facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old March 16, 2007, 02:58 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 25,370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bd_Knockout_India
I have one concern regarding the load on server . We are going to hit around 500 tomorrow. New server was running like crazy horse in BD vs NZ match until its hit around 350 after that it become slower. But we are way better than last server. I would like to see a donate button in BC. Lots of members would be very happy to donate i guess and just add a little effort with your hardwork.
Mods: stop the avatar for all users on game time. This may allow the page to load a little faster. If not then ignore this message. Since it will be in a weekend I will visit the chat room inshallah.

Good luck BD cricket team! All BD well wishers have a great day. That includes all Indians, Sl'ans and Pakistanis.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
  #102  
Old March 16, 2007, 02:59 PM
tonoy's Avatar
tonoy tonoy is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: February 25, 2007
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 7,663

here we go. man i have never felt so excited for a cricket match as much as this game. Even im nervous now, and i cant imagine how the players are feeling. Wish BD team the best of luck and play memorably for the lost Rana. Good luck to all the fans (including me) hope our expectations wont go down and hopefully we will roar like a big tiger after tomorrows game and not ever make that meow sound ever again.
  #103  
Old March 16, 2007, 03:04 PM
TheWatcher TheWatcher is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 20, 2005
Posts: 4,782

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Mods: stop the avatar for all users on game time. This may allow the page to load a little faster. If not then ignore this message.
It may be a good idea. Also, remind members not to refresh too often.
  #104  
Old March 16, 2007, 03:06 PM
akabir77's Avatar
akabir77 akabir77 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 23, 2004
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok
Posts: 10,769

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
It may be a good idea. Also, remind members not to refresh too often.
Ki korbo bolen shojjo hoy na money hoy onney ki likhlo ekhoni portey hobey...
__________________
1. Shahadat Hossain: Mufambisi c Mashud; Chigumbura lbw; Utseya c Mashud
2.
Abdur Razzak: P Utseya caught; RW Price lbw; CB Mpofu lbw
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
  #105  
Old March 16, 2007, 03:13 PM
6alltheway 6alltheway is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 29, 2005
Posts: 712

Match is coming soon, cant wait!!!!!

Come on Bangladesh!!!, dont get wipped, maintain the respect and ill be happy..
  #106  
Old March 16, 2007, 03:31 PM
Duck's Avatar
Duck Duck is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 15, 2005
Location: Hotlanta, GA
Posts: 1,757

Still to wait: 15hrs 59 min 29 sec!! my nerves will wrec down anytime
__________________
\"Dont glitter but shine on"\
  #107  
Old March 16, 2007, 03:39 PM
allrounder's Avatar
allrounder allrounder is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 4, 2003
Posts: 3,761

I am all waiting to see how Bangladesh bats against India.
__________________
Durgomo giri kantar moru dustoro parabar he
Longhite hobe ratri nishithe jatrira hushiar.
  #108  
Old March 16, 2007, 03:46 PM
saab_rn saab_rn is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 14, 2007
Posts: 13

I am confident we will win ofcourse by we i mean India.

Doesnt matter who wins the toss India is batting first. Bangladesh is comforable chasing and Dravid will want to set a target since Bangladesh had decided to go the spin route.

Ganguly will give respect to bowlers for a couple of overs and then score freely. Uthappa if he lasts till 8 over would ensure we have an explosive start. I feel India will target a score of 275-280 and if we get it then in my opinion it would be 40+ runs to many.
  #109  
Old March 16, 2007, 03:57 PM
Imtiazk Imtiazk is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 9, 2006
Posts: 2,477
Default Bangladesh stoops to conquer

