facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 15, 2007, 11:00 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Bangladesh Feeling The Heat Ahead Of India Clash

Current Tour

World Cup 2007
Bangladesh Feeling The Heat Ahead Of India Clash
15 March 2007

Bangladesh is suddenly finding themselves at the centre point of world cup cricket 2007. After their fascinated display in the second warm up match against New Zealand, they attracted massive media attention and world cricket is eagerly waiting for their group tie against India on 17th March at Queens Park Oval, Trinidad and Tobago.
Indian media is keenly following Bangladesh team and analyzing the weakness and strengths of Bangladesh team as compared to India.

Read the rest of the bulletin ยป

Last edited by Miraz; March 15, 2007 at 11:07 AM..
Old March 15, 2007, 11:06 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Bangladesh must make a positive use of that limelight. Nobody said it was going to be easy, but for a change we have good things from being expected from us than the usual talk of being thrashed by giants. If our players can keep up their winning attitude and give it their best, victory is quite possible.
Old March 15, 2007, 12:35 PM
Cricket Legend

I am afraid this is about time our players start choking themselves. For them, this is the first time other people (besides us, BD fanatics) are giving them a chance to win against an elite team. All those winning habits Sakib talks about better come useful now.
Old March 15, 2007, 12:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Is winning against India the ONLY way to live up to the expectations of BD cricket lovers and cricket followers from around the world? I don't think so. To me, a good show is ALL the matches is okay too. When two teams compete, both may play equally well. But ultimately one has to come out victorious. In our case, if BD plays extremely well consistently throughout the World Cup, but still India/SL come out victorious by small margins, the World will still see the difference.

Bangladesh is in the limelight because all of a sudden, after months of "blackout", the world has seen Bangladesh play in one of the matches...and have paid attention to it coz it's in the World Cup. If they have paid this kind of attention before, this limelight would have been at its climax by now.
Old March 15, 2007, 12:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Did you see how Ind batted last match and now what lanka did, I think BD really should worry about due to our bowling strength and overdose of SLA bowling use.
Old March 15, 2007, 12:51 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

IMO, the most important part of the news is

Quote:
Bangladesh cricket team always created media headlines for wrong reasons and was subject of cheap shots from different quarters about their test status. Bangladesh has earned the media limelight after a consistent performance in 2006 which was equally followed so far in 2007.
Bangladesh earned the attention, whatever happens against India, Bangladesh is progressing ahead and will continue attracting media attention.

It's new to our boys. I believe they will cope with it soon. Winning matches was also new to boys and now they made it a habit.
Old March 15, 2007, 01:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Nice quote Miraz bhai. I must say that many BD fans are blinded by the "winning-is-the-only-way-out" attitude. Please, winning is NOT the only way out. Yes winning will give us a consistent winning attitude...if that's not something we can get, we should at least keep the world attention with the good show and tight matches that we're more consistent in.
Old March 15, 2007, 01:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Bangladesh is also having a problem in the bowling department. Both Taposh and Shahadat are not serving up to the expectation. So we only have Mashrafee and Rasel, but BD needs to add a third pacer against India who will it be?
Old March 15, 2007, 01:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I am afraid this is about time our players start choking themselves. For them, this is the first time other people (besides us, BD fanatics) are giving them a chance to win against an elite team. All those winning habits Sakib talks about better come useful now.
Nicely said: we are chokers...Sad but true......when it is needed, we fail to perform. ...when it is counted, we are the paramount of failure.

The label of underdog is good for us. This sudden outburst of limelight will throw the players out of focus from their main business on the field. It happened against so many individual players (Remember the buzz around Mushfiq in the debut Test against England!). Even they will not ponder about their own weakness any more which results in overconfidence.

I also have expectation, but wrapped with the essence that it would be hard fought battle. Adrenaline should prepare you, not baffled you with unnecessary excitement and blind you from the real scenerio.
Old March 15, 2007, 01:27 PM
Test Cricketer

I think Indian media is pumping the lime....in the light...........to make the buzz around us so that people in india glue their eyes on the TV and the media can earm a geat revinue from that match. Apart from the cricketing reason (which I think less important to them) money is the main factor and that's why they are buttering the BD players before they grill finally.
Old March 15, 2007, 01:29 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck_Pion
Nicely said: we are chokers...Sad but true......when it is needed, we fail to perform. ...when it is counted, we are the paramount of failure.
Probably you had a long sleep. Years passed in the mean time, mate!

I think you should rephrase it like ---

Quote:
Nicely said: we were chokers...Sad but true......when it was needed, we failed to perform. ...when it counted, we were the paramount of failure.
Old March 15, 2007, 01:37 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: All BD team players

thats really funny that Indian media is following BD team...hahahha..darpok!
Old March 15, 2007, 01:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz

Yes, Years passed ......but playing too much against no one but the teams of same or even lower strength! .......And also believe that a win is a win whether it is a practice match or ODI, but I am never carried away by this.

The drum'n'bass that is going on is nothing but to catch a few new fish! It wont help anyway. Hope BD players keep their feet firm on the ground, where it belongs, unlike the fellow members.
Old March 15, 2007, 02:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz

Also read this link from JaiJaiDin..............You may find a hint what I am talking about............Indian media is beating all these drums just for their commercial purpose: MONEY MAKING. I dont think you also believe the same what the indian media is doing. Do you?

http://www.jaijaidin.com/details.php?nid=2255
Old March 15, 2007, 03:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Nice quote Miraz bhai. I must say that many BD fans are blinded by the "winning-is-the-only-way-out" attitude. Please, winning is NOT the only way out. Yes winning will give us a consistent winning attitude...if that's not something we can get, we should at least keep the world attention with the good show and tight matches that we're more consistent in.
Hopefully the close matches will come as a by product of our winning attitudes, except in the cases where we might win in bigger margins. But we cannot go back to the previous state of Bangladesh cricket when we only expected "shommanjonok porajoy".