facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 24, 2007, 11:53 AM
pagol-chagol's Avatar
pagol-chagol pagol-chagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 19, 2003
Location: Web
Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv
Posts: 4,037
Post NTV leaks team to Zim-Taposh,Tamim,Sharif in

NTV news said the 15 man team has been set and will be announced on the 25th. Sharif, Tamim, Mushfiq and Taposh are in and Pilot will sit out due to injury.
__________________
Ashraful is like the Eids. Lots of fun twice a year.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old January 24, 2007, 12:04 PM
pagol-chagol's Avatar
pagol-chagol pagol-chagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 19, 2003
Location: Web
Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv
Posts: 4,037

Faruq in the interview mentioned that he likes Zunaed Imrose and couple of others (I forgot). I guess Tamim jumped over him with his consistency. Zunaed's days are coming soon. Farooq is really worried about lack of form of BD batsman. He thinks performance in the domestic circuit is important for new players to penetrate into the national team. The newsmen have started to refer to Taposh as an all-rounder. Shareef is really excited about his own batting. Shahriar says all batsman have lean days, and thinks his lean patches will come to an end soon. Nothing wrong with his techniques. Bashar kebla said something, but I always block out whatever he says.
__________________
Ashraful is like the Eids. Lots of fun twice a year.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old January 24, 2007, 12:10 PM
Farhad's Avatar
Farhad Farhad is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 11, 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan
Posts: 2,815

Thats the end of Mashud......He shouldnt be brought into the WC, thats for sure. He hasnt played in the international stage for......i dunno, quite some time now. Mushfiq is gonna be brought in.
__________________
^True dat^
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old January 24, 2007, 12:18 PM
sadi's Avatar
sadi sadi is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 3, 2005
Location: In my room
Favorite Player: Mushi
Posts: 6,709

If Mushfiq can play one or two good innings, it will be very hard for the selectors to drop him for the world cup. I thought only one between Tapash and Sharif will get in but looks like both of them will get a chance to prove themselves and fight for the third seamer spot. So if I am not mistaken, these are the 15 selected for the Zim tour:

Shahriar Nafees
Tamim Iqbal
Aftab Ahmed
Sakib Al Hasan
Habibul Bashar
Mohammad Ashraful
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mashrafee Mortaza
Mohammad Sharif
Abdur Razzak
Shahadat Hussain
Tapash Baishya
Mehrab Hussain
Mohammad Rafique
Forhad Reza/ Nadif Chowdhury
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old January 24, 2007, 12:26 PM
pagol-chagol's Avatar
pagol-chagol pagol-chagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 19, 2003
Location: Web
Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv
Posts: 4,037

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
If Mushfiq can play one or two good innings, it will be very hard for the selectors to drop him for the world cup. I thought only one between Tapash and Sharif will get in but looks like both of them will get a chance to prove themselves and fight for the third seamer spot. So if I am not mistaken, these are the 15 selected for the Zim tour:

Shahriar Nafees
Tamim Iqbal
Aftab Ahmed
Sakib Al Hasan
Habibul Bashar
Mohammad Ashraful
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mashrafee Mortaza
Mohammad Sharif
Abdur Razzak
Shahadat Hussain
Tapash Baishya
Mehrab Hussain
Mohammad Rafique
Forhad Reza/ Nadif Chowdhury
Russel out????
__________________
Ashraful is like the Eids. Lots of fun twice a year.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old January 24, 2007, 12:29 PM
AsifTheManRahman's Avatar
AsifTheManRahman AsifTheManRahman is offline
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 12, 2004
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Posts: 27,675

did they really drop rasel? i guess it would make sense, since it's pointless taking five seamers in the side. not that i support the idea of dropping rasel - i thought only one of taposh/sharif should've been in the team, but the selectors are obviously in a way better place to make any judgement. good to see sharif making it back to the team after such a long time - speaks of hard work and determination.

looks like it's an open field for mushfiq now; if he scores, he's in the WC team. if he doesn't, he'll have to wait.
__________________
Screw the IPL, I'm going to the MLC!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old January 24, 2007, 12:30 PM
cricket_dorshok's Avatar
cricket_dorshok cricket_dorshok is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 16, 2006
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq
Posts: 3,563

Pilot should be out of ODI team, no question about it. don't we have wicket keeper so that Mushfiq needs to compete with them like Tamim with Junaid .......? it seems that Mushfiq is kinda automatic choice as his predecessor.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old January 24, 2007, 12:33 PM
sadi's Avatar
sadi sadi is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 3, 2005
Location: In my room
Favorite Player: Mushi
Posts: 6,709