The cool sea breeze was such a relief in this sultry afternoon. India replying to a fighting Bangladesh total of 247 , are 135 /4. The match is delicately poised. After India had recovered from an early breakthrough by Murtaza and Rasel, the Bangladesh spinning troika has put the brakes on India’s progress. Rafique is bowling to Tendulkar. Suddenly, there is commotion amongst the crowd. The majority Indian element heave a sigh of relief.
It appears young Mushfiq has missed a difficult stumping chance down the leg side. I wake up in a cold sweat !
Thank God ! It is only a nightmare. But I hope the decision to drop Mashud does not come to haunt us !
I am no great fan of Mashud, or, for that matter of Bashar, Omar & co. But the time for experienced cricketers to retire or be replaced is just after a World Cup. Like McGrath. Warne retired out of one dayers some time back.
There is no doubt young Mushfiq does bring an extra dimension in batting. As the Zimbabwe tour showed, it looks as if there is a strategy , that if there is appreciable movement with the ball in the beginning of an innings , and Bangladesh lose a wicket early on, Mushfiq could come in ahead of Aftab to steady the boat.
However, any objective assessment would reveal that this is the strongest Bangladesh team ever. Notwithstanding, the recent runaway success have been against the minnows. It should not be forgottten that it was exactly these minnows who used to beat us regularly. Kenya had a 7-1 lead. Canada beat us comprehensively. In 2003, we realistically could not hope to beat any of the Top 8, even after the debatable win against Pakistan in 1999. After all, in the intervening years, we did not beat anyone. In the last two years, we have beaten Australia and Sri Lanka discounting the recent warm up win against New Zealand. Even the betting odds are shorter !
The opening bowling can cause difficulty to any team in the opening overs. Murtaza with his line and Rasel with his swing. But the strength of the Bangladesh attack lies in their spinners. I still have an open mind regarding Sakib but Razzaq has now proven that he is a class act. Probably, even better than the old warhorse Rafique. If we manage a couple of early wickets, it might be a good idea to slip in some overs from Aftab too.
What whets my appetite is to see our spinners against the mighty Indians with all their reputation against spin. We will see !
Tamim is new and unproven. But starting out with two left handers is good thinking. Remember, Vaas, Collins, Pathan , Franklin. Yes, but they were all against right handers ! Somehow, it does not seem so lethal against the left handers. Aftab could be our match winner. I do not feel entirely comfortable with his attitude. But I also recognise that against a top 8 side we have to do something extra to win. An Aftab blitzkreig might just be what the doctor ordered ! If he can hang around for 20 overs, he could win a match for us. Thepowerplays are crucial to our success.
Bashar worries me with his fitness. Precisely, because he will bat during the consolidation phase when rotation is the name of the game. His running has always been poor but more so in recent times.
Thankfully, Ashraful is beginning to show better form at last. We all know what he can do on his day. I hope this is his day. Coming in at No.6, he effectively has become our Afridi. As long as we have some wickets in hand, Rafique and Murtaza can create mayhem with the bat. Only, Rasel is a bunny !
For me, the result depends on how our spinners tie down and frustrate their batsmen. Whilst, the wily Tendulkar and the experienced Dravid and Ganguly may have seen all this before, I am not sure how Dhoni & co. will react if they cannot play their natural game. India’s batting is formidable but this is the most balanced Bangladesh attack yet ! Believe it or not, two Bangladeshis Razzaq and Murtaza are 11th and 12th in the one day rankings just ahead of Harbhajan and Agarkar – one of whom may not even play. Rafique is 18th ahead of Pathan at 22, mainly because of exploits more than a year ago. Zaheer trails at No. 26.
Three Indian batsmen come in above the highest ranking Bangladeshi, Nafees, who is 17th. Actually, Tendulkar comes in just below at No. 20. Sehwag going south on 36th is just above Aftab who is rising fast.
Roll on tomorrow !

Last edited by Imtiazk; March 17, 2007 at 02:47 AM..
  #110  
Old March 16, 2007, 03:58 PM
Anher's Avatar
Anher Anher is offline
BC T20 WC 2012 Fantasy League Winner
 
Join Date: January 31, 2005
Posts: 3,158

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab_rn
I am confident we will win ofcourse by we i mean India.

Doesnt matter who wins the toss India is batting first. Bangladesh is comforable chasing and Dravid will want to set a target since Bangladesh had decided to go the spin route.

Ganguly will give respect to bowlers for a couple of overs and then score freely. Uthappa if he lasts till 8 over would ensure we have an explosive start. I feel India will target a score of 275-280 and if we get it then in my opinion it would be 40+ runs to many.
Saab_rn my pleasure to see an indian cricket fan in Ind vs Ban cricket match. Welcome to BC and enjoy your stay. Hopefully you will be here tomorrow and share the momemnt with us. Its bring excitement when opposite team supporter support their team. Sports is for fun and pleasure by keeping aside the differences. shouldnt we take all the fun out of it?
  #111  
Old March 16, 2007, 04:02 PM
ruja1810's Avatar
ruja1810 ruja1810 is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 12, 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 163

Asho amra sho buy melay dua kori amader Bangladesh er player der jonnay jano ora prothek khay la ta jitta jano paray.

and

enjoy the following link which is very inspiring and encouraging....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FPOY...elated&search=

  #112  
Old March 16, 2007, 04:05 PM
Anher's Avatar
Anher Anher is offline
BC T20 WC 2012 Fantasy League Winner
 
Join Date: January 31, 2005
Posts: 3,158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imtiazk
The soft sea breeze was such a relief in this sultry afternoon. India replying to a fighting Bangladesh total of 247 , are 135 /4. The match is delicately poised. After India had recovered from an early breakthrough by Murtaza and Rasel, the Bangladesh spinning troika has put the brakes on India’s progress. Rafique is bowling to Tendulkar. Suddenly, there is commotion amongst the crowd. The majority Indian element heave a sigh of relief.
It appears young Mushfiq has missed a difficult stumping chance down the leg side. I wake up in a cold sweat !
Thank God ! It is only a nightmare. But I hope the decision to drop Mashud does not come to haunt us !
I am no great fan of Mashud, or, for that matter of Bashar, Omar & co. But the time for experienced cricketers to retire or be replaced is just after a World Cup. Like McGrath. Warne retired out of one dayers some time back.
There is no doubt young Mushfiq does bring an extra dimension in batting. As the Zimbabwe tour showed, it looks as if there is a strategy , that if there is appreciable movement with the ball in the beginning of an innings , and Bangladesh lose a wicket early on, Mushfiq could come in ahead of Aftab to steady the boat.
However, any objective assessment would reveal that this is the strongest Bangladesh team ever. Notwithstanding, the recent runaway success have been against the minnows. It should not be forgottten that it was exactly these minnows who used to beat us regularly. Kenya had a 7-1 lead. Canada beat us comprehensively. In 2003, we realistically could not hope to beat any of the Top 8, even after the debatable win against Pakistan in 1999. After all, in the intervening years, we did not beat anyone. In the last two years, we have beaten Australia and Sri Lanka discounting the recent warm up win against New Zealand. Even the betting odds are shorter !
The opening bowling can cause difficulty to any team in the opening overs. Murtaza with his line and Rasel with his swing. But the strength of the Bangladesh attack lies in their spinners. I still have an open mind regarding Sakib but Razzaq has now proven that he is a class act. Probably, even better than the old warhorse Rafique. If we manage a couple of early wickets, it might be a good idea to slip in some overs from Aftab too.
What whets my appetite is to see our spinners against the mighty Indians with all their reputation against spin. We will see !
Tamim is new and unproven. But starting out with two left handers is good thinking. Remember, Vaas, Collins, Pathan , Franklin. Yes, but they were all against right handers ! Somehow, it does not seem so lethal against the left handers. Aftab could be our match winner. I do not feel entirely comfortable with his attitude. But I also recognise that against a top 8 side we have to do something extra to win. An Aftab blitzkreig might just be what the doctor ordered ! If he can hang around for 20 overs, he could win a match for us. Thepowerplays are crucial to our success.
Bashar worries me with his fitness. Precisely, because he will bat during the consolidation phase when rotation is the name of the game. His running has always been poor but more so in recent times.
Thankfully, Ashraful is beginning to show better form at last. We all know what he can do on his day. I hope this is his day. Coming in at No.6, he effectively has become our Afridi. As long as we have some wickets in hand, Rafique and Murtaza can create mayhem with the bat. Only, Rasel is a bunny !
For me, the result depends on how our spinners tie down and frustrate their batsmen. Whilst, the wily Tendulkar and the experienced Dravid and Ganguly may have seen all this before, I am not sure how Dhoni & co. will react if they cannot play their natural game. India’s batting is formidable but this is the most balanced Bangladesh attack yet ! Believe it or not, two Bangladeshis Razzaq and Murtaza are 11th and 12th in the one day rankings just ahead of Harbhajan and Agarkar – one of whom may not even play. Rafique is 18th ahead of Pathan at 22, mainly because of exploits more than a year ago. Zaheer trails at No. 26.
Three Indians batsmen come in above the highest ranking Bangladeshi, Nafees, who is 17th. Actually, Tendulkar comes in just below at No. 20. Sehwag going south on 36th is just above Aftab who is rising fast.
Roll on tomorrow !
Simply excellent! Great post
  #113  
Old March 16, 2007, 04:17 PM
ruja1810's Avatar
ruja1810 ruja1810 is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 12, 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder
I am all waiting to see how Bangladesh bats against India.
How about bowling???
  #114  
Old March 16, 2007, 04:23 PM
ruja1810's Avatar
ruja1810 ruja1810 is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 12, 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 163

India wary of banana skins on batting track

The Preview by Siddhartha Vaidyanathan

March 16, 2007

India might opt for only one spinner in their World Cup opener against Bangladesh © AFP

After months and months of hype, hype, and more hype - a build-up of such epic proportions that one spectator was willing to donate his kidney to watch this bunch play the World Cup - India begin their campaign on Saturday against their neighbours Bangladesh at Port-of-Spain. Pre-tournament predictions pointed to a slow, low surface at the Queens Park Oval and, while Sri Lanka's demolition of Bermuda pretty much indicated a good batting surface, India will be aware of the banana skins Bangladesh can strew along their path.

A peek into Bangladesh's memorable one-day moments will lead you to Northampton, Cardiff, Dhaka and Bogra, venues where they've upset major opposition. Sneaking through as a footnote will be Kingstown in St Vincent in their first one-dayer in Caribbean soil. They summoned only 144 but defended it admirably, getting within a wicket of pulling off a mighty upset.

Starring in that commendable defence was a left-arm spin bowler, Manjural Islam Rana, whose death in an accident on Friday shocked the cricketing world. At 22 he was Test cricket's youngest casualty in the modern era, an event that plunged Bangladesh's national squad into mourning on the eve of their World Cup opener. "All the boys are really shocked and upset," revealed Bangladesh's captain Habibul Bashar at the pre-game press conference. "Some of them also cried because he was very close to us. It is very sad news."

Bangladesh will walk out in black arm-bands tomorrow in one of the few opening-round games that has the ability to produce an upset. The two teams have never met in a World Cup match and India will be treading with caution. "We haven't played them for a couple of years, which is something we have discussed", Rahul Dravid, India's captain, said on Friday . "We don't really know them, some of their more experienced players have been dropped, they have got a pretty young side.

"We have looked through a lot of video footage of their current players, we have discussed a lot of their players, the way they bat and the way they bowl. They have shown in the last few months that they are closer to the top eight teams in the tournament rather than to the minnows. That wasn't the case in the last World Cup, where they were closer to the other bunch. But yeah, we respect them, they have shown that they can play really well."

Dravid brushed off notions of a billion expectations, adding that the team was more keen on fulfilling their own. "I think it's a great opportunity, a chance to make a lot of people happy," he said. "At the end of the day, the boys can only try their best. What is more important is our own expectations - we should not let ourselves down. We have to go out there and do the best for ourselves and the team. If we can do that, then people will be satisfied. At the end of the day, yes they want us to win, but more importantly they want us to be good representatives of our country and do or best."

Dravid said they'd decided their XI but added that he'd rather not reveal the side. "We'd just like the opposition to spend a little more time in their team meeting, discussing 15 names rather that just 11 or 12. But we know what we are going to play and are comfortable with that."

Picking India's first ten might be pretty straight-forward - seven batsman one spinner, three fast bowlers - but the final slot, a likely toss-up between Irfan Pathan and Robin Uthappa, might have caused some furrowed brows. A shock option at the top of the order or a tried and tested [and currently tepid] allrounder lower down? A sell-out Queens Park Oval crowd, with tremendous Indian flavour, is set to find out at 9 a.m. tomorrow when the captains go out for the toss.

Teams

India (likely) 1 Virender Sehwag, 2 Sourav Ganguly, 3 Sachin Tendulkar, 4 Yuvraj Singh, 5 Rahul Dravid (capt), 6 Mahendra Singh Dhoni (wk), 7 Irfan Pathan, 8 Ajit Agarkar, 9 Harbhajan Singh, 10 Zaheer Khan, 11 Munaf Patel

Bangladesh (likely) 1 Tamim Iqbal, 2 Shahriar Nafees, 3 Aftab Ahmed, 4 Saqibul Hasan, 5 Habibul Bashar (capt), 6 Mohammad Ashraful, 7 Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), 8 Mohammad Rafique, 9 Mashrafe Mortaza, 10 Abdur Razzak, 11 Shahadat Hossain

source: cricinfo

Last edited by reverse_swing; March 16, 2007 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: mod.edit: url added. Please try to add source link always. Thanks!
  #115  
Old March 16, 2007, 04:24 PM
saab_rn saab_rn is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 14, 2007
Posts: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bd_Knockout_India
Saab_rn my pleasure to see an indian cricket fan in Ind vs Ban cricket match. Welcome to BC and enjoy your stay. Hopefully you will be here tomorrow and share the momemnt with us. Its bring excitement when opposite team supporter support their team. Sports is for fun and pleasure by keeping aside the differences. shouldnt we take all the fun out of it?
Dont worry ill be here tomorrow either to congratulate you or to accept one.

Yes i am confident India will win but that doesnt mean i am willing to bet my money on it.

Reading the last line of your post i got an impression you were offended by my post, if that is the case then let me assure you it wasn't intentional. As a fan if one cant be passionate about his team or don’t have high expectation from our players then you arent a true fan.

BUT let me end by saying India will win
  #116  
Old March 16, 2007, 04:31 PM
ruja1810's Avatar
ruja1810 ruja1810 is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 12, 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab_rn
Dont worry ill be here tomorrow either to congratulate you or to accept one.

Yes i am confident India will win but that doesnt mean i am willing to bet my money on it.

Reading the last line of your post i got an impression you were offended by my post, if that is the case then let me assure you it wasn't intentional. As a fan if one cant be passionate about his team or don’t have high expectation from our players then you arent a true fan.

BUT let me end by saying India will win
BUT LET ME START BY SAYING THAT BANGLADESH WILL WIN..

Last edited by ruja1810; March 16, 2007 at 05:01 PM..
  #117  
Old March 16, 2007, 04:33 PM
pseudo_deshi's Avatar
pseudo_deshi pseudo_deshi is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Posts: 103

edited.

Last edited by pseudo_deshi; March 16, 2007 at 04:55 PM..
  #118  
Old March 16, 2007, 05:25 PM
pial's Avatar
pial pial is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 19, 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 148

Any audio for todays match?
  #119  
Old March 16, 2007, 05:27 PM
ruja1810's Avatar
ruja1810 ruja1810 is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 12, 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 163

Bangladesh name 12: Team to show respect to Manzarul Rana
TigerCricket.com Report from Port of Spain
16-March-2007

Bangladesh have named 12 players for their ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 opener against India tomorrow (Saturday).

Opener Javed Omer, batsman Rajin Saleh and fast bowler Shahadat Hossain Rajib have been left out of the side.

The team will train today afternoon at the Queen’s Park Oval here, the venue for tomorrow’s match. This will be the Tigers’ first practice session at the Oval.

The day began on a sombre note for the Bangladesh team with the news that 22-year-old all-rounder Manzarul Islam Rana had been killed in a road accident back home in Khulna along with another First Class cricketer Sajjadul Setu.

“It is a terribly distressing news and we don’t have words to express our shock and grief. The players are absolutely stunned. Our heart goes out to Rana’s family and may the Almighty grant his soul eternal peace,” said skipper Habibul Bashar.

“If we do something good in this World Cup we will dedicate that to Rana,” added Bashar.

Bashar also expressed his grief at the sad demise of Setu who was on the back seat of the same motorbike Rana was riding.

“It is a great loss for our cricket. Our heartfelt sympathy goes out to Setu’s young family,” said Bashar.

The Bangladesh team has decided to wear black arm bands during tomorrow’s match to show their respect to Rana who appeared in six Test matches and 25 ODIs for the country.


Bangladesh squad
Habibul Bashar (Captain), Shahriar Nafees Ahmed (VC), Tamim Iqbal Khan, Aftab Ahmed, Shakib Al Hasan, Mohammad Ashraful, Mushfiqur Rahim (WK), Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, Mohammed Rafique, Abdur Razzak, Syed Rasel, Tapash Baishya.

source: www.tigercricket.com
  #120  
Old March 16, 2007, 06:09 PM
Farhad's Avatar
Farhad Farhad is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 11, 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan
Posts: 2,815

Heres another one:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddhartha Vaidyanathan (Cricinfo)
Five areas where Bangladesh can threaten India

Minnow menace

The form-book, the seedings and conventional wisdom suggest India will walk off with both points from this match. Siddhartha Vaidyanathan offers five reasons why it may not be so easy

Bashar the glue With three half-centuries against India, Habibul Bashar has often stood alone amid the disappointing batting efforts. All three fifties have come in losing causes but Bashar's calm presence is often reassuring. He can hold the middle order together, sealing up one end as his more flashy colleagues take on the bowling at the other. He's no slouch, though, well capable of stepping it up when the situation demands.

Shock power Floating around Bashar are a group of dangerous batsmen, often veering from the sublime to the ridiculous but one heck of a threat when they come off. India don't need any introduction to Mohammad Ashraful, not after Chittagong in 2004; neither do they need to be reminded of Aftab Ahmed's powers, not after Dhaka in 2004. Then there's Shahriar Nafees, who's opening exploits include a Test hundred against Australia, Tamim Iqbal and Saqibul Hasan. All are young batsmen in a similar mould, all with oodles of promise.

New-ball variety In Mashrafe Mortaza and Shahadat Hossain, Bangladesh possess a more than handy new-ball pairing to hustle the best. Mortaza's skiddy cutters will be complemented by Shahadat's discomforting bounce, a prospect that could unsettle the best. India will remember Mortaza's contribution on Boxing Day in 2004, when he winkled out Virender Sehwag and Mahendra Singh Dhoni to help Bangladesh record their first (and only) triumph against India. Mashrafe has also chipped in with the bat, in the two games against India, and his recent exploits in the warm-up match against New Zealand suggest a handy allround talent. Shahadat is yet to play against India but nine wickets in two Tests against Sri Lanka translates into a dangerous talent.

Left-arm menace Rahul Dravid feels this World Cup will be won by the team that manages the middle overs best. India are likely to face a slew of left-arm spinners in that period, with Mohammad Rafique's darts complemented by Abdur Razzak's loop and Saqibul's accuracy. Razzak and Saqibul arrive with economy-rates of 3.5 and 3.7 respectively and India will need to find innovative ways to manoeuvre the ball around with the field spread.

More youth, more agility Bangladesh enter the game with a head-start in the fielding department. Aftab, Ashraful and Saqibul will form an agile inner circle and their enthusiasm could be infectious. India's main worry has been the ageing nature of the side (Dravid even indicated that they'd need to hide a few fielders) and an efficient performance from Bangladesh would enable them to bridge the gulf. A couple of lucky breaks and they will dream bigger.
© Cricinfo
__________________
^True dat^
  #121  
Old March 16, 2007, 06:10 PM
reverse_swing's Avatar
reverse_swing reverse_swing is offline
Chief Moderator
 
Join Date: August 22, 2003
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 5,736

made this thread sticky
__________________

  #122  
Old March 16, 2007, 06:15 PM
Outswinger's Avatar
Outswinger Outswinger is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 25, 2007
Location: ShOnAr BaNgLa
Posts: 359

Just heard the news on BBC as India will fight untill they beat Bangladesh successfully today .

So , for us ; Got "No chance" .

So , what are we gonna do then ?
  #123  
Old March 16, 2007, 06:18 PM
gravitY gravitY is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 4, 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Favorite Player: Ashrafooooooool
Posts: 624

GOOD LUCK for Tigers from millions of heart in BD and abroad.

Tigers are on hunT, vegeTarian Feast this time
  #124  
Old March 16, 2007, 06:21 PM
Farhad's Avatar
Farhad Farhad is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 11, 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan
Posts: 2,815

The players dont seem too upset. Here's a picture I found at Cricinfo (Note the picture date). I remember they found out when they woke up at their hotel, so this has to be after they heard the news)


Mohammad Rafique and Mushfiqur Rafique seem to be playing tag at Bangladesh's training session, Trinidad, March 16, 2007


It might not be today, that wont be the only typo in the description. Whos Mushfiqur Rafique?
__________________
^True dat^

Last edited by Farhad; March 16, 2007 at 06:48 PM..
  #125  
Old March 16, 2007, 06:24 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,901

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outswinger
Just heard the news on BBC as India will fight untill they beat Bangladesh successfully today .

So , for us ; Got "No chance" .

So , what are we gonna do then ?
Will be celebrating Bangladesh win. Don't know much about Indian response
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket