facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 26, 2007, 04:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn
Default Analysis/Criticizm of Bangladesh performance in pre-Super-8 WC matches

Bangladesh is Going to Play The Super – 8 Stages of The World Cup – 2007. The Best Performance for Our Cricket History. The Game That was Shown by Bangladeshi Young Stars were Outstanding and World Class. Bangladesh Played Like a Test Team.

In Bermuda Match There were Some Error from Bangladeshi Side. Bangladeshi Bowling was Excellent and Fielding Was Outstanding. But Bangladeshi Bowling Didn’t Face That Much Challenge in Group Stages. Indian Batting Line Up was Not Established. Srilankan Batting Line Up Almost Smashed Them. But In Srilanka Match Our Body Language was Not OK. Bangladeshi Players Didn’t Play with 100% Effort. Against India We Played Our Best Game. Bangladesh Must Play More Than Their Best Game for 2nd Round.

Thanks to Habibul Bashar that He Improved His Fielding and Took an Awesome Catch. Bangladesh is One of The Best Fielding Side of This Tournament up to Group Stage. It Needs a Little Improvement on Their Catching.

Tamim Iqbal 1 (2): It was an Outstanding Catch from Bermuda Player. But Tamim Did a Little Mistake. He went for Big Hit Without Realizing The Movement of Pitch. In General That Shot was Supposed to be an Over Boundary. Tamim is a Good Timer of The Ball. But For Some Extra Movement He Couldn’t Timing It Properly and Bermuda Got a Catch. Tamim Should Realize that He Has Ability to Hit but He Should Spend a Little Time to Adjust. Take 5-10 Balls to Adjust Then Go for Your Natural Game. He has 20 Overs for Playing His Game. If Tamim Stay on The Wicket He Might Get Century Within This Time. Hope in Super – 8, Tamim will Look After This.

Shahriar Nafees 12 (25): Beat by Extra Movement by The Bowlers. Credit Goes to Condition. But Again Shahreer Nafees Proved his Weakness on Incoming Delivery. He didn’t Get Out by an Incoming Delivery But He has Beaten by Incoming Delivery Sevral Times. Hope He will Improve.

Aftab Ahmed 7 (14): Aftab is One of The Most Technically Pure Batters of Our Team. But He was Over Ambisous. He has been Beaten Several Times. Why He Went for Big Hit When Bangladesh Score were Increasing by Bermuda Extra. He Could Stay on The Crease and Play Later On. Another Thing Aftab Was Beaten for 5-6 Times by The Bowler. He had Huge Gap Between Bat & Pad. It Seems that He has Problem in His Foot Work. But Previously We Saw His Foot Work is Excellent. It Means He has Lack of Concentration. WHY? This Answer is Only Known to Aftab and Solution will be From Whatmore.

Sakib Al Hasan 26 (35): Initially Over Ambisous Shot. But Checked. Good Presence of Mind. Hope He Can Continue with His Form. Up to Now There was No Big Technical Error and Hope No Technical Error will Come Out Later On.

Md. Ashraful 29 (30): He is Also Cannot Check his Shot. He is The Purest Batsman of Our Team. Why He Went for Big Hit. His Everything was OK Against Bermuda. But He Could Get Out Because of His Bad Shot Selection. Good Luck for The Next.

One Thing for Sure, If Bangladesh Play Their Group Stage Game in 2nd Round They will have to Struggle. In 2nd Round Bangladesh will have to Play 2-3 Times Better Than Their Current Game. Whatmore Knows It Very Well. Hope Habibul Bashar will also Realize It. In 2nd Round Bangladesh will have to Win 3-4 Matches for Semi-Final. If Bangladesh Can Play Their Best Game Then Also It will be Tough For Them. They have to Play Beyond Their Ability.

Good Luck Bangladesh. Go……………Go……………Go………… .

Old March 26, 2007, 04:57 AM
Street Cricketer

1 more point i would like to add:
Bashar could have used Mortaza for another over instead of Aftab's expensive over.
Old March 26, 2007, 05:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tiger_
Bashar could have used Mortaza for another over instead of Aftab's expensive over.
Masrafe Finished His Bowling Quota.
Old March 26, 2007, 05:22 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warfaze
Masrafe Finished His Bowling Quota.
how much was the total bowling Quota in 21 overs??
what about Syed Rasel?
Old March 26, 2007, 05:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
how much was the total bowling Quota in 21 overs??
what about Syed Rasel?
When It was Decided That The Game Would be 21 Over Game, It was 15.1 Overs. Masrafee already Finished His First Spell of 4 Overs. Rasel Finished 5 Overs. So Habibul Bashar Didn't Have Any Chance. He was Bound to Call Aftab to Bowl.
Old March 26, 2007, 06:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
When It was Decided That The Game Would be 21 Over Game, It was 15.1 Overs. Masrafee already Finished His First Spell of 4 Overs. Rasel Finished 5 Overs. So Habibul Bashar Didn't Have Any Chance. He was Bound to Call Aftab to Bowl.
but sakib had one over left.
Old March 26, 2007, 08:13 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Tamim Iqbal 1 (2): It was an Outstanding Catch from Bermuda Player. But Tamim Did a Little Mistake. He went for Big Hit Without Realizing The Movement of Pitch. In General That Shot was Supposed to be an Over Boundary. Tamim is a Good Timer of The Ball. But For Some Extra Movement He Couldn’t Timing It Properly and Bermuda Got a Catch. Tamim Should Realize that He Has Ability to Hit but He Should Spend a Little Time to Adjust. Take 5-10 Balls to Adjust Then Go for Your Natural Game. He has 20 Overs for Playing His Game. If Tamim Stay on The Wicket He Might Get Century Within This Time. Hope in Super – 8, Tamim will Look After This.
I thought most of us agreed in another thread to let Tamim Iqbal play his N A T U R A L G A M E
Old March 26, 2007, 08:21 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Thanks for this infos
Old March 26, 2007, 08:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Besides other problems that our batsman faced, one thing I noticed that the players (Tamim, Aftab and Ahs0 failed to realize that due to wet field and evenually wet ball, they needed to hit the bal harder than usual when they went for Sixes. They ended up giving chances some of them were taken and some of them where droped. Its hard to hit a wet ball, it needs more power than usual.

Another thing was (to my surprise) the ball was rising higher and unevenly than I expected. That created lots of problem to our batsman.
Old March 26, 2007, 08:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
.... He was Bound to Call Aftab to Bowl.
Bashar was not bound to do anything. He thought the pitch had some juice and may be Aftab could get something. It backfired on him. I see it as a positive. He is starting to take some risk. That is good for the most defensive captain in the world. Even Bermuda captain attacked all through the game.
Old March 26, 2007, 08:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Well.. the pitch was doing a lot .. so we can think it wont be like this on the coming matches..and for now the best we can and we should do is to hope that we do good in the super 8s. Criticizing them wont help now.
Old March 26, 2007, 08:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

For those who want to curtail the shots of Aftab, Tamim, Ash and Sakib, what do you guys suggest? Win by 10 wickets where in the last over you would be needing 6 runs??? Let them play as they know how to play. This was similar to a Twenty/20 match.
Old March 26, 2007, 08:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protic
Well.. the pitch was doing a lot .. so we can think it wont be like this on the coming matches..and for now the best we can and we should do is to hope that we do good in the super 8s. Criticizing them wont help now.
I am more worried about the fact that if Bermuda pacers can do this .... what will AUS & SA pacers going to do and how do or batsmen respond to them? With the unpredictable WI weather, I am sure this is not the only rain affected pitch that we will see.
Old March 26, 2007, 08:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Our batsmen lacks analytical thought process when they are out there on the field and probably outside the field. They just go out there in the field and play their natural game, but there is a lot more things to learn and adopt in cricket if you want to become a professional international cricketer. They have basic raw talent, but they are not willing to learn and apply the mental aspects of cricket.

That day I saw Jaysuriya standing outside the crease to prevent Mashrafee and Rasel do any kind of movement with the ball. That is what a batsman is supposed to do, kill the swing before it swings, stay outside the crease, play front foot, middle the ball and hit it straight.

Also they can opt for ground shots, instead of hitting up in the air, rotate strike and look for building a partnership, but the two openers and Aftab are not looking for partnerships, they play on their own especially Tamim just trying to slog and make runs on his own. They need to go out there as a team playing for each other, giving each other strike and so on. If they focus on how to rotate strike and give my other fellow the strike, they will improve a lot as a cricketer. If Tamim and Aftab likes to blast, then they should show us that they are also capable of hitting it on the ground more easily than up in the air.
Old March 26, 2007, 09:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
If Bashar got Aftab because he thought he needed a 6th bowler for an extra over then Bashar is incapable of thinking on the fly. Every bowler gets 4 overs and one gets 5. Since Rasel got 5 the other bowlers should have had their 4 overs. Its easy. He doesn't have to pass math in class Ten to know it. I am hoping that Bashar thought Aftab's slow balls will deceive the batsman and this would also help Aftab prepare for the second round. At least then I could sleep better thinking Bashar is less of a dummy.
Old March 26, 2007, 09:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder
Our batsmen lacks analytical thought process when they are out there on the field and probably outside the field. They just go out there in the field and play their natural game, but there is a lot more things to learn and adopt in cricket if you want to become a professional international cricketer. They have basic raw talent, but they are not willing to learn and apply the mental aspects of cricket.

That day I saw Jaysuriya standing outside the crease to prevent Mashrafee and Rasel do any kind of movement with the ball. That is what a batsman is supposed to do, kill the swing before it swings, stay outside the crease, play front foot, middle the ball and hit it straight.

Also they can opt for ground shots, instead of hitting up in the air, rotate strike and look for building a partnership, but the two openers and Aftab are not looking for partnerships, they play on their own especially Tamim just trying to slog and make runs on his own. They need to go out there as a team playing for each other, giving each other strike and so on. If they focus on how to rotate strike and give my other fellow the strike, they will improve a lot as a cricketer. If Tamim and Aftab likes to blast, then they should show us that they are also capable of hitting it on the ground more easily than up in the air.
Good post. I was thinking exactly the same thing. They should have learn from Jayasurya. The balls were not that fast yesterday. I was wondering what was on the pitch? These bowlers never had prodigious movements like that before.
Old March 26, 2007, 09:19 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Thread title edited to match thread-topic.
-Mod
Old March 26, 2007, 09:28 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mullah, Fizz, SS

hmmmmmmm..............lets see what happens in the super eight,i acnt wait to see bangladesh playing there.
Junior
Old March 26, 2007, 09:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Zakir : bhai well..then we wont have the 'reaching to super 8s for the first time' pressure.
We had the pressure..
Old March 26, 2007, 10:50 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protic
Zakir : bhai well..then we wont have the 'reaching to super 8s for the first time' pressure.
We had the pressure..
I guess I am overwhelmed by reading so much cricket & making quite a few posts .... but I really don't get what you are referring to .... clarification please ..
Old March 26, 2007, 06:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder

Some very important words.

Now the question is do the captain ,coach and manager think about this issues and discuss these in the team meeting? I don't think. Then why keeping an computer analyst in the team? Why giving him some valuable money? Remember technical and psychological thoughts are a part of their job.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old March 27, 2007, 05:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Bashar was not bound to do anything. He thought the pitch had some juice and may be Aftab could get something. It backfired on him. I see it as a positive. He is starting to take some risk. That is good for the most defensive captain in the world. Even Bermuda captain attacked all through the game.
Actually I didnt Mean It. It was a Positive Move. I Replied This Because Masrafe/Rasel Couldn't be Called Any More. Thats Why Habibul Bashar Ask Aftab to Ball. You Mis Interprate The Line.