not maintaining the dress code he or she set. What an idiot
Old October 30, 2007, 04:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
It's a good thing both reports come from unreliable sources....
Old October 30, 2007, 04:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
It's a good thing both reports come from unreliable sources....
....another one from bdnews24.com-

Delwar alleges death threat
source

Dhaka, Oct 30 (bdnews24.com) – BNP leader Khandaker Delwar Hossain Tuesday staked a claim to the post of secretary general and said the meeting of the standing committee was illegal.

Delwar alleged that he and his family had been threatened with death by a "quarter", which he did not name.

"A group has asked me to stay away," he said, speaking to reporters from his hospital bed in BIRDEM.

His comment came a day after the BNP's policymaking wing appointed former finance minister M Saifur Rahman as acting chief of the troubled party and Hafizudddin Ahmed as its secretary general.

Delwar, who had earlier been installed as secretary general by BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia, said: "I will press on with the responsibilities given by the chairperson."

He alleged that a quarter had conspired to split the BNP.
Old October 30, 2007, 06:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

All these news about in "coup in BNP" is indeed very worrying. You can NOT bring a qualitative change in politics with these kinda activities. Just look at Ershad, he was ousted by such a mass uprising in 1990 and he is still a political force. I feel that if Hasina and Khaleda are not punished in a proper and legal way, they will haunt us forever... just like Ershad!!!

Last edited by cricket_pagol; October 30, 2007 at 02:23 PM..
Old October 30, 2007, 09:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
....another one from bdnews24.com-

Delwar alleges death threat
source

Dhaka, Oct 30 (bdnews24.com) – BNP leader Khandaker Delwar Hossain Tuesday staked a claim to the post of secretary general and said the meeting of the standing committee was illegal.

Delwar alleged that he and his family had been threatened with death by a "quarter", which he did not name.

"A group has asked me to stay away," he said, speaking to reporters from his hospital bed in BIRDEM.

His comment came a day after the BNP's policymaking wing appointed former finance minister M Saifur Rahman as acting chief of the troubled party and Hafizudddin Ahmed as its secretary general.

Delwar, who had earlier been installed as secretary general by BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia, said: "I will press on with the responsibilities given by the chairperson."

He alleged that a quarter had conspired to split the BNP.

Lets just wait for the first allegations of "lying" to be brought against Delowar Hossain, because as we know, all BNP/AL politicians against CTG are liars while all pro-CTG politicians plus CTG members can never lie, or threaten or extort.
Old October 30, 2007, 09:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

delwar hossian is lying. First allegation
Old October 30, 2007, 09:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
Lets just wait for the first allegations of "lying" to be brought against Delowar Hossain, because as we know, all BNP/AL politicians against CTG are liars while all pro-CTG politicians plus CTG members can never lie, or threaten or extort.
That's certainly a mean thing to say. There's NOBODY in here that said or meant anything like this, and as far as I can see everyone mentioned and argued against the CTG when it was needed to be. However, as soon as all these questions got the appropriate and NON-SHADY answers, most of our concerns were overruled. In the case of our beloved politicians, can I ask you of ANYTHING that they have said which we can count on? Any documentation that they've showed us? Anything at all? I can't think of any.

Once again, the CTG is here with way too many things in their agenda than they can actually handle. That's their first mistake. But the way that they started the crackdown on politicians' corruption, that's simply amazing. It's reverse-engineering I must say, and a process that seemed to have worked in non-political situations. The message that they are trying to send out is that, with corruption, this country cannot lead to anywhere.

Yes, the biggest concern is that most of these politicians are big businessmen in Bangladesh, and we may be running into the problem of lost trade and all that. It'll be a huge blow in our economy. But if this economy falls for the cause of trying and making this top-listed corrupt country, I would still hug the CTG and congratulate them for putting the most ruthless individuals of our nation behind bars for at least a little while.

One might ask why not we take care of the ones that are corrupt, but less than these politicians? Afterall, corruption is corruption, and they should all be punishable. I would say, it's the process of reverse engineering. If these bigots are taken care of right now, the country will form a platform in which the CTGs and their bravery won't be required to punish the corrupt ones. The ones that are involved with small amounts of corruption can be charged using the ACA. And also, lets not forget that every nation in this world has corruption, and living without it altogether is impossible. But some people in our country need to get a concentrated mix of "shame" and have 5 glasses of it everyday, coz they have none.
Old October 30, 2007, 10:01 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

BanglaTiger84 needs to read the Bangla blog which Arnab has posted in another thread. Our mother-land openly got raped by the politicians. What can be the punishment? We truly have no shame if we allow them to rule again.
Old October 30, 2007, 10:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
That's certainly a mean thing to say. There's NOBODY in here that said or meant anything like this, and as far as I can see everyone mentioned and argued against the CTG when it was needed to be. However, as soon as all these questions got the appropriate and NON-SHADY answers, most of our concerns were overruled. In the case of our beloved politicians, can I ask you of ANYTHING that they have said which we can count on? Any documentation that they've showed us? Anything at all? I can't think of any.
Well I agree that the CTG is more professional and open than any of our previous govts.

What irks me often is when I see blind supporters of CTG (often expats who visit Bangladesh every 3 years, resident Bangladeshis support CTG but are often not blind in their support), dismiss any and all allegations against CTG. I have met more such supporter in real life than in BC, but they can be very annoying when they refuse to believe that the govt can do any wrong. Does it make any difference? No.

The drive against politicians was wonderful for Bangladesh, but blind unwavering support for any one person of govt can never be good.
Old October 30, 2007, 11:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
Well I agree that the CTG is more professional and open than any of our previous govts.

What irks me often is when I see blind supporters of CTG (often expats who visit Bangladesh every 3 years, resident Bangladeshis support CTG but are often not blind in their support), dismiss any and all allegations against CTG. I have met more such supporter in real life than in BC, but they can be very annoying when they refuse to believe that the govt can do any wrong. Does it make any difference? No.

The drive against politicians was wonderful for Bangladesh, but blind unwavering support for any one person of govt can never be good.
True, but neither can purely "speculative" and often fabricated to "intellectually dishonest" criticism from highly questionable sources. Sitting on a fence across the vast expanse of cyberspace while bitching moaning until the cows come home make many of us speculate as to possible ulterior motives also. Then again the last gasps before the inevitable are always painful for the iniquitous and their apologists, inadvertent and otherwise ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old October 30, 2007, 12:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Thumbs up More Good News

Quote:
Babar gets 17yrs in arms case
Star Online Report

A Dhaka court today sentenced former state minister for home Lutfozzaman Babar to 17 years' rigorous imprisonment in connection with an arms case ...

DS LINK
Stiff, very stiff ... and there are other cases pending ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old October 30, 2007, 12:48 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Not really disturbing, but quite very predictable.

[.... long story cut short.....] now BNP becomes a puppet of CTG.
Do you think some big croone like Mannan Bhuiyan could still be out if not blessed by the CTG? nope. he already made a deal with them to save his own back.

He, for one, knows the govt have enough cases to put him behind bars for consecutive life terms.

Banglae ekta kotha ase, "kata diye kata tulte hoy"...

thats exactly what this govt is doing. they are using him as a pawn to get all the other bad guys.

and Saifur Rahman?? well, he is finished anyways.. they already put his son behind bars for 13 years. he is what u call, "nake dori diye ghurano"....

now..this men has no choice but to listent to the govt and just say "yes sir" "yes Sir" to every single of thier demands...

Smart move.. I like this CTG.. seems like slowly they hv started to play their cards right...

and i can bet you guys, AL is following soon too..
they already stopped Sheikh Rehana from coming to BD to assume the BAL leadership.( which was something the party was planning in absense of S.H.)

you need to dismantle the central command of both of these parties for any hope of a real democracy and a decent "governance of the country" in the future.

im not hoping for a big sea change...but anything else than the past 37 years would be a welcome one.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old October 30, 2007, 02:48 PM
Cricket Guru

দেলোয়ার হোসেন হেভী চিপায় পরছে...বেচারা!

Delwar's son Paban arrested with Yaba links

source

Dhaka, October 30 (bdnews24.com) – The Rapid Action Battalion arrested Akhter Hamid Paban, son of embattled BNP leader Khandaker Delwar Hossain, Tuesday night, hours after a Dhaka court issued an arrest warrant.

Major Mahmud Hossain of RAB-4 confirmed the news to bdnews24.com.

"Paban was arrested at Japan Garden City in Mohammadpur shortly after 9pm," he said.

Also arrested was Paban's cousin Nahid, the RAB officer said.

Paban was at the centre of a hunt by RAB officers for a cartel of Yaba peddlers, another RAB officer had earlier told bdnews24.com.

The chief of RAB's media and legal affairs wing, Abul Kalam Azad, said: "Paban was named by other suspects who were arrested earlier."

Azad alleged that Paban had links to most inbound shipments of Yaba, a combination of powerful and addictive stimulant methamphetamine and caffeine.

An early arrest of two suspected extortionists—Anwar and Apu with a revolver and a pistol—led to the detention of Paban as they named him as the "real user of the firearms".

The Chief Metropolitan Magistrate's Court for Dhaka Tuesday issued the order to arrest Paban in a carjacking case.

