facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 22, 2007, 11:13 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiq,Tamim, Mashrafee

talking about movies is anyone gonna see the Mr.Bean's holiday ?
Old August 22, 2007, 12:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinni_93
iv watched tha..its kool film...funny lol
best part wen he attempts to speak french lmao!!!
Old August 22, 2007, 01:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinni_93
Havent seen dat one, I mite actually go and watch dat thanx for reminding me abt it
Old August 22, 2007, 01:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

pink..panther 2 is comin outt..starrin ashwariyaa..
Old August 22, 2007, 01:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: PRINCE OF KOLKATA!!!

rush hour 3!!! LMAO!!! funny film!!
Old August 22, 2007, 01:31 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
pink..panther 2 is comin outt..starrin ashwariyaa..
cool ive seen the last one it was hilarious
Old August 22, 2007, 01:32 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumz_01
iv watched tha..its kool film...funny lol
best part wen he attempts to speak french lmao!!!
i know im gonna go watch it. its so funny when he says gracious
Old August 22, 2007, 01:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Rowan Atkinson married to an Indian... just sum info i thought i share lol. the film was funny i remeber the series, in the 90s old times!!!
Old August 22, 2007, 02:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengaliprince176
Rowan Atkinson married to an Indian... just sum info i thought i share lol. the film was funny i remeber the series, in the 90s old times!!!
Oh rite didnt know, dats kool
Old August 23, 2007, 11:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Mr. Brooks. Not a complete waste of time and money. A somewhat mediocre treatment of an idea that would've been better treated and subsequently expressed by a smarter director with more existential depth, someone like David Cronenberg for example. Costner continues to bug, William Hurt doesn't. A decent HBO movie for nights with nothing better to do.

2.75 out of a possible 5 stars.

&nbsp

Plot from Wikipedia, link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Brooks

Quote:
Plot

Earl Brooks (Kevin Costner) is an upstanding business owner and family man who, at the beginning of the film, is named the Portland Chamber of Commerce’s Man of the Year. Secretly, Earl is addicted to killing – a dark side of his psyche that manifests into a gleefully sadistic alter ego named Marshall (William Hurt). After receiving the chamber’s recognition, Earl ends his two-year killing drought with a thrill killing of a dance couple at their home. Though Earl’s meticulous planning is almost a science, he makes a big faux pas by shooting the victims when the blinds are open.

Earl attends a meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous without telling the group the nature of his addiction. He tells Marshall that his constant attendance at the meetings has kept his demons in check for two years. The next day, Earl’s daughter, Jane, comes home, having dropped out of school. Jane reveals that she’s pregnant, but Earl fears his daughter is hiding a worse secret. More pressing, though, is the appearance of “Mr. Smith” (Dane Cook), a peeping tom who was photographing the dance couple making love when they were shot – and now knows that Earl is the serial killer known as the “Thumbprint Killer.” Smith’s demand is that he tag along with Earl on the next killing – a proposition Earl agrees to. However, for several days Earl postpones the murder, to Smith's frustration.

Meanwhile, Portland Detective Tracy Atwood (Demi Moore) takes on the Thumbprint Killer case and quickly zeroes in on the neighbor Mr. Smith (real name Bafford) – suspecting that he’s hiding something. Tracy is dealing with her own problems, though, as her sleazy ex-husband wants a large divorce settlement, and a serial killer she previously locked up (“Meeks”) has broken out of jail and wants her dead. Meeks attacks Tracy on the street, but she escapes with moderate injuries.

Detectives arrive at Earl’s house, but not to speak to him, but rather his daughter, who left school abruptly after a student was murdered with a hatchet. Jane pleads innocence to questioning. Earl realizes that his daughter is guilty and afflicted with the same “addiction” he has. To save her, he travels to her college campus in disguise and replicates her hatchet murder, making it appear that a serial killer on campus must be responsible rather than Jane. The ploy works. At the same time, Earl and Marshall talk about how to stay one step ahead of Mr. Smith and his blackmail, while also learning everything they can about their police pursuer, Tracy.

Earl begins to reevaluate his own life and decides it’s for the best if he himself was murdered – a decision that infuriates Marshall. His plan is to take Mr. Smith out on a thrill killing (as promised) in the hopes that Smith will get up the nerve to then kill Earl. Tracy gets a search warrant for Mr. Smith’s apartment, believing him to be the Thumbprint Killer. When she enters the apartment, she finds it empty, with only a forwarding address where the furniture supposedly is. She investigates the address, but is shocked to find it’s the hideout location of Meeks. A gunfight ensues, and Tracy injures both Meeks and his girlfriend. With jail inevitable, Meeks kills his girlfriend and himself.

At the thrill killing location, it’s revealed that Earl's targets are Tracy’s sleazy ex-husband and his divorce attorney, who are now lovers. After Smith urinates down his leg out of nervousness, Earl steps out of the shadows and murders both victims. Just as planned, Smith is exhilarated by the killings and pulls a gun on Earl in the car afterward. The men end up at a cemetery, where Smith is going to shoot Earl so he falls into an open grave. Smith pulls the trigger, but the gun doesn’t fire. Earl reveals that he manipulated the gun because he changed his mind about being killed. Earl kills Smith and buries him in the open grave. With Smith’s DNA at the last Thumbprint Killer crime scene (his urine) and Tracy’s suspicion, Earl knows his identity is still safe. Earl also says that he was the one who arranged for Tracy to find Meeks.

After the killings, Earl is back to his normal life, pledging to Marshall that the killings are over. He has another fear now: that his pregnant daughter’s thrill for killings will eventually make him a victim. Earl calls Tracy anonymously and gets her to confess exactly why she became a cop. She recognizes that the voice is not Bafford (Smith), so she has a hunch that the real Thumprint Killer is still out there.

Earl promises Marshall that he will never kill again, and goes upstairs to bed. As he kisses the seemingly sleeping Jane goodnight, she suddenly stabs him in the neck with a pair of scissors and watches him bleed to death. Earl wakes up, revealing the previous scene to have been a nightmare, and begins to pray as the film ends.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; January 23, 2008 at 04:50 AM..
Old August 31, 2007, 09:21 PM
Cricket Sage

The fabulous Baker Boys - the fall and rise of the pianist duo when they trio up with Michelle Feifer after a terrible interview. Michelle leaves the band after she falls for the younger Baker Jeff Bridges. The movie is a delicacy and can be good to spare a nighttime couch hour.
Old September 3, 2007, 08:39 AM
Test Cricketer

watched quite a few movies on holiday-on the 12 hour flight and at the hotel in the evening.

Spiderman 3- fairly good not as good as the first 2, but exciting- too mnay plots anbd characters in my opnion.

Mr Bean's Holiday- LMAO!!! Rowan Atkinson what a legend!!! it was funny and enjoyable

Shrek 3- surprisingly funny and enjoyable- it was reli good ( hey 12 hours is a long time- i thought i wud watch it even if my lil sis was watchin wiv me....)

Dhoom 2- crap! didnt like it- basically a brown hollywood film- it isnt a bollywood film end of story- songs were nice and lots of action but overdid it.

X-men 2- lol i watched this half way thru- didint make sense to me obviously. havent watched the first one- it was funny watching Vinnie Jones!!!

Dont know name- but a film with Matthew Perry (Chandler from Friends) about teacher teaching difficult children-nice film, very touching
Old September 3, 2007, 08:19 PM
Cricket Legend

I like reality, real dreams. And Bourne series thrilled me really. One of the best movies I have ever seen. All the three films are as good as anything you will ever see. Thanks a bunch Paul Greengrass!

