facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 13, 2007, 03:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Chinaman,

Sincerely, this is a little too much. Now we are having to mandate that people do not disrespect Bashar?? Do you not realize the unrealness of your request?

I can categorically list a few reasons why this is ridiculous

1. Many cricketers are called by nicks. Why would Bashar deserve a special treatment?

2. Bashar's nick is a reflection of the Fans' feelings about him. Just like Aftab is called "Boom Boom Aftab". Some may even think that hablu (or Habla, or HaBa) is an affectionate nick.

3. This forum has a stadium atmosphere to it and people say much worse things in a real stadium. Your attempt to regulate what to call Bashar and what not to call, would quash that to some extent.

4. Why would the Fans be so sensitive about the hurt feelings of a 34 year old man who leads (or is supposed to lead) a bunch of guys? Bashar should not even complain like a cry-baby. If anything, he should feel angry, not hurt. Go ahead and take your anger out on the field. Smash the opposition.

5. This is a slippery slope for moderators. As long as the conversation is not beyond PG-13, why do you want to regulate speech (or posts for that matter)?

Lastly, I will call your latest royal decree the Patriot Act of BC.
Old April 13, 2007, 03:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
hey cricman you look like 50c do u know that?
Thats not me, it's David Ortiz in Yankee cap, In the words of Derek Zoolander I am very very very good looking ... atleast alot better looking than Ortiz
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old April 13, 2007, 03:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Is it essential to respect Bashar? or is it sure calling him hablu (habla) desrespect to him?
Old April 13, 2007, 03:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
Thats not me, it's David Ortiz in Yankee cap, In the words of Derek Zoolander I am very very very good looking ... atleast alot better looking than Ortiz
Who is David Ortiz and why do you have his picture as your avatar. (u don't have to answer that I am just kidding)...

Good to know that unlike some BC member we also have a good looking one too...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old April 13, 2007, 03:27 PM
Test Cricketer

i agree with chinaman.
Old April 13, 2007, 03:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

misconception: hablu = haba. This is not the case.
real thing: Habibul/habibur's shortened version is hablu.

I have a request too. (serious) This is a reminder to me and a reminder to you.

Please do not call Razzak. Call Abdur Razzak. That is his name and you will get brownie points and I will get a share of it too.
Old April 13, 2007, 03:31 PM
Test Cricketer

I thinks its only a moderator's personal opinion about Habibul's new nick name.Its better if Moderators make a poll about it.So they will able to find about the majority publics opinion.
Old April 13, 2007, 03:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Looks like Jonab Hibibul Bahsar son of mr bashar...

is getting special attention from dav

The team had trained at the beautiful 3Ws Oval at the University of the West Indies’ Cave Hill Campus on Thursday. Today they enjoyed a rest day although skipper Habibul Basher, Mushfiqur Rahim, Tamim Iqbal and Farhad Reza had individual training with coach Dav Whatmore.Others watched Ireland get beaten badly by the Australians on TV.
Old April 13, 2007, 03:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Respect is something comes from the heart. You can not force people respect someone. However, it's pretty shame that most of us don't realize that Bashar is the man who lead us to this level although his personal performances are under question. But I bet we could not reach this level if we had someone else (e.g x wicketkeeper) as our captain. Leadership is such a value that you don't realize when you posses it. YOu will know how valuable is it only when some stupid leader scrue your team up with internal politics.
Old April 13, 2007, 03:46 PM
Retired BC Admin

Sauron
  • Blame it to the weather and spice for making us a bit emotional and sensitive or perhaps a better way of expressing it, passionate by nature.
  • Blame it to the authors, poets and the likes for using certain names to symbolize certain character traits.
  • Blame it to me for making members aware of certain things at certain times to spoil the fun and not even revealing the expected results.
  • Blame it to yourself for playing the spin doctor and hiding behind a freedom of speech most bangla 'naary' yet to hear about before calling their husbands publicly.
  • Finally, blame it to Al Gore for making such a slippery internet.

Miraz

I guess you wouldn't have any difficulty finding the answer in this post
Old April 13, 2007, 03:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar2005
Respect is something comes from the heart. You can not force people respect someone. However, it's pretty shame that most of us don't realize that Bashar is the man who lead us to this level although his personal performances are under question. But I bet we could not reach this level if we had someone else (e.g x wicketkeeper) as our captain. Leadership is such a value that you don't realize when you posses it. YOu will know how valuable is it only when some stupid leader scrue your team up with internal politics.
agree 100%
Old April 13, 2007, 03:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Sar,
A statement may seem to someone as disrepectful and to others not. Do you agree? Perception can be different. That's how comments get out of context and featured as offensive whereas, the person who commented may not mean that way.

Most of us are annoyed with HB's performances. That doesn't mean we are disrespecting him and calling names to hurt his feelings. If I said Hablu is a .... that would be calling names. Not when Hablu is replacing habibul bashar.
Old April 13, 2007, 03:49 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
misconception: hablu = haba. This is not the case.
real thing: Habibul/habibur's shortened version is hablu.

I have a request too. (serious) This is a reminder to me and a reminder to you.

Please do not call Razzak. Call Abdur Razzak. That is his name and you will get brownie points and I will get a share of it too.
actually its better to calll him lalla. Heck even he doesnt mind it.:p
Old April 13, 2007, 03:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Well I have mixed feeling about your comments.

1. Yes you are right, You can not force people respect someone.

2. I think a true and confident leader leads by example, by his own contribution. Only a fragile leader try to suvive on other people's contribution.

3. Nobody is denying Bashar's past contribution to the team: as a player as well as a captain. He is one of the the best amoung the past captain. But time passes, team matures, demand increases, new options pops ups... and thus changes happens...new actors comes in ... the old retires. Thats the nature of the game....

4. I don't buy the logic that we should stick with mediore only because of the fear that we may end up much much worse captain who may screw up every thing we build so far. In life we need to make calculated risks, we need to know when to move on....unnecessary fear about unkoen future will take us no where but backward.
Old April 13, 2007, 03:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Bangladesh would still have these wins if bashar was not our captain. there is no comparison between the team in 2003 and 2007, we have a far better team now in batting, bowling and fielding.And if we had a better captain, who knows, Bd may just be knocking in the door in semis now.

Maybe I ll start to call him "habitual loser". I have no respect for him, he should have been kicked out of captaincy long ago, even his ODI batting was always in question. He is not a natural stroke player thats why he can score heavily in tests in quick time but struggles in ODI cricket because the fair few shots he has are blocked. To make it worse, he is out of form and he is putting the team in parole by coming at 3. Now if the team management has any sense and give importance to the remaining matches, they should drop bashar now. The team should always come before an individual.
Old April 13, 2007, 04:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
Bangladesh would still have these wins if bashar was not our captain. there is no comparison between the team in 2003 and 2007, we have a far better team now in batting, bowling and fielding.And if we had a better captain, who knows, Bd may just be knocking in the door in semis now.

Maybe I ll start to call him "habitual loser". I have no respect for him, he should have been kicked out of captaincy long ago, even his ODI batting was always in question. He is not a natural stroke player thats why he can score heavily in tests in quick time but struggles in ODI cricket because the fair few shots he has are blocked. To make it worse, he is out of form and he is putting the team in parole by coming at 3. Now if the team management has any sense and give importance to the remaining matches, they should drop bashar now. The team should always come before an individual.
too harsh. take it easy mate
Old April 13, 2007, 04:06 PM
Cricket Legend

He made 24 against the might Aussies.
Old April 13, 2007, 04:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
It's like
পাগলকে বলা, এই খবরদার সাঁকো নাড়াস না

Quote:
"Zoolander goodlooking" ?? :p
Old April 13, 2007, 04:09 PM
Test Cricketer

I done see anything rong in calling Hablu coz Hablu is just the shortcut to Habibul Bashar. Hablu doesnt dis respect Habibul Bashar.

Chinaman. Can u please rethink about it. U r the mod which doesnt mean u cnt make mistakes in thinking. I dont mean to argue but i strngly feel nuthing rong in callin him Hablu. If we were callin him something like we say for Asrafool dats desrespct as the wrd fool is there but for Habibul Bashar we say Hablu which is infact the appropriate shortcut!!!!
Old April 13, 2007, 04:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan

I think you never played cricket or even if you had that was in PS2 or something. else you wouldn't have made such stupid comment and break that secret in front of every one.

No NTl player deserve any kick in any where. tone it down.
Old April 13, 2007, 04:15 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

মনে হয় সবায় আদর করে ডাকে, অন্য কোন কারনে নয়,
Old April 13, 2007, 04:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Really? Then go ahead post a picture of yours!
Old April 13, 2007, 04:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Sar,
A statement may seem to someone as disrepectful and to others not. Do you agree? Perception can be different. That's how comments get out of context and featured as offensive whereas, the person who commented may not mean that way.

Most of us are annoyed with HB's performances. That doesn't mean we are disrespecting him and calling names to hurt his feelings. If I said Hablu is a .... that would be calling names. Not when Hablu is replacing habibul bashar.
My friend, you are clever enough to understand that by seeing different comments floating in all over BC. Yes, we are all annoyed. But we should not forget the limit. You don't need to be Eienstine to understand the tone right now growing in this forum. I hope, someone will put a stop!
Old April 13, 2007, 04:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
My friend, you are clever enough to understand that by seeing different comments floating in all over BC. Yes, we are all annoyed. But we should not forget the limit. You don't need to be Eienstine to understand the tone right now growing in this forum. I hope, someone will put a stop!
Please Bashar got his hablu name well before the WC. so don't try to mix these two
Old April 13, 2007, 04:39 PM
Cricket Legend

yea... its just an adorer naam, but as long as it stays like that and does not evolve to sth more derogatory it shud be arrite....

but a good call (thread) anyways, just reminding all of us about the 'line' not to be crossed....