According to case details, Paban's associates on October 13, 2005 stole a car of businessman Kazi Mizanur Rahman, which was parked in front of Amin Court in Motijheel.

Security forces retrieved the car and arrested him. A case was filed with Motijheel Police Station.

Paban received bail from the High Court in the case on December 28, 2006.

His father, Delwar, who was installed by BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia as secretary general to keep the party up and running in her absence, has been removed from the post in line with a decision by the party's policymaking body.
Old October 30, 2007, 06:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir

Yes, the biggest concern is that most of these politicians are big businessmen in Bangladesh, and we may be running into the problem of lost trade and all that. It'll be a huge blow in our economy..

Interesting statement. I think our bankers and our country need to be more professional than that. Most of these big businessmen have limited companies and I cannot think of one proprietorship among the allegedly corrupt businessmen. The main advanatge of limited companies is to separate the Company from the Sponsor Shareholders. It's the Sponsor Shareholders who are in jail and the companies are not run by one single man. Infact most of these alleged businessmen have fairly competent executives and paid directors. The banks should carry on normal business with the companies while the corrupt businessmen can get the proper treatment they deserve in jail.

I am making my self available if anyone offers me the post of CEO for a bank. I will revolutionize the banking sector in Bangladesh. The only catch is they have to be able to afford me.
Old October 30, 2007, 08:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney
Not really disturbing, but quite very predictable.

[.... long story cut short.....] now BNP becomes a puppet of CTG.
Do you think some big croone like Mannan Bhuiyan could still be out if not blessed by the CTG? nope. he already made a deal with them to save his own back.
He, for one, knows the govt have enough cases to put him behind bars for consecutive life terms.
Banglae ekta kotha ase, "kata diye kata tulte hoy"...
thats exactly what this govt is doing. they are using him as a pawn to get all the other bad guys.
and Saifur Rahman?? well, he is finished anyways.. they already put his son behind bars for 13 years. he is what u call, "nake dori diye ghurano"....
now..this men has no choice but to listent to the govt and just say "yes sir" "yes Sir" to every single of thier demands...
Smart move.. I like this CTG.. seems like slowly they hv started to play their cards right...
and i can bet you guys, AL is following soon too..
they already stopped Sheikh Rehana from coming to BD to assume the BAL leadership.( which was something the party was planning in absense of S.H.)
you need to dismantle the central command of both of these parties for any hope of a real democracy and a decent "governance of the country" in the future.
im not hoping for a big sea change...but anything else than the past 37 years would be a welcome one.
The biggest oxymoron in ur post is the notion of real democracy with puppet parties. If the post was sarcastic, hats off to you.
Old November 2, 2007, 09:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Democracy with allegedly 'puppet' parties as opposed to well-documented brigandage and personal fiefdoms masqurading as 'democracy' from morally bankrupt and consequently corrupt outfits which do not practice 'democracy' internally ... tough choice to some. The question is WHY ... really? ...
Old November 2, 2007, 09:31 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Democracy!! Haven't we seen enough democracy already? Year after year most corrupted nation title emerged from this democracy. Bangladesh needs no democracy. Anything different than the previous years (democracy) should be better. Be it Puppets, Martial Law, Socialism anything other than Democracy.
Old November 2, 2007, 10:43 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Democracy!! Haven't we seen enough democracy already? Year after year most corrupted nation title emerged from this democracy. Bangladesh needs no democracy. Anything different than the previous years (democracy) should be better. Be it Puppets, Martial Law, Socialism anything other than Democracy.
Dear Mijan,

I do understand your exasperations and to a certain extent, also empathize with those feelings springing from a deep love of our country.

That said, I think the problem in Bangladesh ever since its political birth first in 1947, and then again in 1971, has always been "lack of real democracy" and its actual cultivation as a set of practices by especially those who claim to lead our journey towards an authentic Bangladeshi democratic culture. Totalitarian political parties - often based on hereditary and nepotistic rule, violence and subsequently utter disdain for the laws of the land - cannot be expected do anything other than what they have done especially since 1994 until 1/11.

It should not be surprising that they put personal gain and narrow political expediency at the expense of greater national interest, and by extension the Bangladeshi people and the letter and spirit of the Constitution of our People's Republic. It must be noted that our people, by this I DO NOT refer to the rotting fish-head of our "ruling class", take their right to vote VERY seriously and have in the past 3 elections, turned out in record numbers to nullify the "margin of error" inherent in the fraudulent attempts to engineer the outcome of those elections by incumbent parties which were thrown out of power with zero uncertainty. Only 99 of the 300 seats never changed hands in those elections - BAL getting 33 and BNP 66 - leaving 201 wide open for contestation.

