facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 9, 2007, 11:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Ashraful Shld Be Axed

I Think If The Selectors Got Some Brain...they Shld Drop Out Ashraful For The 4th Match N Give Him An Warning. Leave Alone Everything,2day We Wanted Ashraful To Perform...he Dint...gud News Is The We Wont This Gam Somehow...

Wht Do U Guys Think..ash Drop Out Or Not???

Old February 9, 2007, 11:40 AM
ODI Cricketer

Ashraful is proving once again that you can't depend on him. We need to give Tushar Imran a chance now. He should be axed not for the next match only, for the WC as well if we want do well. He is a reckless guy who doesn't know what is meant by responsibility.
At least it is proved that experience doesn't count always. Had there be Pilot today instead of Mush, we would lose the match undoubtedly.
Old February 9, 2007, 11:45 AM

I am sure Ash is out from next game, not sure about WC though.
Old February 9, 2007, 11:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

1. NOOOOO!!! I want Ash in the 4th ODI.

2. I don't want Tushar to be tried again for one match only. That would be another mistake and become a non performing statistics.

3. I want Ash out of the WC squad after the 4th ODI if he can't get a 50+. There I said it. Forhad is 10 times better than current ODI Ash. He gives another bowling option.
Old February 9, 2007, 12:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
1. NOOOOO!!! I want Ash in the 4th ODI.

2. I don't want Tushar to be tried again for one match only. That would be another mistake and become a non performing statistics.

3. I want Ash out of the WC squad after the 4th ODI if he can't get a 50+. There I said it. Forhad is 10 times better than current ODI Ash. He gives another bowling option.
You are right as tigers's eyes are right in finding their prey
Old February 9, 2007, 12:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Er mane Tiger bhai Ash ke ekebare nengta na kore charbe na. Ami mone korsilam bhaloy bhaloy biday dibo.
Old February 9, 2007, 12:06 PM

When Ash came on the pitch today, we were in a position to score 250+ only if he could score a mere 20 runs. Instead he just fell for RUNOUT scoring 3!!! To me it's unforgiveable! I want to see a butt kick in next match no matter what.
Old February 9, 2007, 12:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

2 questions. Was Ashrarul's run out caused by Bashar who has a knack for getting his partners out. Did the team management have so little confident in Asharaful that when we were at a crucial moment, we sent in a rookie to save the team instead of Ashraful? He doesn't evern bowl anymore. Why is he 7th? If he can't save us from Z. and needs to be saved by a rookie what is he?
Old February 9, 2007, 12:35 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

I think by now we know that Ashraful will never perform against the likes of Kenya, Zmbabwe.

If we're not playing against teams like Australia or Sri Lanka or India, then talented players like Ashraful just doesn't think that he should be the one to score today.

My soluton? Let him play all the big matches with India-SL-AUS-ENG only.
Old February 9, 2007, 12:36 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

And do you remember, Ashraful scored 50 when Zimbabwe had players like Heath Streak, Flower brothers in the team?
Old February 9, 2007, 12:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
Er mane Tiger bhai Ash ke ekebare nengta na kore charbe na. Ami mone korsilam bhaloy bhaloy biday dibo.
I don't know about you but I don't want to be frustrated in WC. I have never seen an off-form player regaining form in international cricket. Never!!! If we yank him now he will come back in the team again in expense of Tushar and noone would mind then.

Say they plug-in Tushar and he makes a 30+, heck 50+ or below 20. That don't mean anything. Selectors as well as fans would not hesitate to put Ash back in the lineup for the WC as if he is our Moses, and citing Tushar's performance was against a minnow.

But if Ash fails in all four outings, and we are not going to try a new player Tushar for the WC and Forhad comes into play. Ash staying in the team can't be justified then by any sain man.

I didn't want to expose his bou pitano jontro. Left his underwear on.
Old February 9, 2007, 12:49 PM
Cricket Legend

we got too high expectation from him. if we can persist with a tortoise mehrab for 8-9 matches, we can also persist with ashraful. can anyone put up the stat for last 8-9matches of Bd batsmen, which will give a better comparison?
Old February 9, 2007, 12:55 PM
Club Cricketer

title of the forum could be altered to suggest: Ash axed after 4rth odi ..unless offcourse the paranormal intervenes.

untill then he's got every rights to stay in the tour
Old February 9, 2007, 01:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwullah
I think by now we know that Ashraful will never perform against the likes of Kenya, Zmbabwe.