People might think that they used special effects in Bourne films but people are wrong. They shooted everything in real time and stunts. They way Bourne fought the assassins was incredible. What I liked most was- a group of people were trying to kill someone but they could not, moreover Bourne defeated them again and again. Real life stories, now we can imagine what goes on in CIA.

People say Bourne films are the answer to the Bond films but I say Bourne films are way better than Bond films. Bond films are full of special effects, gunfire. Lacking in real life gem. But Bourne series is different. Real,hand fights without guns, car chase, handhold cameras, use of brain.These films depict a man's battle with a group of intellience, rise and fall of some powerfull CIA hands. Brilliant.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old September 7, 2007, 03:53 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

movie lovers check this website
Old September 7, 2007, 04:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Has anyone seen Superbad yet? I want to see it but first I want to know if it is any good.
Old January 22, 2008, 03:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

did anyone watch this movie? if so what did you think?

My Architect: A Son's Journey (2003)

My Architect

BY ROGER EBERT / February 20, 2004

That Kahn was a great architect is clear from the loving photography of his work by his son. His masterpiece, the capitol of Bangladesh in Dhaka, is a building that invites the spirit to soar. His other works included the Kimbell Art Museum in Fort Worth, the Yale Art Gallery, the Salk Institute in California, and, most surprising, a "music boat" he designed almost like a vessel from a cartoon. The boat sails into a harbor, folds up into a proscenium stage, and presents a concert for the listeners onshore.

It was his great disappointment that his plans for a synagogue in Jerusalem were never taken up; ironic, that his greatest work was built by a Muslim country.

the whole review
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old January 22, 2008, 09:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

O wow. What a loss. I am really sad to learn that Heath Ledger passed away. He was a great actor and i was looking forward to the new Batman movie.

RIP Heath Ledger
Old January 22, 2008, 09:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Watched Mr. Bean's Holiday, did not really move me - alot of Bean were missing.
Old January 22, 2008, 11:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

RIP Heath Ledger.
Old January 23, 2008, 12:49 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: D.Steyn & G.Smith

fav movie has to be the goodfellas (1990). anyone who hasnt seen it is missing out big time....robert de niro is so freakin awesome!
Old January 23, 2008, 12:50 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: D.Steyn & G.Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
RIP Heath Ledger.
not a big fan...but saw the dark knight trailer...by far the most perfect joker! too bad he wont be in the third movie
Old January 23, 2008, 05:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Things We Lost in the Fire: Brilliant movie from Susanne Bier about loss, survial and moving forward. Poetic narrative beautifully punctuated by outstanding performances from two of my favorite actors, Halle Berry and Benicio del Toro. Deeply moving for those of us who have experienced such loss.

4.5 out of 5.

Quote:
Plot

Audrey Burke is reeling from the shock of the news that has just been delivered to her door by the local police: her warm and loving husband Brian, the father of their two young children, has been killed in a random act of violence. Once anchored by the love and comforts of their 11-year marriage, Audrey is now adrift. Impulsively, she turns to Jerry Sunborne, a down-and-out addict who has been her husband’s close friend since childhood. Desperate to fill the painful void caused by her husband’s death, Audrey invites Jerry to move into the room adjacent to their garage in the hope that he can help her and her children cope with their sudden loss. Jerry is facing a daily battle to stay off drugs, but in his unexpected role as surrogate parent and friend to Audrey’s son and daughter he finds a core of inner resilience. As Jerry and Audrey navigate grief and denial, their fragile bonds are constantly tested. Working together, however, they discover the strength to move forward.

LINK
Trailer
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old January 23, 2008, 07:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Saddened by the loss of Heath Ledger. Don't feel like watching any movie for a while.
Old January 25, 2008, 08:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Sylvester Stallone cannot talk or act, his heavy Italian drenched blunt rough voice does not make much sense too often but when you hear Rambo you still feel that adrenalin rush in your veins. Ok here he comes, Mr. RAMBO 2008.

Old January 25, 2008, 10:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

no gud movies out noww...first sunday is ok..nothing special...