In each one of those elections, most people voted 'against' a political party rather than 'for' its rival, and each one of those times the leaders and 'political' NOT 'social' or 'community' activists of the victorious party betrayed that public mandate and trust by further undermining the laws of the land and use their power for financial as well as political gain. While corrupt businessmen, civil servants and army officers lined-up to 'invest' in the "business of politics", traditional 'politicians' became 'businessmen and women' to get theirs. All in all, the situation got progressively worse as the greed fueling this unrighteous and morally bankrupt engine finally reached its saturation point, and hit the fan before all the arrogant bastards had the chance to duck when 1/11 came around the corner and bamboozled them where the "Sun don’t shine".

What has been underway in Bangladesh since 1/11 is a simple attempt to establish the rule of law, as ratified by elected governments of the past, and subsequently restore the Spirit of 1971 as expressed by our Constitution. The anti-corruption drive, a real voter list with ID and integrated database, and independence of the Judiciary and before long the formal independence of the ACC and EC are all integral parts of that process which will lead to the most free and fair elections in our history since 1970. Remarkable and visible progress in reforming corrupt elements within the police, defense and civil services as well as the civil-service magistrate add important value to that process. These activities which should be regarded as 'ordinary' in a democratic nation of law, seem 'revolutionary' on in light of the iniquities of the last 35 years in general, and the past 24 to 12 years in particular. Naturally this sort of thing adversely affects all those who have benefited from the farce at the expense of our people, and more often than not, we are witnessing the last gasp before their inevitable demise. Denial works before its consequences bite you on the butt, so it's OK to fabricate, exaggerate or pointless bitch and moan just for sake of flaunting a conviction of one's own vanity. Nobody's fooled anymore, espacially in light of the not too distant past.

At the end of the day, based on my grass roots work with 'ordinary' 85% of the voter 'types' - all hardworking Bangladeshis still in touch with their moral, cultural and ethical roots – I have complete faith in their wisdom to build and enhance an authentic Bangladeshi democratic culture in a authentically democratic Bangladesh. It is a process and not an event bro. It took the USA, the first revolutionary republic in human history, until the Civil Rights Act of 1967 to start becoming authentically democratic almost 200 years after Thomases Jefferson and Paine's original vision. It won't take us that long in this Information Age partially because the process has finally been given a boost, and the dynamic and perpetually evolving practices of democracy have begun to take root through the establishment of the rule of law, and the Spirit of 1971 as encapsulated by the Constitution of the People's Republic which enable those laws to serve and protect each and every Bangladeshi against the tyranny of others.

I think you'll feel better if you talk to Alam Uncle and explore what you can do more directly for your country at this juncture. We could definitely use your noble intent and skills here in Bangladesh …

Peace, Sohel.

Last edited by Sohel; November 3, 2007 at 02:02 PM..
Old November 2, 2007, 11:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Default Interesting Breaking News

INTERESTING BREAKING NEWS

Hannan, Hafiz accuse each other of involvement in killing Zia

In a new twist to the BNP politics, Brig Gen (retd) Hannan Shah and Major (retd) Hafizuddin Ahmed accused each other of involvement in the killing of president Ziaur Rahman in 1981.

Both the BNP leaders also challenged each other today and vowed to quit politics if the allegation against them is proved to be true.

Hafiz and Hannan Shah threw the challenge at each other through the newspeople who went to their respective houses as part of regular reporting.

Hafiz, recently appointed as acting secretary general of the BNP by pro-reformist leaders, said it was rumoured in the army at that time that "one of our leaders, then a soldier, helped General Manzur in implementing his plan."

He said, "What we saw on television was that Hannan Shah, on behalf of General Manzur, negotiated with (then) army chief General Ershad in Dhaka."

Hannan Shah alleged recently that Hafiz betrayed President Ziaur Rahman. In response, Hafiz today said he was a staff officer at the army headquarters and had no soldier under his command.

Responding to Hafiz's allegation, Hannan told reporters that he had no involvement in any activities relating to Zia's killing.

"If Hafiz can prove my involvement, I will quit politics," he said, adding that Hafiz would have to seek apology for his falsehood and quit politics too.

"Had I been involved in the killing, I would have been tried … there was no evidence against me," Hanna said.

SOURCE: DS. I WILL UPDATE THE LINK WHEN THE ACTUAL ARTICLE COMES UP.
Old November 2, 2007, 11:30 AM
Cricket Savant

The alcoholic father with a dope dealing son bet on the wrong horse, and less than mediocre tin-can 'general' Hannan Shah begins to be exposed for the chump he really is ... EXCELLENT !!! ...

But why is Hafiz uncle bringing this up NOW after all these years? Nobody's dumb enough to regognize opportuism and cowardice as what they are not. Talk about double chumping !!!