facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Who should be the next BD captain in your eyes?
Shahriar Nafees 33 39.76%
Aftab Ahmed 1 1.20%
Mohammad Ashraful 6 7.23%
Alok Kapali 3 3.61%
Javed Omar 4 4.82%
Saqibul Hasan 6 7.23%
Mashrafe Bin Mortaza 20 24.10%
Abdur Razzak 1 1.20%
Tushar Imran 9 10.84%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 2, 2007, 12:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....
Exclamation Who should be the next BD captain?

I strongly believe we should start looking for a new captain. Bashar is not impressive at all for last couple of years except his words and age. We have a fine talented young team. This team should be handled with a good brain. Otherwise i am afraid these talents will be definitely wasted and we will be lost forever.

Here i am trying to add all possible names includes ones who are not in the team at present.

Some people already questioned that while we don't have some experienced one to be named as captain why should we go for that? The answer is I would rather be happy to give 4 years time to a young captain. In this time he will make mistakes at first. But with time he will learn and will take us to a new height. No point in wasting time with present captain any more. If I am too harsh at Bashar then I am sorry cause as a man i like him very much. But some times we have to be hard to achieve something good.

Last edited by WarWolf; April 2, 2007 at 12:51 PM..

Old April 2, 2007, 01:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Niccolo Machiavelli

Why the name Alok Kapali is there ? are you out of your mind or from Sylhet ? Ashraful or Shahriar have at least scored some hundreds. Kapali can not be even considered for the A team let alone becoming the captain.
Old April 2, 2007, 01:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Niccolo Machiavelli

Let us make Mashrafee the next captain and he deserve this more than anyone. He is in form , well disciplined and experienced as well. His age will allow him to build up the team for longer term that he can work things out.
Old April 2, 2007, 01:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Unfortunately, all the players in the current national team either lack in mental maturity or in experience to be considered for captaincy. So, my vote goes to Tushar Imran, current Bangladesh A-team captain. I also agree with WarWolf that Alok Kapali has a shot at captaincy.
Old April 2, 2007, 02:13 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player

Where is MUSHFIQUR RAHIM's name?? He can be a better captain then Tushar Imran. He has more experience in captancy then Tushar has.

it should be MUSHFUR RAHIM or SHAHREER NAFEES.
Old April 2, 2007, 07:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib, Tamim, Tendulkar

only Mashrafi can be next captain...thats is ..he got killer instinct..he is always attacking...give 100% in the feild...
and he speak better english then most of them...
those who can think Alok as a captain can think Hannan shah or Nafeez Iqbal as captain as well
Old April 2, 2007, 09:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Folks, I still want to find out what is wrong with Nafees
Old April 2, 2007, 10:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ash, Mash, Huss

a captain should be some one who is a world class player with good cricket brain...My vote goes to Ashraful.

This young lad performs when he is given responsibility
Old April 3, 2007, 03:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammed Asif

Just because Mashrafi is a good bowler and definitely on his way to be a great bowler doesnt means he should be the captain. Ian Botham was a great all rounder but not a great captain. People will point to Imran Khan and Kapil Dev, but both of these teams had match winners who were ready to take RESPONSIBLITY.

When Wasim and Waqar were in their prime they used to say to the batsmen give us 180 runs on the boad we will do the rest. (Read in a magazine...sorry dont exactly know the source.)

Mash was very frustated when Munaf edged his ball for 4 and Habibul didnt place a slip. He is a bowler with a big heart. He has forgiven Habibul, but will he be able to forgive himself when he makes mistakes like that. I would like Shariar Nafees or Ashraful. Voted for Shariar because though Ashraful is in the team now, he doent know hie role. Not his fault completely. He is been yo-yoing in different positions with relative success and failures. Would like Ashraful as a No : 3 and Aftab at No 6/7.

Let Shahriar be the captain. I have a gut feeling he will step up and take responsiblity. Graeme Smith was made captain out of the blue when Shaun Pollock flopped in WC 2003. Might not be a bad idea at all for us.
Old April 3, 2007, 04:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

There is only 2 options, Mashrafe and Shahriar. I personally think Mash should be the next captain simply because he is inspirational and he leads by example, he gives 100% all the time even when everyone around him gives up.
Old April 3, 2007, 04:53 AM
First Class Cricketer

On a second note i havent seen much of Tushar Imran, but from what ive read about him he is supposed to be good leader, so he is also one to look out for.
Old April 3, 2007, 05:03 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I don't see anyone except Shahriar Nafees is becoming Captain of Bangladesh. He has lost his form, but he will be certainly back with a bang.

This boy has talent and courage.
Old April 3, 2007, 05:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Hope our players will point out the mistakes and gonna put up a nice show in the upcoming matches.
Old April 3, 2007, 08:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

First,, can some of you define what you are seeking in a captain? Your personal favorite player or a player who has the ability to lead a cricket team on/off the field? Can you give some explicit examples of your candidate's trait that makes him the right choice? Once you answer that honestly,you will get your answer...
Old April 3, 2007, 10:31 AM
First Class Cricketer

IMO Shahriar Nafees shd be the next BD captain .
Old April 3, 2007, 10:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mullah, Fizz, SS

i will vote for shahriar nafees.at least for now and see how he does.beacause:
1.he is quite a good batsman.he is out of form now,but he will definitely come good inshAllah in the future.if he doesn;t do good as an opener,we should try him as no.4,as he is a good player of spin.
2.his attitude is very good.the way he walks or behaves,it seems that he has the authority over the team what a captain needs.
3.he was captain of many age-level team during his time.
4.he is our vice-captain for now.
5.he can be a long term solution as he is only 21.
6.we don't have better option for now.(as habib sucks)
Junior
Old April 3, 2007, 11:09 AM
First Class Cricketer

only JO has the required experience to be a captain in the present team ... !!!

ok - i'm underground now. take as many potshots as you want ... :P
Old April 3, 2007, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Unfortunately, all the players in the current national team either lack in mental maturity or in experience to be considered for captaincy. So, my vote goes to Tushar Imran, current Bangladesh A-team captain. I also agree with WarWolf that Alok Kapali has a shot at captaincy.

Alok has no place in the National Team and so do Tushar! Though, I think Tushar as a captain of NT might be very fruitfull.
Old April 3, 2007, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
I don't see anyone except Shahriar Nafees is becoming Captain of Bangladesh. He has lost his form, but he will be certainly back with a bang.

This boy has talent and courage.
Miraz bhai: You didn't vote yet for him though!...
Old April 3, 2007, 12:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
First,, can some of you define what you are seeking in a captain? Your personal favorite player or a player who has the ability to lead a cricket team on/off the field? Can you give some explicit examples of your candidate's trait that makes him the right choice? Once you answer that honestly,you will get your answer...
My choice of Tushar is mainly because he has a reputation of having a good tactical understanding of the game.

For example, Enamul Jr has more success playing under Tushar for A-team than he has under Rajin playing in NCL. Here I am not talking about A-team matches against ZImbabwe who are inherently weak against SLAs, I am talking about A-team matches against Eng-A or SL-A. Now, how are Enamul's performances related to Tushar's leadership ? Well, for an attacking spinner like Enamul it matters a lot how his captain setup the field. I admit there can be many other reasons why Enamul's performances vary under Rajin and Tushar, but I think above explaination is the most likely cause.

I know Tushar always struggles to keep his place in the national team whenever he is given a chance, but he is one of the very few Bangladeshi batsmen I have seen who can play pace and spin equally well (Ashraful is the only one currently in the national team with such quality), I think it is just a matter of time a batsman of his class cement his place in the national team (mind you he is only 23 years old now).

Last edited by TheWatcher; April 3, 2007 at 12:35 PM..
Old April 3, 2007, 12:30 PM
First Class Cricketer

We should not make SN a captain. He will become another Bashar. SN is very lazy in the field and a bad ..bad fielder.
Old April 3, 2007, 12:44 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Definitly Masri.

We can consider Nafees when he is back in form. We had Hannan, we had Rajin, both started so bright, but never came back to form.
Old April 3, 2007, 01:43 PM
Street Cricketer

Default Mashrafe all the way!!

Mashrafe should be the next captain and NOT Shahriar Nafees -
Reasons?
1. Apparently Nafees is tagged to be the next big thing for Bangladesh, and throwing the captaincy job at him as well may be asking too much of him. Burdens of expectation has already dried up the runs. Whats gonna happen if u add another one??

2. Mashrafe has the enthusiasm, killer instinct in him. This will serve him well in charging up other members. (Which he already does I blv)

3. (I am not sure about this one) I have heard and read that Aftab and Ashraful were caught saying that Nafees has scored bulk of his runs against lesser opponents. (I know this is a lame excuse). What this suggests is there is already a gap between these fellows. And all three of them are expected to serve BD for a long long time. So better Mashrafe than SN.

The only thing I am not sure about is that Mashrafe may try to lead by example ( much like Flintoff) and then may be sidelined becoz of injury. Thats the only thing that worries me.
Old April 3, 2007, 01:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Mash, I think, is already over burdened being the main strike bowler and a late order batsman. Also, you can't expect someone so injury prone to be with the team all the time. We actually need someone to hold him back from time to time so he does not end up with another serious injury.

Among the current national team players, I think Abdur Razzak is a better choice. He is older, more mature, and very much liked by his team mates. He is an excellent fielder too, unlike SN or Bashar, I have not yet seen him letting his team mates down in this area.
Old April 3, 2007, 02:01 PM
Street Cricketer

He has the all the qualities u mentioned, and I also support the 'injury prone' - ness of Mashrafe. But does Razzaq have the quality of captaining? (atleast to me, he doesnt)
and he is not an automatic choice for tests as well. ( as long as Rafique is there)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Mash, I think, is already over burdened being the main strike bowler and a late order batsman. Also, you can't expect someone so injury prone to be with the team all the time. We actually need someone to hold him back from time to time so he does not end up with another serious injury.

Among the current national team players, I think Abdur Razzak is a better choice. He is older, more mature, and very much liked by his team mates. He is an excellent fielder too, unlike SN or Bashar, I have not yet seen him letting his team mates down in this area.