facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 25, 2007, 06:33 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Congratulations to "Brave Selectors", you did your job perfectly

I wish to offer my sincere thanks and gratitude to the best ever selection panel of Bangladesh Cricket.

Faruk, Atahar and Prince took few brave decisions during their tenure which proved right at crucial times.

IMO, they deserved more appreciation than they received.

They are finishing their tenure in June. BCB should keep them for at least another 2 years.

I have heard the logic of other former players and I really don't want those guys in selection panel.

Faruk and Co. has better vision.

Old March 25, 2007, 06:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

eager to see lipu eating his own words.
Old March 25, 2007, 06:43 PM
Club Cricketer

ya Selector did an excellent job
Old March 25, 2007, 06:47 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Selectors did a great job by selecting a young, fearless squad. Mushfiq proved the critics wrong, so definitely a wise decision there.
Old March 25, 2007, 07:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
I wish to offer my sincere thanks and gratitude to the best ever selection panel of Bangladesh Cricket.

Faruk, Atahar and Prince took few brave decisions during their tenure which proved right at crucial times.

IMO, they deserved more appreciation than they received.

They are finishing their tenure in June. BCB should keep them for at least another 2 years.

I have heard the logic of other former players and I really don't want those guys in selection panel.

Faruk and Co. has better vision.
What Miraz said.

The entire "back end" of Bangladesh cricket has done it's job, and the spotlight has stayed where it belongs - on the team's performance.
Old March 25, 2007, 07:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

yeah, Congrats Faruk, Atahar, Prince, Whatmore. You guys are awsome.

Lipu and Raqibul is worst. They are just greedy and talkative.
Old March 25, 2007, 07:22 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Bulbul has been pretty bitter recently too, particularly eager to pounce on any mistakes by Mushfiq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracky
yeah, Congrats Faruk, Atahar, Prince, Whatmore. You guys are awsome.

Lipu and Raqibul is worst. They are just greedy and talkative.
Old March 25, 2007, 07:29 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zobair
Bulbul has been pretty bitter recently too, particularly eager to pounce on any mistakes by Mushfiq!
Bulbul is now the coach of Abahani and Pilot is the captain...and same reason goes to Tushar Imran inclusion talk by Bulbul. This is only my idea and it could be totally wrong but senior player always does that in BD cricket.
Old March 25, 2007, 07:50 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Yes, selectors have done a good job so far. They have put their neck out at times and been proven right! They have been thoroughly professional.

I really like Athars passion about Bd cricket and he knows his cricket! A few years back Athar once said that Mashrafi was " the find of the century of Bd cricket"! How right he is! Faruq and Nousher are two competent fellas, too.

I hope their tenure will be renewed after June. They have done a remarkable job so far... It seems like that they also have good respect for each other and work well together!
Old March 25, 2007, 07:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

i would also like to congratulate faruk and company. they went against popular opinion and took a risk with these youngster... but it paid off well!!! i would very much like the selectors to continue their tenure!
Old March 25, 2007, 08:21 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I know this is the worst time to say this: even though these selectors are the best we ever had, there are still an ocean of opportunity they can improve on. I would like to see, some changes there, such as Prince getting down and Bulbul/Nannu coming in. We need some fresh blood there and those two deserve more from BCB than what they are getting.
Old March 25, 2007, 08:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
I know this is the worst time to say this: even though these selectors are the best we ever had, there are still an ocean of opportunity they can improve on. I would like to see, some changes there, such as Prince getting down and Bulbul/Nannu coming in. We need some fresh blood there and those two deserve more from BCB than what they are getting.
You gotta be kiding ! According to Bulbul Mash is still an unfit bowler who should not be trusted and this Bangladesh team fit better for Test matches than for ODIs ! Nannu ? All I know is that he is too hot headed to fit for such a critical job.

Our selectors, like our players, are still growing and learning. And, yes, it is pleasing to see they are getting many things right lately (well, I would not mind seeing Athahar Ali, who is basically the poster boy for the selection panel, being replaced by Akram Khan).
Old March 25, 2007, 09:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Nannu well make himself the captain of the test team..he always wanted to play!!
Nannu & Bulbul at this stage? No.. We definitely should continue with Atahar,Farukh,Prince & specially Dav Whatmore as the coach. Lets see.
Old March 25, 2007, 09:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
I would like to see, some changes there, such as Prince getting down and Bulbul/Nannu coming in. We need some fresh blood there and those two deserve more from BCB than what they are getting.
I agree with you partly. It may not be a bad idea to replace Prince and bring a new blood. Who is that new person? That part I am not sure about.
Old March 26, 2007, 03:17 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I agree with you partly. It may not be a bad idea to replace Prince and bring a new blood. Who is that new person? That part I am not sure about.
I think Prince is needed. He was a bowler and will have perspective from bowlers point of view...Bulbul, Nannu they can wait! We have agood team here...Why fix something if its not broken??

Lets not be just sentimental saying how BCB should honour the past players.
Old March 26, 2007, 09:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

I think its very important that the culture they have created in Bangladesh cricket continues uninterrupted. Banglacricket may not be able to help players when they play rash shots or bowl a short one, but we can start doing some behind the scene activities to make sure the selectors get a long contract. "Vision" is the more important than anything else. Lets prevent another Mohsin Kamal era.
Old March 26, 2007, 09:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Tushar imran, Ehsanul haque and Hannan sarkar for selectors. And give them the clause that no matter wat they cant select themselves and Pilot.

We will have the youngest bunch of selestors too....
neways just kidding....don know y...wasnt even funny....but just thought of writing something.....pardon my eccentricity....
Old March 26, 2007, 10:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

in recent stadium of prothom-alo... podithro kundo reported from WI that Faruq came to them after the india-bd match and took a hand on them for supporting Pilot over mushi... and the reporter goes and says he didn't had to say anything blah blah...

I say if you had a little cricketing ghilu and was not biased you would know that pilot was a lost case but still u guys supported him which shows yellow journalism and faruk is human he took lots of hit for this so he deserve to take out all his frustration on them. yeah i agree he could be a better man for not saying anything but there r very few who wants to be better man these days...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled