facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 25, 2007, 11:17 AM
Street Cricketer

Default cricinfo issue with ball-to-ball update

How come crickinfo doesn't show ball-to-ball update? Whereas they show some local matches update in India/SA/England? This BAN/BER/CAN tri-series is the official ODI tournament by ICC. The same thing cricinfo did with the last ZIM/BD series. Why dont' the care about BD ODI's.
This is not acceptable guys. what do you think?
Old February 25, 2007, 12:46 PM
Street Cricketer

teh BD-ZIM match was not broadcasted due to ZIm political issue.(ZIM didnt allow any news reporter/journalist to enter the country to make the live broadcast. there were plenty of articles written about thsi issue. again its about sending people to countries like ZIM and Bermuda and the expense that it takes.

For the local games for SA and India- they have people already stationed there in those countries. so its not an extra cost to them.
Old February 25, 2007, 01:00 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: AB de Villiers

cost beshi lagle laglo..... amra shobai pas taka kore dilam?
Old February 25, 2007, 03:35 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by catstrophy
cost beshi lagle laglo..... amra shobai pas taka kore dilam?
hahahaaaa........catstrophy. I don't mind to pay 5 taka to get live update.
Old February 25, 2007, 07:01 PM
First Class Cricketer

How do I listen/watch to the BD vs NZ on march 5th ? That is more important than others .
Old February 26, 2007, 05:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadithr
teh BD-ZIM match was not broadcasted due to ZIm political issue.(ZIM didnt allow any news reporter/journalist to enter the country to make the live broadcast. there were plenty of articles written about thsi issue. again its about sending people to countries like ZIM and Bermuda and the expense that it takes.

For the local games for SA and India- they have people already stationed there in those countries. so its not an extra cost to them.
sorry mate, your logic doesnt count at all. world cup is going to be held couple of weeks later on the same venue... os dont tell me cricinfo will not send their team to cover that one. and the cost? sorry i cant buy it.. its only thing whether cricinfo care about 150 million ppl or not?
Old February 26, 2007, 05:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Another anti cricinfo thread....I am telling again if you guys don't like cricinfo...just go to another site....
Old February 26, 2007, 05:38 AM
Editor of The Cricketer Magazine
Former U.K. editor of ESPNCricinfo

On behalf of Cricinfo, I apologise for the lack of ball-by-ball commentary for this match, but unfortunately our resources can only stretch so far, and without TV coverage for this tournament, we are not in a position to provide the regular updates that we give for other matches. Our scorers and journalists have a busy two-month stay in the Caribbean coming up, and unfortunately it has not been possible to find the resources to extend our time in the region

I sympathise with the fans who are relying on us for scores, but bear in mind that - for all that this is an official ODI - it is little more than a warm-up game, and a fairly one-sided one at that. Even when England and India are playing warm-ups in places such as Australia and South Africa, ball-by-ball coverage is the exception rather than the rule.

I assure you all that, come the start of the World Cup itself, Bangladesh's matches will be given the high profile and coverage that they deserve. Not least when they beat India on March 17!
Old February 26, 2007, 05:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewwisden
I assure you all that, come the start of the World Cup itself, Bangladesh's matches will be given the high profile and coverage that they deserve. Not least when they beat India on March 17!
Andrew, thank you for such an assurance. We fans can accept nothing more than this from your esteem site.

Again, thank you for taking all the time and effort to come up with an explanation on ball-to-ball update.
\"In this game, there is no pretending, no mercy, no second chance....in the middle of this huge arena he is on trial, one against eleven, with no one to protect him.....cricket is not a game, it is the truth of life\"
-- J.M.Coetzee, In Boyhood: Scenes from a Provincial Life
Old February 26, 2007, 05:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Thanks for expressing apology for the lack of coverage of the ODI between Bangladesh and Bermuda. It will be interesting to see if cricinfo will ignore the ball-by-ball coverage of Bangladesh vs New Zealand game on the same pretext of one sided or warm up game. As for the prediction of Bangladesh beating India on March 17, it sound a little sarcastic, after all cricinfo should be unbiased towards a world cup match, given it's reputation and stature.
Old February 26, 2007, 10:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanglaCool
Thanks for expressing apology for the lack of coverage of the ODI between Bangladesh and Bermuda. It will be interesting to see if cricinfo will ignore the ball-by-ball coverage of Bangladesh vs New Zealand game on the same pretext of one sided or warm up game. As for the prediction of Bangladesh beating India on March 17, it sound a little sarcastic, after all cricinfo should be unbiased towards a world cup match, given it's reputation and stature.
LOL Good StuFF!!
Old February 27, 2007, 02:31 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
On behalf of Cricinfo, I apologise for the lack of ball-by-ball commentary for this match, but unfortunately our resources can only stretch so far, and without TV coverage for this tournament, we are not in a position to provide the regular updates that we give for other matches. Our scorers and journalists have a busy two-month stay in the Caribbean coming up, and unfortunately it has not been possible to find the resources to extend our time in the region

I sympathise with the fans who are relying on us for scores, but bear in mind that - for all that this is an official ODI - it is little more than a warm-up game, and a fairly one-sided one at that. Even when England and India are playing warm-ups in places such as Australia and South Africa, ball-by-ball coverage is the exception rather than the rule.

We have been listening to live radio broadcast online. That is not good enough for your updates?

How do you know BD will beat India? Fans are still dreaming of it, but you seem to be certain? Any betting involved?

bhai ebong bonera amar .... shesh kotha tai Ektu pechailam .... onnovabe niyen na ... oder eishob faltu karon shunte aar bhalo lage nah.
Old February 27, 2007, 10:55 AM
BC Editorial Team

Folks - good ole Andrew engages in a bit of cheerleading and you jump on him for that too?
Andrew - thanks for coming and explaining your side of the situation. I seem to recall that in the past, CI utilized volunteers for ball-by-ball updates. Seeing that the matches are being broadcast on radio - how difficult can it be? I'm sure if CI were to solicit volunteers, we here at BC would find a few reliable people for you guys. Like it or not, many people don't know about BC but they all know about CI and go to it for ball-by-ball updates.
Old February 27, 2007, 12:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Rekhechhe bangali kore, manush kore ni. Bermuda ar Canada-r loge matcher jonno eto falafali?

On the other hand, surely Cricinfo with its large amount of revenues can hire people to provide this sort of coverage. They are not obliged to, but it seems to be something they can do if they want to.
Old February 27, 2007, 03:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Not least when they beat India on March 17!
ahh, we have another believer in the ranks!!!
Old February 27, 2007, 09:07 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnab
Rekhechhe bangali kore, manush kore ni. Bermuda ar Canada-r loge matcher jonno eto falafali?
Tsk! Tsk! Romanized বাংলা from you অর্নব? বড়ই বেমানান

For those not in the know, Arnab and Nasif are the primary force behind BC's support of Bengali.
Old February 27, 2007, 10:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

We all are pretty good at commenting. I'm sure we have some computer genius here. Why don't we open up a new website promising to update every match that BD will play. You might have to spend some money to buy streaming/dish, however, you'll get it covered. Also, it will even cover big one's (one that are not on TV/Live) to go to ground. You'll not only make money, also, you'll get lots and lots of DUA.
Old February 28, 2007, 01:47 AM
First Class Cricketer

We can't beat India but we have great chance against Srilanka though .
Old February 28, 2007, 03:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Tsk! Tsk! Romanized বাংলা from you অর্নব? বড়ই বেমানান

For those not in the know, Arnab and Nasif are the primary force behind BC's support of Bengali.
Typing Bangla in BC is going to get better. Working on it right now.
Old March 2, 2007, 01:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote: