Originally Posted by BangladeshCricket
True on that, Farhad was not given chance, but what I heard/read from this forum his pace is like chacha, we saw how Bermuda batsman go after Aftab that day...
Here is my opinion about that:
1. Chacha used to bowl 10 overs for us. With our current team composition, we don't need Farhad to bowl 10 overs, but 5+ overs.
2. Farhad is already a much better batsman than Chacha.
3. Farhad is not your future opeining bowler. He is you 3rd pacer at best, 4th pacer in pace friendly pitch.
4. Right now Farhad's strength is his batting
5. I don't think Farhad's pace is too much slower than Rasel. You can get away and squueeze some ecomical overs without speed if you can swing a bit and bowl in line and length.
6. In game with Bermuda, speed was not the only issue. Aftab was squashed, not because of this speed, becuase he was rusty and was not used at all in recent games. In the same game Mukkadem Bhai created terror with a speed of 75+ MPH.
I think in ODI specially in batting pitch, speed is over rated, unless you bowl close to 100 MPH. Its more important the ball swings, they bowl in line and length, bowler use brain i.e. they adjust to batsman's batting strategy.
However it's useless to talk about Farhad, he is not in the team.