facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 8, 2017, 12:22 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Why do people get banned so quickly Here

EmperorHawk, should of gotten a stern warning or a infraction before that 1 month ban seriously, he is just new to the forum,As a ex-lurker I've seen many get banned in this forum, mods should go easy on the bans or we won't have members.....Was a nice bloke
Old January 8, 2017, 02:11 PM
First Class Cricketer

In 4 years time forum will have below 10 members.
Old January 8, 2017, 07:57 PM

Favorite Player: Mash

are you sure he didn't get any warning or infraction before?
Old January 8, 2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat
EmperorHawk, should of gotten a stern warning or a infraction before that 1 month ban seriously, he is just new to the forum,As a ex-lurker I've seen many get banned in this forum, mods should go easy on the bans or we won't have members.....Was a nice bloke
Mods know better as to who should get a warning or an infraction or a ban or not as they only know the reason behind that specific action/s.

Please do not judge not knowing the details.
Old January 8, 2017, 09:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Other fourms are lot flexible. BC is already under members. Some of the bans i experience was silly. Plus the long waiting period to lift the ban.
Old January 8, 2017, 11:50 PM
Test Cricketer

I was having a good chat with EmperorHawk,shame he was banned,brought a different perspective.
I am surprised I haven't got banned yet.
Good to see some Indians on here.
Old January 9, 2017, 02:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mustafizur, Sabbir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinan
In 4 years time forum will have below 10 members.
Not meant to say such. careful, one could be next to go, stating out like this...

Don't know about 4years time. After CT '17 I know where I'm going. Only reason brings me here is pure passion for cricket, to talk about cricket ok a cricket specific place.

Got an account on pp havent been more than 3months. Over there, they are lot open minded, troll each other, if a post is indecent it gets removed. Why can't bc remove posts and say after 5removals of ones post per week, if he/she continues certain bad behaviour, gets a warning. Idk, something more fair, for sake of this forum, which has gone really dry.
Old January 9, 2017, 04:41 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

In a few months time you will have more 'Mods' and BC 'staff' then actual BC members.
Old January 9, 2017, 08:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
Other fourms are lot flexible. BC is already under members. Some of the bans i experience was silly. Plus the long waiting period to lift the ban.
I also agree. Sometimes jokes get misunderstood by so many. And for sometime the real buzz kill was the wait one minute to post another message in the same thread.
Old January 9, 2017, 09:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Not meant to say such. careful, one could be next to go, stating out like this...

Don't know about 4years time. After CT '17 I know where I'm going. Only reason brings me here is pure passion for cricket, to talk about cricket ok a cricket specific place.

Got an account on pp havent been more than 3months. Over there, they are lot open minded, troll each other, if a post is indecent it gets removed. Why can't bc remove posts and say after 5removals of ones post per week, if he/she continues certain bad behaviour, gets a warning. Idk, something more fair, for sake of this forum, which has gone really dry.
I come back here as I like being in touch with Bangladeshis as I dont get to see many (even if not like mind). But I agree with your post.
Old January 9, 2017, 04:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Certainly we are behind not only in our cricket but also in our attitude. PP participants are millions times than BC. Why? Why cant we pull the members here?

I think its time to revamp the BC.
Old January 9, 2017, 10:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
Certainly we are behind not only in our cricket but also in our attitude. PP participants are millions times than BC. Why? Why cant we pull the members here?

I think its time to revamp the BC.
no no no no no u got it all wrong its because all the members of BC are old now so they are busy now so they dont come here anymore.
Old January 9, 2017, 11:48 PM
Club Cricketer

Matter of fact is that u can't just ban someone for one month whats the chance of him returning we just lost another member due to a unesscary 1 month ban,ban for 3 days and then if offender recommits then ban for a month.We loss tons of members for overharsh punishments
Old January 10, 2017, 02:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Matter of fact is that u can't just ban someone for one month whats the chance of him returning we just lost another member due to a unesscary 1 month ban,ban for 3 days and then if offender recommits then ban for a month.We loss tons of members for overharsh punishments
Try 6 months for not getting a joke
Old January 10, 2017, 05:26 AM
Club Cricketer

[QUOTE=adamnsu;1956416]Try 6 months for not getting a joke[/QUO

This is what happens when u have 30-49 yr old mods
Old January 10, 2017, 10:05 AM
Cricket Legend

[QUOTE=DinRaat;1956429]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Try 6 months for not getting a joke[/QUO

This is what happens when u have 30-49 yr old mods
I am a user who falls into that age group. However I thought the older you get the better understanding of jokes one gets πŸ˜€

It is possible some people take their status a bit too seriously?
Old January 10, 2017, 10:10 AM
Club Cricketer

[QUOTE=adamnsu;1956448]
Quote:

I am a user who falls into that age group. However I thought the older you get the better understanding of jokes one gets πŸ˜€

It is possible some people take their status a bit too seriously?
The mods should start unbanning some members, since 6months-1month is too long for a ban, Just don`t unban the life banned members or the certified trolls....This forum is on the death road...Sorry in advance if my previous post was a bit stereotypical
Old January 10, 2017, 10:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

I've had my fair share of issues with the mods in the past. I have been a BC staff member too in the past, and got many warnings for any comments that was not deemed appropriate. I did stop visiting BC for that reason at the time...but I see that there's a bigger issue. It's Bangladeshis in general. Go to cricinfo and read up all the comments. BD team duita series jitse in bangladesh, ei futanir chotey our fans lose their minds and troll other sites. Problem is, this profile of users exist on BC as well. And then, add the over-policing practices of our deshi culture to the mix. Our culture instills this in our belief...we're taught to police everything. Ke ki bollo, oitar onno meaning ghuray pechay we make a mountain out of a molehill.
Old January 10, 2017, 10:11 AM
Club Cricketer

I bet 90 Percent of the people on bans don`t ever return, unless they are complete fanatics about BC
Old January 10, 2017, 10:13 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
I've had my fair share of issues with the mods in the past. I have been a BC staff member too in the past, and got many warnings for any comments that was not deemed appropriate. I did stop visiting BC for that reason at the time...but I see that there's a bigger issue. It's Bangladeshis in general. Go to cricinfo and read up all the comments. BD team duita series jitse in bangladesh, ei futanir chotey our fans lose their minds and troll other sites. Problem is, this profile of users exist on BC as well. And then, add the over-policing practices of our deshi culture to the mix. Our culture instills this in our belief...we're taught to police everything. Ke ki bollo, oitar onno meaning ghuray pechay we make a mountain out of a molehill.
Ive noticed good members getting banned in my lurking era, and some *** holes as well, but banning for 1-1 year is just way too harsh, instead of infractions just issue a 24hour ban to let them think of their actions, sheesh don`t just hand them a 1 month-6month ban, whats the chances of them coming back
Old January 10, 2017, 10:20 AM
Cricket Guru

DayNight - I'm not familiar with all the BC moderation procedures that's currently in place. If it's the same as what was in place 5 years ago (when I stopped visiting), it requires a major overhaul. Social media has evolved...moderation rules have changed.
Old January 11, 2017, 03:20 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Malinga

I think we should promote this forum otherwise soon enough we have less than a dozen member here. Many members are being banned for not following the forum rules (whether knowingly or unknowingly.)
Old January 11, 2017, 03:31 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtachetna
I think we should promote this forum otherwise soon enough we have less than a dozen member here. Many members are being banned for not following the forum rules (whether knowingly or unknowingly.)
PROMOTE THE FORUM HAH, yesterday my thread suggesting mods to loosen up a little was just deleted
Old January 11, 2017, 10:10 AM
Cricket Guru

DinRaat - while forum traffic is important, one of the etiquette for forums is to not hit the "new thread" button at every random thought. It annoys people, dilutes quality of discussion in a forum, etc. Just a thought...seeing a slew of new threads on numerous topics from you (some good, some not so...imo), I wonder if you would consider searching for existing threads and resurrecting them as opposed to just opening a new one.
Old January 11, 2017, 10:55 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar

I think Mods are quite fair in this forum, not sure why posters are complaining. EmpHawk was derailing the match thread continuously by accusing one poster as Pakistani even though that poster is quite civil. So I think his banning is justified.

One thing I would like to change here in BC though is that there should be a match referee room where banned posters can interact with Mods/Admins. If a banned member can convince mods that his ban is unjustified,it can be over turned or reduced. Now once a member is banned, he has no way to contact BC and just have to wait till his ban term expires.