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagol-chagol
Russel out????
I wouldn't think they will pick Rasel when there are already four seamers in the team. Plus I am not sure whether Forhad Reza is in the team but if he is, you can add him to that list eventhough I don't count him as one.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old January 24, 2007, 12:36 PM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 17,063

Feel sad for Rasel
I think selectors played like Mehrab (no risk...play safe!)
Well, now have to wait to see If Nadif could make it !!
__________________
> Start slow. Build a base. Then explode.
> I needed to perform so that I could give my countrymen an occasion to cherish and be proud of - Ice Man
> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old January 24, 2007, 12:43 PM
pagol-chagol's Avatar
pagol-chagol pagol-chagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 19, 2003
Location: Web
Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv
Posts: 4,037

Ashraful said that Sharif is by far the best old ball bowler in Bangladesh. He can reverse swing the ball really well. Sharif and Ash started playing for BD at the same time 4 years ago. When Sharif got injured and couldn't ball for sometime, he became a good batsman.
__________________
Ashraful is like the Eids. Lots of fun twice a year.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old January 24, 2007, 12:47 PM
tglover's Avatar
tglover tglover is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 14, 2004
Location: Perth, Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 386

Nice to see Tamim in and Sharif back. Too bad for Pilot ... bad timing of injury I still think he is #1 choice for the world cup because of his experience and talent ... lets hope he gets better soon and doesn't have a sad end to his international career
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old January 24, 2007, 01:05 PM
Orpheus's Avatar
Orpheus Orpheus is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 25, 2002
Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Posts: 5,836

NOt playing Mashud in the world cup will be the biggest mistake you can make!!! There is NO TIME for EXPERIMENTATION NOW.

Mushfique will just be a back up wk... I don't see the logic in picking Sharif/taposh over Rasel though...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old January 24, 2007, 01:12 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,900

I think 15 member squad will look like this -

Shahriar Nafees
Tamim Iqbal
Aftab Ahmed
Sakib Al Hasan
Habibul Bashar
Mohammad Ashraful
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mashrafee Mortaza
Mohammad Sharif
Abdur Razzak
Shahadat Hussain
Tapash Baishya
Mehrab Hussain
Mohammad Rafique
Syed Rasel/ Nadif Chowdhury

Farhad is defnitely out. I think Nadif do not have place in the current squad. Selectors might opt for him due to lack of runs from other players in the domestic league (to be fair nadif hasn't performed as well).

I am seriously against dropping Rasel. I will take Rasel over Sharif in any day.
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old January 24, 2007, 01:39 PM
BangladeshFan's Avatar
BangladeshFan BangladeshFan is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 16, 2004
Posts: 2,106

tamim is leftie right? they chose 3 left handed openers in the team which is bad selection. why not zunaid in place of mehrab?? playing safe against zimbo babies ........ when will these bd selectors learn to be positive?
__________________
When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Gets Going.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old January 24, 2007, 01:50 PM
TheWatcher TheWatcher is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 20, 2005
Posts: 4,782

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
tamim is leftie right? they chose 3 left handed openers in the team which is bad selection. why not zunaid in place of mehrab?? playing safe against zimbo babies ........ when will these bd selectors learn to be positive?
Junaid is a lefty too. Most of the big eight teams also open with two lefties nowadays, don't see anything wrong with that approach.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old January 24, 2007, 02:27 PM
HereWeGo HereWeGo is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 7, 2006
Posts: 2,339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
NOt playing Mashud in the world cup will be the biggest mistake you can make!!! There is NO TIME for EXPERIMENTATION NOW.

Mushfique will just be a back up wk... I don't see the logic in picking Sharif/taposh over Rasel though...
If one more time someone uses the word experience to defend mashud than i will fall sick..

Get this fact right... he just cant bat... even against the most benign attack in the world. World cup 2007 will be played in future and not in past so please lets judge him by wat he is now than wat he was before.

His experience never came of ne use to the team. His captaincy (some thing that might judge hiss experience) is not only bad but is Rubbish. He stopped Shahadat from bowling right after he had gotten a hattrick in the AWAY zim series, the match that we lost on the last bowl. furthermore he did not bowl tapost the full quota of his overs in the last WC while playing against Kenya. taposh bowled really well that day and instead of him he bowled Sanwar hussain at the end, Not even a regular bowler. So please don use the word experience. he is a burden to the team neways
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old January 24, 2007, 02:41 PM
Farhad's Avatar
Farhad Farhad is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 11, 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan
Posts: 2,815

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
If one more time someone uses the word experience to defend mashud than i will fall sick..

Get this fact right... he just cant bat... even against the most benign attack in the world. World cup 2007 will be played in future and not in past so please lets judge him by wat he is now than wat he was before.

His experience never came of ne use to the team. His captaincy (some thing that might judge hiss experience) is not only bad but is Rubbish. He stopped Shahadat from bowling right after he had gotten a hattrick in the AWAY zim series, the match that we lost on the last bowl. furthermore he did not bowl tapost the full quota of his overs in the last WC while playing against Kenya. taposh bowled really well that day and instead of him he bowled Sanwar hussain at the end, Not even a regular bowler. So please don use the word experience. he is a burden to the team neways

You would have a point if Mushfiq actually performed....Thats the thing, hes been given quite a few chances now, and i dont see Mushfiq performing any better than Pilot did. Mushfiq might be a good batsman, but since he didnt score yet, we shouldnt experiment this close to the WC. The only wicket keeper we have that has already shown the potential to score high in an international match should be kept
__________________
^True dat^
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old January 24, 2007, 02:42 PM
Mahmood's Avatar
Mahmood Mahmood is offline
Administrator
Operations & Administrations
 
Join Date: June 20, 2002
Location: Montreal, Canada
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 7,776

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
I don't see the logic in picking Sharif/taposh over Rasel though...
I remeber Whatmore mentioned he prefers allrounders over just bowler or batsman for ODI.

If Taposh/Sharif is close to Russell in Bowling yet bats much better, definitly a good choice for ODI.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old January 24, 2007, 02:44 PM
HereWeGo HereWeGo is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 7, 2006
Posts: 2,339

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD4eva
You would have a point if Mushfiq actually performed....Thats the thing, hes been given quite a few chances now, and i dont see Mushfiq performing any better than Pilot did. Mushfiq might be a good batsman, but since he didnt score yet, we shouldnt experiment this close to the WC
Please don tell me that u think in ODI format Pilot will come of better use. Mushfiq is a very safe keeper also and definately a better batsmen. might not be really good but better than pilot...
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old January 24, 2007, 02:47 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 15,762

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
If one more time someone uses the word experience to defend mashud than i will fall sick..

Get this fact right... he just cant bat... even against the most benign attack in the world.
Forget about our national team and WC2007. Currently he is a liability even to his local team, Abahani. His batting was dragging the team down (before his injury).

The bad news is he will be back in Abahani for the next round (round 6) of local league.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old January 24, 2007, 02:51 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 15,762

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Feel sad for Rasel
I think selectors played like Mehrab (no risk...play safe!)
Well, now have to wait to see If Nadif could make it !!
I don't know .... I thought at-last they are playing a lit-bit aggresively by choosing Mushfiq (over Pilot), Sharif &Tapash (over Rasel may be?), Tamim (0ver Rajin and Gullu).

I just hope they also select Nadif (over Ash).... but I know that's not going to happen.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old January 24, 2007, 02:59 PM
sadi's Avatar
sadi sadi is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 3, 2005
Location: In my room
Favorite Player: Mushi
Posts: 6,709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
The bad news is he will be back in Abahani for the next round (round 6) of local league.
Only as a batsman. So don't be surprised if you see him bat up the order and don't be surprised if Abahoni loses against Brothers.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old January 24, 2007, 03:03 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 15,762

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
Only as a batsman. So don't be surprised if you see him bat up the order and don't be surprised if Abahoni loses against Brothers.



Quote:
‘It’s unfair to say at the moment who has been picked in the squad. The only thing I can tell you is that we have taken four seamers and both Tapash and Mohammad Sharif have been considered,’ said Faruque.


That pretty much spell out that Rasel is not in the team.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old January 24, 2007, 03:17 PM
sadi's Avatar
sadi sadi is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 3, 2005
Location: In my room
Favorite Player: Mushi
Posts: 6,709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
That pretty much spell out that Rasel is not in the team.
And Forhad?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old January 24, 2007, 03:23 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 15,762

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
And Forhad?
Most likely out. If he comes, he need to come as a batsman allrounder. It will be between Nadif & Forhad, even though Nadif is now only batsman. Ideally it should be between Ash, Nadif and Forhad for two slots.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket