facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 18, 2007, 12:22 PM
Ehsan's Avatar
Ehsan Ehsan is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: February 12, 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,275
Default Your feelings/activities before & after the BD-IND game. Pictures and videos from Celebrations around the world

I was seriously not going to watch this match as I had lotsa school stuff due. So, I thought I would just follow the score. So,in Saturday morning a friend calls me up and wakes me up to follow the game as he was watching it on his TV. I couldn't stop myself when he told me Sehwag got bowled by Masri. Although, the intention was not to watch the game but I just could not stop myself and bought WC streaming package.

Cheered through out the game for every wicket, 4s and 6s by the Tigers. I was then joined at home by another friend who lost the free streaming of the match.

After the unbelievable and clinical finish of the game, we friends went to Danforth the Bangla town in Toronto just to celebrate by eating out. And when we arrived there we were surprised by seeing all the people gather in cars and dancing, singing along the street. Flags were out in almost all Bengali stores. Uncles, aunties, kids, teens, everyone joined the celebration. People were in Bdeshi jerseys and flags, and some sweets were distributed by the BDeshi store owners. We really did not expect this in Toronto. People were arriving in cars from different part of the city to gather at Danforth with BD's flag flying high on their cars. Then all of us arond 30-40 cars, went rallying through Toronto to City TV's office. Flags were flying high, horns were hunking in a rhythm and white people were going crazy as they had no clue what was happening. But yes, we definitely got some hot white chicks screaming on the road “BANGLADESH, BANGLADESH” after they saw around 30-40 cars rallying through the streets with BD flag on them. We then got off our car in Downtown Toronto by City Tv’s office and rallied through the streets with flags holding high, singing, dancing and chanting “BANGLADESH, BANGLADESH, BANGLADESH ZINDABAD”. Few curious white folks opted to ask us what was happening. Although it was around -15 degree Celsius outside but the motivation and the spirit of the crowd was never effected by it. I didn’t take my camera so I really had no quality pictures taken, but luckily for me I had my cell phone with me which has a 2 Mega pixel camera but no flash (how stupid!), so yea hopefully I will share some pictures with all my BanglaCricket folks.

It was an amazing day, although not as productive as I wanted it to be, but it was worth it! March 17, 2007 will be remembered for years to come. What a win and what a historic celebration in Toronto!
__________________
::::::::¤ E h S a n ¤::::::::
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old March 18, 2007, 12:33 PM
Rubu's Avatar
Rubu Rubu is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: February 15, 2004
Location: Michigan
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 8,198

I had made plan before to watch it with a person I met on BC (ID kmasum) and his friends. But then, Rana passed away. I was so sad, I cried a lot on Friday. I was thinking about canceling the plan. Then my wife said, I would probably feel better being with other Bangladesh Cricket fans and insisted I go ahead with it. The night before, I did the only thing I could for Rana, pray to Allah for him. Still, feeling really bad, I could not sleep all night. Came to BC at around 5:30AM and posted few messages. Then I was off to Masum Bhai to watch the game. I must admit my wife was right. It was like watching the game at a club at home with 10-15 people yelling like crazy at an empty house. It was fun, of course because of how we were doing. Had some biriyani from Masum Bhai, food was awesome. Then we won. I was laughing for no reason then I was thinking how could I laugh the next day my favorite player died? It was sheer fun and sorrow at the same time.

I'm so glad they won it for Rana. But whenever I think I'll never argue again in BC why Rana should be included in the team, my eyes get wet.
__________________
সন্মানজনক পরাজয়ের চিন্তাটাই অসন্মানজনক
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old March 18, 2007, 01:35 PM
Ehsan's Avatar
Ehsan Ehsan is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: February 12, 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,275

Rubu, I felt sad too after I heard the shocking news, infact everyone did. I understand that you are his biggest fan, but I what I would like to tell you is be strong, be around bdeshi fans or close people and this may help you to overcomes the sadness.
__________________
::::::::¤ E h S a n ¤::::::::
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old March 18, 2007, 01:39 PM
AsifTheManRahman's Avatar
AsifTheManRahman AsifTheManRahman is offline
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 12, 2004
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Posts: 27,675

rubu, you got married? :S

congrats! :S
__________________
Screw the IPL, I'm going to the MLC!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old March 18, 2007, 03:09 PM
shovon13 shovon13 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 27, 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,520

couldn't sleep the whole damn night. my bro, 2 of my cousins and i were at my place planning to wake up early the next day to meet up with more people. we went to bed around 4 am, woke up at 5:30 and left our apartment. we met up with a few more people and drove over to one of our friend's place. but the streaming package he bought was sketchy, frustrating the crap out of all of us. in the midst of deciding to go over to some other place, we saw sehwag nearly getting run out. we went crazy when he was given not out (although we all knew that decision had to go in the batsman's favor), left the house and drove over to Pardesh (this bengali store in LA). there we joined about 40 other fellow bengalis and started watching the game. it was ridiculous when the first wicket fell. i wont be surprised if we caused a couple of minor heart attacks.

i came home about an hour after the game ended, and passed out. i hadn't slept in two days, and my untimely cold was making things worse. but that didn't matter. i couldn't care less about my sickness.

Last edited by shovon13; March 18, 2007 at 04:01 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old March 18, 2007, 03:12 PM
Ehsan's Avatar
Ehsan Ehsan is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: February 12, 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,275

Oh poor Shovon, looks like you had to bear a lot of trouble to watch the game eh. That's the spirit of the Tiger fan!

I would like to hear from New York folks, people tell me there would a lot of celebration in Queens Park area.
__________________
::::::::¤ E h S a n ¤::::::::
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old March 18, 2007, 04:04 PM
shovon13 shovon13 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 27, 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,520

i wish we could do something like you guys. we were planning on going to artesia (a huge commercial area dominated by indians) with flags and stuff and scare the crap out of people, but it didn't follow through.

its okay though. more occasions are coming up
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old March 18, 2007, 04:16 PM
Hatebreed's Avatar
Hatebreed Hatebreed is offline
BC T-Shirt Design Winner
 
Join Date: June 19, 2005
Location: Camden, London
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 7,200

I heard there was celebration going in London's Bangla town, but I didn't go as it was quite late over here. I wish I was in BD at this time, the elation of victory back home has probably exceeded beyond my imagination.
__________________
My photography
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old March 18, 2007, 07:01 PM
rickshaman's Avatar
rickshaman rickshaman is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 8, 2007
Posts: 80

oh man....it waz awesome............all da way we cheered bd......we watched it at york....in a big screen....da paki nd da indian guyz........wer so lyk quiet........dey dint say a thing.......as da match went on.......der were more bdeshis........cheering......evrybody jumping around wit joy.......it waz lyk a stadium environment.....evrybody cem wit dere flags nd da team jersey..it waz sooo funn!!!! my voice iz broken now....so is most guyz..... we felt so great especially......becuz we WANTED it to happen so much.......nd bd iz playin infront of da world afta such a long tyme.......!!!! gud luck bd fer da rest of da tourney......!!!! dey haf a really gud chance of goin to da next round.........nd i can now wonder bout bd beating srilanka.......actually i can think of bd as da group champions now....but watevr happens....im really already proud of the team .... nd proudly can say well done bdesh!!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old March 18, 2007, 07:09 PM
Ehsan's Avatar
Ehsan Ehsan is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: February 12, 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,275

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickshaman
oh man....it waz awesome............all da way we cheered bd......we watched it at york....in a big screen....
Do you live in Toronto? Do you mean York University? Did you bump onto Kabir bhai? I believe he was the cheer leader there.
__________________
::::::::¤ E h S a n ¤::::::::
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old March 18, 2007, 07:18 PM
cricman's Avatar
cricman cricman is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 8, 2005
Location: Deleting Evidence
Favorite Player: Dubya
Posts: 9,408

Couldn't sleep for the entire night just waiting for the game to begin, had this feeling of anticipation of some thing big was gonna happen. Trash-Talking with Indians as soon as Mashrafe got Sewhag, I knew it was going to be our day. Chilling in the BC chat room for 10 hrs and having a ball especially our good luck charm Rafique who couldn't be at the West Indies for the First Half of the Indian Innings and Kabir WOOT-WOOT!!! for the second half of the Indian Innings. Then when Tamim went Ballistic I was literally Ballin!

After Mushie and Ash scored the Winning runs I had this Big Smile in my face that I still have today
__________________
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old March 18, 2007, 11:29 PM
djuice djuice is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 4, 2007
Location: Uganda..where the smell of ganda Bashar cannot reach me
Favorite Player: Steffi Graff
Posts: 1,828

It was a good feeling that BD won. But not unbelievable or anything. BD's win against the "older" teams is no longer unpredictable. After BD beat NZ in the warm up somehow it just felt like a normal win..(didn't feel like cardiff... or any of the previous wins) it was just a win that was due in time. Hell....i can't even remember when BD last lost a one day match.
Gone are the days when I had to sit in front of the tv for just "ONE" win...Now start the days of the countdown to winning championships.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old March 19, 2007, 12:16 AM
Nocturnal's Avatar
Nocturnal Nocturnal is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: June 18, 2005
Location: AB,Canada
Favorite Player: Rahul Dravid
Posts: 8,990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsan
I was seriously not going to watch this match as I had lotsa school stuff due. So, I thought I would just follow the score. So,in Saturday morning a friend calls me up and wakes me up to follow the game as he was watching it on his TV. I couldn't stop myself when he told me Sehwag got bowled by Masri. Although, the intention was not to watch the game but I just could not stop myself and bought WC streaming package.

Cheered through out the game for every wicket, 4s and 6s by the Tigers. I was then joined at home by another friend who lost the free streaming of the match.

After the unbelievable and clinical finish of the game, we friends went to Danforth the Bangla town in Toronto just to celebrate by eating out. And when we arrived there we were surprised by seeing all the people gather in cars and dancing, singing along the street. Flags were out in almost all Bengali stores. Uncles, aunties, kids, teens, everyone joined the celebration. People were in Bdeshi jerseys and flags, and some sweets were distributed by the BDeshi store owners. We really did not expect this in Toronto. People were arriving in cars from different part of the city to gather at Danforth with BD's flag flying high on their cars. Then all of us arond 30-40 cars, went rallying through Toronto to City TV's office. Flags were flying high, horns were hunking in a rhythm and white people were going crazy as they had no clue what was happening. But yes, we definitely got some hot white chicks screaming on the road “BANGLADESH, BANGLADESH” after they saw around 30-40 cars rallying through the streets with BD flag on them. We then got off our car in Downtown Toronto by City Tv’s office and rallied through the streets with flags holding high, singing, dancing and chanting “BANGLADESH, BANGLADESH, BANGLADESH ZINDABAD”. Few curious white folks opted to ask us what was happening. Although it was around -15 degree Celsius outside but the motivation and the spirit of the crowd was never effected by it. I didn’t take my camera so I really had no quality pictures taken, but luckily for me I had my cell phone with me which has a 2 Mega pixel camera but no flash (how stupid!), so yea hopefully I will share some pictures with all my BanglaCricket folks.

It was an amazing day, although not as productive as I wanted it to be, but it was worth it! March 17, 2007 will be remembered for years to come. What a win and what a historic celebration in Toronto!
Very good post Ehsan.
I watched it on the laptop in my basement at a small town in alberta just by myself.....but just reading all those posts in BC and other internet souces never made me alone. You BC guys rock. Following BC is a pleasure for me for allmost two years now.
__________________
ভাই, ল্যাঞ্জা যখন বাইর হইয়াই গেছে, একটু নাড়ান না
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old March 20, 2007, 01:13 PM
Mahir's Avatar
Mahir Mahir is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team
 
Join Date: January 1, 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut
Posts: 4,330
Thumbs up Pictures and Videos from the Celebration Square

I am posting a few pictures from the celebration party on Danforth Ave - Toronto's Banglatown, after our win against India on Saturday. A huge car rally (of about 20-25 cars) was brought out in chilly weather immediately after the game, with all the loud horns and screamings and proud wavings of the Red-Green throughout the procession. We Bangalis are the best at bringing it on the streets, I tells ya!

Mods, can this thread be a permanent place to post pictures of the celebrations of Tigers fans around the world ? Well, ofcourse until we win more games against the big guns with more regularity... maybe then these celebrations won't be as wild!
__________________
Heart. Dedication. Resilience. Never quit.

Last edited by Mahir; May 7, 2007 at 10:42 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old March 20, 2007, 01:14 PM
Mr-khan's Avatar
Mr-khan Mr-khan is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 18, 2004
Location: Canada, toronto
Posts: 1,833

Thanks for the picture mahir.Are you also in the Picture?
__________________
You cannot change the past,but the future could be a different story!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old March 20, 2007, 01:16 PM
Ehsan's Avatar
Ehsan Ehsan is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: February 12, 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,275

I was gonna post this on the thread "Your feelings/activities before and after the BD-IND Game". That second pic was taken by me. I found some videos as well. I would like to merge this thread with the other thread.
__________________
::::::::¤ E h S a n ¤::::::::
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old March 20, 2007, 01:22 PM
Mahir's Avatar
Mahir Mahir is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team
 
Join Date: January 1, 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut
Posts: 4,330

Were you there Ehsan bhai ? Wow! I was driving the car behind that grey mercedes. The guy standing there is one of my closest friend, got these pictures from him.

Mr-Khan, i am only in pic 007, second from the left
__________________
Heart. Dedication. Resilience. Never quit.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old March 20, 2007, 01:23 PM
Ehsan's Avatar
Ehsan Ehsan is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: February 12, 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,275

Videos coming up...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00677.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	300.6 KB
ID:	266   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00685.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	280.7 KB
ID:	267   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00676.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	310.4 KB
ID:	268   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00686.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	450.5 KB
ID:	269   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00687.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	385.4 KB
ID:	270  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00698.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	298.6 KB
ID:	271   Click image for larger version

Name:	n505801970_35843_1084.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	272   Click image for larger version

Name:	n505801970_35838_9480.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	273  
__________________
::::::::¤ E h S a n ¤::::::::
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old March 20, 2007, 01:26 PM
Ehsan's Avatar
Ehsan Ehsan is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: February 12, 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahir
Were you there Ehsan bhai ? Wow! I was driving the car behind that grey mercedes. The guy standing there is one of my closest friend, got these pictures from him.

Mr-Khan, i am only in pic 007, second from the left
Yes, I was there. So, you know Bunty bhai eh? And Faisal as well? Faisal is my friend's friend and so is Bunty bhai. But we friends along with Bunty bhai went camping during summer 2006.
__________________
::::::::¤ E h S a n ¤::::::::
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old March 20, 2007, 01:28 PM
Mahir's Avatar
Mahir Mahir is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team
 
Join Date: January 1, 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut
Posts: 4,330

Well, here's the gist of how it went for me : Skipped my university's calculus exam (hopefully i wudn't get a zero afterall, i need some good excuse to convince the prof), lost my voice by screaming during and after the match, caught a bad flu for going out in sub-zero temp. in that huge car rally that we had to celebrate the win as Ehsan bhai mentioned in his first post, and then came back home with a pretty sore body from all the jumping and enjoying.

What a day it was. Haunted by the news of Rana and Setu's death on one side, and feeling the euphoria of the stunning win on the other. Unreal indeed.
__________________
Heart. Dedication. Resilience. Never quit.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old March 20, 2007, 01:33 PM
Mahir's Avatar
Mahir Mahir is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team
 
Join Date: January 1, 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut
Posts: 4,330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsan
Yes, I was there. So, you know Bunty bhai eh? And Faisal as well? Faisal is my friend's friend and so is Bunty bhai. But we friends along with Bunty bhai went camping during summer 2006.
Oh boy! These are my cricket buddies... playing together since 2003. Remember I was telling you bout coming to play cricket with 'us' last summer ? So these are 'us'! Really never heard ur name from any of those guys. How silly!
__________________
Heart. Dedication. Resilience. Never quit.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old March 20, 2007, 01:33 PM
Ehsan's Avatar
Ehsan Ehsan is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: February 12, 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,275

Danforth Celebration 1




Danforth Celebration 2



Danforth Celebration 3




BTW these videos were not taken by me, just got them off from youtube.
__________________
::::::::¤ E h S a n ¤::::::::
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old March 20, 2007, 01:37 PM
Ehsan's Avatar
Ehsan Ehsan is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: February 12, 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahir
Oh boy! These are my cricket buddies... playing together since 2003. Remember I was telling you bout coming to play cricket with 'us' last summer ? So these are 'us'! Really never heard ur name from any of those guys. How silly!
They don't know me well enough. I met them only once through friends, I spent more time with Bunty bhai during the camping.

This summer we should arrange something big for cricket along with all our BanglaCricket Torontorians.
__________________
::::::::¤ E h S a n ¤::::::::
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old March 20, 2007, 01:39 PM
Kabir's Avatar
Kabir Kabir is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: September 3, 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger
Posts: 11,139

Woww. Lots of cool pics. I'm trying to get hold of the pics from my friends at YorkU. I'll post the pics and POSSIBLY videos here. Good job guys.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old March 20, 2007, 01:46 PM
Mahir's Avatar
Mahir Mahir is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team
 
Join Date: January 1, 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut
Posts: 4,330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsan
They don't know me well enough. I met them only once through friends, I spent more time with Bunty bhai during the camping.

This summer we should arrange something big for cricket along with all our BanglaCricket Torontorians.
I see. Well sure we can have some tape-tennis action, but some of us from our team are full-fledged hard-ball cricketers now! :p i mean, some joined the Bangla Cricket Club that plays in the Toronto & District Cricket League here, so we said, no more messing with tape-tennis. But sure, we should kind of extend that BC Toronto Meet up of last year, by adding a cricket match this time around.
__________________
Heart. Dedication. Resilience. Never quit.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket