facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 11, 2007, 11:40 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
Since you will most likely not be in the stadium, you may think your thoughts will not affect the team. You are posting on a WORLD WIDE WEB.. anyone has access to your posts, including yes our players....
I am posting what the players already knows. That is: on paper they are not supposed to beat teams like India, but in any given day specially in ODI anything can happen in a single game i.e. they are not out of any hope. Bangladesh is underdog. So there is no special pressure for them, but there is a chance for them to be heroes.

What whatever I or you are saying here and other posts have no effect at all to the players even they read our posts.

Quote:
When fans show doubt, this doubt will eventually get to the team (you think they don't have a smart brain like yours?)..... I hope I don't have to write further...cuz I feel I am writing an essay w/o getting credit for it.
Its not fan's doubt ... its fan's realistic expectation out of them. Beating India is still doable but every thing needs to fall in our favor. And I trust our players brains and that's why I am not worried. Thanks god they are not as smart as you are, otherwise they will also start trying to make something out of nothing. At least, I think most of these players have better grasps of logic 101

Quote:
Here is a scenario:
Tamim and Sakib never played India before. This is a very new experience for them. They need our absolute trust and support....If Tamim and Sakib finds out the whole country thinks they can beat the shitt out of any team in the world, they WILL make every bowler crap in their pant.. but if they see most are doubting with their huge brain, the doubt will reflect in their batting style.... will end up in reckless or overly cautious - restricted unnatural batting....
Few points:
1. The whole country including myself is still supporting the team
2. This is no pee-wee league, this is the WC. The players should exactly know the real situation. Keeping in the dream land is not going to help.
3. Instead of preparing themselves, if the players spends time reading these message, then we are already in trouble.

Quote:
Now I have a feeling your next post will be on a sentence you pull out of this post and counter it in a way that will have no relevance to team SPIRIT. Or it will be something similar to "I think you are thinking a bit too much" - maybe... but better than primitive thinking...
So you think your comments represent any 'team SPIRIT'? Do you realize what you are you are preaching: " Do what I say don't do what I do". You are the one here breaking the team spirit among the fans here, trying to make issues out of nothing. So do us a favor, show some team spirit first and try to unite the fans here instead of divide before the game.

Quote:
Banglacricket is not for debating and fighting all time.... Show some SPIRIT for a change.... your character is becoming more and more repulsive as I engage convo with you other than team selection....
Look who is talking about team spirit!!!! One final request. Concentrate on your own character and try to identify your repulsive trends instead of concentrating on others. This is the only way you can make a difference (if you want).

Last edited by Fazal; March 11, 2007 at 11:45 AM..
Old March 12, 2007, 04:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain/Dale Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I am posting what the players already knows. That is: on paper they are not supposed to beat teams like India, but in any given day specially in ODI anything can happen in a single game i.e. they are not out of any hope. Bangladesh is underdog. So there is no special pressure for them, but there is a chance for them to be heroes.

What whatever I or you are saying here and other posts have no effect at all to the players even they read our posts.

Its not fan's doubt ... its fan's realistic expectation out of them. Beating India is still doable but every thing needs to fall in our favor. And I trust our players brains and that's why I am not worried. Thanks god they are not as smart as you are, otherwise they will also start trying to make something out of nothing. At least, I think most of these players have better grasps of logic 101

Few points:
1. The whole country including myself is still supporting the team
2. This is no pee-wee league, this is the WC. The players should exactly know the real situation. Keeping in the dream land is not going to help.
3. Instead of preparing themselves, if the players spends time reading these message, then we are already in trouble.

So you think your comments represent any 'team SPIRIT'? Do you realize what you are you are preaching: " Do what I say don't do what I do". You are the one here breaking the team spirit among the fans here, trying to make issues out of nothing. So do us a favor, show some team spirit first and try to unite the fans here instead of divide before the game.

Look who is talking about team spirit!!!! One final request. Concentrate on your own character and try to identify your repulsive trends instead of concentrating on others. This is the only way you can make a difference (if you want).
You pointed flaws in his argument..but in sport isn't it so much more enjoyable when you are ignorant of your teams actual form in the build up to the match and when you watch and BD does pretty well, it only makes you feel better. I don't care if most of the time I feel bad cos my hopes have ended up coming to nothing, it's those golden moments of life that makes it worth living. I don't know about you guys, but thats my opinion.
Old March 12, 2007, 04:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

Red will win, as my prediction..

Tue 13 Mar___West Indies v Pakistan
Wed 14 Mar__Australia v Scotland____Kenya v Canada
Thu 15 Mar___Sri Lanka v Bermuda____Zimbabwe v Ireland
Fri 16 Mar____South Africa v The Netherlands____ England v New Zealand
Sat 17 Mar____India v Bangladesh____Pakistan v Ireland
Sun 18 Mar____Australia v The Netherlands____England v Canada
Old March 12, 2007, 04:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney
and offcourse im hoping, betting and praying that We will win against India.
hahaha...nice
Old March 12, 2007, 04:53 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
THe first and foremost thing in achieving something great is the ability to genuinely believe that you can, without any doubts whatsoever. It is actually a scientifically tested observation, not a philosophical nonsense.

What you are saying is called DOUBTS in thy love!!! Never will there be happy ending in such cases!!

Bangladesh WILL reach round 2.
philosophical nonsense turns into scientifically tested observation over time as science catches up with our minds.
its more essential for the players to have that genuine belief without doubt, which they never lacked less than current time. in a story in bhorer kagoj, they interviewed each player about the world cup. when asked to pick the favorite team to win the world cup, a good number of them chose bangladesh.
then again, all the players will choose bangladesh when this interview will be done on the preset of the 2011 world cup.
Old March 12, 2007, 05:10 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Since you will most likely not be in the stadium, you may think your thoughts will not affect the team. You are posting on a WORLD WIDE WEB.. anyone has access to your posts, including yes our players....

Here is a scenario:
Tamim and Sakib never played India before. This is a very new experience for them. They need our absolute trust and support....If Tamim and Sakib finds out the whole country thinks they can beat the shitt out of any team in the world, they WILL make every bowler crap in their pant.. but if they see most are doubting with their huge brain, the doubt will reflect in their batting style.... will end up in reckless or overly cautious - restricted unnatural batting....

:f lag::fla g:
i'm sure you know about studies done about thoughts affecting life in general. here's a site that talks about discrete patterns of crystal formation after freezing water affected by different thoughts. here's a bit more unbiased look at the whole thing.
so yeah, internet is one of the ways to get our support through to our team. just the fact that we are rallying behind them boosts their confidence.
Old March 12, 2007, 05:14 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder
If that is the case, then you would also predict Bangladesh World Cup 2007 champions right? Your logic of supporting a team and making a prediction of an outcome of a match does not make sense.
err...i thought that was the point. if there's a thread made about predicting who would win the world cup, i'd choose bangladesh. if we weren't playing in it, then i might have bothered with that educated guessing bullcrar.
Old March 12, 2007, 05:15 AM
Banned

Location: Uganda..where the smell of ganda Bashar cannot reach me
Favorite Player: Steffi Graff

Tue 13 Mar<--->West Indies v Pakistan
Wed 14 Mar<-->Australia v Scotland<--------------->Kenya v Canada
Thu 15 Mar<--->Sri Lanka v Bermuda<-------------->Zimbabwe v Ireland
Fri 16 Mar<---->South Africa v The Netherlands<--> England v New Zealand
Sat 17 Mar<--->India v Bangla desh<----------------->Pakistan v Ireland
Sun 18 Mar<-->Australia v The Netherlands<------->England v Canada
Old March 12, 2007, 05:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
I am posting what the players already knows. That is: on paper they are not supposed to beat teams like India, but in any given day specially in ODI anything can happen in a single game i.e. they are not out of any hope.

heh. thank god our players are not as logical as you are (as much as you wish them to be). if they are thinking like that, THEN we are in trouble.

fazal bhai, i'm just pulling your leg. but how can you not see orpheus' point? this is a site for bangladeshi cricket fanatics. we are on the verge of the biggest thing there is in the world cup, and our own team never looked better. the guy expected everyone to be full of that dream that makes you see sumon holding the cup in his hands. this silly little prediction game was to be just another way to show how nuts we are for our team, choosing bangladesh to win over india (which is clearly a dumb choice if we go strictly by odds).
Old March 12, 2007, 08:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

First week:
Sat 17 Mar<--->India v Bangladesh<----------------->Pakistan v Ireland
Old March 12, 2007, 08:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

New Names Updated!
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old March 12, 2007, 11:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

oh No shovon, you have taken on Fazal ... you are in trouble now. The guy's limitation is logic 101... He will not comprehend upper division logic...

Eventually it will get to him....God forbid if Bangaldesh loses and he comes back to this thread to gloat his acute predictions.... he will know exactly what we were talking about...or maybe not... lol
Old March 12, 2007, 01:18 PM
Banned

Location: Uganda..where the smell of ganda Bashar cannot reach me
Favorite Player: Steffi Graff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovon13
this silly little prediction game was to be just another way to show how nuts we are for our team, choosing bangladesh to win over india (which is clearly a dumb choice if we go strictly by odds).
NOOOOOOOOOOO
Old March 12, 2007, 02:31 PM
Test Cricketer

First week:
"It is Allah who takes away the souls at the time of their death, and [the souls] of those that do not die during their sleep. He retains those souls for which He has ordained death, whereas He releases the rest for an appointed term. Verily, in this are signs for a people who think deeply." (39:42)
Old March 12, 2007, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

the boss has arrived. everyone else can go home now.
Old March 12, 2007, 02:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Ah, I wish if we were in the group with England and Newzealand.
See how easy it is for Australia. They just need to win against Scotland and Holland to go to the next round
Old March 12, 2007, 04:30 PM
Club Cricketer

pakistan beats west indies
aus beats scotland
canada beats kenya
srilanka beats bermuda
zimbabwe beats ireland
south africa beats the netherlands
england beats new zealand
bangladesh beats india
pakistan beats ireland
australia beats the netherlands
england beats canada
Old March 12, 2007, 04:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovon13
fazal bhai, i'm just pulling your leg. but how can you not see orpheus' point? this is a site for bangladeshi cricket fanatics. we are on the verge of the biggest thing there is in the world cup, and our own team never looked better. the guy expected everyone to be full of that dream that makes you see sumon holding the cup in his hands. this silly little prediction game was to be just another way to show how nuts we are for our team, choosing bangladesh to win over india (which is clearly a dumb choice if we go strictly by odds).
How can I see orpheus' point when there is no point at all? Don't fall into orphy's trap. He agrue like my 6 years old nephew and has a foul mouth like my 80+ years old grandpa.

Who said I am not going to root for BD against India? Please reread my message in this thread to get the fact straight. I just spend $100 to split the cost with my firend for mainly watching BD playing against India and Sri Lanka and some weekend games. For most of the other games I will be at work or out of state. Why do you think I spent that money? Hoping to see BD loose or Hoping to see BD win?

I know some of you guys wanted to pull my leg for a while. But wrong timing my friend. You guys really dissapointed me.
Old March 12, 2007, 06:43 PM
Club Cricketer

You guys are over-reacting.

If a BD fan says 'I think Ind will beat BD', it doesnt make them unpatriotic in anyway.
Old March 12, 2007, 07:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Don't fall into orphy's trap. He agrue like my 6 years old nephew
At least somebody in your family got a brain! Future is not so dum, I mean dim in Fazal poribar

Psudo deshi, you are a pseudo, so be quiet!
Old March 12, 2007, 08:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
At least somebody in your family got a brain! Future is not so dum, I mean dim in Fazal poribar

Psudo deshi, you are a pseudo, so be quiet!

Carry on Orpheus.
Old March 13, 2007, 07:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
No I fear some one in my family is turning out to be a cry baby like you. I hope the same things doen't happen to him some day, i.e being strip-searched by univ. security guard and without complaing come back home and then cry like a baby in this website.

btw if a 23 years man with 6 years old brain or a 85+ yeard old brain makes you feel proud, go ahead celebrate!!!!!

Last edited by Fazal; March 13, 2007 at 08:54 AM..
Old March 13, 2007, 07:59 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Fazal and Orpheus... carry on...
giving us a much needed break from the cricket-mania and some light entertainment...

fight! fight! fight!!
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old March 13, 2007, 08:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Erei bole entertainment.
Old March 13, 2007, 11:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

First week Done for now.

I will put up the second weeks schedule at the end of today...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught