facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 7, 2012, 11:11 PM
MLC World Series I

Nope, no IMAX in Bangalore
Old June 8, 2012, 02:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Brilliant Film.
Spoiler Alert:

I think those two are different planets and two different engineers. What I understood was that the black chemical was some sort of bio weapon/mutagen either harvested out of xenomorph colony elsewhere or genetically engineered that these engineers carried in their ships. What happened in Aliens was probably a case of contamination to a different engineer that was probably piloting the ship somewhere.
*spoilers* Yeah, they are different moons/planetoids... I got that later from reading the imdb FAQ (LV-223 vs LV-426). But, to me it seems a bit coincidential that they find a crashed engineer ship in Alien to explore. I feel that they started out trying to make this the same moon/planetoid as the other, but then they changed the details far enough to realize that the two plots didn't connect and then just abandoned the idea and decided to declare them different moons/planetoids!
Old June 8, 2012, 04:23 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Java show/hide option fail goru! Fail! Hahahahahah FAiL!
Old June 8, 2012, 04:27 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

Watched the movie To kill a Mockingbird and i have no words for it. Must Watch!

by- Harper Lee and movie was released in 1962....:p so good luck finding the movie
Old June 8, 2012, 04:32 PM
Test Cricketer

watched this yesterday, gotta love Christopher Waltz

Old June 8, 2012, 05:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Java show/hide option fail goru! Fail! Hahahahahah FAiL!
* javascript

Learn the difference... for your own sake.
Old June 9, 2012, 01:42 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Madagascar 3 did not disappoint. Nice ending to an awesome series, I hope they leave it at this and don't to push for a 4th one.
Old June 9, 2012, 01:47 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Madagascar 3 did not disappoint. Nice ending to an awesome series, I hope they leave it at this and don't to push for a 4th one.
raat birote det er sathey movie dekhe firlen money hoy dada...
The guy you hit? If he got a look at the plates, it won't even take that long. There's no play here. There's no angle, there's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up.
Old June 9, 2012, 01:52 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
raat birote det er sathey movie dekhe firlen money hoy dada...
nah re bhai tharik tarik nai, ami tow amader Naimul Huda hai er moto Player manush na, eka eka cartoon er movie dekhte jai, where is the SMBL thread when you need it
Old June 9, 2012, 04:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Old June 9, 2012, 01:33 PM
MLC World Series I

Watched Prometheus today. Wasn't as gripping as Alien but was a very good movie..
Old June 9, 2012, 01:44 PM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by goru
*spoilers* Yeah, they are different moons/planetoids... I got that later from reading the imdb FAQ (LV-223 vs LV-426). But, to me it seems a bit coincidential that they find a crashed engineer ship in Alien to explore. I feel that they started out trying to make this the same moon/planetoid as the other, but then they changed the details far enough to realize that the two plots didn't connect and then just abandoned the idea and decided to declare them different moons/planetoids!
Thanks for that link. Interesting. Was thinking about that in the theatre..
Old June 9, 2012, 04:47 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
nah re bhai tharik tarik nai, ami tow amader Naimul Huda hai er moto Player manush na, eka eka cartoon er movie dekhte jai, where is the SMBL thread when you need it
Ajfar, SMBL is for Screw My Bangla Life when technically the situation you describe is just an example of your pathetic lifestyle. So that thread wouldn't have helped either. :p
The guy you hit? If he got a look at the plates, it won't even take that long. There's no play here. There's no angle, there's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up.
Old June 9, 2012, 04:48 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by goru

Sure pointing it out makes him feel like a bada...
Old June 10, 2012, 02:41 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Watched Madagascar 3. It was hilarious. I mean from start to finish it is completely rofl type movie. Loved it.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old June 10, 2012, 09:06 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

serpico dekhlam, pacino bhai to cheita meita fire...
Old June 11, 2012, 10:32 AM
MLC World Series I

Watched A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas, was meh, but fun. Can't get anywhere near to Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle. Man after watching that movie for the first time, all I wanted to do was, eat burgers.
Old June 11, 2012, 10:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
Watched A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas, was meh, but fun. Can't get anywhere near to Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle. Man after watching that movie for the first time, all I wanted to do was, eat burgers.
It's not quite the same unless you precede the burger eating with the requisite hunger inducing activity. The first was hilarious.
Old June 11, 2012, 04:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
It's not quite the same unless you precede the burger eating with the requisite hunger inducing activity. The first was hilarious.
Even the 2nd one wasn't too bad. 3 is a lucky number for few Animated series: Toy Story, Madagascar. I didn't watch the third shrek but I heard it wasn't too bad.

