facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 20, 2007, 01:24 AM
First Class Cricketer

BDFlag Some special Curries for tomorrow night !!!!!!

What are you guys think ? This is a do or die match for us . So , we expect to win it . If we do then we would be one of these top 4 unbeaten teams to go to the super 8 & we won't be minnows for sure .
We are confiedent young team & we shouldn't be scared any of these top teams anymore ......

Can we have some lion curries for tommorow's night ?

Everyone's are invited , If you are interested then let us know !!!!!!!!

Let's disscuss !!!!!!!!

Last edited by Outswinger; March 20, 2007 at 01:46 AM..

Old March 20, 2007, 01:30 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Insha Allah, our young Tigers will not let us down. Hopefully, lions will get some lessons for messing up with the tiger.
Old March 20, 2007, 01:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahmudul.alam
Insha Allah, our young Tigers will not let us down. Hopefully, lions will get some lessons for messing up with the tiger.
That's the spirit mate ;

We need each & everyone to think about the win just not rely on fate .

If we can beat India then why not we can beat Srilanka ?

This Srilanka just lost the series against the Indians .

Now we have lion curries & in the future we might have some "Kangaroo Curries" to enjoy . You never know !!!!!!!!
Old March 20, 2007, 01:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outswinger
That's the spirit mate ;

We need each & everyone to think about the win just not rely on fate .

If we can beat India then why not we can beat Srilanka ?

This Srilanka just lost the series against the Indians .

Now we have lion curries & in the future we might have some "Kangaroo Curries" to enjoy . You never know !!!!!!!!
OMG, are you still the same person that was saying all those pessimistic thing before the India match
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old March 20, 2007, 01:40 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
OMG, are you still the same person that was saying all those pessimistic thing before the India match
Didn't that help out ?

Critics are needed for the good performance all the the times .

But I still put my money on Bangladesh as will do for tomorrow as well .

Go Tigers Go .......
Old March 20, 2007, 01:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Didn't that help out ?

Critics are needed for the good performance all the the times .

But I still put my money on Bangladesh as will do for tomorrow as well .

Go Tigers Go .......
Sri Lanka is a very professional team it'll be a good game tommorow but we need to play very well inorder to beat them, Malinga, Vass and Murali have made the best teams crumble so we have to be patient theres only 2 results that i'm intrested in.

1. A win
2. Can't believe I'm saying this a respectable loss so NRR won't go out of hand
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old March 20, 2007, 01:52 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
Sri Lanka is a very professional team it'll be a good game tommorow but we need to play very well inorder to beat them, Malinga, Vass and Murali have made the best teams crumble so we have to be patient theres only 2 results that i'm intrested in.

1. A win
2. Can't believe I'm saying this a respectable loss so NRR won't go out of hand
Why you are scared ?

Our team is very young & we got confiedence with awesome spirits .

Srilanka struggelled even Bermuda . Ofcourse they did have a good score but don't forget the feilding from Bermuda in that match & catches dropped down in that match . If we do count all these then Srilanka never would have passed 240 by any means .........

Didn't we beat the mighty India ?

This Srilankan team just lost the series against them & come to the world cup .

And our last series before coming here , we did win .

Bangladesh is one of these teams who hasn't lost a single game after they arrieved in West indies .

So , what does it mean ? We do have more than 90% chance to win tomorrow's match if we can play to0 our potentials .

I am sure everyone in back home is with them as they only have to think to win from now on in every single ball of that match .

We are best & there's noone can beat us . The attitude will take huge part in that game . Everyone is hopefull & they won't let us down for sure .

These Srilankans batsmen are all like club cricketers ....... Go & check their average first .

Noone is in form except Sangakarra . Jawardene got dropped on 0 against Bermuda ...

Last edited by Outswinger; March 20, 2007 at 02:13 AM..
Old March 20, 2007, 02:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Why you are scared ?

Our team is very young & we got confiedence with awesome spirits .

Srilanka struggelled even Bermuda . Ofcourse they did have a good score but don't forget the feilding from Bermuda in that match & catches dropped down in that match . If we do count all these then Srilanka never would have passed 240 by any means .........

Didn't we beat the mighty India ?

This Srilankan team just lost the series against them & come to the world cup .

And our last series before coming here , we did win .

Bangladesh is one of these teams who hasn't lost a single game after they arrieved in West indies .

So , what does it mean ? We do have more than 90% chance to win tomorrow's match if we can play to0 our potentials .

I am sure everyone in back home is with them as they only have to think to win from now on in every single ball of that match .

We are best & there's noone can beat us . The attitude will take huge part in that game . Everyone is hopefull & they won't let us down for sure .

These Srilankans batsmen are all like club cricketers ....... Go & check their average first .

Noone is in form except Sangakarra . Jawardene got dropped on 0 against Bermuda ...
In 2004 we beat the Mighty India, India always plays well in India and Vass and Murali didn't play so In reality they beat SL-A 2-1.

They have the greatest Bowler of alltime, According to people who are sane say this side can be better than the 96 Sri Lanka squad.

BTW: go Check our Averages and then tell me who are the club cricketers?

Don't think I'm rooting against Bangladesh either, I think were gonna reach the semifinals but don't say stuff that can't be backed up.
Old March 20, 2007, 02:58 AM
Test Cricketer

SL is a much stronger team than india so it will be a tough fight. but even if we lose i am not too worried. SL will whoop india's a$$.
Old March 20, 2007, 03:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib, Tamim, Tendulkar

can wait anymore..we need to beat sri lanka as well...inshallah we will do that
Old March 20, 2007, 03:13 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imran78
SL is a much stronger team than india so it will be a tough fight. but even if we lose i am not too worried. SL will whoop india's a$$.
The big difference tomorrow as opposed to your match against the Indians is that against us your team will be facing one of the best bowling attacks in international cricket ATM.

In Vass, Malinga and Murali who will be more than ably supported by Maharoof, Jayasuriya and Dilshan, we have a formidable attack that recently knocked over NZ for their lowest score ever at home in a ODI match recently played in New Zealand!

However you guys have some wonderful stroke makers at the top who will make us pay big time should our bowlers stray even slightly!

All in all I expect it to be an enthralling contest!
Old March 20, 2007, 04:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Sri Lanka is a formidable team.
The biggest mistake is underestimating your opponent, more so when they are superior to you.

Last edited by BanglaCool; March 20, 2007 at 04:53 AM..
Old March 20, 2007, 05:44 AM
First Class Cricketer

If we can't prove these Srilankans batsmen are just the club cricketers after winning the toss tomorrow then it will make so many fans sad in back home for sure .

Jayasuriya : Flyer but won't stay long on the crease .
Sangakarra : Good ave & only batsman who can be a match winner .
Jawardene : Good batsman but almost had a duck against Bermuda as catch dropped & out of form .

If we get these 3 early then Srilanka will have great great trouble to put a decent score for sure .

Last edited by Outswinger; March 20, 2007 at 05:50 AM..
Old March 20, 2007, 05:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mullah, Fizz, SS

plz..pray to allah....when ever i have major problems in my life,ami 11bar tana sura AR-RAHMAN(it wont take much time,around 1.20 hrs) porsi and wished one thing after that.and most of the times it payed devidence.so,plz,you guys also can try this before srilanka match and pray for bangladesh to win.we need to win the match desperately.
Junioe
Old March 20, 2007, 06:15 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
If we can't prove these Srilankans batsmen are just the club cricketers after winning the toss tomorrow then it will make so many fans sad in back home for sure .
From what I last remember the people of Bangladesh are an intelligent bunch who will not entertain such ridiculous expectations such as expecting your team to prove that our batsman are just club cricketers!

You team is well and truly capable of beating us despite the fact that you have won just the one match against us. However if I were you I would keep my feet firmly on the ground and not let my youthful exuberance get the better of me!

Quote:
Jayasuriya : Flyer but won't stay long on the crease .
Sangakarra : Good ave & only batsman who can be a match winner .
Jawardene : Good batsman but almost had a duck against Bermuda as catch dropped & out of form .
You better hope that Jayasuriya go's early cause the longer he stays the further your chances will slip of going beyond the first round of the World Cup! In addition to the three you have mentioned above we have Tharanga wo smashed your attack to all parts in the CT a few months ago and also guys like Dilshan, Arnold and Chamara Silva in the middle order and then our all rounders like Maharoof and Vass who can hit the ball a long way!

Quote:
If we get these 3 early then Srilanka will have great great trouble to put a decent score for sure .
I agree that if you get our top four back in the hut early then it would be difficult for us to put up a huge score! Having said that though last month in India we were in a similar situation and Chamara Silva scored a fine hundred and guided us to 260!
Old March 20, 2007, 06:31 AM
First Class Cricketer

But that Chamara Silva got "No idea" about our Left-arm spin bowlers . It's on their bloods .

The half of the country in Bangladesh know "How to bowl Lef-arm" spin .

So , you never know what these left-arm spin bowlers are cooking on the field .....

Only Sangakarra can't win this for match for them .
Old March 20, 2007, 06:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Sri Lanka has a mental effect on bangladeshi players somehow. I heard Rafique saying that Sri lankans don't smile before the match like indians do, they smile after winning. They never let any pressure to settle and are quite a good fielding side. And moreover, the Bagladesh team and supporters don't quite look at them as a foe and therefore there will be less competitive spirit around (My opinion). But this is where the coach, the media, and the team management can come into play and hype the team up.

They do have some weaknesses though,

Muralitharan,Vaas and Malinga have all played against Bangladesh and are quite aged. They have less of a chance of scaring the bangladeshi players with something new to offer. I am a bit worried about Maharoof, in my mind he is one of the most destructive Sri Lankan players we need to watch out for.

Their strength lies in total power, they have virtually no single superstar but a side who are good in what they do. Nothing amazing will probably happen tomorrow night. But one thing is for sure, Dav Whatmore will guide the team against Sri Lanka very well, the strategy will be underlined and their weaknesses will be probed. The team is in good hands. Beating Indians was the best thing no doubt, but there are still a lot of things to prove, and the super eight in sight, I don't think the tigers are gonna let it fade away. The key is to attack from the beginning and persistingly, and Sri Lankans will feel the pressure this time, because the Indians are targetting them, the Bangladeshis have nothing to lose, and this can lead them being over cautious and probably pay the penalty in the form of slow-runrate>lose wickets.

I would like to see Shahadat inplace of either of the spinners. Sri Lankans are quite good off spin.

Having said all these, I am rooting for Bangaldesh to have a tough day, but maybe just maybe edge to victory with a blood-sweated-fight.
Old March 20, 2007, 06:38 AM
First Class Cricketer

Maharoof is alright but his economy rate is not good enough .

If our batting goes alright then nothing to worry .

We do have a player like Shakib , who's average tells the story of a match winner .

Man , we beat the full-strenght India & these Srilankan team just lost to them .

Don't worry , let our players tell the story for tommorow's match . We just only tell caz now a days we are way capable do it .

Srilanka just lost vs NZ in the warm-ups while we did beat NZ in the warm-ups .

So , it indicates we are spirited & waiting for the revenge .
Old March 20, 2007, 06:41 AM
Test Cricketer

I also think that Shahadat should be included in place of Razzak, but Razzak always takes a wicket or two (in the last match 3) something I cannot be sure of Shahadat. It all depends on the nature of the pitch and how well how team management can read it.
Old March 20, 2007, 06:43 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanglaCool
I also think that Shahadat should be included in place of Razzak, but Razzak always takes a wicket or two (in the last match 3) something I cannot be sure of Shahadat. It all depends on the nature of the pitch and how well how team management can read it.
Now way , leave the team as it's !!!!!!

Shahdat can play against Bermuda while Russel can be rested .
Old March 20, 2007, 06:47 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
But that Chamara Silva got "No idea" about our Left-arm spin bowlers . It's on their bloods .
Don't forget that Chamara Silva has seen enough of a left arm spinner in our team (Sanath Jayasuriya) who BTW on his own has as much ODI wickets (285) as your entire bowling attack put together!

Therefore I don't think that he should have a problem facing your spinners!

FYI, he scored 160 in a test match against the best left arm spinner in international cricket ATM, Daniel Vettori!
Old March 20, 2007, 06:49 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_shoaib
Don't forget that Chamara Silva has seen enough of a left arm spinner in our team (Sanath Jayasuriya) who BTW on his own has as much ODI wickets (285) as your entire bowling attack put together!

Therefore I don't think that he should have a problem facing your spinners!

FYI, he scored 160 in a test match against the best left arm spinner in international cricket ATM, Daniel Vettori!
Good Luck to your team but we do stick to our plans & make them happen !!!!!

You guys are so much under-estimating to our team in last few years . Now we got chance for the first time to show something & we won't let it go . Time to prove it on the field now .

Let's see who wins the race !!!!!!!
Old March 20, 2007, 06:51 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_shoaib
You better hope that Jayasuriya go's early cause the longer he stays the further your chances will slip of going beyond the first round of the World Cup!

Why do you think so?

Are you afraid that you guys will lose the match against India? Or are you guys planning to drop the match against India for some reason? If SL wins against India, then no matter how badly we lose (if we do), we're through to super eight!
Old March 20, 2007, 06:52 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Good Luck to your team but we do stick to our plans & make them happen !!!!!

Let's see who wins the race !!!!!!!
As I've said before your team's development has been simply fantastic and they no longer cannot be taken lightly! To be honest I am quite nervous about tomorrow's match and may the best team win!

Good luck to your team!
Old March 20, 2007, 06:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity
Why do you think so?

Are you afraid that you guys will lose the match against India? Or are you guys planning to drop the match against India for some reason? If SL wins against India, then no matter how badly we lose (if we do), we're through to super eight!
These guys are too much depended on tommorow's match . They know they can't beat this strong Indian team caz they are just Insane on their batting .

So , they are hoping to win against us .

Jayasuriya : This is guy can't even score 50+ against a team like Bermuda , now he's dreaming to score against us .

Mashrafe by himself is enough for him .

Don't forget Mashrafe is the highest wicket takers of 2006 while Bracken fallen short these days .

And , that Chamara Silva is the middle order batsman , if we can get him earlier in the innings then anything is possible to put the pressure on their team .

Our biggest boost is to beat the team like NZ while they already beat Srilanka in the warm-ups .