facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 5, 2007, 04:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

Anyone seen Transformers:The Movie its rly gud, the movie uses very gud special effects. Also by da way cant wait for Rush Hour 3. Has any1 seen the other two Rush Hour movies, its so funny man.
Old August 5, 2007, 04:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: PRINCE OF KOLKATA!!!

aint see transformers ill see it soon. rush hour 3 cant wait till it comes out!! first 2 were hilarious. like when chris tucker is in that chinese cab, and he's speaking chinese, chris responds "imaslapu, imaslapu, imaslapu" proper fast lol.
Old August 5, 2007, 04:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengaliprince176
aint see transformers ill see it soon. rush hour 3 cant wait till it comes out!! first 2 were hilarious. like when chris tucker is in that chinese cab, and he's speaking chinese, chris responds "imaslapu, imaslapu, imaslapu" proper fast lol.
Yeh.....lol they made me crack up so much
Old August 5, 2007, 04:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ash,Mushi &Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubel_18
Anyone seen Transformers:The Movie its rly gud, the movie uses very gud special effects. Also by da way cant wait for Rush Hour 3. Has any1 seen the other two Rush Hour movies, its so funny man.
Ye i watched Transformers today it was quite good actully!!!!!
Old August 5, 2007, 09:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Charlie Chaplin

"Fun With DIck and Jane" - just laugh your heart out.
Old August 6, 2007, 11:18 AM
Test Cricketer

lol dick and jane was funny, when he tries robbing that kwik-e-mart (sorry Americans dont know name), and he cnt even get the gun out lol
Old August 6, 2007, 01:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

watched the ultimatum (Bourne) last night. I did like it even though I didn't watch the first two. Special effect was cool (car chase). The plot was kinda predictable but that is ok. Haven't seen the other two so can't compare but would give A-. which means you guys can go and watch.

My main attraction was in the trailers of an "Anthony Hopkins" movie with Angelina (November), and Nick Cage (October) one.
Old August 6, 2007, 02:22 PM
Cricket Sage

I heard ultimatum (Bourne) is the best among the three.

Watched an one year old indian Movie, called "The Warrier" starring Irfan Khan. I like his acting. Liked the movie.
Old August 6, 2007, 02:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Any one watch "To Kill A mockingbird"?

I liked the book better. In the movie Scout cracked me up. The way she talked.
Old August 6, 2007, 02:28 PM
Test Cricketer

bloody hell bancan bro, i watcvhed that for my gcse course this year. im sick of that book, but i got to admit, the issues it raised were very important and it wasnt a bad book. lol ye scout was funny that southern accent always gets me laughing
Old August 7, 2007, 03:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Rahul Dravid

Just watched The Bourne Ultimatum.....good stuff....worth watching it
Old August 8, 2007, 06:55 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Thumbs up Proof

Wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_%282005_film%29

Quote:
The movie opens with Catherine (Gwyneth Paltrow) talking to her father Robert (Anthony Hopkins) after he startles her watching TV in the middle of the night. He gives her a bottle of champagne for her birthday, which she starts drinking from the bottle, commenting on how bad it is. They chat for a while about the nature of insanity and how he is crazy, but then she challenges his admission that he is crazy, pointing out that he had just admitted that the nature of insanity is that you can't acknowledge your own insanity. He reminds her that he's not just crazy — he died last week and his funeral is tomorrow.

Awoken from this dream, Catherine realizes that there is someone still upstairs -- Hal (Jake Gyllenhaal), a former student of Robert's. Robert was a professor in the University of Chicago's math department and Hal is a fledgling grad student, struggling to advance in the field with any sort of developments of his own (as are most of the grad students at University of Chicago). In his younger years, Robert had made many advances in mathematics and is quite famous and well regarded for it, but struggled with mental illness for the last 20+ years of his life.

Catherine asks him why he is still there and he confesses that he thinks that somewhere in Robert's books of notes there has to be additional products of his mathematical genius. Catherine asks him what there has been in the notes he's made it through. Hal confirms that it was gibberish, but tells her that it would make a career for someone to find even a fraction of the advances Robert made in his early to mid twenties. She asks if he is trying to steal her father's work, and he says that, no, he would credit the discovery to her father. She demands to see his backpack and pulls it off of his back, dumping it out while trying to find any of her father's belongings. Nothing found, she apologizes and he gets ready to leave. As he's walking out the door she picks up his folded up coat from a chair, thinking he is forgetting the garment, but a notebook falls out. She yells at him, and calls the cops, but he tells her that he was going to give it to her as a present because it has something complimentary written about her in it. He leaves, and the cops pull up, but she sends them away.

The next day, for the funeral, Catherine's sister Claire (Hope Davis) arrives in a town car. A huge contrast to the unkempt Catherine, Claire is an overly put together, bordering on completely neurotic New Yorker. Relations between the sisters are tense, and Catherine can't stand her sister's constant harping on appearance-related issues. Catherine is also upset that Claire didn't care for her father as much as Catherine did in his final years. Catherine's ultimately futile struggle to keep up with her own studies as her father ceases to be able to care for himself is documented in a series of flashbacks. She had started math grad school at Northwestern (Robert asks her: "You actually want to live in Evanston?") and fell behind in her coursework after she returned to check on her father and found him living amongst dirty dishes and sitting outside. He tells her that his brain is working again after the mental illness had interrupted it for a number of years, but she stays to take care of him.

At the funeral, a lot of this frustration on Catherine's part comes out. She is upset at the high number of people there, in this very somber ceremony planned by others, and held in Rockefeller Chapel, a huge Gothic structure that is part of University of Chicago. She interrupts a string quartet and yells at everyone for not being there for her father while he was alive, and ends by saying she's glad her father died. After she storms out, Hal follows her and asks if she needs to be walked home. She declines his offer.

Claire is set on selling Robert's house back to the University, and Catherine is upset that she will be kicked out, since this is where she's been living for the past few years. Claire wants to bring Catherine to New York, and it comes out that Catherine may be struggling with the same mental illnesses that her father struggled with. They have a wake at the house the night after the funeral, and Hal's band plays. Claire gets smashed drinking with a theoretical physicist from the University, and Catherine and Hal end up sleeping together.

After they consummate their affections, Catherine is seemingly comfortable with Hal's intentions toward her family, and gives him a key to her father's desk. He goes up to the office and finds a notebook which contains a lengthy but apparently very important proof — a mathematical discovery of sorts. He is very excited and shows the discovery to Catherine and Claire, saying that this discovery could get anyone tenure at any math department in the country. He asks Catherine how long she knew about this and why she didn't tell him about it. She tells him that she wrote it. This is met with silence from Hal and incredulity from Claire. The handwriting looks like Robert's. Hal says that sometimes parent-child handwriting is similar if they spend time together. But Claire pushes Hal into a corner and forces him to admit that he is somewhat doubtful that Catherine could have written the proof. She gets upset and tries to tear the book up, but Hal takes it to have people in the math department look at it and see if the proof is accurate ...
Enjoyed the subject matter immensely and good performances all around. The ending could've been better. Still, a good movie from 2005.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 8, 2007, 03:23 PM
Test Cricketer

just saw transformers, the BC memebers here were right!! brilliant film reli liked it!! now im lukin forward to Rush Hour 3
Old August 8, 2007, 03:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
watched the ultimatum (Bourne) last night. I did like it even though I didn't watch the first two. Special effect was cool (car chase). The plot was kinda predictable but that is ok. Haven't seen the other two so can't compare but would give A-. which means you guys can go and watch.

My main attraction was in the trailers of an "Anthony Hopkins" movie with Angelina (November), and Nick Cage (October) one.
T_E so far to my knowledge they didn't use any special effect in bourne ultimatum. all done by stunt people in real time... I loved it, the best movie in 2007 so far.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old August 8, 2007, 03:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

what do you think about "the kingdom"? I felt its going to be a typical Hollywood Action movie
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old August 8, 2007, 03:48 PM
Cricket Savant

A huge Jason Bourne fan, I'm waiting for my next trip to BKK to watch it, or the pirated DVD to hit the stores, whichever comes first.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 8, 2007, 03:50 PM

Was too lazy to go and watch it [the bourne ultimatum] at the cheap theatre for the show that started 50 minutes ago. Will put it off another day.
Old August 8, 2007, 03:50 PM
Cricket Savant

sohel bhai,
how does that "proof" end? If that's the end i would be pissed.
Old August 8, 2007, 03:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
sohel bhai,
how does that "proof" end? If that's the end i would be pissed.
Hit the link bro, or get the movie ...
Old August 9, 2007, 11:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

i went to see 'private fears in public places' (coeurs) on monday evening.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0498120/

http://www.channel4.com/film/reviews/film.jsp?id=162243
Old August 9, 2007, 12:51 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Just watched a beautiful mind. Great movie. 3.5 out of 5.
Old August 9, 2007, 12:51 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Oh man you guys should try joox. its the best. its .net by the way.
Old August 9, 2007, 02:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
Just watched a beautiful mind. Great movie. 3.5 out of 5.
I'd like to know what grading scale you use. 3.5 out 5 is only 70%. 70% and great? What would 95% be then?

By the way, Beautiful Mind is a good movie. More like 4.5 out 5 to me.
Old August 10, 2007, 12:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Rahul Dravid

Wild Hogs was really funny
Old August 10, 2007, 12:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
A huge Jason Bourne fan, I'm waiting for my next trip to BKK to watch it, or the pirated DVD to hit the stores, whichever comes first.
Just saw it tonight ... and it is better than I hoped for. 2 hours of exhilaration. two FULL hours of exhilaration. No breather, no filler. One of the greatest movies I have ever seen.

The ending is awesome. Kudos to Greengrass.