Looking forward to watch Ted, you can't go wtong with Seth McFarlene. Also for all the Nemo lovers, they will be releasing Nemo in 3D for limited time. I saw the trailer during Madagascar. I got my hopes up thinking they are doing Nemo 2.
Old June 14, 2012, 05:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Just watched Warriors.. Didnot saw anything like that quite for a while... Everything of this movie is just perfect.. One of the best movie i've ever seen.. such a emotional movie..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old June 14, 2012, 01:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Watched another beautiful movie.. Submarine..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old June 14, 2012, 01:14 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:

Sure pointing it out makes him feel like a bada...
u should see the colbert report segment on it (the episode with martin sheen as guest)
Old June 18, 2012, 11:48 AM
MLC World Series I

Saw Rock of Ages today, if you like 80's glam metal/rock and the scene during the days, you will really like the musical. Top performance from Tom Cruise.
Old June 26, 2012, 11:04 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Watched quite a few movies recently:

1. Finally came around to watching Glengarry Glen Ross, that is primarily famous for Alec Baldwin's epic cameo speech. When I was learning how to write plays at University, we had to study this script, so I was glad to finally see the movie. Al Pacino is great, as you would expect, but I think Jack Lemmon as Shelley Levene really steals the limelight with his slobbering, hand-rubbing desperation. Would really recommend it to anyone remotely interested in the real estate business and/or wants to see a star studded cast.

2. I watched Gulaal following the recommendation of one of my West Bengali friends, and I wasn't disappointed. Besides the acting and the depiction of Rajputana politics, I loved the character of Prithvi Bana portrayed by Piyush Mishra. He acts as the supposedly half-witted brother of Dukey Bana, the leader of the subversive Rajputana movement, but in reality he has the most perceptive and memorable lines; often delivered as lyrics in thinly-veiled political songs. In effect, he had a great resemblance to the 'Fool' in Shakespeare's Twelfth Night. Along with Baburao Ganpatrao Apte, I think he's one of my Indian film characters!

3. Another Al Pacino flick - The Devil's Advocate. The film starred Keanu Reeves pre-Matrix and it was Charlize Theron's first 'big film', so Al Pacino as the Devil is the biggest draw. It's possibly one of Pacino's less remarkable roles but nonetheless he has a memorable diatribe against 'God' towards the end of the film. I also loved his line about vanity being his favorite sin. Beyond the acting, the film left me with very mixed emotions. The film depicts the corruption of wealth and power in an intriguing way that builds throughout the film and thankfully, the Devil is not horned and fanged but I found the deeper theme concerning evil vs. free will to be superficial. In fact, I was slightly alarmed by the ultra-conservatism of the movie as it depicted most women as temptresses luring men to their doom, men as power-seekers and anyone with wealth as innately evil. It even went so far as to imply that lawyers should choose not to defend their clients if they are seemingly guilty (thus depriving them of the right to fair trial!).

4. Moving to a slightly older era, I watched North by Northwest by Alfred Hitchcock yesterday. It's supposed to be a precursor to the first 'spy thriller' and according to Ian Fleming, it was the dashing looks and charm of Cary Grant that inspired the creation of his novels' main protagonist, James Bond. I suppose as a movie from 1959, the cinematography was impressive and the sexual tension between Eva Marie Saint and Cary Grant was risque but in the modern context, it is not particularly memorable. I watched it only a day ago but unlike the fantastic 'Kind Hearts and Coronets', I can't remember a single line of dialogue!

Next up, a Touch of Evil(1958) by one of my favorite directors, Orson Welles and Lost Horizon (1937), as recommended to me by an English friend.
Old June 27, 2012, 01:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Yet another unnecessary sequel...