2011 World Cup Match Thread: Bangladesh vs England, March 11 2011 at Chittagong
Bangladesh vs England
When all else fails, there's faith. You have to believe to be in it.
We have come this far in world cricket, and indeed this far as a nation, because we dared to believe. We cannot give up now.
This game comes on the back of a thrashing by West Indies. Let us not forget that. Let us not forget it, and promise it never happens again. Like all Bangladeshis, our team strength lies in adversity. With their backs against the wall, this is the perfect time for the Tigers to strike.
Now, lets win it against England. I want MOM to be the 12TH MAN again along with the other 11
Good luck Tigers and nahaz
> Start slow. Build a base. Then explode.
> I needed to perform so that I could give my countrymen an occasion to cherish and be proud of - Ice Man
> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/
It may sound irrelevant but I must say that our press is one of the culprits and responsible for the way tigers were being clobbered by WI. The media hype has made our players feel like "ami ki honu rey" and I, for once, want our management to put a ban on them from reading news papers.
\"In this game, there is no pretending, no mercy, no second chance....in the middle of this huge arena he is on trial, one against eleven, with no one to protect him.....cricket is not a game, it is the truth of life\"
-- J.M.Coetzee, In Boyhood: Scenes from a Provincial Life
Last edited by Navarene; March 5, 2011 at 06:43 PM..
Is it possible to forfeit the rest of the WC games. I mean what is the point of playing the rest of the games and stir more controversies and flash news. There is no guarantee that in the next match Bangladesh will achieve a shommanjonok porajoi against England, who are also going to play to prove themselves. It is better we take a break, prepare ourselves better before we are ready to play. What is the point of playing without preparing ourselves against the best?
Durgomo giri kantar moru dustoro parabar he
Longhite hobe ratri nishithe jatrira hushiar.
Originally Posted by MatinSux
no one cares anymore. WC is done and dusted. Lets look forward to series after the WC.
I care. So does everyone who will turn up at the stadium in a few days' time, and so does every true fan of Bangladesh cricket, at home and abroad. We have fans in India, in West Indies and even in Australia. They all want to see us beat the Poms.
Most importantly, the team cares. The staff cares. They would want to turn this around and win more than anything.
My word of advice: just concentrate on winning this game. Don't worry about if we'll get to quarter finals and what the other teams are doing. Don't get hung up about the run rate. Just win it. Its a tough ask.
Originally Posted by MohammedC
because nahaz has already opened a thread, which I did not see.
All good. But when did you open yours, just out of interest?
Just wondering how we'll share gloating rights if we win this match, which would be an incredible cricketing turnaround, and give us a 75% chance of a semifinal berth (20% chance that SA will not beat England, 5% others) .
I say we'll split the gloating rights 50-50. If I ever come to England in the next 4 years, you also have to shout me lunch VIce versa if you come to Aus.
I hope the best for our team, but please never create pressure, "We have to Win" or something like that, I think this distruted the boys from playing natural game. If we can play natural game, we should not have this type of result against WI.