facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 7, 2007, 06:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default we have a decent chance at the semis

as far as i understand...if we win all our remaining games, and RSA loses one more, we are in
Old April 7, 2007, 06:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

game on boys
Old April 7, 2007, 06:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

1 ta lose jalao porao
1 ta win here we come in semis???
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old April 7, 2007, 06:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
as far as i understand...if we win all our remaining games, and RSA loses one more, we are in
Wht if RSA doesnt loose.
Cant it be RSA,AUS,SL and BD. That would b great.
Old April 7, 2007, 06:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Nrr?
Old April 7, 2007, 07:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Lets not get carried away lads lets win a game at a time !! I am so so excited we have finally arrived to mess with the big boys !! I just want 2 more wins (Ireland and either Eng or WI)
Old April 7, 2007, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

the semis are a long shot. yes, we do have a chance on paper, but i'd rather the team take one game at a time, look to put their 100% on it, and as i have been saying all along - enjoy themselves. these are young players, and above all, you'd want them to enjoy the outing more than anything else, because if they enjoy what they are doing, they will learn more and deliver often.
Old April 7, 2007, 07:13 PM
Test Cricketer

I am highly pessimistic about our semi-final chances, but extremely happy at our performance.
Old April 7, 2007, 07:15 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I'll be happy if we win another game or two.
Old April 7, 2007, 07:23 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

I think this tour is one of the successfull tour for us. I m still happy for our performance,
Old April 7, 2007, 07:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamster
Lets not get carried away lads lets win a game at a time !! I am so so excited we have finally arrived to mess with the big boys !! I just want 2 more wins (Ireland and either Eng or WI)
it's possible to win against both eng and WI

and be very careful against IRL. they have a crazy team.

SA losing again is a long shot. but God knows we could be lucky.
Old April 7, 2007, 07:31 PM
Club Cricketer

lets keep small targets that we can fullfill easily and build our confidence.

Lets win and deal with one game at a time, make our performance consistent and in return we get to SEMIs I say HU HA, HU HA, Hurrah Hurrah
Old April 7, 2007, 08:33 PM
Cricket Legend

One match at a time lads, one match at a time. Let's not get carried away.
Old April 8, 2007, 02:35 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: AC Gilchrist

It was a fantastic Bangladesh win today. Bangladesh is my second team after OZ in this tournament (Ozzies love an underdog). I'm hoping they can maintain their consistency and put in a big one against the WI and England.

I'm not surprised that Bangladesh won - they've been putting in the odd big performance where they show they can mix it with the big boys. This has been offset by some thrashings where they've looked very ordinary. The next hurdle for them is consistency - being able to put in good performances day in day out, and minimising the performance and results gap between a good game and a bad game.

Now the team needs to go on with things and beat WI, Ireland and England. Expectations for qualification will be much higher now than they were yesterday. If they manage to beat England, then the pressure will be on against Ireland, because for a change they will be favourites in that match. If they go on to beat Ireland then the pressure will really be on against WI, because that game will have a lot riding on it - it will be a crunch match against a "peer level" side (as opposed to the crunch Bermuda match which was a bit of a mismatch, to be fair). We'll see what kind of spine Whatmore has instilled in his team - the fact that Bangladesh have strung together two victories over top ranked sides in the space of six or so matches shows that a spine is building. But so far they haven't had a lot of pressure because they haven't been expected to qualify - one they realise that they have a chance the pressure will really be on. It can be a defining moment for a team - the moment that it comes through in a crunch game and realises: "hey, we're just as good as these other guys, we can compete with them". Once those mental roadblocks are overcome then I think that's when you'll see the consistency at the top level arrive.

Will Bangladesh crumble under pressure or will they find that next gear and overcome those mental roadblocks? Who knows? But that's what's exciting - to me this is what the WC is about, Cinderella teams making runs. And Bangladesh need to play these sorts of matches, where there is pressure and where there is a lot at stake - so that they can build the kind of mental strength they need to become more consistent. You want your team to be tested, to be put under the hammer, to see how they respond, and to make them stronger.

Good luck and hope to see you in the semis!

Last edited by OZGOD; April 8, 2007 at 02:51 AM..
Old April 8, 2007, 03:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Rahul Dravid

nice post mate.very good read.thanks.
Old April 8, 2007, 03:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammed Asif

A few days ago we were discussing if we can manage to beat Ireland...and now we are trying for the semis...I hope the Bangladesh team and we fans gain some consistency.
Old April 8, 2007, 03:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

Yup,They have a Great chance now nad b'coz of this win over S.A they given chance to England and West Indies (outside chance ) to quality for the semis .
Old April 8, 2007, 04:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

GOOD LUCK Bangladesh..............
Old April 8, 2007, 07:56 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZGOD
It was a fantastic Bangladesh win today. Bangladesh is my second team after OZ in this tournament (Ozzies love an underdog). I'm hoping they can maintain their consistency and put in a big one against the WI and England.

I'm not surprised that Bangladesh won - they've been putting in the odd big performance where they show they can mix it with the big boys. This has been offset by some thrashings where they've looked very ordinary. The next hurdle for them is consistency - being able to put in good performances day in day out, and minimising the performance and results gap between a good game and a bad game.

Now the team needs to go on with things and beat WI, Ireland and England. Expectations for qualification will be much higher now than they were yesterday. If they manage to beat England, then the pressure will be on against Ireland, because for a change they will be favourites in that match. If they go on to beat Ireland then the pressure will really be on against WI, because that game will have a lot riding on it - it will be a crunch match against a "peer level" side (as opposed to the crunch Bermuda match which was a bit of a mismatch, to be fair). We'll see what kind of spine Whatmore has instilled in his team - the fact that Bangladesh have strung together two victories over top ranked sides in the space of six or so matches shows that a spine is building. But so far they haven't had a lot of pressure because they haven't been expected to qualify - one they realise that they have a chance the pressure will really be on. It can be a defining moment for a team - the moment that it comes through in a crunch game and realises: "hey, we're just as good as these other guys, we can compete with them". Once those mental roadblocks are overcome then I think that's when you'll see the consistency at the top level arrive.

Will Bangladesh crumble under pressure or will they find that next gear and overcome those mental roadblocks? Who knows? But that's what's exciting - to me this is what the WC is about, Cinderella teams making runs. And Bangladesh need to play these sorts of matches, where there is pressure and where there is a lot at stake - so that they can build the kind of mental strength they need to become more consistent. You want your team to be tested, to be put under the hammer, to see how they respond, and to make them stronger.

Good luck and hope to see you in the semis!
Thanks for your support OzGod!!! Hope to see you in the semi's!
Old April 8, 2007, 08:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

its a huge task for us but if we just believe in ourselves and play sensibly we will be able to beat windies and england
Old April 8, 2007, 09:04 AM
Banned

Let's keep on enjoying our historic win against the No.1 side in the world.

As a cricketing nation we are young. The best days of anyone's life are when they are in their youth and everything is new to them. Let's say we beat South Africa or another major team in the next world cup, we won't feel the same sense of joy, elation and ecstasy as we do now, as well as the same satisfaction and pride in proving our detractors wrong.

WOO HOO....BANGLADESH BEAT THE NO.1 SIDE IN THE WORLD!

WOOOOO HOOO!
Old April 8, 2007, 05:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: AC Gilchrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasin
A few days ago we were discussing if we can manage to beat Ireland...and now we are trying for the semis...I hope the Bangladesh team and we fans gain some consistency.
I think the team will be pumped when they come out against England. If your batsmen can answer the questions that Freddie and Co will pose, I really fancy your bowlers against their spin-shy batting lineup.
Old April 8, 2007, 05:33 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

If 2/3 our batsmen click and spinners have line and length with super variations in each of the remaining games, then ------.