If we're not playing against teams like Australia or Sri Lanka or India, then talented players like Ashraful just doesn't think that he should be the one to score today.

My soluton? Let him play all the big matches with India-SL-AUS-ENG only.
LOL.

Actually, the fact of the matter is, we don't have the talent to say we can beat India or Srilanka, except on a rare occasions when lightning strucks, and they are a little off.

In the world cup we should beat Bermuda with just about any lineup.

To make a major upset against India or Srilanka, we need to have players who are not necessarily safe, but, if click, can give us a respectable total.

Most of us, including me, have little or no faith in Ashraful, but if India/Srilanka had a choice to drop one of our players, they would choose one from Ashraful, Nafees and Mashrafee.

They would want us to populate our team with safe players, like Mehrab Jr., who would make mediocrity our ceiling. I am not for Tamim either who is not ready, and may never be ready.

Right before the world cup we have more questions than answers. How sad.

I am all for Rahim, not only because of his batting, but because he creates better chemistry with his team-mates, and I want 2011 world cup in BD to be his 2nd world cup, not first.
Old February 9, 2007, 01:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:
What a plan. Brilliant Tiger bhai!!!!
Old February 9, 2007, 01:27 PM

Quote:

Very humorous!
Old February 9, 2007, 01:28 PM
Club Cricketer

bangladesh seems to be doing well off in the bowling dept. as for batting, its only #1 & #6 which seems to be uncertain b4 the WC. And its clear we've established rahim as a better prospect than pilot. so y not play all of TI, ASH, Tamim & mehrab in the final odi and let them fight it out to the WC squad as there's little left to lose in the series! SN, Aftab and shakib are automatic choices even if they perform terrible in the last match, i say give two of those three a rest!
Old February 9, 2007, 01:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I have never seen an off-form player regaining form in international cricket. Never!!!
Looks like Bashar, Nafees and Rahim stunk it up in the league but playing fairly well in Africa.
Old February 9, 2007, 01:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Dump Ashraful! Are you crazy? We should clone him into 10 more players. In this way, we can be assured that one of the clones will perform agains SL and India.
Old February 9, 2007, 01:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateCut
Dump Ashraful! Are you crazy? We should clone him into 10 more players. In this way, we can be assured that one of the clones will perform agains SL and India.
LOL

We need 2 to score centuries, because we know the other 9 will be out close to 0. Its a hail mary pass for us in football terms, until our Australian players (Nadif and Zunaed) are ready.
Old February 9, 2007, 01:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

I tushar should get atleast one chance to play since he came to the tour. So somebody should be dropped? I am in favor dropping aftab for a game because he always gets out by playing a reckless shot (very similar to ashraful, but scores more runs than ash). Aftab has not been dropped recently for his irresponsible style of playing. I would not drop Ashraful at this moment, because in the first game he came in very late (scored 23), second game played a reckless shot and in the 3rd game he was runout.
Old February 9, 2007, 02:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

drop ash plzz. if we are sending him at no 7 what does it say about his role in the team? A BURDEN, dah.
Old February 9, 2007, 02:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Next game Ashraful should bat in top 5. Yes, there is no way he is being dropped before the World Cup. If he is playing for sure, it would be better for the team if he got a big score now. He has been disappointing and inconsistent as always. Good that the public expectation surrounding him has waned. Now maybe just maybe he can play his elusive 'natural game.'
Old February 9, 2007, 02:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateCut
With his current form if we clone him into 10, we will be a cloned version of Bermuda team.
Old February 9, 2007, 02:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
I tushar should get atleast one chance to play since he came to the tour. So somebody should be dropped? I am in favor dropping aftab for a game because he always gets out by playing a reckless shot (very similar to ashraful, but scores more runs than ash). Aftab has not been dropped recently for his irresponsible style of playing. I would not drop Ashraful at this moment, because in the first game he came in very late (scored 23), second game played a reckless shot and in the 3rd game he was runout.
I agree with you about Aftab. He is a good reader of ball but he is too careless. He needs a losson. He needs to know the value of one down position and also needs to know that his position is not secured if he fails to play.