facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 14, 2015, 08:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default Can you live without a cell phone?

Are you addicted to your cell phone? If promised/proven it would give you cancer if you continue to carry it.

Is the cell phone today, the cigarette of yesterday?
Old May 14, 2015, 10:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Miju, I didn't start using a cell phone until my postdoc (after my PhD). Could I live without it? Yes.

Would I, in the absence of any detrimental reason? No. I like having an internet connected computer small enough to fit in my pocket. I like not having to carry around a heavy backpack filled with the half a dozen new books that I'm reading simultaneously.

And I have seen no real solid data that suggests that cell phones cause cancer.
Old May 14, 2015, 11:01 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
And I have seen no real solid data that suggests that cell phones cause cancer.
When cigarette (Commercially) started we didn't know cancer. Now we know how bad it is. This is just for the sake of argument. Cell phones, cell towers emit electromagnetic radiation. EMF/ELF radiation is real, right? The side effect includes everything. May be in near future we will know the entire scope of the effect.
+++
Mamu, 3 nombor. Chobi deksen? Just like Omi bhaia. Bhuri'r upor naki shuiye rakhey. Hahaha!!!
Old May 14, 2015, 11:06 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: #75,Taz,Mush,Tigers

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't Microwaves emit EM Waves; so too are Radio Stations????
Old May 14, 2015, 12:43 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Living without cell phone? No problem. Living without an Internet connection? Extremely difficult. But I do believe I can do it. The most I passed was probably 2 weeks (going home, didn't have internet for a while).
Old May 14, 2015, 04:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

I have no doubt in my mind that i can. I don't even charge my phone many nights I often end up carrying a dead cellphone anyway.

In fact i would be happier without a cell phone because only person that ever calls me is my wife and it drives me crazy. And content of the call is always the same: on the way back can you do this, can you do that......

NO I CAN'T, DO IT YOURSELF!!

Last edited by iDumb; May 14, 2015 at 04:46 PM..
Old May 14, 2015, 09:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
When cigarette (Commercially) started we didn't know cancer. Now we know how bad it is. This is just for the sake of argument. Cell phones, cell towers emit electromagnetic radiation. EMF/ELF radiation is real, right? The side effect includes everything. May be in near future we will know the entire scope of the effect.
Miju, I'm presenting two links, one to the American Cancer Society, and the other to the National Cancer Institute at NIH.

Basically, the cohort studies so far are inconsistent and inconclusive (largely because depending on people to accurately recall or report their habits is generally a fool's errand). I tend to have more confidence in lab studies on model animals, and that has not shown any such correlation to date. That's not to suggest that we can assert conclusively that cell phones DO NOT CAUSE CANCER, but that's because it's almost impossible to prove a negative given the data at hand.

Quote:
Mamu, 3 nombor. Chobi deksen? Just like Omi bhaia. Bhuri'r upor naki shuiye rakhey. Hahaha!!!
Mashallah!