facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old March 29, 2007, 03:05 AM
layperson's Avatar
layperson layperson is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 7, 2006
Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib
Posts: 2,574

Hmmm Just a thought. When members pull each others leg or taunt each other with words it is not baiting but when a member taunts an admin who is taking part in the thread discussion it is deemed as baiting. I think this is kind of unfair and as Sauron already mentioned it is almost like a trump card that you can pull out if you do not like the other person taunting you. Taunting not "gaalafying". As far as I can comprehend rules to my limited knowledge taunting is fine but using abusive words is not . Why should it be any different for admins then. Moreover I think a rule that any admin participating in the thread should not be able to ban any other member participating in that particular thread( already mentioned by some other people) is a very logical one. We have several admins and if the non participating admins take action that would seem less unfair although I can see even that has a chance of being biased since he might have to go against his fellow admin but still a much better option than the participating admin taking things into his own hand. Conlusion is if an admin can taunt a member then a member should be able to taunt an admin as long as no one is swearing or abusing the other. IF someone cannot handle being taunted then he/she should refrain from taunting himself/herself.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old March 29, 2007, 03:23 AM
Arnab Arnab is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 20, 2002
Location: BanglaCricket.com
Posts: 6,069

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
Hmmm Just a thought. When members pull each others leg or taunt each other with words it is not baiting but when a member taunts an admin who is taking part in the thread discussion it is deemed as baiting.
Well, it's baiting of a different form. It's called admin-baiting.

Quote:
I think this is kind of unfair and as Sauron already mentioned it is almost like a trump card that you can pull out if you do not like the other person taunting you. Taunting not "gaalafying".
Yep. It's unfair. Otherwise everyone would have been an admin. So the lesson is: don't bait an admin.

Quote:
As far as I can comprehend rules to my limited knowledge taunting is fine but using abusive words is not . Why should it be any different for admins then.
Because they are admins.

Quote:
Moreover I think a rule that any admin participating in the thread should not be able to ban any other member participating in that particular thread( already mentioned by some other people) is a very logical one.
If you taunt/bait an admin, regardless of the thread, context or situation, you get warned, warned again, warned for the last time and then you get banned.

Quote:
We have several admins and if the non participating admins take action that would seem less unfair although I can see even that has a chance of being biased since he might have to go against his fellow admin but still a much better option than the participating admin taking things into his own hand.
All Admins are the same.

Quote:
Conlusion is if an admin can taunt a member then a member should be able to taunt an admin as long as no one is swearing or abusing the other. IF someone cannot handle being taunted then he/she should refrain from taunting himself/herself.
Cute, but sorry, you don't make the rules here.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old March 29, 2007, 03:27 AM
layperson's Avatar
layperson layperson is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 7, 2006
Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib
Posts: 2,574

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnab
Well, it's baiting of a different form. It's called admin-baiting.



Yep. It's unfair. Otherwise everyone would have been an admin. So the lesson is: don't bait an admin.



Because they are admins.



If you taunt/bait an admin, regardless of the thread, context or situation, you get warned, warned again, warned for the last time and then you get banned.



All Admins are the same.



Cute, but sorry, you don't make the rules here.
Ok so does that mean an Admin cannot taunt a member either? Because according to your reply a member cannot taunt an admin at any cost. If that is the case then admins should not be able to taunt members either or else it would be like tying someone up and then beating the living daylights out of him and feeling like a very strong man at the end of the "fight". Then should we report it if admins taunt us since we cannot taunt them back in return.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old March 29, 2007, 03:45 AM
Arnab Arnab is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 20, 2002
Location: BanglaCricket.com
Posts: 6,069

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
Ok so does that mean an Admin cannot taunt a member either? Because according to your reply a member cannot taunt an admin at any cost. If that is the case then admins should not be able to taunt members either or else it would be like tying someone up and then beating the living daylights out of him and feeling like a very strong man at the end of the "fight". Then should we report it if admins taunt us since we cannot taunt them back in return.
I don't understand your question.

When someone taunts/baits an admin out of the blue, it's usually of this form: "You think you are right about political topic X because you are an admin..., but you are wrong. Don't use the admin card to prove that you are right about X. You are abusing your admin power, etc. etc.", when usually, the admin had said nothing of that sort. That's baiting/taunting by a member who is trying to get under the admin's skin by making up an entirely false scenario, abusing the fact that the person he is having a discussion with is an admin.

What is the parallel of this in an admin baiting/tauning a member? None that I can think of. I have never seen an admin saying to a member: "you are wrong about this political opinion of yours because you are a lowly member and not an admin; only admins on this forum have the correct political insight about this. I am an admin and because of that, I know more about this political thing than you do." It's laughable. It's never been done.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old March 29, 2007, 04:00 AM
layperson's Avatar
layperson layperson is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 7, 2006
Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib
Posts: 2,574

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnab
I don't understand your question.

When someone taunts/baits an admin out of the blue, it's usually of this form: "You think you are right about political topic X because you are an admin..., but you are wrong. Don't use the admin card to prove that you are right about X. You are abusing your admin power, etc. etc.", when usually, the admin had said nothing of that sort. That's baiting/taunting by a member who is trying to get under the admin's skin by making up an entirely false scenario, abusing the fact that the person he is having a discussion with is an admin.

What is the parallel of this in an admin baiting/tauning a member? None that I can think of. I have never seen an admin saying to a member: "you are wrong about this political opinion of yours because you are a lowly member and not an admin; only admins on this forum have the correct political insight about this. I am an admin and because of that, I know more about this political thing than you do." It's laughable. It's never been done.

I am speechless really.

"Admin baiting again? Tsk tsk. Ekbar ban hoiya sadh mite nai."

This was your response when you thought I was changing my name to taunt you. This was after you implied my opinions might be that of a layperson's. So that was just a harmless taunt from you which I took it just that way. After this you thought I was taunting you but you did not take it in the same manner instead suggested that it is something that might be admin baiting. An example where admin taunts a member but when the admin thinks the member is taunting him he gives him a reminder about bans.

In my post I had asked you as simply and as clearly as I could and since you did not understand I was compelled to give you an example now. I still think my suggestions would make for a much better solution than where this debate seems to be heading. It is upto the BC admins to either take it leave it. I dont mind continuing this debate
either.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old March 29, 2007, 04:40 AM
Arnab Arnab is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 20, 2002
Location: BanglaCricket.com
Posts: 6,069

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
This was your response when you thought I was changing my name to taunt you. This was after you implied my opinions might be that of a layperson's.
Wait a second. That layperson thing was a response to Alien, not you. Is Alien your sockpuppet?

Quote:
So that was just a harmless taunt from you which I took it just that way.
First, that was not a taunt. Second, it was a response to Alien, so there's no point in you "taking it" in any way.

Quote:
After this you thought I was taunting you but you did not take it in the same manner instead suggested that it is something that might be admin baiting.
I don't understand what you are talking about. Do you like to weave your own little stories about some Internet thread and recite your rongchorano story in another thread? Does this fulfill some kinda need for drama in your life?

Quote:
An example where admin taunts a member but when the admin thinks the member is taunting him he gives him a reminder about bans.
Cute example.

Quote:
In my post I had asked you as simply and as clearly as I could and since you did not understand I was compelled to give you an example now. I still think my suggestions would make for a much better solution than where this debate seems to be heading. It is upto the BC admins to either take it leave it. I dont mind continuing this debate either.
What are you some kinda honorable delegate whom the BC admins are holding a diplomatic session with? This is freakin hilarious.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old March 29, 2007, 05:10 AM
layperson's Avatar
layperson layperson is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 7, 2006
Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib
Posts: 2,574

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnab
Wait a second. That layperson thing was a response to Alien, not you. Is Alien your sockpuppet?

First, that was not a taunt. Second, it was a response to Alien, so there's no point in you "taking it" in any way.

I don't understand what you are talking about. Do you like to weave your own little stories about some Internet thread and recite your rongchorano story in another thread? Does this fulfill some kinda need for drama in your life?

Cute example.

What are you some kinda honorable delegate whom the BC admins are holding a diplomatic session with? This is freakin hilarious.

You seem to take my interpretations as "rongchorano". Well it was nothing of that sort, I did not add colour to anything. I just put forward what any person reading these forums would interpret it as. I suggest you think twice from now on before commenting on the need of drama in my life. You have no clue about my life so please refrain from making comments about that. I do not imply anything about your life based on your comments and believe me if I did put things in post forgetting politeness it would not come out pretty.

You replied to Alien and in the end said "Shahriyar's comments ...." If it was for Alien then you would have said "your comments ....". Later on you said we are manikjors implying we are both same. What am I supposed to understand then ? Even if you had said that to Alien it was still harmless banter from an admin towards a member. You on the other hand do not take such taunts easily based on your reply to my nick change post.

I am not trying to play diplomat with you either. You finding it "freakin funny" says something about the kind of sense of humour you have. So far I have tried to maintain some civility in all my posts but I am a man with little patience so I will end this here unless you reply back to this with anything that I find degrading towards me in any way.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old March 29, 2007, 06:28 AM
Arnab Arnab is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 20, 2002
Location: BanglaCricket.com
Posts: 6,069

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
So far I have tried to maintain some civility in all my posts but I am a man with little patience so I will end this here...
Thank God.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old March 29, 2007, 08:53 AM
Orpheus's Avatar
Orpheus Orpheus is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 25, 2002
Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Posts: 5,836

[Orpheus: don't play in the mud. Strong warning. To everyone, either go back to the topic or take a walk to smell some coffee]

Last edited by Zunaid; March 29, 2007 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: Admin.edit
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket