facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #301  
Old November 23, 2007, 03:46 PM
Kabir's Avatar
Kabir Kabir is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: September 3, 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger
Posts: 11,139

Good to have you back Nafis
My apologies for not being able to get back to you with the computer thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
is he mad because of the bashing of kapali?
I don't think so. He's too mature to be mad for something like that.
__________________
cricket is a PROCESS, not an EVENT or two. -- Sohel_NR
Fans need to stop DUI (Dreaming Under Influence)!
Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old November 23, 2007, 06:04 PM
Antora's Avatar
Antora Antora is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 28, 2007
Location: melbourne, Australia
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Shakib
Posts: 8,806

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
sohel NR
hmm... yer...
where is sohel uncle?
__________________
It feels better to lose in IPL, then it does to win.--- Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
Reply With Quote
  #303  
Old November 23, 2007, 10:26 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 24,386

I am sure sohel bhai has a good reason for his absence. Knowing him, may he is volunteering down south. Missing him at BC though.
Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old November 24, 2007, 01:12 AM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: The BIG D
Favorite Player: Shakib-BIjoy-Rumman
Posts: 33,823

Dear Mijan, K, Antora and Tonoy –

Thank you for your kind sentiments. I am touched to say the least …

I have been busy with relief-work in and around Bagerhat since my last post here in BC. I’m back in Dhaka just to gather some of my stuff and go back for a longer stay, probably for two more months.

I cannot describe, or rather am too heartbroken and depressed to describe the death, destruction and crumpled lives around me. Only my work, meaning doing whatever I can to assist in the relief and reconstruction effort, drags me out of myself in the morning and keeps me going until I literally pass-out from exhaustion at night. The physical exhaustion keeps me focused on the morning to come, and keeps despair from resonating too intensely inside my heart.

I feel a strange knot of stagnant emptiness inside me, a knot of air seemingly left behind by a part of me that dies everyday as I continue to hear stories from shattered lives. Then I’d suddenly find myself forgetting about that void and finding hope in the smile and warmth of those who have lost loved ones and literally every other measure of happiness, and simply revel at the depth of their faith in GOD our Lord and the subsequent moral courage GOD has graced them with. Though not at all a stranger to death, destruction and the indomitable spirit of the faithful regardless of faith, this particular killing zone has been a life changing experience for me. I do not know why, and at this point, don’t really care to. I've decided to liquidate my consultancy firm and dedicate myself fulltime to service. I also intend to adopt as many children as I possibly can. GOD in His infinite grace, has provided more than enough for me to do that at this point.

Time for me is no longer a path without an end, and I’m learning to value it more than I have in my hyperactive, busy, and multi-tasking life. Spending time on the net, even checking my e-mail seems somewhat vulgar to me now. The privileged class of Dhaka just makes me nauseous with their heartlessness, politicking and apathy. So I’ve decided to move down south for a while. I don’t know when I’ll be posting next or how often if I do, but I will try to stay in touch with my family here in BC whenever I’m in Dhaka.

Peace, Sohel.
__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old November 24, 2007, 01:41 AM
tutul's Avatar
tutul tutul is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 15, 2004
Posts: 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Dear Mijan, K, Antora and Tonoy –

I have been busy with relief-work in and around Bagerhat since my last post here in BC. I’m back in Dhaka just to gather some of my stuff and go back for a longer stay, probably for two more months.
Sohel bhai that is so nice of you. Hope many more follow you and stand by those victims. May Allah gives us strength, help us recover, and specially bless you with a good health.
__________________
"All we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become."-Buddha
Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old November 24, 2007, 02:01 AM
Antora's Avatar
Antora Antora is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 28, 2007
Location: melbourne, Australia
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Shakib
Posts: 8,806

wow!!!!!!!!! Sohel uncle thats really nice of you,
all i can say is i am honoured to know someone like you.
__________________
It feels better to lose in IPL, then it does to win.--- Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old November 24, 2007, 02:08 AM
One World's Avatar
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: Queens
Posts: 16,351

Hats off to you, Sohel NR.
__________________
Human mind has all the power, when your mind is grind grit wins the battle. Go Bangladesh. Be the world number one in Test Ranking.
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old November 24, 2007, 10:18 AM
BanCricFan's Avatar
BanCricFan BanCricFan is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: April 29, 2005
Favorite Player: Bangladesh
Posts: 9,345

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutul
Sohel bhai that is so nice of you. Hope many more follow you and stand by those victims. May Allah gives us strength, help us recover, and specially bless you with a good health.
I echo the same sentiments. These events really put life into perspective. Keep up the good works, Sohel bhai. Adopting childrens- orphans or not- is really a noble deed, indeed! Hope more and more deshi people will come forward.
Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old November 24, 2007, 10:22 AM
tonoy's Avatar
tonoy tonoy is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: February 25, 2007
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 7,595

Wow sohel, Im quite speechless by your nobel gesture. May allah grant you more peace and wisdom for your quest in helping those who are in need.
Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old November 24, 2007, 03:45 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla
Posts: 10,457

a bangla cricket forum without Sohel NR is like a playground with no laughter. his service and wisdom in Bangla cricket shall be honored as always. i hope the almighty gives him strength to do all the good thing he desires for Bangladesh and beyond...
__________________
"Ya Allah, give me eyes that see the best in people, a heart that forgives the worst, a mind that forgets the bad and a soul that never loses faith."
-from facebook Group "Alhamdulillah for Everything"
Reply With Quote
  #311  
Old November 24, 2007, 03:49 PM
irteja's Avatar
irteja irteja is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 11, 2006
Location: http://twitter.com/irteja
Favorite Player: Sakib, Tamim, Tendulkar
Posts: 1,869

Take a Bow, Sohel bhi >
__________________
Fire Lotta Kamal
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old November 24, 2007, 07:55 PM
Anher's Avatar
Anher Anher is offline
BC T20 WC 2012 Fantasy League Winner
 
Join Date: January 31, 2005
Posts: 3,158

That exactly what i was thinking sohel brothr is doing! May Almighty give you enough courage and strength to success in this novel work
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old November 29, 2007, 04:10 PM
Cricket46 Cricket46 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 8, 2003
Posts: 596

What a nice gesture from Sohel_NR. In the bigger scheme of things, cricket, Internet and all such things mean nothing. I wish Sohel writes real stories, however devastating they maybe in the Forget Cricket section. In another thread I read members discussing who would take part in the benefit match. Nothing wrong with that. But we should not lose the perspective. The match is not important. It is the donation and how soon it gets to the needy people.

May Allah bless Sohel and people like him. Who said Bangladesh does not have selfless people?
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old November 29, 2007, 05:29 PM
Nafis_BD's Avatar
Nafis_BD Nafis_BD is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 2, 2006
Location: Scarborough, Ontario (Canada)
Favorite Player: BD Team Players
Posts: 3,446

Wow Sohel bhaiya. This really shows how great of a person you are. If only Bangladesh had more people like you in the country who would do anything for the country. Another example of your greatness bhaiya. May Allah bless you and help you with all the obstacles you come in life for doing stuff like this!!
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old November 29, 2007, 05:35 PM
Nafis_BD's Avatar
Nafis_BD Nafis_BD is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 2, 2006
Location: Scarborough, Ontario (Canada)
Favorite Player: BD Team Players
Posts: 3,446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Good to have you back Nafis
My apologies for not being able to get back to you with the computer thing!



I don't think so. He's too mature to be mad for something like that.
It's no problem Kabir bhaiya. I know that you are really busy nowadays so you could help me whenever you are not busy and if it is not bothering you!!

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #316  
Old December 2, 2007, 05:08 PM
israr's Avatar
israr israr is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 24, 2005
Location: In the deserts of arabia
Favorite Player: They betrayed us
Posts: 1,408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Dear Mijan, K, Antora and Tonoy –

Thank you for your kind sentiments. I am touched to say the least …

I have been busy with relief-work in and around Bagerhat since my last post here in BC. I’m back in Dhaka just to gather some of my stuff and go back for a longer stay, probably for two more months.

I cannot describe, or rather am too heartbroken and depressed to describe the death, destruction and crumpled lives around me. Only my work, meaning doing whatever I can to assist in the relief and reconstruction effort, drags me out of myself in the morning and keeps me going until I literally pass-out from exhaustion at night. The physical exhaustion keeps me focused on the morning to come, and keeps despair from resonating too intensely inside my heart.

I feel a strange knot of stagnant emptiness inside me, a knot of air seemingly left behind by a part of me that dies everyday as I continue to hear stories from shattered lives. Then I’d suddenly find myself forgetting about that void and finding hope in the smile and warmth of those who have lost loved ones and literally every other measure of happiness, and simply revel at the depth of their faith in GOD our Lord and the subsequent moral courage GOD has graced them with. Though not at all a stranger to death, destruction and the indomitable spirit of the faithful regardless of faith, this particular killing zone has been a life changing experience for me. I do not know why, and at this point, don’t really care to. I've decided to liquidate my consultancy firm and dedicate myself fulltime to service. I also intend to adopt as many children as I possibly can. GOD in His infinite grace, has provided more than enough for me to do that at this point.

Time for me is no longer a path without an end, and I’m learning to value it more than I have in my hyperactive, busy, and multi-tasking life. Spending time on the net, even checking my e-mail seems somewhat vulgar to me now. The privileged class of Dhaka just makes me nauseous with their heartlessness, politicking and apathy. So I’ve decided to move down south for a while. I don’t know when I’ll be posting next or how often if I do, but I will try to stay in touch with my family here in BC whenever I’m in Dhaka.

Peace, Sohel.
Be happy and peaceful wherever you are Sohel bhaiya. I sincerely pray to Allah that he gives you complete satisfaction in the work you're currently busy in.
Praying for your success.

Come back soon!
__________________
'You won't succeed the task until you have succeeded the task within yourself' - Ruhaan Israr Eskander
[Revolutionist inventor and discoverer]
Reply With Quote
  #317  
Old December 2, 2007, 06:13 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: Chicago
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 20,156

dang, sohel bhai won't get to 10,000 posts before the new year it seems.

i hope he posts during bd-nz series.
__________________
I drop knowledge so heavy it leaves the world unbalanced, exterminating the spiritual force of all that challenge, I'm the lyrical apocalypse that crumbles the granite, replacing you as the dominant species on the planet.
Reply With Quote
  #318  
Old December 3, 2007, 11:48 AM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,895

dhurr, Ejaj, Sam, Sauron......
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #319  
Old December 3, 2007, 12:35 PM
Kabir's Avatar
Kabir Kabir is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: September 3, 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger
Posts: 11,139

Nobody missed me

Khelum na...
__________________
cricket is a PROCESS, not an EVENT or two. -- Sohel_NR
Fans need to stop DUI (Dreaming Under Influence)!
Reply With Quote
  #320  
Old December 3, 2007, 01:10 PM
Bengaliprince176's Avatar
Bengaliprince176 Bengaliprince176 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 18, 2007
Location: UK- Notts
Favorite Player: PRINCE OF KOLKATA!!!
Posts: 1,013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Nobody missed me

Khelum na...
quit ur complaining, uve got ur wife but more importantly UNLIMITED SUPPLY OF MAACH!!...


if u didnt have this, then yes bhaiyaar i wud have missed u!!
__________________
Ek Tanatey Jemon Tamon, Do Tanatey Ruugi,
Tin Tanatey Raja Ujir, Char Tanetey Sukhi!!!
----KISHORE "THE LEGEND" KUMAR!!!!- Troyee-----
Reply With Quote
  #321  
Old December 3, 2007, 02:19 PM
Kabir's Avatar
Kabir Kabir is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: September 3, 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger
Posts: 11,139

lol...man, u got me there
__________________
cricket is a PROCESS, not an EVENT or two. -- Sohel_NR
Fans need to stop DUI (Dreaming Under Influence)!
Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old December 3, 2007, 08:58 PM
Nafis_BD's Avatar
Nafis_BD Nafis_BD is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 2, 2006
Location: Scarborough, Ontario (Canada)
Favorite Player: BD Team Players
Posts: 3,446

Arey Kabir bhaiya apni to shara din invisible mode e thaken to boltei pari na apni online ashen naki na. Abosh sho apanr onupostithi onubhob kore chi ami!!

Missing Fazal mama nowadays and a couple of other members but dont have their names in mind right now though!!
Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old December 3, 2007, 09:22 PM
ialbd's Avatar
ialbd ialbd is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 7, 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 5,845

MashAllah Sohel bhai, may Allah give you the strength to continue this noble work.....
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old December 4, 2007, 10:17 AM
Anher's Avatar
Anher Anher is offline
BC T20 WC 2012 Fantasy League Winner
 
Join Date: January 31, 2005
Posts: 3,158

It has been long time BabuBangla bhai we are missing your innovative writing.

Last edited by Anher; December 4, 2007 at 01:54 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old December 4, 2007, 01:18 PM
tonoy's Avatar
tonoy tonoy is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: February 25, 2007
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 7,595

yes babubangla. where art thou?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket